• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I got the PM. I wrote the info on a paper I’m taking with me just in case. And I’ll probably hang near the bank until you’re ready to leave. By the way the guys from the east tell me they should be there by 12, so hopefully they make it fine and we’ll all be able to head to your house together.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
No activity... Let's not let this thread die.

Oh yeah, right now I'm getting names of people planning *but not definitely going* to attend the RUM tourney. I'll see if I can post it here later.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
**** good smashfest. After the east guys left it still lasted until 11pm.. at this point we were trying glitches and having proximity mine matches in Hyrule Temple.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Hi there, I just got back from GJ's house. The smashfest was absolutely awesome, too bad I only got play Uriel around three times (he arrived late and I wanted Doji and Eval to fight him as well). The black hole glitch was SICK, it owned in such a manner that cannot be describe by mere words alone(yeah it was that bad ***).

Anyways, I hope that everyone is still coming to the tournament. laser_kirby_007, can you get in touch with me so we can try to arrange a ride for you? Remember fellas, the tourney is right next door, so get smashing.

"Maxiputista" out (lol gravekeeper lol)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
GJ you need to come to my house again sometime soon, I barely got to play you yesterday. I might be able to go to your house with my car though (it can last like 15 minutes without overheating). That way I won’t have use the gas in my father’s car. Anyway let me know what you want to do. I think this time we should play longer. Last time you came to my house only for like an hour or so.

Link still triumphs! Game! *holds Y* But man, I have to say I was not on my S game with Falco or Samus that day. My Falcon, Fox, Marth, and Link were straight but I only started to pick up with Falco after like 5235089 matches. And my Samus was really off. The only thing that wasn’t was my SWD usage, where I did like 10 of them in each match, lol. But we had a good amount of TVs, smashers, and a lot of great matches. Maximus and I were ledge teching all over the place like *******s. Annoying Peach down smash. My Falco will still live, lol.

I would love another one, but I guess it’s easier for me since I live pretty close to GJ, whereas other people need to worry about money for gas. Everyone seems to be improving and being pretty consistent. There was a lot of advanced **** going around...oh wait...a free for all? What’s that? I’ve never heard of that before. Sacrilege!

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
GJ you need to come to my house again sometime soon, I barely got to play you yesterday. I might be able to go to your house with my car though (it can last like 15 minutes without overheating). That way I won’t have use the gas in my father’s car. Anyway let me know what you want to do. I think this time we should play longer. Last time you came to my house only for like an hour or so.

Link still triumphs! Game! *holds Y* But man, I have to say I was not on my S game with Falco or Samus that day. My Falcon, Fox, Marth, and Link were straight but I only started to pick up with Falco after like 5235089 matches. And my Samus was really off. The only thing that wasn’t was my SWD usage, where I did like 10 of them in each match, lol. But we had a good amount of TVs, smashers, and a lot of great matches. Maximus and I were ledge teching all over the place like *******s. Annoying Peach down smash. My Falco will still live, lol.

I would love another one, but I guess it’s easier for me since I live pretty close to GJ, whereas other people need to worry about money for gas. Everyone seems to be improving and being pretty consistent. There was a lot of advanced **** going around...oh wait...a free for all? What’s that? I’ve never heard of that before. Sacrilege!
Maybe during the week, I'll let you know... I could use the extra training. I have some studying to catch up on =/

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
The smashfest was really good even though I played like 10 matches! The guys from the West played awesomely well. I wish I could have given you my best though. The few players I played were Eval ( WHORENADO OF DOOM) , Maximus , and Doji. They were all great. Too bad I was starting to warm up against Doji only. ^^ But still it was great I wish I had come earlier. Anyways I hope this can be done again I really want to play!!!

Gravekeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gravekeeper
Yeah, yesterday was much fun indeed. All you West guys are really strong, can't way to fight you all again. As I told HDL, you all should tranfer over here so I can fight you guys more frequently. Maximus, I must fight you until I learn to approach your evil, evil Ganondorf, same goes for HDL's Marth and Link...

