• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Meta Knight Interview Thread • ANTI INTERVIEW UP! Read read read =D

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Meta Knight Interview Thread
Okay since people think this is a pretty cool idea, we'll vote on who to interview first. Then once we have decided who to interview, you guys can start asking questions and I'll PM the questions to them/direct the thread to them.

Orion
What character is your toughest mu and why
Marth was always a problem for me in 2008-to present because you cant just camp marth. I have losing records Horribly to pierce, minty, neo and now a losing record to Mr.R as well. its personally hard for me because i always underestimate marths range, and miss a lot of gimps.

Recently I have practiced it as much as I can and watched a LOT of videos so lets see how i do next time ;)

When and why did you start playing Smash?
It's really interested, smash is the ONLY reason i really got into video games. I was at my friends house and he asked me to play and it was so much fun that i begged my parents to get me a N64. I got melee the day of its release, and brawl I initially hated so I waited a few months after the release to buy it. As for tournaments, I always wanted to go, but I was to young before (melee days), and then when brawl came out i had another friend that wanted to so we just went for it.

Who is your favorite Smasher to troll and why? If you weren't able to play Meta Knight, who would you play and why?
I dont troll anymore tbh, unless its like in a social thread. But I think Drk-peach, BPC and MistaJ.Keiser are the best to troll.

I have a feeling i would mostly stick to ICs, and then go falco/wario/marth for specific matchups and stages.
If you were a pokemon, which pokemon would you be?
:083:

Blackberry or android?
bberry just because of the messenger

How do you respond to mk haters?
i just ignore them usually

Which smasher would you go gay for?
zucco :awesome:

Can you do a Barrel Roll?
only in bed ;)

Have you seen the Kirby Animu? If so, did you see the 4Kids version of it?[/.quote]

i watched one episode with my ex and she trolled me for maining metaknight XD

Snape or Dumbledore?
dumbledore
What's your opinion on yaoi? :awesome:
lolno

Favorite Mario game?
snes ones

So... did you get Black Ops? :bee:
no :p
Metaknight has a sexy japanese voice. O.O errr....

One more question!

If mk was bad, would you still play him?
probably not. if he had the same play style then i would use him as a low/mid tier.
What would you say was the thing that helped you get good the most?
good is subjective But. Playing people in 99 stock matches is Reallllly good practice if you can find someone with the patience to do it. also 99 stocking computers, and practicing overall tech skill is really important to me.
Make your own setups, and try and really know your character by reaction.

How much do you miss Allied
to much :(

Whats the most intense set you have ever been in
playing inui for first place at that local, i was really nervous playing for 1st at something other than gaming world :embarrass:

Anything planned for when you come back to ny/nj
ill try and get a smashfest so i can see everyone if there isnt a tournament :D

:awesome:

What placing do you expect to get at Make Some Neuss? (for americans: big tourney in europe next month, like 4-5 people out of the european top 10 are attending it)
i always go to something with the intention of getting first.

Who do you think will be your hardest opponents?
leon, mr.r, any of the good EU falcos. Calzorz if he goes.

Any players you are afraid of (also people, you didnt play yet)?
Leon is probably going to be the hardest person for me in europe until i get the marth mu down solid.

1. what advice do you have for mk's that want to rise in the competitive scene?
1. GO to tournaments. if you can make it, GO.
2. Practice tech skill constantly, you need to be fluid.
3. Find players that live close to you and play them constantly also, try and memorize their habits and play to 3 stock them. if thats not possible then play wifi, (i did both)
4. patience
5. solid pressure game

also know that you are not going to start off winning. you have ups and downs and you have to work on them.

2. what technical things/combos do you practice? list of essentials for us to work on?
learn to FF AC all of your airs, buffer everything properly. also Being Perfect on the ledge is a must imo. it nets yo free gimps, and allows you to avoid being gimped.

3. what do you think about/focus on when you play as mk?
1. habits
2. stage control
3. bananas/nana/nades/tires/ect

If these haven't been asked already...
What's your favorite move/combo to use?
anything leading to downtilt lock or side b cancel combos

QUOTE=Mr. Twister;11599848]What's your favorite neutral stage?
battlefield

QUOTE=Mr. Twister;11599848]favorite counterpick & why?
delfino, and because teh spammer made me play him on the stage so much that i learned it Really well. I honestly just have fun on the stage because i feel so comfortable there.

why is your dutch so garbage
because i havent bothered to take a class yet :reverse:[/QUOTE]

Seibrik
SlashTalon:
What is your favorite match up and why? (Player/character/both)

Prolly gonna have to say MKvsSnake as it's my most practiced matchup, and it's one of those MU's that the more I do it, the more scientific it becomes, feeling more and more like MK just has answers for every little think snake can think up.
Vato_break:
What is your opinion on Mario? What is your opinion on SoCal?

