• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
I vote no sound, people can find their own music if that means quicker vids. I really want to see grand finals again, that **** was amazing

smopup

Smash Journeyman
No sound is good, but any assortment of Watch the Throne would suffice if you were to provide music.

Anyway, great tournament. I'm keen to learn lots from the videos. Pretty happy with my Melee placement, but there's so much room to improve. The level of play has become really top notch. =) Good games to everyone, and kudos to all the TOs.

S.D

Smash Master
kk no sound it is. There is only maybe 7 videos with commentary. Already I've seen a loooot of **** I need to patch up, good old vids :) Exporting everything overnight. Uploading tomorrow hopefully.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I'm a little shocked by Imperfect's placing in singles. Nick what happened?

And it looks like everyone had a swell time. ^_^

:phone:

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Thanks TO's, Nova and everyone involved. Grats to Earl for winning Brawl.
Good games everyone, was nice to see such tough competition. Everyone's getting better :).
Had fun too, enjoyed seeing everyone again.

Just ordered a new controller from play-asia, it's on back order :).

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
1: Zxv
2: Ted
3: Ricky
4: Seb
5: Forte
5: cal
7: Toshi
7: cheese
9: tibs
9: Smoking Pup
9: Imperfect
9: attila
13: Haikal
13: Luke
13: gords
13: vyse
17: Bryan
17: Atticus
17: escro
17: Invisi
17: matt
17: Bowser
17: unreon
17: bus
25: batmans
25: Rose
25: Alex
25: dean
25: Jamwa

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little shocked by Imperfect's placing in singles. Nick what happened?

And it looks like everyone had a swell time. ^_^

Lost to two technically sound Foxes in a row, couldn't adapt / get my grabs off / establish pressure. Choked pretty much, but no johns it is what it is. Props to those guys! Wish there were some Fox mains in NSW so I could actually practice the match up and get better at it.

I did take Dekar to game 3 in pools however, very happy with that :)

Lost to haikal and earl.. seems normal.
Still a massive ****, seems normal. Quit some more games why don't you. It's almost funny how every single top player in Australia is really nice and humble with the exception of you, I guess you're compensating for something.

S.D

Smash Master
As I remember it Antho it went moonwalk to get upsmashed by fox lol.

This tournament really got me back enjoying melee as much as I ever have just when I thought I was on my way out> It has kind of inspired me to keep going... maybe my winnings can go towards Apex???? Are any Aussies going?

Mini shoutouts:

Zac: Bro, take up coffee and leave those stamina woes behind, sucks what happened in LF, shame it didn't happen at 3pm or something lol. And dubs was calamitous, not sure exactly what went wrong just a few untimely deaths.

Cao: Always a pleasure Dave, Aussie tourneys need you to feel right. GGs, nice close set. If you're going to Apex we should talk.

Dekar: Sif lose to me, shape up <3

Ben: Awesome to see you again, thought we had lost you to smash wilderness. You've somehow stepped it up without playing, thought I was going down in our set. Also good job on spew strategy.

Phil: Thanks for everything homie, you're the boss. And yer I will pay you back that car park **** was stupid. Good job beating Ted, you might have destroyed the venue otherwise haha.

Nova: I hear you were there in ghost mode? Thanks for the pot boost, I promise I will put it toward the betterment of my smash career XD

unreon: unretire plz. So good to have u back, even if it isn't permanent.

zxv: good ****, particularly in brawl. I was impressed with marth.

Ted: Consistent as always. Fun times on Saturday.

Luke: Get some shoes bro.

Earl: Well done in brawl dude, looked to me like you were def a cut above the rest of Aus.

Tibs/Attila: Good seeing you boys, but I thought you were good at Brawl???

Imperfect: Good seeing you, good commentary.

Joe: Same ^

Spup: You did good. Do better next time.

Haikal: Improving so fast. Keep it up.

Toshi: Didn't play you except one stock in crews. Sup with that.

Everyone else it was great catching up or meeting you for the first time.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
@Imperfect: Wow sorry to hear that. There's always next time, buddy! At least you still had an awesome time. Try looking up some videos of similar matches and study the strategies for that match-up. See how far you can go next time. =)

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've been checking out a lot of videos (new Amsah videos vs Leffen are amazing) and reading KK's notes so I should be a little better prepared next time, still hard to really improve on it without practising it though. Interested in picking up a pocket Fox so I can practice RJ? :p

S.D

Smash Master
It's all the little things you can only get by playing people that are the hardest to improve. Playing at BAM I realised my tendencies to do nervous rolls, horrible recovery options and terrible positioning at all the wrong percents. Needs work in tournament pressure.

