• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Sorry about the lack of posting but Im going through some really bad times... That and being internet less for days. Ill post later tonight.

THE TOURNAMENT IS THIS SATURDAY :estatic: :estatic:

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I assume Maximus and maybe some others have not heard of the storm that’s supposedly heading our way this weekend. There’s a chance it might interfere with the tournament, but then it might not affect the plans. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Yes, my sig is godlike. For more, search for "Bokusatsu Tenshin Dokuro-chan". It's only 8 episodes but it reeks of awesomehood.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
I posted this in the RUM Smash Tourney thread but I'll post it here just in case, so bear with me.

I wasn't able to make it to the tourney because I had to take in Friday the test of Desarrollo de Destrezas Basicas en Matematicas Nivel II. Unfortunately, I failed it... For the third time. By Saturday, I was tired because I got up extremely early on Friday and had to wait for my parents to come pick me up at three because Dad works and there's only one car that's simply a piece of... You know. I wasn't even able to post on the forum. I'm really sorry I wasn't able to go to the tourney. Oh well, maybe next time. Thanks for trying to literally force me into going! LOL just kidding.

Thanks for understanding, everyone.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
The tournamentwas great, alot of people showed up and alot of great matches were had. The singles finals were very exciting, even more so than the doubles. Everything ran very organized and smoothly thanks to the hosts and the people that helped out.

I know everyone who showed up had a good time and gained alot of valuable experience. Good stuff guys, looking forward to the next tournament.

The results!
Singles:
1st - Lord HDL
2nd - Maximus
3rd - Freddy

Doubles:
1st - Grapple That A** - Lord HDL & Xyhthyx
2nd - Maximus & Eval
3rd - Capa & his teammate (forgot who it was)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
3rd was Freddy.

Hopefully the full results will be posted soon.

News on the videos of finals; they’re all captured and I added music to them. There are 9 matches. I will go to GJ’s Thursday to upload them (unless something comes up). I will inform everyone when they are.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
3rd was Freddy.

Hopefully the full results will be posted soon.

News on the videos of finals; they’re all captured and I added music to them. There are 9 matches. I will go to GJ’s Thursday to upload them (unless something comes up). I will inform everyone when they are.
Sounds good, looking forward to it. I'll give you a call thursday to let you know when's a good time to come.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Ah, sorry for not posting earlier... I have physical connectivity problems...

Even if the tournament got extended a little, I believe it was a great success. We got the locale one hour late because the guard came in late with the keys, but that in turn gave the guys from bayamon some time for warmup matches. Uriel and crew played magnificently, with a SHB so sexy that it could hit a crouching jigglypuff everytime!! GJ with his consistent superWD were a site to behold (and his immortality in teams was horrible).

Alfonso and Yamil (from Utuado) played awesome, too. They got third place at teams and did great at singles. Yamil pulled a massive comeback against HDL on the second match in singles, yet he succumbed on the third match to the black link. Rey's Luigi gave it his best, but lost to Doval's Fox(B4K4!!!1!1). Freddy and Eddy(Gravekeeper) competed on who was top puff, but it was Fred who came out on top (though Gravekeeper said that revenge shall be EXACTED on the next matchup). Eval was an *** and d-smashed like no tomorrow... lol dont complain, you know it's true. Rod was great to have around (lol PSO lol). And my matches with HDL were just amazing... I'll get you next time, bub.

Cons about the tournament? Well the fact that we could only get one VCR working really impaired the amount of matches recorded, and it was cold as hell. After we all packed up I got this HUGE headache at Pizza Hut and my feet were hurting. Still, I cant wait for the next one.

Later.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
WOW! HDL is on top in everything I would like to fight that Link sometime.

Hey guys can I add a new rule to the tourneys in the fututre?

Anyways here it is(telll me if you consider it):
Zyko's rule:

If their is a tie(1 on 1) that has to end with a suddendeath, it will be replaced for a 1 stocklive match in the setting that was picked and same time limit.

I thought of this because in suddendeath when the fight takes too long the setting drops a lot of bob-ombs until one is KO'd and that sux.(totally not fair)

...........later

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
So, that's it. Guess no one minded my accidental abscence, after all.:mad:

Don't you dare forget that if I hadn't made this thread along with the group it wouldn't have been possible. I'm really sorry again for not coming, OK!?