Mario, while higher than some on the tier list, in my mind should be one of the lowest on it just because of how he is built. He's meant to be average at everything, and the creators did a good job at this. He has no "strong" points, he's just a lil good at everything, keeping him from shining at all in any area, barely any MU's to my knowledge...

I <3 socal, hanging out with everyone at bigfoots was da shiiiii
can't wait to do it again, hopefully i can find the money to fly out there some day -dreams-
Staco:
I think your MK is really good, and you got close games against players like Ally and you did pretty well against M2K compared to other MKs. Why don’t you place any higher at tournies? I didn’t see you place consistently at MLG all the time. Mindset problems?

I'm gonna blame my character if I had to pick anything. I feel i have a very deep understanding of why i lose most of the time, and the only thing I could come up with atm is that everyone knows mk so well, meanwhile Im trying to catchup on oos exp/character exp (lol X owned me). I feel the more i travel, as I plan to in the coming months, the better/more consistant I'll do.

Is the cool video where you perform to a song during the drive to a smashfest still on youtube?
If yes, can you link it pls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbt6z1pypw

What do you think about europe/japan?
I loooooove watching europes agro style, i based my wario on it lol

makes me have hope for a game where eventually people will be able to approach at will, regardless of %, so long as they simply read the opposing player.

Japan has weird characters i dont understand lol

Do you like Currywurst?
duno wat that is, but im willin to try anything once.

Whats your Aim?

Aim= Seibrik

Do you like VVodka?

I LOVE vodka, or any kind of hard liquor really. I can't stand girly drinks, or any mixed drinks really asside from Long Islands.

Whats your favourite fruit juice?

Orange Juice by Simply Orange- NO PULP

How tall are you?

I'm 6'1, 6'2 on a good day.

Do have a girlfriend?

No I do not, though that's not to say I don't have many girl friends.

What did you do 15 minutes ago? (before you started answering the questions)

I was working at an elementary school across the street from FIU north campus doing aftercare (mass babysitting)

Brunette or blond haired girls; which do you like more?

Brunettes for life.

I've ever only liked one blonde, call it an anomoly.

BluePeachy100:
What advice can you give to someone who gets discouraged easily in difficult match ups?

Manup or shuddup.
Manup=accept the fact that its bad, counterpick character accordingly.
Shuddup=Stop complaining and learn it with ur character.

earla:

Play as many friendlies you can at as many tournies in as many different areas as you can, while watching as many of the top mk's videos as you can, and ask as many people as you can for advice/better understanding of whats going on in said videos/tournies/friendlies. The first step isn't learning. It's learning how to learn.

2. what technical things/combos do you practice? list of essentials for us to work on?

I started to practice this thing where i run off the stage, upair, fastfall, dj airdodge back on into buffering the same thing again. Just looks cool/flashy and its a pretty good preassury mindgame for people off stage in bubble.

Spacing is essential, but dont just understand your hitboxes, understand how standing in certain areas after reading certain DI's could affect your oppponents next decision (something im constantly working on). Thats what i consider spacing lol

After getting over my own execution, i really just focus on my opponent. sometimes i feel bad for them, thinking there was prolly nothing they could have done to avoid certain situations.... sometimes...

4. tips for mk dittos?
Ask another MK LOL

still figuring this one out for myself. I might as well be asking you the same thing

5. m2k has mentioned you pick up on things that most other players don't, could you talk about what he was refering to?

Just on my ability to somewhat force opposing players to create habits for themselves, then picking on them. That is assuming they dont already have habits worth picking on to begin with.

Jem. :
What do you think the best team combination (character) is in Brawl?
Potentially DUB mk, me and afro are working very hard on everything they could be abusing.

Next in line are mk/snake or gimmicky teams

IMO healing (shakyriddle) is the best gimmick, followed by Anubus, followed by GW one hit kills.

Do you actually follow your conditioning steps on every stock?

