• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Also Gerard I didn't really follow too closely but how were you performing against the rest of Australia's melee players?
Okay, but nothing great. I rarely got that completely overwhelmed feeling that I often get when playing against you, but I'm still yet to get a decent round of matches with a lot of the top players (i.e.Syke, Cao, Zxv, Dekar and Redact). If I was to put myself on some sort of spectrum, I'd say I'm definitely below Toshi and a little above Haikal, if that puts things into perspective. So yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with my placing because I feel like that's the level I'm at.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Who is haikal?
What happened to that vic peach player that was at summersmash?

come play in brisbane more smoking puppppppppy, though smash kinda dead here hmmm

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
that vic peach player (daniel) didnt come, dont know why, he even came to my house the night before and left early so he could get to bam with decent rest.

haikal is a melbourne fox player (totally unique) who is pretty new but pretty solid, promising player despite only playing for about a year or less now.

Also cao/dekar deserve some mad props too, Like I was doing what I could but I can tell you that I had no chance without dave n dave

S.D

Smash Master
All I did was tank stocks for Zac to SD with.

One of those GF games: Dekar 4 stock, SD 4 stock, Redact 1 stock, Syke 1 stock.

LOL

smopup

Smash Journeyman
come play in brisbane more smoking puppppppppy, though smash kinda dead here hmmm
I'm planning on moving there for good within the next couple of months, so hopefully people are still playing Melee then, haha. As long as we can play more because I could do Fox dittos all day.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
considering we only ever play at tourneys I'd say 2nd best team in the country is pretty good lololol

Phil and Dave have obviously worked some **** out while the rest of us just rely on 1on1 matchups

S.D

Smash Master
Dave's strategy just blew my mind. Should try that **** sometime. We work the 2 vs 1 pretty well when it comes up, we just don't force it often enough. Should have focused on Phil harder when Dekar was chilling.

I probably should have helped Puppy more. In two years I probably gave about two pieces of advice and other than that just played lol. That being said it's only recently I've figured out how to think about the game properly myself...

tibs7

Smash Champion
tbh i think melee has made me think even less.
makes me just want to go in and do nair shine safe stuff which doesnt exist in brawl
eh

cheese619

Smash Ace
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (6 members and 4 guests)
cheese619, tibs7, Grim Tuesday, Silfa+, Dekar289

I see you lurking Jon. Come back to Smash :D

Also I agree with Tibs but I'm new to the game and therefore bad.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
I was rly inconsistent the whole tourney lol. Probs stayed around 40-60% my ability and at one stage got pretty close to my peak against Sam in WF's. But completely lost it and dropped to like 30% XD

A little bit more practice would have helped me lol. I did so much rusty stuff aka rolling, dodging, dash dancing - nothing. I think during 1 match against Sam I rolled 4-5 times in a row to get around lasers.... Plus I only ever jumped off the stage for edge guards like 3-4 times the whole tourney. Usually I'm throwing myself out ther every time. doubles was def's my worst performance in a while tho. Watching the vids... I don't even... uuurrrgh

y did I have to break my controller >>

S.D

Smash Master
Stamina is the hardest thing about smash. I was really losing it when we got knocked into losers in doubles (Zac will attest). Solution? Drink ****tonnes of caffiene. I think adrenaline clouds my judgement a lot when I play in tournament too, does anyone else get that?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
na i was at like 5% and i was playing with 1 hand didnt even try since game my first pools game

u guyz wud hav been toast if i even tried

and me and dekar never practice teams, like he wont even team with me when i ask him to at monthlies because hes like "nah i wanna team with danog" what a ****

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i didn't go to bam, i stayed home and played dota
'dekar' was actually nova in an elaborate disguise
he was tired because he spend 6 hours that morning sitting in a chair being transformed

smopup

Smash Journeyman
All this pink and purple text is so purdy.

Let the record show that I'm keen for some Syke advice. I want to be good enough to throw my controller in triumph as opposed to rage. :p

I probably should have helped Puppy more. In two years I probably gave about two pieces of advice and other than that just played lol. That being said it's only recently I've figured out how to think about the game properly myself...
Haha, your words of advice were minimal at best. That said, I'm pretty ****ing grateful that I got to regularly play you for such a long time. There's just so much you can learn about the game when you're playing against someone that's much better than you. I mean look at me two years ago... Fox terrified the crap out of me and I thought SHDL was the hardest thing ever. Geez I was so bad.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Attila: It was good chilling with you and Tibor and getting some melee and project M in :). Please beat Earl at all upcoming tournaments as Meta Knight disgusts me.

The Batmens: <3 Seb and Ted and controller throwing tantrums.

Ben (scrubs): I had fun talking to you on Saturday night and you're a really great guy. Shame I never actually got to play you in melee though. Hopefully I'll see you at the next major. :)

Bryte: Bryte congrats on your excellent placing in Brawl, your Marth is so goddamn manly (unlike every other marth ever). Also I love watching your sheik play, well done in crews and in general. You are however the worst at choosing and finding restaurants :p Crazy Wing lol. Also you leave chicken lying around in cups all around the hotel room, which I find amusing. Oh and by the way, that was the best doubles name that I have ever heard in my life.