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Yo , Wolf chill. We did miss you...kinda... lol ( JK). But don't worry I hope you participate in the East tourny. We'll be waiting for you. And we thank you for making this thread it helped us immensly to unite our community. And yes I was wondering ( not at the tourny but after it) if you went to the tourny or did I get to fight you. So we do care , right guys? :chuckle:

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Wolf, you didn’t start things by making this thread. We were all connected and had been engaging in smashfests and such way before this thread was made. Way before you joined SWF. And there have been PR threads in the past. The only reason why this one is bigger is because now the PR scene has expanded greatly and there are more people online.

krazyzyko, I’m afraid that rule has been around for eons and has been used in tournaments for a long time.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the rule has been around for a long time. If time runs out the match is decided by number of stocks left, if stocks are the same then by the percentage. IF the percentage is also the same, then a 1-stock match is done to settle it once and for all.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
Wolf, you didn’t start things by making this thread. We were all connected and had been engaging in smashfests and such way before this thread was made. Way before you joined SWF. And there have been PR threads in the past. The only reason why this one is bigger is because now the PR scene has expanded greatly and there are more people online.

krazyzyko, I’m afraid that rule has been around for eons and has been used in tournaments for a long time.
Well, excuse ME, Mr. Wise ***. I'm not saying that I alone made this tourney, I did not say that before. What I meant is that I began the thread that MADE the tourney possible. But the whole credit goes to Gamer's Guild and maximus, not me. I made the thread not for tourneys, smash fests and such. Instead, it's the other way around: I made it because I wanted to meet other boricuas playing smash, that's all. But no- you went ahead and AGAIN you showed off your wise-*** remarks. Just ignore me from now on, I won't resurrect ancient problems such as your stupid fight with maximus.

Uriel Vinellus said:
Yo , Wolf chill. We did miss you...kinda... lol ( JK). But don't worry I hope you participate in the East tourny. We'll be waiting for you. And we thank you for making this thread it helped us immensly to unite our community. And yes I was wondering ( not at the tourny but after it) if you went to the tourny or did I get to fight you. So we do care , right guys?
...:)

Thanks for making me feel better. I was just frustrated that I couldn't go, what with all the wasted practice (LOL!) and all, but then again, SOMEONE... Simply made my day, that's all. And about the east tourney, I'll try my best.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Ooh.... sorry I didn't knew *sigh*(about the ancient rule)

Anyways, wolf & HDL please get along.
(you can fight in the game lol!)
Relax wolf I couldn't go neither to the tourney and look at me ( bored as hell) just kidding but I hope we can both go to the next one.

Can't wait to see those vids!

.............later

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Don’t know what you found in my post that was so offensive. Nothing there was meant to offend or insult you at all, and yet you jump at the first opportunity to talk bad about me. Wise *** remarks? All I said was that you didn’t start things by making the thread. Why do you find that offensive? It’s the truth. There have been plenty of smashfests and this tournament would have still been done with or without this thread. I don’t know why you catch a fit just because I said that. You’re the only one causing trouble here.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, sorry for not being at the tourny. I've had some family problems and a lot of stuff to do for college.

BTW I live in bayamon and I heard some guys here gather on the interBC. I live 5 min from the interBC so you people can invite me to some gathering or sumthing to the likes. I study on the UPR rio piedras, and I've played some guys there, but I don't know if any of them actually posts here (since I'm prepa). If anyone knows someone that has played there, just tell me please. If you want to contact me, my e-mail is laser_kirby_007@yahoo.com, and you can add me to your msn messenger list (i know it's a yahoo mail but still)

Oh and wolf and HDL, please just get along.......eeeh maybe that won't help much......>.>

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Welcome laser kirby! I also live in Bayamon and B4K4,Uriel,GraveKeeper,jandro,Darkstar,Gamemaniac live close too(and other guys that I forgot their screenname). If there is going to be any smashfest before the tourney will post it here ok?

Wolf I know you are frustrated because you couldn't go to the tourney, but that doesn't gives you the priviledge to take it out on HDL(He is trying to reason with you and you are insulting him). Yes, you made this successful thread for us puertorican smashers(and we are very thankful for that). But you also have to accept that since Super Smash Bros.(64) came out their have been smahfests(and maybe even tournaments that most of us weren't even aware of) all around the island and generally the world. I hope we got that cleared up and that you can still be smash buds.