I try to, some stocks I tend to play more around with "i wonder if"'s when I feel confident enough against the opposing player, so i can learn more about reactions/creating habits to use later on.

Orion:
what do you do when you play players like anti who dont give a **** what youre thinking and just **** on reaction time lol

I garuntee he only doesnt give a **** what your thinking when he notices his original "overwhelm" style works on you. IE if your bad at handling fast preassure, he's gonna notice it and destroy. For players like Anti, you have to, in a sense, put a leash on him. Hit him a few times in situations he thought he'd be safe in, slow his game down to your level, and continue from there.

This of course, coming from a guy that's never beaten him (though only ever played one mm if i recall) so take what i say with some salt.

edit: someone should link me to those conditioning steps i remember reading them it was interesting
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285659

are you going to genesis?
Im definately gonna try to. If i have money for it, i'll be there.

why does everyone call you free in teams?
It's the same reason people think they have a much better chance at beating me if they've never played me before. Seibrik syndrome (memorization lol) affects me in teams as well, where I tend to only perform really well when with a partner i've played a long time with, i'm yet to be good at switching partners like crazy like someone like atomsk is.

i remember i mmed you once a long time ago and changed character every game and did better than when i just tried to mk ditto you all the way through the year before. i took a game with mk and ics, you beat my falco, and my mk and ics the next two times i had to use them

against players who constantly change chars at a high level how does this effect your adaptability?

It affects it a bit. but thing is against most players, you can sometimes see their mains come out in their sceondaries. Like if a snake main switches to mk, you'll notice he'll prolly airdodge a bit more than most mk's, cuz hes not used to having 6 chances to jump away lol

do you think the way you play is the best way to play, or the best way to play for You?

I can't say whats best for anyone. I can only do what works for me, than do my best to explain why it works for me. It's up to everyone to take what I say and digest it, then decide if, and how to apply it to their own game.

KassandraNova:
Why is the mk ditto so dumb?

Cause you have the two, not best in this sense, but safest characters fighting each other (mk and mk) and trying to get in on each other with moves that are the EXACT same length and priority lol

Should I pick up a secondary to deal with pocket mks, or should I learn the ditto?
Learn the ditto, being the mk main, you'll start the match with an advantage of knowledge, and be more comfortable overall. Pocket MK's will feel easier and easier the more you learn the MU and you notice they stay the same doing the same dumb, and as you will learn, unsafe ****.

What kind of pokemon are you?

Psychic. :p

Grape juice or grape drink?

Neither. All bout that grape drank.

Who is your favorite smasher?
There's a couple, but just to name a few off the top of my head....

Afro, DEHF, Peirce, Havok, Tyrant....

eh theres alot more im sure

Favorite megaman game?
Original series is megaman 2 or 3.

X series is X4

Seibrik, favorite mk main? xD

AFROOOOOOOO

Favorite kind of cookie?

Oreo!!!

Salt or pepper?

Both
Favorite starcraft race?

Protoss
Who is hotter, justin beiber or justin timberlake?

Justin Lew
(NickRiddle)

LOL

Bloodcross:
Your ears...

birth defect?

Originally they stuck out, and were a bit large as seen here if your a friend on facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...et=t.763051114

Got picked on all thru elementary school, came home cryin to mama one day, and between summer of 5th and 6th grade, had surgery to pin them back. They don't exactly look normal, i understand, but kids def. stopped pickin on me, school became easier to handle so i guess thats whats important.

Xdeath:
How did your first time studying a player (DEHF) through video work out for you?
It didn't really matter seeing as I never had to play him, not yet anyway. I'll let you know when i knock him out

Albert.:
Seibrik will you train me IRL??
What's this even mean?...
we're both South Florida lol xD

Seibrik how does it feel to be interview for both MK and DDD ??

Feels alright... I dunno lol
Im just happy to help out people in need of it, guess thats whats this about right? Helping people learn.

What's your favorite frame traps or tricks that you think YOU developed?

Right now it's prolly a variation of the uair combo i dont see other mk's use.

I uair starting at low% three or four times, then i dont jump, instead i start a nair, it still combos cuz they fall into it while in hitstun, only the weak part hitting them, allowing me to finish nair and uair them, still combo, into an up b. does like, 56ish% from 0ish lol yeah...

Kasper!:
what do u think of kasper as a player

duno him, cant say
Kaffei:
Seibrik, what is your toughest match up

ATM............