Samus mayhem is always good for the soul >3

Anyways, thanks for invinting us, Xyhthyx, and we gotta do this again. I say we all appear at Vinellus's house unexpectedly. I'm sure he won't mind...

Freakalequin

Smash Rookie
I heard all about the smashfest this weekend. Everyone who went there seemed to have a great time as I was called at 11:30 PM on saturday by maximus who seemed to be very excited. Doji and Eval seemed too **** happy too. Glad you guys had a great time. I hope I can attend the next smashfest.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Gravekeeper said:
Yeah, yesterday was much fun indeed. All you West guys are really strong, can't way to fight you all again. As I told HDL, you all should tranfer over here so I can fight you guys more frequently. Maximus, I must fight you until I learn to approach your evil, evil Ganondorf, same goes for HDL's Marth and Link...

Samus mayhem is always good for the soul >3

Anyways, thanks for invinting us, Xyhthyx, and we gotta do this again. I say we all appear at Vinellus's house unexpectedly. I'm sure he won't mind...

Tell me Gravekeeper, how were they?
I just can't wait to fight you guys in the tourney.

....later

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Lord HDL,

Could you please keep me informed about the tourney that we will have in the metropolitan area?(date,time,exact location,etc.)

Gravekeeper,

Tell me details about tha latest smashfest you went.
I have been intensly training with every character since the smashfest we had about a month ago.( I have mastered my wavedash!) I would like to fight YOU and the guys again.
sorry for double posting(if I edit or quote my cp will freeze again)
.....later

Dojima

Smash Ace
Smahsfest was great, Many people, many great matches and a hell of a good time, I can't wat for the next one. Lol seems like everybody hated Eval's whorenado, plus he was getting Grandpa turnips like they where on sale or something.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Dojima. In the smashfest I think I got like 40 grampas or so. The smash fest was f****** awsome. Team battle were nice and the duels also. At the end of the smashfest we tried some 1337 glitches. I, really, cant wait for the tournament and I hope a lot of new people come to it. So everyone that is planning to come keep practicing because Im looking foward some good matches in the tourney.

Uriel Vinellus said:
The few players I played were Eval ( WHORENADO OF DOOM)
Lol about whorenado of doom. :p

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see a grandpa. You did throw a beam sword at my face though, lol.

Edit: Actually yeah I did see one. I was trying to get back on the stage and one of the many you threw was a grandpa, I went "AH! That was a grandpa!!". Nearly hit me too.

Sylence

Smash Rookie
Some west coast players were under the impression that their skill level had previously been midjudged.. we speculate that this was due to certain vids that circulated a couple of months back. It's a shame there wasn't a VCR this time...

I simply had to reply something to this:
As I told HDL, you all should tranfer over here so I can fight you guys more frequently.
LOL! Well that would certainly be convenient, wouldn't it... :laugh:

Face the real competition in the west coast tournament, RUM & SMASH, on schedule for October 22. Featuring participating groups from Utuado, Arecibo, Isabela, Bayamon and more in our fierce one-on-one and team battle events. There will be food, music and cash prizes for the top positions. Transportation and lodging available for out-of-town participants who reserve soon.
There's no excuse to miss this, the greatest Smash event on the island!
Brought to you by Gamer's Guild.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
lol "face the real competition in the west coast." You know the dudes from the east are "real" competition too. They lost, won, and generally did good. The performance of the west coast doesn’t belittle the skill of the east.

I need to see about making it on the 22nd. The decision is out of my hands so let me see what’s up with that. Also if I am able to make it I probably can’t enter teams. Can’t do teams without a partner.

I noticed you listed Isabela. Who really is from Isabela besides me? I really haven’t met anyone except a guy I played a long time ago (not even sure if he’s a serious player, he hasn’t contacted me in a while). You say there’s transportation available. I’d appreciate it if someone can give me a ride to and from, because that would be the only way I could guarantee my attendance.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
lol "face the real competition in the west coast." You know the dudes from the east are "real" competition too. They lost, won, and generally did good. The performance of the west coast doesn’t belittle the skill of the east.

