• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Meh, I can't decide, either being a Wizard or going to RS3, maybe I'll flip a coin.

Welcome Lt.Fox, if you want to know how to play better, you could simply ask any of the Fox users here, or go to the character specific board and search for Fox videos, which you may need.

Quiero pizza... smash pizza?

Ya que estoy aqui, quienes tienen alguno de los siguientes:
-MarioKart DS
-Metroid Prime Hunters
-*StarFox Command
Por que quiero hacer un torneo WiFi(online), quiero ver si muchos de ustedes le meten a MKDS, me imagino que los del West lo tienen, pero na, me avisan.

Why the *? Because maybe almost no one has it, or people don't care about it.

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
I uploaded 4 more videos
I couldn't stop watching them.. I was like "Holy S...!!" they're attacking to death!!!

Man, wtf with the 3th video??!! Shine Spike to Death!!! Wtf do u guys have with those "I will Shine You BUA HA HA HA!!!" ???!!! Man!!! >__> Calm down u 2!! LOL!!!

Inner Meh: No.. Do it.. DO IT!!! I want to see blooooooddd....!!!

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee Videos, me motivaron a seguir xD But you 2 are faster than turtles!!! Dang..

PD: Asi me gusta, que jueguen rapido y agresivos yay !! :yoshi: :004:

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Godspeed You, Black Emperor! - The Dead Flag Blues

the car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
and the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
and a dark wind blows
the government is corrupt
and we're on so many drugs
with the radio on and the curtains drawn

we're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine
and the machine is bleeding to death

the sun has fallen down
and the billboards are all leering
and the flags are all dead at the top of their poles

it went like this:

the buildings tumbled in on themselves
mothers clutching babies picked through the rubble
and pulled out their hair

the skyline was beautiful on fire
all twisted metal stretching upwards
everything washed in a thin orange haze

i said: "kiss me, you're beautiful -
these are truly the last days"

you grabbed my hand and we fell into it
like a daydream or a fever

we woke up one morning and fell a little further down -
for sure it's the valley of death

i open up my wallet
and it's full of blood

=======

Song about how extreme right capitalism eats away at its own core and leads to the fall of nations, integrity, dignity, and mankind as a whole. I think they're brilliant lyrics and I just wanted to share I guess. It's not like any important discussion is taking place anyway.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Hi people, sorry for not keeping up with the thread but I have a lot of work to do. Anyways me dieron permiso para ir a rum & smash 3 si alguien me da transporte. So, estoy preguntando a ver quien me podria llevar. Anyways, me pueden contactar a mi e-mail: laser_kirby_007@yahoo.com (pueden añadirme a msn messenger con ese e-mail) o me piden el telefono por PM. Thanks in advance al que se ofrezca. :)

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Rasalas-Post the Falco ditto me vs. H@wK and ended being a 4 stock 'cause H@wK got frustrated and phantasm'd off the recovery platform the last 2 stocks lol. 5$ Fox dittos and my Falco maybe.

Qarura-My Link, Your Shiek, 1$, MLG, Zule.

Lt.Fox-Tirate pa' R&S3 y conoceras la mayoria de los competitive smashers de cantazo. (check 1st page)

People are good with Fox: me/Zyko, H@wk, Zero FX, Rasalas/TKTO, Uriel/Ev1l, Doval/B4K4, Fox Hater/MOCA (I haven't fought/seen his but I have faith), POPE (haven't seen his niether but still I have faith), Maximuspita/MIZU, AEON and Lord HDL. You might learn something from us.

.......later

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
Your'e on, I will even let you choose my character, Yoshi, Zelda, Bowser or Mewtwo. And you can choose anyone you want from Middle tier and down, If you want to use a Top Tier then I'll use Zelda.

Hey Doji why are u talking about other mm's when u didn't answered my challenge about ur mew2 vs my ness, u game?

I challenge any bottom tier to a mm

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Hhmm... I'm currently brainstorming some ideas, and I want people to either prove me wrong or add comments, either good or bad.