I duno

I have more worries about players than characters at this point. Any character thats weird to me i get over pretty quick within the course of a couple sets with said character.

Hope this helped and met all expectations. If not, oh well.

PEACE!

Dojo
Gonzalo Barrios:
@Dojo

-Who is better in Mk Dittos: Mew2King, you or Anti?

M2k. Duh

-Why did you picked up MK?

Picked him up since midnight release. I like fast paced movement and stuff.

-Do you like or hate the fact that Mk is a broken character?

LOVE it.

-If you had to drop MK because he got banned, what character would you pick?

I played Diddy at like 4 tourneys here where MK was banned and placed like top 4 everytime. So I’d probably go that route.

-Favorite Stage, Matchup?

Battlefield. And… I don’t have a favorite matchup honestly.

-Your most hated Stage and Matchup?

It’s between halberd, lylat, and Yoshis. Halberd and Yoshi’s can both have the little platform camp thing going which is annoying. I don’t like Lylat’s shifting movement.
Matchup probably has to be Falco. CG + lasers + sideb + jab + gay ****. I just don’t like it. Personal preference.

-Your best tournament moment and match?

Probably Whobo1 against M2K. 3-0ing him had me higher than the mountains. Nobody expected me to get close I assume, but the crowd was going crazy when it happened. It was an awesome moment.

-Your worst tournament Match?

Probably against Ally at NK3. I was playing relatively bad all day and got sent to losers early. I still managed to grind it out and get to grand finals. Ally being in his absolute prime at the time plus his knowledge in that matchup plus me playing bad = me being shut down badly.

-Do you have grudge with Mew2King (because most people talk about him)?

No, not really. Who people wanna talk about is their business really. He’s the best so he will be talked about obviously.

-Reshira or Dragonite?

Dragonite. I’m old school.

-Were you satisfied with your performance in the MLG pro circuit 2010?

Not at all. I only attended Columbus and Dallas.
Columbus was okay I guess. I lost to a random Midwest Falco I’d never heard of (like I said, I hate that matchup >.>) 2nd round. I managed to get back to the top day two playing about 13 rounds against top players like atomsk, havok, and esam. (name search *****es) Lost to lee then just joked around with gnes in consolation. It wasn’t what I was aiming for but I thought I did well with the ****ty position I put myself in.

Dallas was another story. I hadn’t really played since Columbus all that much. I’d been to one tourney in between but my mindset was really bad going in. I was playing extremely nervous every match and ended up getting sent to losers before making it to pro bracket. I didn’t feel like I was 100% until I hit Ally for entrance into top 8 and guaranteed 1000$. He had just lost to Gnes 3-0 (who I was planning on playing the whole time) and I was kind of worried. Havok took me to the side and told me a bunch of tips he had down against ally. My sheer determination to get in and make something out of the tourney made me play better. Still wasn’t enough though and Ally shut me down game 5. :\ I went home pretty upset.

-Best and worst moments and matches in the MLG pro circuit 2010?

Best match was probably against Ally. The few times I’ve played him I play nervous and he shuts me down quickly. This time I was too determined to let that happen so I did drastically better than normal, and now I feel a lot more confident in myself the next time I play him. It was a learning experience more than anything.
Worst match was probably against X. I was nervous of the upset and I really feel like I didn’t play my best. I was just trying to grind it out against him but it didn’t work. :\

-Would you play with me someday ?

Well sureee.

-Do you love KassandraNova?

Lol no. Sorryyyy.

-Do you think that the fact ally came to MLG with his GF was just a trick/Mindgame to distract people in their matches?

Lol no.

-If you were 450 pounds what you would think of yourself? Love or Hate?

Well I have about 300 pounds to go so idk lol. I’d probably be pissed.

-Your Meta Knight color preference?

I like the default. Whites okay too.

-Do you hate the Ledge Grab Limit Rule against MK?

No not at all. It’s not the best rule but it does keep MK from OVERLY abusing the edge.

-What about the Scrooging Rule?

Same.

-If Mk would be the WORST character in brawl and Captain Falcon the new MK, which character you would choose?

Lol Falcon. I’ve always enjoyed playing Falcon even if he is ****.

-How is my english? I'm from South America.

Not bad.

-Red or Pink?

Pink.

-One girl or two girls?

One. Never cared enough about the hype for two.