I need to see about making it on the 22nd. The decision is out of my hands so let me see what’s up with that. Also if I am able to make it I probably can’t enter teams. Can’t do teams without a partner.

I noticed you listed Isabela. Who really is from Isabela besides me? I really haven’t met anyone except a guy I played a long time ago (not even sure if he’s a serious player, he hasn’t contacted me in a while). You say there’s transportation available. I’d appreciate it if someone can give me a ride to and from, because that would be the only way I could guarantee my attendance.
If you make it to my house I could give you a ride. And if we both don't have partners then I'll guess we'll have to partner up and kick a**.

Jandro

Smash Cadet
If we wish to see who is better east or west. Let's do a tournament only about this.( If someone considers himself "east" speak now or forever hold your controler).

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Carlos I thought you guys weren’t coming? You plan on spending money for gas yet again to make a long trip, not to mention singles and doubles for two separate tournaments? That’s quite a lot of money (especially now since we have this location issue). I was under the impression that you guys weren’t making it. However I think if you are, for this one let me just go with GJ and I’ll team with you in the other tournament. Sounds fair to me.

GJ that sounds good. I guess I’ll just leave my car at your house on the 22nd. I can definitely make it if you can give me the ride. I’ll PM you on that.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
HEY JANDRO!

no time no see,
I like the idea for a tourney for everyone but we shouldn't divide ourselves like that.
We should fight 1 on 1 vs. all and at the end see who won the most matches.

Dude your whorenado still haunt me in my sleep.
Since the smashfest we had in Armando's about a month ago, I have improved my skills so much! now I am a speed demon, annoying wavedasher(FINALLY MASTERED WAVEDASH) and edgegaurder as well.

I have been constantly training with the following characters lately:
1.Fox(DUH!)
2.Marth
3.Luigi
4.Falco
5.Samus
6.Link
7.Nana & Popo
8.Ness

Actually I have been using all of them, but I don't like Bowser that much...HE IS TOO FAWKING SLOW!(LOL)

I can't wait to fight you guys again.(Armando/fox,Carlos/falco,Jandro/peach,gravekeeper/puff and the other guys I don't remember quite well. My location says "El Carajo" but I live in Bayamon, close to Sun Plaza(lol!) Tell me if you guys are having another smashfest!

....later :psycho:

Doval

Smash Lord
Not to be off-topic or anything but I seem to have misplaced my controller and a power cable, and neither Yamnobody, nor Jandro, nor Gravekeeper seem to have them. The controller is very easy to identify, because it has had the rubber covering the control stick stripped off; it's silver in color. So, yeah, if anyone has a spare power cable or a controller fitting that description, it'd be awesome if you PM'd me or something.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Doval said:
Not to be off-topic or anything but I seem to have misplaced my controller and a power cable, and neither Yamnobody, nor Jandro, nor Gravekeeper seem to have them. The controller is very easy to identify, because it has had the rubber covering the control stick stripped off; it's silver in color. So, yeah, if anyone has a spare power cable or a controller fitting that description, it'd be awesome if you PM'd me or something.
I have that controller and a spare video cable, not power cable. The controller I can give you at the tournament.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
About teams you shouldn't fret much, as there will probably be alot of players that are ready to pay the team fee but don't have a teammate. Of course, if you want to do your best then it's advisable to find yourself a partner so you can practice team dynamics before the tournament.

About the east vs. west thing we can have like an all star match if you want. Each side picks five players and they duke it out, knocking out the loser until there is no more to participate. I'm actually from guayama but i'll be playing for the west, guess that makes me a turncoat lol.

