• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
I got him to save some footage of it today, it's ****ing ********. It warps you off the stage and wastes your jumps off stage and Nana can't be hit. Also he activated it out of getting hit by tornado one time.

For the record though there is already an SBR rule against techniques like this that says you lose a game whenever you initiate a glitch that causes characters to freeze or disappear. technically Nana is frozen and disappearing at the same time and she also makes you warp across the screen, disappearing and reappearing somewhere else.
actually cameron...

*Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

it doesnt stop the game from continuing. so the fusion does bypass this rule. this would only apply if it made the match unplayable.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
actually cameron...

*Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

it doesnt stop the game from continuing. so the fusion does bypass this rule. this would only apply if it made the match unplayable.
Lol. You realize all you just did was find a loophole around that statement. The statement does not have to directly translate. And it's not like didn't already mention how stupid broken this technique is. It's probably pointless to try and defend it.

To me, what you just did is when a parent tells their child not to do something and then when the child does it again he/she simply says, "Noooo, you said not to blahblahblah, you never said I couldn't blahblahblah." Where the 2nd "blahblahblah" merely takes something the parent said and switches it around.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I think Firestorm is on to something. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing is the key warrant to the rule, and you can still fight the Ice Climbers while they're like that. Something like MetaKnight's IDC fell right in line with the rule, preventing the match from being fought. While the fusion's a crazy glitch it doesn't seem that broken gameplay wise.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Hmm, I think Firestorm is on to something. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing is the key warrant to the rule, and you can still fight the Ice Climbers while they're like that. Something like MetaKnight's IDC fell right in line with the rule, preventing the match from being fought. While the fusion's a crazy glitch it doesn't seem that broken gameplay wise.
well if you think about it, the infinite cape glitch isn't REALLY infinite. its just for low long the person can mash b for....

fragbait

Smash Master
Well, it seems my Dad doesn't have cancer.

But have you ever heard the phrase "Bust a Nut?"
Well, he did.
Literally.
He busted a nut and it's grown a cyst.

Get Wrecked Dad.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
ddd will probably always have a standing infinite on luigi. can't get tired of hitting that throw button, you konw what im on about ;)

*edit*
sorry by B i mean up c stick?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I don't think my parents will want me taking my car on a road trip two weekends in a row.

Plus, I'm probably going to want to take a nap on the way.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Wow, you must have read my mind telepathically, cause I was just thinking about coming on the Smashboard and telling you how good your Snake is now. I'll play you again if you come.
*maniacal laughter* My snake is trash.

Yes, I'm coming. This'll be fun.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
lol id do it. :p

Lol. You realize all you just did was find a loophole around that statement. The statement does not have to directly translate. And it's not like didn't already mention how stupid broken this technique is. It's probably pointless to try and defend it.

To me, what you just did is when a parent tells their child not to do something and then when the child does it again he/she simply says, "Noooo, you said not to blahblahblah, you never said I couldn't blahblahblah." Where the 2nd "blahblahblah" merely takes something the parent said and switches it around.
lol i guess it did kinda seem that way. but thats not what i was gettin at. its still broken and it will get banned. just not from the rule that cameron was trying to point out. thats all. :)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well, it can happen unintentionally such as (iirc) if the opponent grabs popo out of the squall hammer start up

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
well, it can happen unintentionally such as (iirc) if the opponent grabs popo out of the squall hammer start up
i know. so how do you think there going to set up the rules on when they ban it and it accidentely happens. both player must stop and let the IC's diffuse and then continue the match??

Top Bottom