-What about 3 Girls?

^

-Would you prefer a:

Super 24 hour practice with M2K the day before Apex 2011, and because of that practice you won

A night with Emma Watson/Megan Fox

Have more muscles than Arnold Schwarzenegger in his good days?

2nd choice. Definitely.

-Do you play Halo, Gears or other Competitive games?

Nah. I pretty much only play Smash now. LoL here and there in my free time but that’s about it.

-If the nintendo Wii didn't have SSBB, would you still buy it? (or you won't have purchased it)

Probably not.

-Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome?

Google Chrome.

-Kaffei or Albert?

Lol I’m not going there. I’ve never met either I don’t think.

-Will you keep playing Smash Competitively in a few years?

Doubtful.

-Even if the new smash comes out or it doesn't?

^

-Have you been trash talked in a tournament because you Main Mk?

Lol hundreds of times.

-Have you been trash talked in a tournament because of how you look or where the tournament is?

I don’t think I’ve heard something about my appearance. But yeah I got a lot of trash talk anytime I’ve traveled to another region.

-Do you hate Losing even when the other guy is better?

Yes. Just angry at myself. Because I believe I can overcome anybody at anytime. And I let myself down more than anything.

What about if the other guy got really lucky and you lost?

Even worse. I shouldn’t be in the position where he should get lucky enough to make me lose though. That’s the way I see it.

Xdeath:
-It's my understanding that you are pretty isolated Smash-wise, so what did you do to practice/learn Brawl?

Think ALOT. Think about matchups that are giving me trouble. Specific players I know I’ll have to play. I don’t really get to practice so I just think of practical stuff in situations that I’ve been having problems with and try to use those situations when I do get to play.

earla:
-1. combo strings/technical things you practice?

Lol none.

-2. tips for aspiring mk players who want to get to the top?

Let this game take over your life for a year. Live it. Learn it. Love it. And you’ll get there.

-3. mk tricks/not well none techniques?

There’s not really any. That I know of at least. Closest thing I could tell you is the shuttle loop cancel but that’s like common knowledge now.

-4. how do you personally improve at smash?

Answered this already.

Staco:

-You actually quitted smash for a long time (you werent active), but recently you attended some tourneys. Why did you quit?

Personal life comes first.

-Why did you come back?

I miss the Texas boys.

-Did you ever really quit?

Meh, I’ve been on the fence about it.

-Do you plan to still play smash active in the future?

Not far into the future.

-Whats your motivation to play smash?

It gives me a rush. I love the scene.

Darxmarth23:

-what type of muzik you listen to ?

All kinds. I’m mostly a hip-hop/rap kind of guy. I enjoy a lot of rock too. A little heavymetal, some alternative, some classic, etc. Techno is good too. I pretty much enjoy anything fun and catchy.

KassandraNova:

-Do you ever get bored of smash? If so, in what ways do you try and keep it fun?

Not really. I always make it a point to learn something new and different everytime I play. There’s no limit to what we can learn and do. That’s what I pull out of the game and I strive to reach that next level everytime I play. That and I’m a hardcore competitive person. So those two things together keep the game very fun for me. Breaks here and there are good, but I love it.

-How do you deal with trash talk?

I try to ignore it. It’s hard when it’s abundant. I just try to enter my zone where nothing else matters for the moment. I get to such an extreme point of concentration that I can’t hear or think of anything else. That’s where I’m playing at my very best. That’s all you can really do is overcome it.

-Who did you main when you first started playing smash?

I mained Falco when I started playing competitive smash. It was around the time of Falco rising and DSW and Forward were both putting out combo videos and being flashy. It looked fun so that’s the direction I went.

-Vanilla coke or cherry coke?

Cherry Vanilla Coke. ;P
^_^

Sync. :

-Dojo what is the best way to get better? What does it take to rise to the top?

Talk to me later on aim. I’ve had this talk with both Keith and Tim.

Jem:

-When you're playing vs a good Metaknight in the ditto, do you like to dictate the pace of the match, or do you let them and figure out what to do from there? A basic example would be if you consider yourself more defensive, just walk and pivot into an ftilt if they mis-space something.

Eh a slight mixture of both. I kind of stay patient until I get an opening and then put as much pressure as possible. The ditto has a lot of variables and options out of every scenario so it’s hard to set a single pace the whole match.