Wolf. I talked to Mariano yesterday and he told me he hasn't heard from you. Probably my bad since I didn't give him your hotmail. I'll do so now.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I have an idea. How about we do this West VS. East thing like crew battles? Stocks carry over and all that jazz. Sorry Carlos but I live in the west so I have to be part of the west. Along with that turncoat, lol.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
After that tournament we could fight everyone with an specific character and decide who is the best with__(fulan@ de tal.)

And in xmas break(holidays) we could make a tournament free for all(no coast division/no teams) and decide who IS the best smasher in Puerto Rico.(exciting lol!)

....later

Jandro

Smash Cadet
Heres an idea for any of the 2 tournaments.... Ditto teams battle. Have the same charcter on the same team against the other team. Like Dojimas Link was good with HDL, Gravekeeper with Xythyx, me and Eval (even if he spams a little 2 much for me to like *glare*), Carlos has a good Ganon and so does Maximus; so on and so forth.

I think this will seem vey interesting but might get a little unbalanced with a ceratain doble whorenado... or 2 spin slashers... but would still be fun!

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
*LOLat HDL* along with the turncoat. Well I like the idea of "the best smasher" but we already know who it is.... ME! lol jk. The "best PR smasher " sounds fun. Then we gotta set a date for this event and a place. It can't be east or west it's gotta be in the middle or something lol.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I have some questions:

-What will be the format and ruleset for the tournament on the 22nd.
-What time will people be there and when will it start.
-What comes first doubles or singles.
-Will there be any VCRs for recording.
-Anything else that should be known.

Also is anyone from the west coming to our tournament? We are aiming for it to be on the 29th, though that is still pending. We have two locations to use. If we can’t secure one then we’ll have to use the other. If you’re from the west and can make it will you be able to contribute any TVs/cubes, etc.? We have a good amount but if there will be more people coming we could stand some more contributions. A smashfest and two tournaments would definitely boost the skill (not to mention morale) of the whole community. If anyone from the west can make it besides me that would be most glorious.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
This weekend 8th - 9th some players from the East will be going to Mayaguez. If any players from the West want to play or plan something ( a small smashfest) you can contact us to plan anything. We will be staying near the University so we could do something at the University. You can contact me at :787-397-1807 that's my cellphone. Or you can contact me through AIM CarlozN.

( This is tentative , not a sure thing will let you know)

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Uriel Vinellus said:
This weekend 8th - 9th some players from the East will be going to Mayaguez. If any players from the West want to play or plan something ( a small smashfest) you can contact us to plan anything. We will be staying near the University so we could do something at the University. You can contact me at :787-397-1807 that's my cellphone. Or you can contact me through AIM CarlozN.

( This is tentative , not a sure thing will let you know)
I'll go if you guys are going this weekend.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Welcome darkstar. Have a good time, am looking forward to patearte por detras bien duro, lol *just kidding on that part*

Whew, can't believe I returned. Up until now I might be able to attend the 22nd tourney, but I'll let you guys know if I can't; situaciones se estan sucitando en casa y no se si pueda ir al torneo. Cualquier cosa dejo aviso. And in the towns you forgot one: Lares. I'M THE ONLY ******* FROM LARES!!!:urg::urg::urg:

.........:lick:

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
I have some questions:

-What will be the format and ruleset for the tournament on the 22nd.
-What time will people be there and when will it start.
-What comes first doubles or singles.
-Will there be any VCRs for recording.
-Anything else that should be known.

Also is anyone from the west coming to our tournament? We are aiming for it to be on the 29th, though that is still pending. We have two locations to use. If we can’t secure one then we’ll have to use the other. If you’re from the west and can make it will you be able to contribute any TVs/cubes, etc.? We have a good amount but if there will be more people coming we could stand some more contributions. A smashfest and two tournaments would definitely boost the skill (not to mention morale) of the whole community. If anyone from the west can make it besides me that would be most glorious.
The format and ruleset is the exact MLG one.

I think we could use an updated participators post. With who's bringing, cubes, TVs, VCRs, etc.

Top Bottom