• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

Luminario

Smash Lord
So... I guess it's her up air?

http://i.imgur.com/nRcZYg0.jpg
WHAT DID I SAY? WHAT DID I SAY? I LOVE BEING RIGHT!
can't wait to kill with a rainbow. looks gorgeous.

i would feel more comfortable with that being her up smash, but its already the ribbon with classic spin
for her up smash
could it be like customizable up B recovery ?
I don't think the customs work like that. I think they always have the same animation but different effects so it would need to have the parasol.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
WHAT DID I SAY? WHAT DID I SAY? I LOVE BEING RIGHT!
can't wait to kill with a rainbow. looks gorgeous.

I don't think the customs work like that. I think they always have the same animation but different effects so it would need to have the parasol.
so it's confirmed as her up air ? i don't know how i feel about that
i can't see myself floating and then doing that over head spread of the arm to make a rainbow
i don't know.. even her pose seem's off, i need to see it in action

Luminario

Smash Lord
so it's confirmed as her up air ? i don't know how i feel about that
i can't see myself floating and then doing that over head spread of the arm to make a rainbow
i don't know.. even her pose seem's off, i need to see it in action
can I ask why don't you like it? It seems to fit Peach perfectly with a wide and possibly disjointed hitbox. I did like the old upward kick but this seems better.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
can I ask why don't you like it? It seems to fit Peach perfectly with a wide and possibly disjointed hitbox. I did like the old upward kick but this seems better.
I really liked her upward kick, it was a really fast move with good vertical range
This looks more horizontal which is cool, but I just have this feeling that it's going to be slow
I feel like it's going to take awhile to execute compared to her vertical kick.
I mean I'm still excited, but I wasn't expecting such a big change, especially something as important as her aerials
You feel me ?

Luminario

Smash Lord
I really liked her upward kick, it was a really fast move with good vertical range
This looks more horizontal which is cool, but I just have this feeling that it's going to be slow
I mean I'm still excited, but I wasn't expecting such a big change, especially something as important as her aerials
You feel me ?
Ah I suppose I understand. We'll just have to wait and see how fast it is then cause I'd imagine it's not slower than her old kick. Plus rainbows certainly make everything better.
Also someone needs to translate all these corocoro pages asap.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You feel me ?
I think her new up air will work like Jigglypuff's up air (the waving hand thing). And Jigglypuff's up air is actually pretty quick (not the quickest though). But we'll have to see when the game releases.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Ah I suppose I understand. We'll just have to wait and see how fast it is then cause I'd imagine it's not slower than her old kick. Plus rainbows certainly make everything better.
Also someone needs to translate all these corocoro pages asap.
so it's not confirmed as her up air ?
ty for understanding how I feel about the move btw

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Yeah i think it's gona look weird when floating. Maybe it will be like Rob's up-air in pm.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Yeah i think it's gona look weird when floating. Maybe it will be like Rob's up-air in pm.
exactly exactly
I don't like how it looks so far in my opinion
looks kinda awkward and I feel it'll be odd to float and do that attack

P.J.☆

Smash Rookie
It's a nice disjointed U-air rainbow! Lol 5$ says it's a power rainbow kill move.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
The next question is....what game is the rainbow referencing? Mario Party 10?
Could be ! It's a new upcoming wii u title, very colorful, and works with amiibo
But it could be referencing anything, rainbow road, rainbow levels from a mario game, past mario party mini games etc.
I love Peach's personality and she really knows how to turnip for what :troll:
Oh gosh

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The rainbow picture is from the recently released CoroCoro scans

I kind of hope it isn't her Uair but rather a custom move that could replace Toad for example. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was her Uair. Maybe they changed it so she can't combo multiple Ground Floating Uairs together on enemies like in Brawl?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Her Rainbow makes me think of Rainbow Islands-game. So much nostalgia.

Still, good frigging grief, we haven't heard of Peach for ages. What is it possibly that is being done with her?

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Her Rainbow makes me think of Rainbow Islands-game. So much nostalgia.

Still, good frigging grief, we haven't heard of Peach for ages. What is it possibly that is being done with her?
There are still things that show that she's underdeveloped
Example: the fact that her hands don't connect to her dress when she's supposed to be holding it

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Speaking of that here's something I noticed rewatching the Palutena trailer...
View attachment 21554

The mysterious case of the vanishing dress...
Nah I don't think it's vanishing. I think it's just being folded up
They wouldn't put such a big mistake in a video much less a character trailer
I've seen that Palutena trailer at least 20 times and I'm still super excited for her though !
I'm just glad that they are at least giving her dress it's own motion.
True as heck ! They have said before how much work they put into peach
They stated that peach was their favorite costume wise in brawl because
it took groups and teams of people to design/make it in the game
I love hearing stuff like this !

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I've seen that Palutena trailer at least 20 times and I'm still super excited for her though !

True as heck ! They have said before how much work they put into peach
They stated that peach was their favorite costume wise in brawl because
it took groups and teams of people to design/make it in the game
I love hearing stuff like this !
I love how they make sure Peach is absolutely gorgeous for Smash.

katastrophic

Smash Cadet
NNID
katastrophic
3DS FC
3308-4726-7643
So... I guess it's her up air?

http://i.imgur.com/nRcZYg0.jpg
I can't believe we actually have another picture of this move! At this point I figured Peach would just stay in the dark until release day. The move's definitely not an item (which I had suspected months ago) so it probably is her new up air.

On another note, Smash 4's bright colors really suit Peach a lot better than Brawl's realism.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
!
It was sort of a joke that is was vanishing but if you go to that point in the Palutena reveal video, you'll see that when Peach gets hit there's a moment at the beginning of her 'I'm hit' animation where her dress doesn't cover her legs and they're sticking out at a weird angle (as shown in the pic I posted). Yet more dress modelling issues

Man I reaaaally want to know what the heck this rainbow move is. If it is her Uair, surely her legs are too stretched out? If she were to perform the move whilst Ground Floating her legs would disappear into the ground...and yet it's unlikely to be a custom special move because all the custom special moves we've seen so far are variations on the standard special moves but still using the same animations. I seriously hope Nintendo are going to do another direct and maybe give some screen time to those characters we haven't seent that much of

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Maybe there's no news about this rainbow move because you can use it to win instantly and become rich
Rumour has it that when your opponent gets hit by the rainbow move, Peach will proceed to break their neck with her stilletto's and steal one of their stocks. So broken!

Seriously though, I think we're all in for a huge disappointment if it just happens to be a silly taunt or an item she uses. Prepare yourselves :p.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Rumour has it that when your opponent gets hit by the rainbow move, Peach will proceed to break their neck with her stilletto's and steal one of their stocks. So broken!

Seriously though, I think we're all in for a huge disappointment if it just happens to be a silly taunt or an item she uses. Prepare yourselves :p.
We've seen her taunts
Rainbow as an item? I don't know..
And I'll be kinda disappointed if this is what's replacing her up air,
I liked how fast she kicked upward in the air, this looks slow and low on reach.
We just have to see I guess :/

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
What if her side smash is like little macs where you can choose between the three items?

~CoCo

Smash Cadet
Why is it everytime we get a new pic of Peach it's either her being attacked or just taunting....Oh Peach why do they do this to you :(

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Top Bottom