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Alright, some shoutouts:

Ted: You are hilarious, loved the armbar on Joe (allthough would have been better on his healthy arm in retrospect) and your teeth-kicking threats. Glad someone in the community shares my love for BJJ.

Joe: I probably hung out with you more than anyone this weekend and you're ****ing awesome. I see you getting better every time and you def should have won the AM bracket. Based on the mistakes you made, I'd say you were nervous, cause you never make those same mistakes in friendlies. All you need is more tournament experience so you can handle the pressure better, you have tons of potential.

Luke: "I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR YOUR CRAP!" Hahaha you are another hilarious dude and it was good to get to know you better. Hopefully you'll get your *** to more Sydney tournaments in the future. "HOLD ON I HAVE TO ROFL"

Bryte: you're always a class act. I love watching your play-style and I really regret not seeing any of your bracket matches. Hopefully they are recorded. Didn't get to play you a whole lot this tournament, but I enjoyed watching you salvage some chicken wings as we were escaping from death by smoke poisoning.

Vyse: It was nice meeting you and sharing a hotel with you. Shame we only got to play like two games on Sunday right before I had to leave, but you're a really nice guy and I hope I'll see you again at a tournament before I'm leaving Aussie.

Gords: You know you'd rather lose money playing blackjack with us than winning money on poker! You were really impressing me in pools and you nearly pulled off some massive upsets. I still think you're your own worst enemy sometimes. The fact that you took the time to tell me to shut up and turn around to give me the stink-eye when I was cheering for you against Tac tells me that your attitude isn't optimal to perform as well as you could. You're better than you give yourself credit for. Thanks for chipping in for the hotel with me!

Dekar: It was really nice meeting you and you're also a class act. Had fun getting to know you and getting annihilated by you in friendlies. You are truly one of the nicest guys I've met in the Australian community and I hope you use some of that money you earned to come to one of the Sydney tournaments so we could hang out some more. You looked absolutely exhausted in Ted's hotel room Saturday night, but you still tried to stay up and be part of the drunken conversation. Hope you show up at an European or American tournament to put Australia on the world map of melee. If you ever decide to come to a tournament in Scandinavia I'll house you. (PS I'll never forgive you for going Peach in our rubber match ;) )

SD: Technically not the first time I met you, but the first time I actually played you 1v1 and got to talk to you. Your spacies are technically flawless, some of the things you were pulling off made my jaw drop like only Zgetto and Flikkflakk/m0ze have ever done before. You're also pretty damn hilarious and the amputee story you told Saturday night will be scarred into my memory for as long as I live :p Congrats on winning melee, it was a pleasure to watch and commentate! Also, it was hilarious to find you randomly sitting on a bench Sunday morning struggling not to puke, for a guy who just made a ****-ton of money the night before you didn't look very happy haha!

Skeletom: Another really nice dude I wish I would have played more, so many LOL moments in those mathces. We had some awesome friendlies and I have no choice but to respect a Falcon main. The manliest character of them all.

Redact: Congrats on beating Ted, I have been told that it was a victory you've been hoping to achieve for a long time. It was nice meeting you Saturday night, shame I couldn't stay longer and drink with you guys (had to fix the hotel key so Gords and Vyse could get some sleep before Brawl). Only got to play a few friendlies with you before you bailed, I really hope no one stole your controller, it was plugged into my cube until I had to leave.

Stu: You're a nice guy and I have no doubt you'll get better and better if you keep showing up. I think you should stick to a main character and not change it up so much. I'm still not entirely sure who you actually play. Peach? CF? Marth?

The guy I was commentating with: Please forgive me for not remembering your name right now, there were a lot of new names to learn this weekend for me. I have never done commentary before, but you made it a pleasure. Truly a nice guy and I wish you all the best!

Leisha: You receive Imperfect's first annual weird opening line of the year award for your "Imperfect? I always thought you were Asian"... didn't really know how to respond to that haha. You did an awesome job TOing and it's always nice to see girls enthusiastic about the competitive scene.

Seb: You were an awesome teammate. I think we did pretty good and we could have easily done a lot better if we got a little luckier. Both of the sets we lost were super-close and it was a pleasure teaming with the manliest Falcon in ACT.

