• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- † King DeDeDe's MetaGame Discussion † -

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
<3 Beef :D

..............:)
Atmosk found some sort of instant pivot grab out of shield. This is good for us :)
I know what he means...it's when we dash > pivot grab all in one motion almost, just like smash boosting. We'll get more grab range from it and it looks like we don't move an inch... Nobody really "found" it, it's just not used that much.

Jupz

Smash Master
I think your thinking about the wrong thing beef. I know that pivot grab trick but this is pivot grabbing out of shield. The shield comes up for a few frames then you pivot grab. If you were talking about it, sorry I'm mistaken :)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Jet Hammer just became useful. Use it right as your about to land. It has a better range than most moves and hits behind you if you move backwards.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Jet Hammer just became useful. Use it right as your about to land. It has a better range than most moves and hits behind you if you move backwards.
That's extremely old news Serin.
Honestly, that's the only time when you should actually use it, is when you fast-fall it, for a mindgame.

"It hits behind you when you move backwards" <--- You could call that B-Reversalling the down B. Gosh...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I think i found the best way to finish a Smashville platform chaingrab vs basically anyone. Provided you got most of the CG, they should be around 50-70 starting from 0, if ur standing at the back end of the platform, when it stops moving, do one last dash chaingrab, fastfall through and Fair them, it lands, it kills.

:)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
What is this? Your going to pin me for every nook and cranny? I'm not really strick unless you come off as an *******... >.> Don't do it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Okay, something cool.
b reversal straight out of run for inhale. I love it.
If its someone who can't stop an inhale, they can't do anything but approach you from the air now, which means bair time.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Seibrik said you should always end this with fall through platform > fair
which will kill just about everyone at around 60/70. There are dtilt,ftilt,Rar bair,Fullhop dair, waddle dee toss, reverse inhale, and usmash i could all see working.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Seibrik said you should always end this with fall through platform > fair
which will kill just about everyone at around 60/70. There are dtilt,ftilt,Rar bair,Fullhop dair, waddle dee toss, reverse inhale, and usmash i could all see working.

No no no no. That's the chaingrab. We can't chaingrab Metaknight, so if we have him on the platform, and we air release him, thanks to the moving platform, free f air. This is for those we can't chaingrab. We might even be able to get a forward smash. Again, I have to test it, and I will. This might end up really cool for us.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Basically, we can just Fair him. Fsmash is too slow and Dsmash is too low. If you're a quick RAR, you can do it, but otherwise glhf.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yeah, Fsmash is WAYY to slow.

Something else, the best set up for a jab lock is a jab when they are right against a wall. With Metaknight its pretty hard cause 9f his round body, but still cool.

Typing frr9m my wii is a pain.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8289570#post8289570

I want us to look into this.
I can foresee a forward air, and if someone recovers low, maybe a forward smash (though that's really hopeful)
I'll do some testing today, let you know what I find.
This whole idea was great that you found...forward air would probbaly work. And I would see our up tilt working, or Inhale. Not forward smash though, I already know that much.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Okay. Got something cool for you. A snake mine giving you trouble? Auto cancel an aerial, land on the mine, press shield.
You perfect shield it, and if snake is near, he takes damage.

Next, neutral b reversal after bair is a great way to momentum cancel.

Top Bottom