• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Melee Results
Brawl Results
Project M Results

get hyped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnZIrnTI0_Q

REGISTER/SIGN UP HERE: http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/register.php
$10 discount for pre-registering online
Pre-Registration closes on the 23rd of September.

What?
Battle Arena Melbourne 2012. Fighting game tournaments featuring the best players in Australia. There will be tournaments for Super Smash Bros Melee and Super Smash Bros Brawl.
There are also many tournaments for traditional fighting games, check out more details here: http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/schedule.php

Where?
CQ Melbourne, Event Room 2
123 Queen Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000

Map + Directions from Flinders Street Station: http://goo.gl/maps/U3Wrm

When?
Saturday the 29th and Sunday the 30th of September 2012

Detailed schedule for Smash events:

Saturday - Super Smash Bros Melee events
Sunday - Super Smash Bros Brawl events

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9:00AM - Doors Open, Registration Opens
10:00AM - Singles Pools
1:00PM - Teams (2v2)
1:30PM - Amateur Singles Bracket
3:30PM - Victoria vs Out of State Crew Battle
5:00PM - Singles Bracket
8:00PM - Amateur Singles Finals, Teams (2v2) Finals, Singles Finals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Melee Pools will be 8 pools, best of 3 matches with the top 24 players advancing to the singles bracket.
Brawl Pools will be 8 pools, 2 matches with the top 16 players advancing to the singles bracket.

Prizes?
In addition to the pots, Nova is also injecting ****loads of cash into the smash prize pool!
Melee Singles: $3500 boost + pot
Melee Doubles: $1500 boost + pot
Brawl Singles: $500 bonus for first, $250 bonus for 2nd (subject to change)
Eligibility for the bonus prizemoney from Nova is at Nova's discretion.

Melee Rules
TOURNAMENT RULES

Singles:
1v1
4 stock
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF

Doubles:
2v2
4 stock
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF
Team Attack set to ON
Life Stealing is allowed

Melee Specific Rules

♦ Fountain of dreams banned in team matches (due to framerate issues)
Pokemon Stadium becomes a neutral
♦ Wobbling Is banned

Stage List

-Neutral-
Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64

-Counter Pick-
Pokemon Stadium
- Wobbling is banned

Additional Rules
♦ No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players
♦ If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
♦ BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set
♦ Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player
♦ Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO
♦ No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles
♦ DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play. (However, if the player is participating in another bracket match, they'll be safe from disqualification providing they play the next match asap)
♦ The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match

Set Format

1.Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
2.Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage.
3.The players play the first match of the set.
Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.
4.Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
5.The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
6.The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
7.The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8.The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
9.The next match is played.
10.Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion

Brawl Rules

TOURNAMENT RULES

Singles
1v1
3 stock each
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF and NONE
Best of 3 matches

Doubles Play
2v2
3 stock each
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF and NONE
Best of 3 matches
Team Attack set to ON
Life Stealing is allowed

STAGE LIST

-Neutral-
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

-Counter pick-
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

General rules:
- Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned
- The Ice Climber's infinite chaingrab can only be performed up to 300%, any more after that can and will be considered stalling. Same goes for any other infinite chaingrab or grab release
- Wii-motes and Classic controllers are allowed, however they are discouraged due to battery life, connection issues, unreliability and time hindrance. The GameCube controller is preferred
- The Tournament Organizers are not responsible for any lost or damaged equipment eg. TV's, controllers etc. so please take extra care of your belongings and label them if you must
- Stalling is banned
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. Same rule applies for Ganondorf's suicide Flame Choke, Kirby and Dedede's neutral B and Donkey Kong's suicide grab
-There is a 50 ledge grab limit for all characters except Metaknight, who is limited to 25. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored. This prevents players simply stalling on the ledge

Additional rules:
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
- BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set
- Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player
- Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems
- Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO
- No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue
- DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match
- Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available
* The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion

Note: TOs will be very strict about timekeeping and players that are late or missing when their match is called will be disqualified.

Nido

ily Sebby
I def coming to this making up missing out on ACL
And what the hell 2 majors in the space of 2 months or something
Dat venue...

Splice

Smash Hero
Kay goin, this is gonna be fu addled upang. 0:
upang lumapit ka kung gusto mo akong halikan.
Bat kita sasawayin? ;)

inb4 google translate on my sexy pinoy music I learnt from playing dota on Garena

Splice

Smash Hero
aw yeahhh, nice alliteration bro

What were you doing instead of ACL? are you still coming to tournament Viva?

Splice

Smash Hero
well if ur gonna quit then just bring your doc to melee n u quit brawl
Come to Redacts meets
we make u gud

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Blah, I don't like missing Grand Final day but I'll probably be there regardless.

Also my birthday is two days after so I summon Toki to come to this.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
The week before is my mid semester break, and the day after is a public holiday. I like my chances of being able to attend this.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Someone quote this, or I'll get Cao or whoever made this topic to make it known.

I'll be selling brand new boxed GC white controllers (1st party, legit) for $30 at this event, I'm bringing a heap.
You WILL NOT find the real thing cheaper (check, go to Play-Asia and you'll see the control is over $30 AND you must pay shipping).

If I don't like you (if you're South Australian) they're $40.

KKKKK Thanks. Wubs from Shaun (no-va)
I'll be buying myself a spare, possibly 2

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
you won't need me to promote the controllers, nova; those things sell themselves.

having said that, i'll take 1. i've been borrowing controllers from others for the past two tournaments, since my other controller disintegrated (literally). ruff

Top Bottom