• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
there also would be no hype if everyone "did the right thing"

would have less players, less people trying, less everything that makes a good tournament good.

yeah man im with you here, i feel you bud.

if you and nova have issues, you sort them out between you and nova ay? dont expect me/others to lower the bar and not accept support to make a tournament amazing just because you have an issue here.
No hype? So hype is all about money now only?

Less players? Think about this first. Like. Really. Think. About. This.

Less people trying? Sure. If there's no "pot bonus" money then some may not try; it's a shame the standard is now "pot bonus" or "bad tournament" (we've had several amazing tournaments without it, but dat melbourne greed swag). But hell, if so many people were going then that $100 for first place may have been a bit larger.

Less everything that makes a good tournament good? Pot Bonuses that are donated can make a tournament good; having a person seize control (or at least act as if he has) because "no one will do anything" as you don't want to step on his toes and suddenly be the one dealing with his **** is kinda pathetic. Him ransoming this "pot bonus" so he can do whatever he wants is stupid. "oh earl is asking why double mk isn't legal" *you suck brawl *** no money for brawl lololol suck me*. Frankly you're looking like his ***** and you don't "care" because the harm is less impactful on melee and their players.

Cause more drama? You do realise the guy goes out of his way to make drama right? Do you think we want drama? Do you think the problems/issues won't escalate? If things were as simple as "donating only" for "the game he likes" (or as you put it: "support") then there wouldn't really be a problem. If there was a someone in our scene going out of their way to threaten/ostracise people he dislikes and tried to control everything without giving $$$ would you be okay with it?

I understand you (and the melee players making bank in general) want your melee hype/fun. I know you dislike/not care for brawl. But you're the head TO for Melbourne and hence a biggie in the Australian scene in general. At what point to you is enough enough?

Love, butthurts and regards,
~Shaya

Also East Australia born and raised in the salt mines is where I spend most of my days. Greening out, gaming out, chillaxing all cool being super butthurt from eating chilli too.
When a zxv and I who were up to no good, was gonna win doubles down in the Melbourne neighbourhood.
I bought my one little plane ticket but my phone got scared and said "I'll wake you up at 5.30am on Sunday the 10th of October 2014". So I rolled over in bed and when my glasses got near the clock's hand said 6.30am and the flight was at 8. If anything I could say that I could just make it. But then I saw it was actually 7.30am and I thought "****ing **** ****u fkcufkcufafsadfaskcuk****fc" YO LETS HOPE CAOS PHONE ON SO I COULD SEE IF IT WAS OKAY TO ARRIVE AT 11-11.30AM INSTEAD; nah forget it, bed time forever (or alternatively going for hack 5minutes till I'm at the airport coming to melb with a controller and pyjamas [I regret not trying this at least lolol])

So I got up at around eleven or ten, then I laughed at my fate, looked at my kingdom; I was still there. To have a relaxing day as the Prince of Despair.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SD, Dekar, Redact, ZXV, Ted, Syke, Toshi:

My calculations for the bonus payouts:
1625 = SD 1400+225
1150 = Dekar 700+450
575 = Syke 350+225
262.5 = Cao
325 = ZXV 175+150
625 = Redact 450+175
272.5 = Ted 122.5+150
122.5 = Toshi

Please PM me with bank details for winnings transfers. Based on our pot distribution, the total payouts from the boost is $4957.50, leaving a minor discrepancy. Where to put the remaining $42.50? Spread it evenly amongst the 8 winners?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Paul how dare you, it's Cagorski >: (
and I play DotA but apparently im bad. . . . . . . fak u sebby, i see you lurkin
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (5 members and 1 guests)
Jamwa, CaLibUr_1337+, Splice, CAOTIC, Sebby

that was very nice Shaya, respect.

Also, I'm pretty sure Apollo isnt the only one who uploaded vids so could we have some links posted in the OP or just anywhere pl0xoRz

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Finally the smash drama begins, there is no major smash tourney without drama (in all seriousness, that was a really good post Shaya)

Actually I should add you'd be suprised how many SF people asked me about the pot boosting and the whole if I don't like you you don't win controversy, they all seemed suprised that we let this go on without a word

zApollo

Smash Ace
Smash Dubs GF are up.

