• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

maximuspita

Smash Ace
By Jove, Aeon, I'll get a super cooled sixpack for such a promp and precise answer. Just gotta tell me the next gathering you'll be going to.

Zero will get a Yuri Flood for trying.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WANTED DA DR PEPPER. estoy EMO. w8 eso sig q jorge no se quito cool :). Jorge aunque sea traeme un doble cheeseburger de $1.00. solo con queso nada de cebollitas ni pimiento

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
How many and which flavors does a Dr.Pepper have?
-------------------------

Westies don't travel much to the Metro area, right?
Yeah, it's kinda crappy, as many of you said. But it's still an area for Smash.

January 20? That's the crew battle's date? And the location is?

Aeon 2.6

Smash Journeyman
By Jove, Aeon, I'll get a super cooled sixpack for such a promp and precise answer. Just gotta tell me the next gathering you'll be going to.

Zero will get a Yuri Flood for trying.
Im planning on going to the Crew battles :)

How many and which flavors does a Dr.Pepper have?
-------------------------

Westies don't travel much to the Metro area, right?
Yeah, it's kinda crappy, as many of you said. But it's still an area for Smash.

January 20? That's the crew battle's date? And the location is?
We all know its in RUM...

Uchiha no Riku

Smash Cadet
ya hable con la gente de mi universidad pa ver si me prestan el centro estudiantil pa febrero
si se da pues le digo rapido.

uchiha no riku out-

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
desudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesu
desudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesudesu

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
some interesting article. Please read it and post your comment dont spam XD noobs :D

Now I know this board actually works like a messenger but Im looking a those players that do play competitive and I'm going to post some I ideas from an article I read that my friend Mizu find over the internet " The art of war" http://www.sirlin.net/archive/art-of-war-part-3-deception/

I once read a similar article that my friend mizu posted a long time ago and it helped me as the fighter I'm now

This is a portion of the article I read and really interested me cause many of us fall for this trick. For instance I fall for this tactics when Im fighting my equals (Evil, Eggy) but I always managed to take control of my fight again. But when fighting guys like HDL and sometimes MIZU it is hard to maintain this control and that's when we make our mistakes.

This is the portion of the article

"The expert player is also aided by the "fear aura" around him. If, during his elaborate dance, he does a certain move or series with great intensity and purpose, the enemy cannot help but believe the tactic is valid. Often, it’s just an illusion—a diversion—to waste time until the weaker player takes the bait and falls into the positional trap."

Why I usually do when I'm in this situation is the following

1- If a player starts playing those mind games with me I dont take the bait I usually take a safe spot where I'm safe of his close range attacks then we start using projectiles or whatever until then we both conclude whos winning "this dancing" contest.

2- Now this sometimes doesn't help cause usually "in smash" the games is in stocks so the expert player will use this "dance" when his stocks are in advantage. so its pointless to do the same (unless is safe) cause he is still winning and the time is running out. But hope is not lost find his weakness memorize his dancing patter get close but SAFE!! and attack but dont rush, depending on the character and his advantage usually you'll have to run to a safe spot again. so repeat this but with variations.

3-Now the "fear aura" is something I cant help and it affects me a lot in my game but the only thing that has helped me a little is practicing especially those moves that when in public fails me and if there is a character that has and advantage over me I try to practice that charater watch his weakspots and play against him so that I can get a little more confidence, because guess what while you aren't playing your max because of fear your opponmets is better prepared mentaly and usually this happens if he is the champ.

Sorry guys for using your names I was just trying to set the example and to set difference bettwen fights

If your going topost about this please include in your post the link to the article so that it doent get lost during the many post aka spam :D

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Well I was certainly playing kinda scared when I was against HDL. Not nervious, but I was playing from a distance, trying to get away from him. Since Marth has a lot of range it was kinda hard for me to think how I was going to penetrate into range for my attacks to connect. He maybe sensed that fear aura in me. And that made me do some useless decisions within the match. I tried spamming SHL from a distance, but when I saw him coming I always rushed in and he punished me badly for that. But I'll try better next time.

Vain

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys Feliz Noche Buena!!

Me Pregunto que hay de cierto con el Smashfest que va a ocurrir en casa de GJ o HDL?
Quienes van, que va a pasar?
Ya estoy en la Isla People!!!
:D
Happy Holidays and Smashing!

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
Vain - Welcome back to thy ailand!!!

PD: Ya se que se escribe "island"

To All - Felices Xmas!!!!

No me llego el Wii, pero lo seguire buscando hasta encontrarlo..

Usi: I will find you, Wii...
Wii: Find me... Find me..!!
Usi: We will live happy together ... forever...
Wii: -----
Usi: I will... find you... just wait for me... and you will be safe in my arms... were no one will take you apart...
Wii: !!!!!!! Yey!!!!!
Usi: Yes... Yey...

*Usi dress like a FF character and run away, looking for Wii's chakra...*

Karura Karami

Smash Journeyman
Karura se escribe "island". Learn some English for EVERYBODY'S sake. :)
Zero no se si no leiste mi pd o si te hiciste el loco, lo cual creo que fue la segunda opcion, pero hay una cruda realidad para ti buscada, creada y cucada por ti mismo y esa es ..

