• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Tell me people: Will you all be free on Saturday January 10th?

I changed the tentative date of the big Wichita tournament from 1/17 to 1/10. WSU Winter Break is Dec. 15th - Jan. 22nd, and I don't want classes starting again too soon after the tournament.

I'm going to stop by the Best Western again today after classes; this is gonna be huge!

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
just to clear things up. i know affinity already posted the details but i just want to make sure everyone knows.

$5
brawl singles start at 5-5:30 (which ever is more convenient)
melee singles as soon as brawl singles are over
might be able to do doubles if enough people want to join

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so im picking ZSS and Olimar as well...
lol one night for some reason i couldnt win with the IC's or anybody else so i started playin with olimar and i started ****** with him lmao never lost.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
just to clear things up. i know affinity already posted the details but i just want to make sure everyone knows.

$5
brawl singles start at 5-5:30 (which ever is more convenient)
melee singles as soon as brawl singles are over
might be able to do doubles if enough people want to join
$5 per event? or $5 for both?

Also, we need the exact address of the place; Mapquest link, preferably.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
lol affinity u kno **** well a tourney where $5 dollars covered everything wouldn't be worth all the trouble of planning it. I'd assume it's $5 per event.

Silly Steven lol =P

Karmacide

Smash Lord
You guys probably know this, but the Hutch tournament overlaps with my work schedule so no Hutch for me. :embarrass

Is anyone playing Red Alert 3? Josh and I played it yesterday and it was funnnnnnnnnn.

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
i figured out that tiberian sun is also call red alert 3

but the new one that just came out is the official 3.

i would like to play it as i like c&c and starcraft :)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Anyone who is going to the Hutch tournament this Friday, PLEASE message me with this message title:

-
<Insert names> is going to the Hutch tournament
-

I'm probably not going to read the message. I just want to compile a list of people going and organize carpools.

Thanks

Holms

Smash Ace
Tomorrow? I thought the tournament was friday...I wanna go, too...but I'll see.

Secondly, I've thought about getting Red Alert 3 seeing as I like RTS's...and I desperately need one for my PC at the moment since the latest one I have is sadly Age of Mythology. I've never played C&C before, so is it really as good as people say it is?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
We have alot of tourneys going on this month it seems. Just to give everyone a heads up, the next Bi-weekly is the LAST one to be held at my house until about January. My basement will be too full to host us after this. We'll need to come up with a supplementary location or put the tournaments on hold until after Christmas.

Also: Andy the tournament is Friday not tomorrow lol

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
We have alot of tourneys going on this month it seems. Just to give everyone a heads up, the next Bi-weekly is the LAST one to be held at my house until about January. My basement will be too full to host us after this. We'll need to come up with a supplementary location or put the tournaments on hold until after Christmas.

Also: Andy the tournament is Friday not tomorrow lol
my house is still open to be a host for the bi-weeklies

Holms

Smash Ace
Oh, and apparently I have the OK to go to OH Snap with you guys, though it's looking like I'll have to ride with someone seeing as my bro and I share the car. Is there going to be a specific time when we all talk about this sorta thing?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I've only ever seen one really good Pokemon Trainer player. Hardly anyone uses him and when they do they're usually mediocre at best. I can't blame them because PT pretty much just sucks as a character. You have to know exactly what you're doing and exactly what your opponent is doing to be any good with him. I think of it pretty similarly to trying to learn Pichu or Kirby in Melee. Whereas learning Lucas is more like trying to learn DK in Melee. Characters that are only going to beat better characters if you know exactly what you're doing.

I'd stick it at 60-40. Maybe even as high as 70-30. Change it when some PT player proves it wrong. Pokemon trainer is just really easy to take advantage of. Simple to edgeguard in any form, stupidly easy to combo as Charizard, stupidly easy to gimp as Ivysaur (oh yea and extra knockback for PK Fire.) The biggest threat is Squirtle and even that isn't anything extraordinary. Once you've got him out of the way it's an easy enough matchup in general.
:embarrass:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dude obama is going to dominate. i predict around 320+ electoral votes for obama.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
so how do yall like my sig :D

Pokemon Trainer = Melee Kirby and Pichu.

Lucas = Melee DK.

it's a fact now.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Shoot, January 10th? I won't be getting back until the 13th. Well, at least that's what I've planned right now. I'll see if I can't switch things around. :)

Top Bottom