First Set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGfkp_DFIXg
Second Set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtFXwi3kSy0

We got wrecked first set but Allen finally got his head together for the second set we needed to win. I blame Allen for every match we lost that day.

I kid, he's the absolute boss and such a fun doubles partner. Ingame motivating each other pushes the dubs metagame pl0x.

Congrats for the teams who beat the tibs and attila duo, you guys managed to stop their winstreak?

Paul how dare you, it's Cagorski >: (
and I play DotA but apparently im bad. . . . . . . fak u sebby, i see you lurkin
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (5 members and 1 guests)
Jamwa, CaLibUr_1337+, Splice, CAOTIC, Sebby

that was very nice Shaya, respect.

Also, I'm pretty sure Apollo isnt the only one who uploaded vids so could we have some links posted in the OP or just anywhere pl0xoRz
Did you agree to play on Shadow Moses vs Allen? If so then you're awesome for playing on a cool stage.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
apologies if i seemed a bit emo over the weekend, had a really hard time with uni leading up to this, and just needed some time to do nothing and gather my **** together.

thanks to all those i had games with. and thanks to earl, for helping me realise why i've become bad at the mk matchup, and the part of my game that needs to be improved before I can start winning consistently again. it also helped me considerably in my set against ted. i will win next time.

i think i've regained my spark for this game. know what i'm doing wrong, got so much to improve on.

look out australia.

thanks to everyone who i played over the two days, even those who handed me my *** on a platter in melee. i actually had legitimate fun playing melee, even if my tech skill is still rubbish. might work on that at some point, not sure. until then, i'll play that brawl spacing game with marth, and play a falco that refuses to pillar.

huge shoutouts to jei and anyone else who helped run brawl; massive effort to finish all that in one day. legitimately didn't expect half of that to actually occur. good job guys.

Splice

Smash Hero
apologies if i seemed a bit emo over the weekend, had a really hard time with school leading up to this, and just needed some time to do nothing and gather my **** together.
I'd like to second this. Thanks Attila c:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Smash Dubs GF are up.

First Set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGfkp_DFIXg
Second Set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtFXwi3kSy0

We got wrecked first set but Allen finally got his head together for the second set we needed to win. I blame Allen for every match we lost that day.

I kid, he's the absolute boss and such a fun doubles partner. Ingame motivating each other pushes the dubs metagame pl0x.

Congrats for the teams who beat the tibs and attila duo, you guys managed to stop their winstreak?

Did you agree to play on Shadow Moses vs Allen? If so then you're awesome for playing on a cool stage.
Yes we did, I accidentally clicked it and we both agreed to continue playing ^ ^
despite losing, it was hilarious

also I'd like to have a say 'go-to' brawl doubles partner so if anyone is up to make the best doubles team ever (consisting of Mekos or Shaky) I'm keen as mustard

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
On the other hand of drama, since Brawl needs it to be interesting, if someone I liked came first, I would have paid 'em; I had to settle for second. OH. MY. GAWD!
So, there we gooooooooooooooooooooo. As someone stated, no major, Australian or otherwise is good without drama, and who better than a gay guy (yes I love saying it to piss you off) to cause drama, I mean, they're practically women after all.
This just makes me sad for Earl :(.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