Clowsui:

-Dojo, tell me what you think about the following elements of the game:
-1. Stage control
-2. Mix ups + mixup potential
-3. Limited option scenarios (i.e. juggle/ledge traps)
-4. Time-out strategy/strategies
-Thanks for taking the time to answer (if you do). Definitely one of my favorite MKs, sad you lost to Ally at Dallas 'cause you definitely could've had it.

I’ll just answer it all together. Every one of those all has it’s place in a match. I could sit here and go into detail about all of them but you already know they’re important. Correctly performing and taking advantage of all of these together will get you a victory.

Rob Gambino:

-Why do you believe many of the top mks don't really post/contribute to the character boards like the Falco/Pika/Wario boards? Do think people are tired of arguing/reading dumb ideas, personality problems, don't want to give away potential secrets, too busy, rather play brawl to learn than talk about brawl to learn, etc?

There honestly isn’t a lot to talk about. MK is pretty simple. He’s not complex with certain percentage CGs or that kind of **** that the other characters have. It just comes down to the players and their experience of the game.

Orion:
-who do you think the top 10 mks are ? (in order or not doesnt really matter, you can be general)?

I think we have a thread going for this. I mean we all kind of know who top 10 roughly is but I couldn’t put them out there. Anything outside of top 3 is so debatable it doesn’t matter anyways.

-Can you order these from your Greatest to Least strength/weakness?

Thinking/Mingames
Technical Skill
Reaction Time
Mindset (Patience, Good vs the Crowd maybe, You dont choke anything in that quality)

That’s rough. I really feel like I have good balance of all of them.
Reaction Time > Thinking > Tech skill > Mindset
Like I said it’s all so close I could switch even my mindset with reaction time and feel like I put it right.

-Is there a way you practice fixing the said (worst) one?

Mostly just in tourney if it’s a tough match coming up I just keep myself calm and collected and maybe listen to some music that gets my hype before I start.

-Why do you think youre so good at the (best) one?

I think a lot of it comes from my determination to get better. I would try so hard to beat out my opponents at everything so it made me have to react faster. I feel like if I can get my move out faster than they can theirs, I’m winning at that point.

-Have you ever watched videos to steal someones habits for a tournament?

No. I usually only watch myself for getting better. Try to get rid of my habits and see what I’m doing wrong.

-What was it like playing Kashif at COT4?

Gay. First time I had gone up against planking. Especially at the degree with no grab limit. Oh well.

-What do you think is more important and why, air game vs ground game.

It’s not like doing one thing is better than the other all the time. They’re both very important and are better for certain situations.

-*thats it for me folks*

Sensei Afro:

-How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop????
Lets find out… a-one, a-twoHOO, a-three, *crunch*

…Three

-If i told you MK was real and i know where to find him....for a price, how would you respond?

You pay me to take him.

Albert. :

-What are some secret MK tricks?

If I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret.

[COLOR="#darkorange"]BLM:[/COLOR]

-What do you do to practice (offline) by yourself.

I don’t.

Bebop!:

-I try to watch top mk players like you and anti for the diddy MU, But I can never really see what you are doing to win against the diddy players.
What are some good things to bait or look for/ways of approaching Diddy?

Bait him to throw the banana at you. Then react on what you think he’s gonna do. You can do this by dair camping and baiting him to full hop uair you then getting below him or by baiting a banana throw and getting him to throw it and take it. There’s a lot of things. The diddy matchup isn’t really straight forward. It adapts a lot and really is our only even matchup if you ask me.

Shadow1pj:

-how did jerm play against you at mlg dallas?

Good I guess? Dunno how I’m supposed to answer that. Fool still won’t ever beat me. ;P

ANTi

Staco:
Why can't you beat Ally?
Lol i guess he's just a smarter player than me, but this was the same situation with ADHD and M2K even to the point where i was 0-14 with M2K until i finally beat him, i think i can beat Ally pretty soon

-Googs:
when you coming to canada and smoking that canadia dank with me homie
Haha whenever you want man, we had a good sesh at Pound.

KassandraNova:
Why do you look like little bill? My momma made me this way
Why haven't I played you? You should come to Cot5 or something because i RARELY travel
What's your favorite color? Red/Green, that's what i vary my MK colors between also.
I heard you don't like black women, why is that? LOL Because they just naturally aren't attractive to me, just as TKO said "Black girls are high maintenence with low return" lmao
What's your secondary, and your favorite way to practice? ^_^
I secondary Snake/Diddy, I practice by going to this smasher named Fire's house at LEAST once a week and train with Vinnie, Fire and sometimes people such as Will/Punishment Divine. But Wi-Fi is what made Anti, Anti.