Cal: Damn you and your Brawl characters owning me in Project M. Haha, but seriously no johns, it was well deserved and hopefully the next time we play I will be a little more familiar with the non-melee cast. I hope you stick with G&W in Melee as it was looking really impressive. I'm sure if you stick with him and work on mixing up how to get up from the edge you can really show a lot of people how underrated that character is. Your loss to Tac was heartbreaking. GET IN THE CALZONE

Chao: Nice to finally meet the OG of Aussie smash. Hope you show up to one of the Sydney tournaments so we can have an ultimate Peach showdown with you and RJ. Never actually got to play you, I'll be sure to ask you for friendlies if I ever see you again!

I'm sure that doesn't cover nearly everyone I talked to / played this weekend, but it's all I have time for right now. I'll probably write some more later. GG's everyone thanks for an awesome tournament experience in Melbourne!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shoutouts!

brawl TOs: DQing me into losers was so disgusting I could have vomited. you should have heard earl's sigh of relief
earl: won sets against the baranyays and ted, wowow grats
skeletom: won set against earl, wowow grats (if u beat zxv u would have got paid... next time for sure)
zxv, ted: bad luck being out of it on day 1 and in teams day 2, good work playing amazing in brawl singles tho... nice consolation prize. oh wait no it isn't... w/e gj anyway
ted: hope you take my refusal for a bo5 as disrespect, i only meant respect as you have far more stamina and patience than me (as showed in my grand finals play) so I felt a bo5 would heavily favour you and only mount pressure on myself. what a tough set
sd: speaking of grand finals, wd, grats. your tech was good but i think mainly the constant pressure you gave is what lead to fairly swift victories against cao and myself, never quite got sucked into playing our game and letting us hit our stride, so gj for that
syke: yo i see it as 1 set a piece + i won the bowser hyrule mm iirc way back when, where u at?
also christ i haven't seen celebration like that since... acl grand finals dekar vs zxv!
cao: thanks for doing so much TOing day 1 and also playing secks in crews... shame you couldn't get to your peak at the right time either
nova: man your sponsorships and whatnot totally ruined this tournament you're a big troll meanie.
also you were there? you must be joking. you are the hero aus smash deserves.
luke: god
also holy **** just writing luke reminded me of him crying at the sd/turtle bread story
holy **** the bread story
imperfect: nice to meet you. not nice to resort to peach to win our pools set. looking forward to seeing you do much better when i come up to nsw
attila: thanks for the unwanted unneeded correction on the exact correct method of holding chopsticks, prick
tibs: kind of disappointing not seeing you rage tbh, guess you caught on to the fact that you will never ever win a losers finals set. ever. you just have to stay in winners.
redx: seeing how amazing this tournament was and then imagining you in the mix as well.... mann, next time
unreon: still the smoothest falco around imo!
scrubs: i didn't play you once. ****
shaz: good work making it out of pools. thanks for the coaching although i never listened because deep down i'm more cocky and arrogant than even redact
cats: great to see you again as always. yes i didn't win this one but for me it's not all about winning. unless i win!
seb: wish we had more friendlies, even tho i molested you you seemed smart, so much potential there i reckon. (i used to molest skeletom and he beat earl and earl was on his ****)
redact: thanks for doing downair and shine while i dashdanced

bonus shoutouts:
sd: i did some commentary on ted vx redact right after i lost in winners semis, should be pretty funny coz i was so down. sync timing help at start of match 2
jamwa: thanks in advance for the **** tons of ***** i am going to get for my don dons rep
testikills: you are a shining beacon of sportsmanship in an otherwise disgusting community

nice meeting all the new people
don't be shy in asking for an autograph next time, it's ok i don't mind

also since lots of people were asking how rich all the melee players are now, i'll show you
singles
1400 + 110
875 + 55
350 + 20
175/175
122.5/122.5

teams
450/450 + 50/50
225/225 + 25/25
75/75 + 5/5

that's nova's bonus + pot, could be wrong about pot figures tho

FINISH

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Yeah, I've been checking out a lot of videos (new Amsah videos vs Leffen are amazing) and reading KK's notes so I should be a little better prepared next time, still hard to really improve on it without practising it though. Interested in picking up a pocket Fox so I can practice RJ? :p
Nope! I'd rather destroy Foxes and Falcos than be either one. =P

Dekar289

Smash Hero
dekar: It was really nice meeting you and you're also a class act. Had fun getting to know you and getting annihilated by you in friendlies. You are truly one of the nicest guys i've met in the australian community
MY NEW SIGNATURE
lol

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
nova: man you TOTALLY ruined the tournament COMPLETELY (it was total ****).
nova: man your sponsorships and whatnot totally ruined this tournament you're a big troll meanie.
I realize Nova hasn't done anything to either of you (or anyone who is acting like ^this^)...