My "why a tournament in Utuado would be good":

-It's in the center of the island, most people will have their long/short rides, "westies" can just go over to Arecibo and then take the route to Utuado, "easties" have to do the same, except they'll have to pay tolls, southern people from the Ponce area will have to take the nightmarish road of Adjuntas and it's not so cool, it's long, and it has many curves.

-There's food almost anywhere here, I have a McDonald's that is only about 2 minutes in car near my house, and maybe even less. Zero, there also is a Subway, literally on my backyard, since the Subway is next to the "Comandancia" and it's on the back of my house. There's a BurgerKing some minutes away from home too, and lastly, there are lots of Chinese restaurants, Pizza places, Ice Cream shops and Bakeries.

-If you are in town, you'll note that the traffic isn't really much, unless it's a schoolday or it's 12pm.

-About time routes and all, from Isabela to Utuado it takes around an hour, and from Bayamon to Arecibo it's only 45, plus 15 from Utuado to Arecibo. Now, from Ponce to Utuado, it takes around 2 hours, the route is horrible... so many curves... I haven't calculated how much time does it take from Mayaguez to Utuado, but simply do this: Isabela/Utuado + Mayaguez/Isabela time, and done.

-Even though "locales" are kinda lacking around, some of them are decent and have enough space to set-up various Setups, and have a good capacity of people. Maybe, but I really don't want to go to, ask on the University for a student center or something, but maybe it'll suck more than that place does...

Ok, I WANT QUESTIONS, so I can focus on more aspects about it, besides the ones mentioned.

Aeon 2.6

Smash Journeyman
15 mins from Utuado to arecibo?! Do you go on a plane, or helicopter or what?!

You got it all wrong, its, 30 mins from Utuado to Arecibo and vise versa. Its about 30 mins to Ponce too, not 2 hours O_o, and about an hour to Isabela (from utuado), it takes about 1:45 (depending on traffic) to get to Mayaguez, depending on which route you take..

And your talking as if the tournament were in our house >_>, and the tournament would have to be a Saturday, so there's not much traffic that day..

Geez..

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Zero, there also is a Subway, literally on my backyard, since the Subway is next to the "Comandancia" and it's on the back of my house.
YAY!!!!!!!

Good that you are planning to do a tournament in Utuado but when is it? About the name, maybe the Bubbleman Knows His $hit Tournament.:chuckle:

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Zero, I'm only thinking about the idea of having a tournament in Utuado, not sure wether or not really do it, depends if I get support here on town.

Aeon, ...
Ok, you proved me wrong with the Ponce/Utuado time, I asked someone and he told me it takes about 40 mins.
As for the Arecibo/Utuado route, it takes about 20 something minutes, that depending on the car speed, since it's a highway, you won't see much traffic.
Lastly, I should ask our aunt about the Isabela/Arecibo or Utuado time.

Keep questions coming.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Rasalas-Post the Falco ditto me vs. H@wK and ended being a 4 stock 'cause H@wK got frustrated and phantasm'd off the recovery platform the last 2 stocks lol. 5$ Fox dittos and my Falco maybe.

Lt.Fox-Tirate pa' R&S3 y conoceras la mayoria de los competitive smashers de cantazo. (check 1st page)

People are good with Fox: me/Zyko, H@wk, Zero FX, Rasalas/TKTO, Uriel/Ev1l, Doval/B4K4, Fox Hater/MOCA (I haven't fought/seen his but I have faith), POPE (haven't seen his niether but still I have faith), Maximuspita/MIZU, AEON and Lord HDL. You might learn something from us.

.......later
You need to cut it out. So far you have not done anything special in tournaments (and neither have most of the people you listed) and now you make dumb claims like your Fox/Falco owning and that people “might learn something from you.”

People in PR that are good with Fox: Max, Uriel, me.

These are the people to learn from if you’re really serious.