Chuee:
I see sonic y
I'm working on using Sonic

AfroQT:
heres the real question are you goin to Genesis and we vapin again *****? And i want that morning
Starbucks session get @ me
Haha, The chances of me going to Genesis right now are pretty low, I'd only go if i teamed with M2K or Ally since i never lost a tournament with either of them as my teammates and i need a guranteed Round Trip ticket coverage with the doubles winnings, And im down for that Starbucks in the morning bro haha.

Whos housing you at genesis? - Probably would just stay at a hotel
Yo son why is your wolf straight doodoo? - Idk man i thought it could take Ally's MK but got Mgayed.
Would you accept a 10 dollar wolf ditto MM? - Yeah i probably would lmao.
If you aren't attending Genesis, how do you want to die? Cuz i'm killin you if you don't show up. - I always wanted to be suffocated

Orion:
Why did you delete me on facebook - Sorry sorry, don't take it personal i was just deleting alot of smashers since i had alot at one point (Over 300) but you can add me back since your cool.
how do you adjust so easily from lag to irl in powershielding - Honestly i've played Wi-Fi so much it feels to the point where it's natural for me to powershield irl, Also it helps to have good muscle memory.
outside of your reaction time how do you think you compare against other top players - I think i'm probably like the 7th or 8th best in the United States right now, i still must work on some matchups (MK Ditto, MK vs Snake) for me to be any higher lol.
least favorite mu with mk (funwise) - I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE PLAYING THE ICE CLIMBERS, Worst matchup ever for me mainly due to the fact that i RARELY play patiently and you must play patiently against IC's to win.
favorite player to play - I enjoy playing Ally/Gnes because their reaction time rivals mine so it's basically a game of Brawl mixed with natural speed.
since you dont like black women would you come visit me? (all tall blondes with blonde hair and blue eyes - Tell me when theres a huge European tournament! My mom got buddy passes now so i wouldn't mind going there.

Omni:
what's your mindset when going into a match vs. diddy early/mid/late stock game - Early, I try to get them in the air as quick as possible and put them into situations where their options are minimized (Up air juggles to shuttle loop), Mid game, I run around and let them come to me because at this point i usually have the lead against them. Late stock, If they are at high percent i usually put them into the air and bait their airdodge into a neutral air or upair, sometimes i even try to ledge trap them with their own bananas into a smash attack. (See Me vs Gnes from Pound perfect example of all this)
who do you think MK's worst 3 match-ups are *unanswered*

Xdeath:
What do you think about Meta Knight in terms of where he is in the current metagame? - I DO beleive he is the best character but not by alot, characters like Diddy and Snake are a close second/third to him.

Gadiel_VaStar:
Who helped you progress the most as a player? - Bum, i remember when i used Wolf i always used to use ONLY his down-throw when i grabbed my opponent, But he told me to use forward throw at low percents and d-throw when they are at high percents and that generally helped me build my decision making to the point where it is today
What do you think it takes to become a top player? - To become a top players its mainly learning how to play under pressure, mastering your decision making, actively practicing, and don't sandbag ALOT in friendlies because i believe it carries over in tournament play.
how long do you think it would take for a mid-level player to get to that stage? - It took me from July 2008 to February 2009 to finally earn my first top player win (Azen) so it usually varies from who do you play with and how do you practice.
Personal tier list? LOL I only have one for the top of the tier list it goes like this

- Meta Knight
- Diddy
- Snake
- Ice Climbers
- Falco
- Wario
Etc

SAX:
What's the best way to improve? I played with HRnut's MK and there is such a large gap In skill.
What do you find the most successful way to break bad habits and read better? - The best way to break bad habits is practice with a player who will constantly PUNISH that bad habit, A good way to read better in my opinion would be practice the matchup to the point where if you have whoever your fighting against in a situation that you have memorized you will be able to fore-see his next attack (For example, Diddy is in the air taking out two bananas, 8/10 he will airdodge to the ground and hope the bananas he just tossed out will make you slip)

