• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ Official Luigi Match-Up Thread! ☆

Luigisama

Smash Champion
the mu thread is back. Thank you Hylian. You're the best mod ever. I'll mm you one day to express my gratitude.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
just updated the thread with a new video against Kirinblaze's mario. about to upload one against his Link as well.

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
How do you usually fight ROB once he gets you on the edge? When I get knocked back far enough, he usually waits for my missile to spike me. It works 3/10 times. I usually use my second jump and tornado up, but he is usually back at the edge waiting for me. He tries to read my get up and then grabs and throws me off again. >_>

Also, what is the frame rate for Luigi's power shield?

boss8

Smash Hero
all shields are 1 frame.......

and R.O.B can gimp luigi pretty easily...if he doesn't choose to dair u...he can just keep you off with bair...

to avoid try doing a snake recovery sorta thing....and land with b reversals..

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Also if he is right at the edge. Planking works to like let go of Ledge to fireball or fair near the edge. If he's right on the edge upair him because it goes through the stage. Regardless these will keep ROB away and will give you time to get back on edge.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
why is frigate a good counter pick for marth? low ceiling?

:phone:
on the 1st transformation if Luigi keeps Marth on the right side of the stage. We can force marth to recover onstage with an up b and punish him with our up b or abuse his RCO lag.

Our movement on this stage is great considering we can Cyclone across the 1st transformation.

On the 2nd transformation the platform in the middle allows for edge slip into upsmash, up b, or w/e other follow up since marth is a heavy character. The middle part of the stage allows for luigi to have stage control since his fireball can be shot at the slopes to affect the direction of the fireball.

Lastly this stage has short horizontal blast zones which allows for early kills from moves that have horizontal knockback.

BSP

Smash Legend
You take a lot of damage trying to get it back.

Frigate is double edged. If you love constant close combat, go for it, but be aware that the tables can turn easily.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
But on the other side of that, what if Marth gets control of the middle area on the 2nd transformation?
then Luigi will have to stay outside of marth's and will probably be pushed to the ledge most of the time, unless Luigi powershields marth's attack and punishes.

btw new videos for playing against Wolf.

just a quick tip for luigis that play against wolf. Learn his moveset and powershield everything. Pretend he's a marth with projectile, spams his counter, and approaches with bair instead of fair.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
so this thread will no longer have videos. I'll be putting videos in the other video thread. So don't check this thread for videos anymore. :)

yoshq

Smash Master
Yeah. I'd agree with -2. The only way Luigi wins is if he plays like a complete ***** and fireballs/nadoes the entire time. And if the Zss is a bit predictable or tries to be faster than Luigi, Luigi can take advantage of that. But when he does, it has to be severe. If he doesn't rack up damage fast when he gets the opportunity, he will probably lose.

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
totally agreed yoshq!

I play a lot against Quiksilver, one of the best zss's on the world. I have to say, this MU is fu***** ******** :x As always, we lose nearly all air battles and even if we spam Neutral B and Nado, we are getting predictable with the time and get Dsmashed x)

Maybe we should play RoB? xD Just heard Jband beat quik with Rob x)

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
What are some good stages to counter pick on a Pikachu and how can I effectively win.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
You take a lot of damage trying to get it back.

Frigate is double edged. If you love constant close combat, go for it, but be aware that the tables can turn easily.

Then it's not too advantageous

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
on the 1st transformation if Luigi keeps Marth on the right side of the stage. We can force marth to recover onstage with an up b and punish him with our up b or abuse his RCO lag.

Our movement on this stage is great considering we can Cyclone across the 1st transformation.

On the 2nd transformation the platform in the middle allows for edge slip into upsmash, up b, or w/e other follow up since marth is a heavy character. The middle part of the stage allows for luigi to have stage control since his fireball can be shot at the slopes to affect the direction of the fireball.

Lastly this stage has short horizontal blast zones which allows for early kills from moves that have horizontal knockback.
So basically fsmash and up b are our best friends here.

Top Bottom