But surely him threatening other members of the Smash scene, presumably your friends (?), including a 3-year old child must have some effect, regardless of how much money he throws at you?

blegh. Sorry for more shauntalk, but the ignorance or selfishness of some of the people in this scene gets to me

-----

This tournament sounded amazing, wish I could've participated. 'Grats to the winners. Big ups to Chris repping ess-ayy.

Does BAM have to be on grand final weekend? >_>

Dekar289

Smash Hero
iirc something on the week before and eb exp on next week, didn't want to go any later because then it runs into exams

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Hm, small shoutouts to:

Ledge: Thanks for teaming with me. I may have learnt a thing or two while teaming with you (which is weird because I never learn anything in teams). Nicely done. Oh, and Happy Birthday!

The Melee Friendly Corner (which includes RedX, Unreon, Haikal, Skeletom, Smoking Puppy, Redact, Dekar): Legit Melee players right here. Thanks for the friendlies. It was great playing some really good players.

The people who are really good, but I didn't get to play (which includes SD, Syke and Cao): I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get any friendlies (you all looked so tired after singles ended). Maybe next year...

Ted: Jiggs = anti-fun.

Scrubs: Scariest matches I had all day. GGs.

Zxv: Beat me down mercilessly in both Melee and Brawl. The only person I can't even get close to in both games. Too good.

The Desert House (?) Crew (which includes Jamie kasdasdawSKY, Julian Nguyen, Sebastian [name withheld to protect the innocent] Chan and Aiden lastname): Mm, good food. Good stuff. Free shoutout to you guys.

The people who play Dota: Lets make a Dota team.

The cool people (which includes everyone I met that weekend): You're all cool.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
doubt it
couch warriors/shadowloo are getting more and more organized and professional, and they hate having it on grand final weekend too.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I realize Nova hasn't done anything to either of you (or anyone who is acting like ^this^)...

But surely him threatening other members of the Smash scene, presumably your friends (?), including a 3-year old child must have some effect, regardless of how much money he throws at you?

blegh. Sorry for more shauntalk, but the ignorance or selfishness of some of the people in this scene gets to me

-----

This tournament sounded amazing, wish I could've participated. 'Grats to the winners. Big ups to Chris repping ess-ayy.

Does BAM have to be on grand final weekend? >_>
well what do/did you want people to do?

not accept the money/donations and remove all the hype from one of the best tourneys in aus history?

cause more drama?

not sure what solution you were ever aiming for buddy other that looking mad butthurt you didnt go because thats seriously all you come off as.

can't you just can it and be like "man im glad you guys have fun, hopefully ill see you guys at an upcoming major!" or something?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
wut I don't care that I didn't go to BAM, and I am glad you had fun...

I'm butthurt that this scene isn't ostracizing Nova. There wouldn't be any drama if everyone just did the right thing... Try and put yourself in the shoes of someone he's victimized for a second

EDIT: Who am I kidding? Asking one of the people who bullied me out of fully enjoying my first two interstate tournies to be tolerant of how people feel about nova

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
testikills: you are a shining beacon of sportsmanship in an otherwise disgusting community
It's why they gave me the medal.

Shoutouts to Crazy Wing for trying to kill us, the Bread Story, No one putting up with Luke's bullcrap, Syke breaking controllers, Grand Finals in Suites, SD not puking on my stuff, Dekar being Dekar, Ted, ZXV, Escrow, Joe, Attila (<3), Vyse for Security Johns

Also shoutouts to anyone I talked to but forgot you're all special

and Invisi's hat.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
there also would be no hype if everyone "did the right thing"

would have less players, less people trying, less everything that makes a good tournament good.

yeah man im with you here, i feel you bud.

if you and nova have issues, you sort them out between you and nova ay? dont expect me/others to lower the bar and not accept support to make a tournament amazing just because you have an issue here.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
It was nice seeing you all again! I had so much f-- oh wait, I wasn't there.

there in spirit

im sure someone mentioned you at some point too probably maybe not sure i dont play brawl but won crews anyway

Top Bottom