.. QUE TE VOY A MATAR CUANDO TE VEA ENANO DEEEERRRRRRRRR DEMOÑO!!!!!!

Denfox

Smash Journeyman
Hello my friends Feliz navidad y prospero new year!! espero que sigan sus metas

HDL me deve una!!

Feliz navidad a todos especialmente a Usi , Rasalas y Zero..

Espero en alguna oportunidad enfrentarme contra ustedes!! Pura Vida

Keep smashing

PS< coman tamalitos y patacanes chao!:laugh: :laugh: !

Uchiha no Riku

Smash Cadet
este viernes i alguien se pone palido y quiere hacer una pequena reunion en le este pa jugar smash me avisan que estoy libre el dia entero y voy aestar ensorado jeje.

Uchiha no riku out-

DarkSoma

Smash Cadet
rigt the crew battles
tengo par de preguntas sobre eso:

para cuando son los crew battles?

cuales son los crews q estan registrados?

donde se supone q se registren los crews?

todavia van los regional crews?

pero na hoy jugamos en casa de rasalas estuvo fun ahy q hacerlo de nuevo pa quitar el moo.
blazing me dijo pa ver si jugabamos manana sabado si se hace algo yo aviso a par de gente
pero na...

dsl out-

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Ñeta... estoy cansao de postiar la mismo info over and over again.

Va a hacer en elMayaguez.. Hasta ahora solo tengo 3 Crews enlistados. Si se van a hacer los regionals y los Crews de todo el mundo. Si quieren mas info me llaman.

Btw... I.. um... I heard some things...

Aeon 2.6

Smash Journeyman
Im crewless!! Y lo mas seguro es q valla pa los crew battles! Si voy ps no se.. como no tengo crew iria pa los friendlies y pa ver. De los regionals crew battles se podra hacer una division pal centro? o los del centro somos del East? o del West?

Moldredd

Smash Apprentice
rigt the crew battles
tengo par de preguntas sobre eso:

para cuando son los crew battles?

cuales son los crews q estan registrados?

donde se supone q se registren los crews?

todavia van los regional crews?

pero na hoy jugamos en casa de rasalas estuvo fun ahy q hacerlo de nuevo pa quitar el moo.
blazing me dijo pa ver si jugabamos manana sabado si se hace algo yo aviso a par de gente
pero na...

dsl out-
Yo soy tu pai.

~Moldredd

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
hEy!

Feliz a~o nuevo!
Happy new year!
Glückliches neues Jahr!
新年快乐!
Nouvelle année heureuse!
Nuovo anno felice!
明けましておめでとう!
Ano novo feliz!
Новый год!

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Feliz a~o nuevo!
Happy new year!
Glückliches neues Jahr!
新年快乐!
Nouvelle année heureuse!
Nuovo anno felice!
明けましておめでとう!
Ano novo feliz!
Новый год!

You didn't even write the freakin' ñ which makes me doubt if the translated versions are actually typed correctly. Go back to school.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I am in Delaware working for a week w/my mom's BF ( Jan 1-8)

Un poquito tarde pero que se joda...

The tourney was pretty cool.

Eventhough H@wK, Bubbles, Aeon, Punisher, Sckar ,Ish , Gamemaniac, Gravekeeper, cirius, EOTG, POPE and Jandro didn't assist.

I had a lot of fun, many friendlies and delayed pizzas.

Pope-About your last post, the tourney began right after all the westies arrived so most of them didn't have time to warm up.

Zero-You're teh hot owneaste en el torneo haz mejorado un testicular aun que me tuve que vengar la 2da vez que nos enfrentamos.

ATH- LOL velador disfrute mucho nuestros matches ahora estoy puerikando. Estas Roto!

Joe%-Sucio, te estoy velando, jugaste a fuego te cojo pa' la proxima.

Zork- Sigueme tipiando maldito lol great matches.

RIKU!-Nice to meet you, Good shiek trata de usar los needles pa' que yo pierda altura y me puedas edgegaurdear mas facil, y trata de usar el tech chase.

Uriel and B4K4-we only had one match WTF? Me alegro mucho haberlos visto.

HDL-Good matches and I'll plan to give you better matches, congratz on your victory.

Moldredd-Eres un tripeo, molestabas a Zork hasta en sus tourney matches lol. Mandale saludos a Chuck.

RFTS-Good $hit estas mejorando w00t!

LK07-Great whorenadoless Peach! Sexy kirby also!

Wanderer-Tanto tiempo mano, haz mejorao'.

Yuri-You learn Fast good stuff.

Tech-Nice Doc!

The rest:We didn't fought so...

DSL-Super alterao' llegando segundo y to' estas Roto y una pregunta:
DSL=Dark+Soma+Lombardi?

One very funny moment was when the crowd was silent waiting for the 1st tourney matches and a TV yelled:"MELEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Then after the tourney where all hope was lost the Pizza appeared!!!!!

Karura-YAY!!!! Felicidades

Top Bottom