Anyways, SOUL CALIBUR III have just came out! A friend from my High school(Central de Artes Visuales) told me that Kratos( a vicious,bald,gory, skilled warrior from the PS2 VDO game called "THE GOD OF WAR"{about greek mitology} play it you'll fall in love with it!) is a playable character in the game and I am so going to buy it ( if I get enough money/cha-ching/moola/$/lol!)

Yo B4K4 give me a call if you're going to smash this weekend! :chuckle:

.............later

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Zyko I'm gonna see if we can smash this weekend. Probably Saturday or Sunday. I'll give Gravekeeper a call as well so a few of us can meet up and practice a bit. Today I played against B4k4 and he is better than ever. You gotta step it up a notch to keep up! So keep in contact with Gravekeeper and hopefully we'll meet this weekend.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
Don’t know what you found in my post that was so offensive. Nothing there was meant to offend or insult you at all, and yet you jump at the first opportunity to talk bad about me. Wise *** remarks? All I said was that you didn’t start things by making the thread. Why do you find that offensive? It’s the truth. There have been plenty of smashfests and this tournament would have still been done with or without this thread. I don’t know why you catch a fit just because I said that. You’re the only one causing trouble here.
And obviously neither of us is mature enough. I'm sorry, I was just mad at not being able to go. Believe it or not, I was REALLY looking forward to go... But family issues and college forced me not to. I humbly apologize, please let us forget this now. Let's try next time!:)

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
Where will this east tourny be held?

if it's in the Intel than i can probably go (depending on the day)

it's so hard to find people who get together for Melee, please tell me about this east tourney

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Uriel I don't know if your post refers to this weekend or the last one but I'll call GK or B4K4 if we can get together this weekend (5-7 nov.).

Essence of the gods; the date/place/time about the east side tourney has not been decided yet(that I know of) but I'm sure it'll apppear in this thread when it'll be, and we live in the same town so if their is going to be a smash fest soon we'll tell you and anyone else who's interested.

HDL are the videos here yet? I don't want to pressure you but it has been a while that I haven't logged in.

Oh, and Gravekeeper and all the artists out there I have another question, How can I put a photoshop ilustration right after my posts? I know that for most of you this is a Caveman(LOL!) question but seriously I DON'T KNOW, please help.

................later

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
OK, i thought that the event had already been planned

Krazyzyko, i've been told by students here in the UPR of Bayamon that they want to form their own team, but i fear that most are not good enough for 1 vs 1 tournaments...let's say i can pull off an ARASH on practically all of them unless we're doing a FFA.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
krazyzyko, the videos have been up for the longest. Go to the 1v1 and 2v2 forums to find them.

Essence, try watching the videos and you may get an idea of the type of players you’re up against. I don’t know anything about the skill of any new sellsword smashers, though.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Essence; If you will like to train or team up with me that's fine with me. If you will like to know about my skillls, ask uriel,Gamemaniac and B4K4. Don't ask GraveKeeper nor Jandro because my style have improved greatly since they whooped my "s" the 1st time we met,(and i haven't fought them again) because I didn't waveshined,wd,shinespiked,chaingrabbed,shuffled(blah.blah,blah,yadda,yadda,yadda,etc,etc,etc) and all the smashing technics pros have discovered in this great game. My sister studies in the UPR of Bayamon(maybe you know her)
so if you guys make smashfests there it'll be a pleasure to be there and I'll tell the guys.(pm me)

HDL;

Cool! I'll check them out!

.............later

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
HDL, i've only been able to dowload the fight between you and Ganon on Corneria. You remind me of The Germ but you are a bit more cautious than him; whereas he and BOB$ take unnecesary risks :(
Overall you two are a great example of caribbean power, but Ganon seemed too defensive...