That is, these are the only people that can consistently place high in a tournament using Fox (and other characters on that note). You guys still can’t place high even though a lot of you use the two best characters and you have an automatic character advantage. You guys consistently lose despite all the “improvements” you make. Every time a tournament comes around you guys talk about how you got better and how you would place higher this time, but wind up losing again. Fail your goal and make yourself look like an *** at the same time, why don’t ya. Zyko I challenge you to a $50 money match. MLG stages, best of 5, no character switching. Speak now or forever hold your bull****.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
On the ditto matches posted.

You guys shine too much. I mean it. Not enough of what's really important zoning, locking down, techchasing, recovery attack punishment(that's when the char gets up from the floor attacking), you missed shield grabs, made bad attempts at edgeguarding and overall risky decisions.

You seem to mask your bad decisions or flubbed techs with some sweet *** shinespikes. That just dont happen like that. A b-air would have been a better decision instead of the random shines or smashes you guys threw out.

Stop playing to look cool and start playing to win.

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
Hey I asked......she said why do you wanna go there....I told her the reason and she started thinking I dont think Im going. OH well have fun guys and Good luck....oh and welcome L.T Fox

Dojima

Smash Ace
Hey Doji why are u talking about other mm's when u didn't answered my challenge about ur mew2 vs my ness, u game?

I challenge any bottom tier to a mm
The quote you had was something i said to Aeon, But if you want you ness vs my Mewtwo is ok with me. About you bottom tier challenge, remember that the Bottom tier strenght is that nobody knows how to fight them Yoshi is there as well as Zelda if I where you I would look after my money better.

@HDL's post, Rough but the truth.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
People are probably going to be hurt by what HDL said, and not post for a day or two. Then they'll start again as if nothing was ever said. Also they'll probably just think westies are arrogant, which is not true.

I guess the message I'm trying to put through here preemptively is that easties need to use comments like the recent HDL one (which may have been harsh but I agree with it nonetheless, ever since I heardall this talk about how you 4 stocked this or that guy, etc.) as fuel to truly get better, not just say you did. They're not supposed to hurt your feelings. I don't want any hard feelings between people at tourneys. I want you all to go so it can be settled who is really intent on improving, and for those who haven't improved to learn WHY they haven't.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
Yo me lo aplico y pal carajo. Nice post HDL. De ahora en adelante, pa los torneos a jugar pa GANAR, just like Mizu said. Voy a tratar de llegar lejos en este.

Uriel, si vienes pa San Juan este fin de semana, dame un call, o postea, pa jugar un rato.

Hoy jugue con Jandro y Zyko. Good $hit Jandro. You still got it. Zyko, same ol' same ol', but still good $hit.

Si se tiran algo pa' mañana, me dan el call.

Hey smashers, haven't heard a good name for the tourney besides the good idea that Xhyx posted: "Know your $hit". If you come with better ideas (Even though I don't think so), post them.

Happy smashing ya' all.

Aeon 2.6

Smash Journeyman
You need to cut it out. So far you have not done anything special in tournaments (and neither have most of the people you listed) and now you make dumb claims like your Fox/Falco owning and that people “might learn something from you.”

That is, these are the only people that can consistently place high in a tournament using Fox (and other characters on that note). You guys still can’t place high even though a lot of you use the two best characters and you have an automatic character advantage. You guys consistently lose despite all the “improvements” you make. Every time a tournament comes around you guys talk about how you got better and how you would place higher this time, but wind up losing again. Fail your goal and make yourself look like an *** at the same time, why don’t ya. Zyko I challenge you to a $50 money match. MLG stages, best of 5, no character switching. Speak now or forever hold your bull****.
Bolded.

There is a reason for that you know, as we keep "improving" so do you guys. Some improve more than others. Some get better, and some don't. Thats life.

Anyways, you still speak the truth, either we like it or not.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
No me ofendi ni na. En verdad yo se que no soy un top player ni me doy el guille de serlo, I mean, solo llevo medio año jugando advanced. Pero solo intento mejorarme y si digo que mejore pues es porque lo hice. Pero, aunque llegue ultimo de nuevo en el torneo, pues como quiera mejoro y cojo experiencia. Aunque siga llegando ultimo en todos los torneos, voy a seguir mejorando.