Unny & Rose - Thanks soy much for coming down. I love you two. I hope you enjoyed the room of squeee. Until next time.
Syke - Thanks for coming down, you're one of the few people I'm good to chill with in the scene. Your ragequits are the best.
Leisha - I really appreciated your TO efforts, considering Melee isn't your game. A pleasure to have you around.
Dekar - Good job beating Syke with your new best character. Falcon owns mid-speed characters it seems. Keep on doing well; the Melbourne scene needs you.
Luke - Sorry about not being able to meet for dinner -- my phone was flat all weekend. Pet.
Redact - You'll be able to beat me if you can overwhelm with me with Falco tech. Your current style gives me enough breathing space to control the match.
Scrubs - Glad I got to show you a few special spots in this other regular town. Thanks for the Fox tips in my match -- it helped turn things around.
Accelerate - Y U NO SMASH
Vyse - Thanks for hanging out over the weekend with the non-glandular version of you. Always happy to talk about careers and government. I'm boring like that.
ZXV - I didn't expect to beat you. Because of the friendlies we had played earlier at Phil's house, I was worried about you the most out of anyone. maybe next time, you'll be confident enough in the matchup.
Conor - Thanks for chilling with us on the last night and introducing me to MLP. Feel free to send me links of nice artwork. I will acquire a giant Jake or Finn one day.
Tibi - Wubs. I watched your match against Earl. I don't know anything about Brawl but try to incorporate more approaches and kills for MK. By the end of the first game I knew exactly what you wanted to do.
Joe - Thanks for coming down, it's nice and easygoing with you around. Epic armpit hug.
Attila - You need more hugs.
Bryan - Attending the Jill hearing made me sleepy, but I don't regret it. Let's hit town sometime.
Shaya - Sorry, I left my phone off all weekend.
Nova - It would have been nice to see you.
Smoking Puppy - Thanks for waiting with me at the airport & talking about tunes
Imperfect - Hopefully I'll try to swing my way to Sydney before I leave in a month.
SD - You were so happy and cuted. You wanted the win more than anyone else. I'm glad the tournament has motivated you to continue despite being the current benchmark Australian. I'll try and keep up.
PCG - Attend more tournaments please.
Cats - Thanks for stop being a jerk behind my back after I played ZXV.
Invisi - It was nice talking to you, but try not to be so negative. It seems whenever we talk, you have some bone to pick.
Gloth - Nice cameo appearance + sticking to the OG crew. Next time, bring a controller. Samus players underrepresented.
Tom - Sooner or later you're going to beat me. Falcons...
Adelaide - Sorry I didn't talk to your guys, maybe next time?
Shaz - We're never teaming again. Help train me to beat Ken. He's annoying me.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
He really dominates every low tier tourney, so this wouldn't surprise me.

Splice

Smash Hero
^Wrong
Mr. Game and Watch dominates low tier tournies in some regions of Europe

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts in alphabetical order

Aidan (did I spell that correctly?): Thanks for the friendlies! I think that in the unlikely event we eventually run into each other in another set, one of us will have to man up and switch characters. Timing out just seems too shameful.

Cao: I don’t even know how to thank you for all your effort hosting and touring us over the weekend. Reliable sources inform me that human beings aren’t supposed to be capable of those amounts of tolerance or generosity, so I can, within reason, conclude that you’re superhuman. And thank mangy wolf for the… you know.

Conor: Nice work showing up 12 hours late ****face. How dare you allow your spontaneous social life to intervene with planned events of higher priority? Do you perhaps not understand the importance of Smash tournaments? Are you unaware that human beings are worth only their sum in competitive video game performance?
(Also where are those blog links at?)

escro: Wolf represent!

Leisha: Your ROB is scary and has mad spacing skills; keep it up.

Lentil: Thanks for teaching me about Paleozoic era.

Luke from school: I like how room 701 looked a lot like a penthouse suite when I visited on Friday night, and a lot like your house when I visited on Sunday, chicken wings and everything. ARE YOU GUYS BRONIES OR WHAT?

Invisi: Would I be correct in assuming you’ve found Starfox’s avian wingman to be a male homosexual?

JOAZ: I maintain that your pool on Sunday was stupid, although I somehow think you would've done better had you been wearing that Spiderman costume. I look forward to hitting more tournaments up with you and rating passersby on a scale of zxv to definitely-not-zxv. Also don’t feel bad about Birdemic’s performance - I personally thought it was smashing. What are birds? We just don’t know.

Nanda: You may never read this, but I wish you’d been there.

Ricky: Good to see you again. I appreciated those few friendlies we played on Sunday, especially since the probability that you’d fall off your chair and drop dead at any given moment appeared to increase incrementally with every passing minute.