But all the other files don't seem to open and even if they do, they won't download

the sad part is that i have Powerlink and still can't download them.

with yousendit, rapishare i don't have any problems

Krazyzyko: Bayamon UPR isn't that big of a place, maybe i know or have at least seen her
PS- i'm in my third year

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Her name is Liz. And all my teenage life people have told me that she is hot, 1st it was annoying but I have learned to live with it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAMEMANIAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.............later

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Please read-Important.

krazyzyko said:
Wolf I know you are frustrated because you couldn't go to the tourney, but that doesn't gives you the priviledge to take it out on HDL(He is trying to reason with you and you are insulting him). Yes, you made this successful thread for us puertorican smashers(and we are very thankful for that). But you also have to accept that since Super Smash Bros.(64) came out their have been smahfests(and maybe even tournaments that most of us weren't even aware of) all around the island and generally the world. I hope we got that cleared up and that you can still be smash buds.
Yes, that is SO true. But honestly, I have been nothing but one big ****ing ******* lately (and I'm not kidding about it unlike past times). I am not thinking rationally at times and I have even been jealous of most of you because you have chances I can't. However, I repented and am now working to mend those mistakes. I apologize to all of you, especially to LordHDL. I have not been behaving like someone of my age nor a fellow Smash bud, plus I sinned with jealousy. Therefore, to repent and reflect upon those errors, I have decided to temporarily leave Smash Boards. I don't know when I come back, nor if I will, but it won't neither be soon nor tomorrow. I just don't know. I'm really sorry, I hope you can accept my apologies. Solamente he sido un estupido hijo de su madre que no se merece nada bueno. Mil disculpas por todo. Por el momento voy a concentrar mi atencion al "Yo Social y Etico", o sea, mis actitudes, virtudes y defectos. Por ultima vez, I'm sorry. Nos veremos despues.

PS: ...I'll still be checking my email, so feel free to talk either by PM or email... *cries and runs away:cry:*

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Don't be so hard on yourself wolf, we forgive you and it's great that you recognize your mistakes. But you don't have to leave smashboards just for a little arguement you had.

Yo se que aveces el "YO" se deja llevar por el instinto animal(los impulsos) y mayormente se equivoca, pero si prefieres tomar un break para despejar la mente y eticomoralmente mejorar como persona creo que seria lo mejor para ti, para que valores lo que tienes y reflexiones sobre la vida. Y que algun dia no muy lejano a ESTE, regreses con autocontrol,respeto para ti y sobretodo para los demas. Si es por eso que te iras un tiempo pues te apoyo y respeto tu decision.(we'll be waiting for you...)

xhythyx;

I guess he is passing thruogh a tough time in his life and we need to be as supportive as possible, even though we only know eachother through codenames in this website but he's STILL a human being that's suffering.

........later ;)

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like that the tourney will be held in Ponce. But at least it's an east-side event

hey krazyzyko
do you know someone named Ismael who lives in bayamon and likes to use Peach, Ganon, Samus and Sheik?

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
No, I don't know Ismael.

The people I know that are good smashers(and aren't in the website ) are:

1.J0QR
2.Wandering angel
3.Roberto
4.Juan Carlos(my ex-girlfriend's cuz wich I haven't fought)

The rest of the guys are in swf(here)
Is anyone going to THAT tournament?
(I don't have a teammate, actually I don't think I'm even gonna go.)

But if anyone could give me a ride, I could help them with the ga$.
Was their a money prize in that pat tourney?(how much?)

..........later

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
krazyzyko said:
Don't be so hard on yourself wolf, we forgive you and it's great that you recognize your mistakes. But you don't have to leave smashboards just for a little arguement you had.

Yo se que aveces el "YO" se deja llevar por el instinto animal(los impulsos) y mayormente se equivoca, pero si prefieres tomar un break para despejar la mente y eticomoralmente mejorar como persona creo que seria lo mejor para ti, para que valores lo que tienes y reflexiones sobre la vida. Y que algun dia no muy lejano a ESTE, regreses con autocontrol,respeto para ti y sobretodo para los demas. Si es por eso que te iras un tiempo pues te apoyo y respeto tu decision.(we'll be waiting for you...)

xhythyx;

I guess he is passing thruogh a tough time in his life and we need to be as supportive as possible, even though we only know eachother through codenames in this website but he's STILL a human being that's suffering.

........later ;)
I was just checking to see how were things and saw this post. krazyzyko, just wanted to say thanks for understanding me. Muchas Gracias.

About the tourney in Ponce I can't go, I'm afraid. I have a lot of work to do in November thru December in college, so crap, I won't be able to go. Meh. I'm still not coming back to the forum, though. I'm still working on improving my "Yo Social y Etico."

Top Bottom