Y no es por na, pero estas cosas no motivan mucho que digamos. I know you are right HDL but just try to be more soft next time with everyone. You didn't offend me, but maybe you did to someone else, maybe intentionally, maybe not. I dunno.

But I won't stop here, thats for sure. I will keep practicing and try to improve more and more, till I can be a top player in P.R. Maybe in this tournament I can place higher, and maybe I will place last as always, only time will decide that.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion

I'll hold my bull ****, thanx for flaming.

Anyways, if Lt. Fox is a beginner he might learn the advanced terms from ANY of us (WD, SHFFL'ing, etc.). I was just joking about the Uriel sux and $hit. And I'm not saying I improve!!!! I just said that I don't suicide as much as I did. I don't know if I have improved unless I get compliments from some1 that has more experience than me. Plus I have only been playing competitive a year, you guys have been playing competitive since 64. Sorry if you thought that I was "echadome guille" pero ese post era pa' decirle Lt. Fox quienes le metian con Fox y le pueden ensniar par de trucos, no dije "soy el bichote con Fox y siempre llego alto en los torneos"(as your angry post kind of sounded like) I ALWAYS get eliminated early in tourneys. Also I have been playing w/the space animals since before I even knew what the word "tier" meant.

No hard feelings, don't worry.

No ca$h battle vs. you, sorry (I don't have all that ca$h and I'll probably lose). But friendlies are welcomed.

..........karura me mando

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
No me gustan los Money Match, aunque para serte sincera, no he tenido uno xD Prefiero jugar por una Oreo, por una Lay o algo asi y rara la vez que he jugado, na mas con Hawk y el ni si quiera cojio la papa. Pero sorry, me sentiria rara jugando MM gane o pierda xD Quizas mas adelante, pero ahora no va en mis planes.

PD: Que tiene que ver mi prima en esto??oO

No me ofendi ni na. En verdad yo se que no soy un top player ni me doy el guille de serlo, I mean, solo llevo medio año jugando advanced. Pero solo intento mejorarme y si digo que mejore pues es porque lo hice. Pero, aunque llegue ultimo de nuevo en el torneo, pues como quiera mejoro y cojo experiencia. Aunque siga llegando ultimo en todos los torneos, voy a seguir mejorando.
^ eso xD

Anyways, if Lt. Fox is a beginner he might learn the advanced terms from ANY of us.
No se cuan beginner sea el, pero el chico sabe defenderse por lo que lo he escuchado hablar. Quizas el viernes pueda jugar con el, no estoy segura pero bueh.

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME :]
glad you found our girls hot next time you should smash whit me since you are kind of mi rival, blazichu you are like elcetrycity i am FIRE!!!
Yeh and the beginning of your nicks .. the "Blazi" stuff sounds funny.

Then I will be Blizzard, Blizzara, Blizzaga, Blazzing-You or BlazziUsi hahaha!! xD

Blazichu

Smash Rookie
My god, you people here post QUICK! Maybe it's because this place is extremely popular.

I love this place already! :love:

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
I've been to Puerto Rico before, it was last month. The girls were HOT! :laugh:
Sir, you have very good eyes.
-----------------------------

On another topic, HDL is right, it sounds very sad that if today we say " I improved", next on a tourney day "we fail", making us look like complete dumba$$es... So that's another reason for me to stop saying "I improved", since I don't know wether or not I'll go far or fail on a tourney.

Well, it seems people kept posting, as Pope said, I thought most wouldn't post in a day or two, or simply some would start a flame war, but whatever...

And for last, I may find new smashers on the UPR in Utuado, since I've heard from different people that there are persons playing Smash or waiting for Brawl, but I have yet to confirm that, since that would "expand" tournaments with more people and with maybe more % of prize money and so on... I'll give details as soon as I can confirm them.

Know your $hit !

Blazichu

Smash Rookie
Ummm, I'm sorry to be a spamming n00b, but, what are you guys talking about? And how do you send PMs to other people? Can someone tell me the basics? Can Someone PM me some tips and stuff? You don't have to, I would just like that. :lick:

Top Bottom