!!!RM!!!:
How do you control your opponent's thoughts mid-game? - LOL Well i don't really understand this question but im going to answer it in a way where it makes the most sense. So yeah if i have the lead against them mid-game i try to irritate them the most as possible (Example; if i have 3 stocks (high percent) and they are at 2 stocks (w/e percent) i will constantly ledge camp to the point where they try to get me off the ledge by using something risky and punish their attack.
What and/or Who inspires you most as a smasher? - To be honest, all Meta Knight players inspire me because i usually go on Youtube some days and watch videos from a recent tournament and if i see something i like i implement that into my game.
Top 3 favorite MK colors? :D - Red, Green, Neutral. Everything else is gay lmao.
Favorite tag to use? - The "A" tag

Kaffei:
what do you think of Yoshi vs MK and Fox vs MK? - Well i think Yoshi vs MK is probably 55:45 Meta Knight, even though i lost to Poltergust (Money match) i felt as if i knew that matchup better i probably would've won. And i think MK beats Fox, but that's probably because i never played TKD :O

Nicks:
Who do you think MK's top 3 teammates are? - MK's top teammates = Snake/Lucario/Wario.
Who do you thnk the best three teams are in the game? - The best, Double MK. Second best, MK + Snake, Third best, MK + Lucario.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
who should we interview 1st
Some people are like out of the option for example m2k because he never responds and tyrant is like never on mk boards lol

Exdeath

Smash Master
Dojo, Seibrik, Orion, and Doom are the notable Meta Knight players who actually pay attention to SWF (as far as I know). Lee Martin, Atomsk, Havok, Anti, and Kel are questionable.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
we can also interview people who arent pros like table/p4 etc

so who should we do first? you guys vote.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
this is why girls shouldnt be allowed on the boards. jk, LOL

i<3kassy

yeah i can do an interview but if you guys want me to.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Orion Interview: GO!

Since most people said Orion, we'll interview him first. Just post your questions in here, and I'll ask Orion to answer them and then I'll put the Q&As together and collapse onto the OP.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Who is your favorite Smasher to troll and why? If you weren't able to play Meta Knight, who would you play and why?

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
If you were a pokemon, which pokemon would you be?

Blackberry or android?

How do you respond to mk haters?

Which smasher would you go gay for?

(Also I just talked to seibrik and he is cool with being interviewed so we can interview him next! I can help with collecting the questions too or whateva @.@)

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Can you do a Barrel Roll?

Have you seen the Kirby Animu? If so, did you see the 4Kids version of it?

Snape or Dumbledore?

What's your opinion on yaoi? :awesome:

Favorite Mario game?

So... did you get Black Ops? :bee:

More questions to come, maybe...

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Why can't you beat Mr.R?
Is Mr.R better than you?
Is Mr.R a smarter player than you?
What does Mr.R look like?
What's my middle name?
Why did you choose to become a vegetarian?
Mr.R?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'll post questions tomorrow, I'm actually in srsbsns mode. lol.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
How much do you miss Allied

Whats the most intense set you have ever been in

Anything planned for when you come back to ny/nj

WTF IM WATCHING SCOOBY DOO AND VELMA IS HITTING ON SHAGGY..... sorry i can't finish this

-ALlied

Staco

Smash Champion
You could also interview non american MKs. :awesome:
:awesome:

What placing do you expect to get at Make Some Neuss? (for americans: big tourney in europe next month, like 4-5 people out of the european top 10 are attending it)
Who do you think will be your hardest opponents?
Any players you are afraid of (also people, you didnt play yet)?

earla

Smash Lord

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
What is it that makes Mr.R better than Leon?
Can Mr.R play MK?
Can Mr.R play melee?
Are you planning on money matching Mr.R in melee?
Why does Inui john so much about you?
Would Inui john about Mr.R?
Is there a Mrs.R?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
By the way, you guys have until this saturday to ask questions. Then the interview closes.

Thanks!

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
If these haven't been asked already...
What's your favorite move/combo to use?

when did you start playing smash?

What's your favorite neutral stage?

favorite counterpick & why?

Clel

Smash Journeyman
you guys should interview Domo, cause he ***** havok big time at MLG and nobody knows nuttin about this mysterious Domo dude...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
you guys should interview Domo, cause he ***** havok big time at MLG and nobody knows nuttin about this mysterious Domo dude...
Domo is a Kansas MK iirc. I've heard of him. We will eventually get to Domo. For now, please ask Orion any questions you have for him =)

Top Bottom