Calzone: Ahhh my favourite glass-punching-spitting-on-luke-candidate-for-parliament. Congratulations on your P M placing (see what I did there?). Also you're pretty much the definition of easygoing and therefore really fun to have around all the time. We should team some time in Brawl (Pika+Lucas) :D You're a king.

Cao: Congratulations on your melee placing :D and it was great just hanging out with you again. Also as far as TOing goes, you're the only TO I see who just doesn't give a f*** about people's friendlies and will constantly reset setups (and sometimes tournament matches :p) which is really good. wub

Dean (testikills): Dean you're so goddamn funny and an amazing sportsman. :D Hope to see you in the future.

Dekar: Congrats on taking out melee teams and placing second in melee. Come to Sydney some time and take our money.

Escro: Escro you're the best, around. Nothings gonna ever keep you down. You were very unlucky in pools but I look forward to playing you at future tournaments and seeing you improve. Plus you're chill and just generally a cool guy. :)

Gords: Congratulations, you've made me terrified of Wind Waker.

Luke: Thanks for throwing a golf ball at my head you c***. Other than that, thanks for making s*** constantly hilarious and fun. UP BEEEEEEEEE! If only…. Anyhoo I really hope you're able to make it to more Sydney tournaments with me as our road trips are always amazing. I'm dying mother f*c*er! I'm dying!

Jei: Thanks for the housing on Thursday, people as hospitable as you are quite rare. Good job TOing and congratulations on doing well in brawl.

Nick (Imperfect): Nick you're the f***ing best man! Really great guy to be around and a really good coach and player at melee. Plus your sheik has a grab game that is at zxv's level. It's unlucky that you lost the way you did (with a lack of matchup experience against fox) but I'm looking forward to seeing you dominate over the next few months :D. I think I actually learn most when I play you, and you give great advice. You should help me get Bryte and Ted to organise regular monthlies so that I can come down, play you guys and hang out. :D

Redact: Good s*** getting repeatedly kicked in the head by Tibs in his sleep on Saturday night :D. Also congrats on winning melee teams and brawl crews :p.

Ricky: Surprisingly I actually enjoyed playing you in brawl. I hope you return to the scene with that Project M Lucario as NSW really needs some strong players.

ROAZ: Thanks for teaming with me Rose from Brawl! It was really fun, and I'm very glad you were able to make it down to BAM. The spiderman costume is definitely making an appearance at the next Sydney tournament :p also reading your shoutouts was incredibly entertaining. We should both play more often. ROAZZZZZ :D

SD: Congrats! It was fun hanging out, Bread Story is S Tier.

Sebrytime: Well done in brawl and P:M. I'm glad you were able to make it to the tournament, ACT needs its Captain Canberra. We should get back into smash etc :D Hit me up when you're free plz.

Ted Elli: Everybody who isn't you, is absolutely horrendous. :D :D :D

Tibs: Congrats on 3rd place in Brawl and thanks for the games in melee. Good luck with all your assignments etc and I'll see you at the next major :)

Vyse: Vyse, sorry that you got gayed by security constantly, but it was good to hang out with you. :)

Unny: It was nice to meet you :). Teach me how to d̶o̶u̶g̶i̶e̶ falco please.

Apollo: You seem like a nice enough guy and you're really good at brawl. However the next time someone from SA beats me at melee I will break my controller as well as every brawl disc in the venue.

cheese619

Smash Ace
Hey Grim why don't you go whinge about how people aren't fighting your arguments with Nova for you?

cheese619

Smash Ace
My reason to dislike you is that you a clearly an idiotic South Australian weaboo with no friends who is also from South Australia.

tedeth

Smash Master
Grim, someone only has to have been around for about 10 seconds to dislike you.

Joe is SUCH a ****ing king and you are terrible.

Kill yourself now plz kthx.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Sa most active state trash talk vs a state without anything. Good work bud come to a tourney in australia so I can erase you please

:phone:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
You guys still get consistant game time in comparison to cheese who is too busy doing nothing because theres nothing in act

:phone:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Could you please be more active at killing yourself?

Also I hope you realise I come from Canberra. We have 4 people in the entire city and we're still infinite times better than South Australia. For one thing, our people aren't disgusting and we are generally liked/have social skills.

$200 Melee Money Match, next time you're in Sydney Grim.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Respect from highest to lowest after reading dialogue in this thread:

1. Cheese

192. Metaknight players
193. South Australia in general
194. Ray William Johnson
195. Grim

(I have nothing against you or SA personally, Grim. Just please stop acting like a ****)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't have $200, but I'll MM you.
I really don't care how much you hate me lol, hopefully you're more pleasant IRL, I guess? Like Tak, meeting him was so funny

Tiger Shark: If hating on SA wasn't so commonly accepted, my response would've been justified lol, trash-talk for trash-talk

Top Bottom