Seb: Great performance on Sunday. I am moderately disappointed at having missed the controller-throwing incident that followed your second last set in the Brawl singles bracket. Also thanks for the… pineapple vodka. I may or may not have chosen to leave it in the hotel fridge.

Spongebob: If it weren’t for your ****ty show, Luke might actually have shown up on Sunday.

Syke and Tak:

Ted: Thanks for the Wolf coaching, I guarantee it would have helped more if I didn’t suck at video games. I also enjoyed our pools matches - somehow the masochist in me loves getting hammered my excellent players such as you. Congrats on placing 2nd in Brawl.

Vyse: I am so sorry you had to endure cringe-worthy theme music, squeaky dialogue and various other unpleasant noises thanks to our poorly planned decision to organise a 1am screening of children’s cartoons in surround sound. In your position I would almost definitely have launched unpadded furniture and ceramic ornaments in the direction of our heads.

zxv: I can’t come up with anything specific to write, so I’ll just say I think you’re cool.

All the TOs: I reckon you did great. Also if ever you want an extra pair of feet to run around and kick people who are needed for matches, you’re welcome to hire me - it’d give me something slightly more productive to do than stare at zxv’s Marth with my mouth slightly ajar.

Everyone else: You're cool too.

BAM was a weekend well spent, I think. Now, to disappear from Smashboards forever.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
P. good tourney, thanks for coming everyone.

Melee

Sam: gratz on the win, I didn't get to see it unfortunately.
Dekar: I like it better when you win. Start doing that again plz.
PCG: Our games were really fun in pools.
Vyse: Same with you, sorry again about the premature quitting, I wasn't thinking. Also, great seeing you again.
Scrubs: You're heaps good, derp Peach, Yoshi sucks etc.
Skeletom: We didn't do bad in teams, I need to learn how to beat dorf though.
Apollo: I didn't even know you played melee lol.

Brawl

Tibs: 3rd isn't too bad, GGs I'll make sure we don't play against each other in winners next tourney. I dunno it just happens.
Ted: Stahp destroying me.
Earl: gratz man you played great. I apologize for the way you're treated in this scene, its unfair that you are not rewarded for your performance but its impressive how you can shrug it off and continue to dominate.
Zxv: thanks greatly for your help, you are the major reason singles ran as smoothly as it did. I also am really impressed by your marth.
Btmns: we played way better in doubles than I expected.
Everyone I housed: <3

I want to give more shoutouts but I'm on my phone and at work and other excuses blah blah blah

:phone:

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Great tournament, it may have reignited my passion for smash a little bit.

GGs to everyone I played.

Big shout out to Phil for housing me and organising the tournament, Cao for showing me around Melboune, Unny for being a great teams partner, Sam for winning and Nova for providing the pot (sad I didn't see you there) and everyone in room 701 - cool people.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

EARL: Great teammate as always, again im sorry for playing so bad against splice and sebby

TIBS and ATTILA: we had really close sets in both brawl and melee! Hopefully you two will team at some monthlies now so that we have more chances to play against you (in brawl)

SKELETOM: as always its fun playing you in melee... ill beat you next time! ;)

SEBBY: i hate you with a fiery passion, but i must admit that you are definitely getting better! keep it up

SPLICE: sorry about not cheering for you in doubles, its just that words cannot explain how much i dislike sebby :)

BATMANS and LEISHA: Im sorry about our bracket matches, i played both of those games just after i got kicked out of doubles and i was still a little salty. hopefully i wasnt to unfriendly.

LEDGE: nearly beating earl again... WTF! lol. anyway good talking to you

TED: thanks for the wario advice, i think by watching you is that my main problem is i dont go for enough unsafe stuff ;) lol

APOLLO and ALLENS: even though we lost it was really fun playing you guys in doubles. i wished you both lived in melbourne so we could play you more often!

REDACT: thanks for winning brawl crews for us!!! couldnt of done it without you.

TO's: thanks for everything y'all did to make the tourney happen

sorry if i forgot anyone important

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll do shoutouts later, but did want to say thank you to Jei, Nick (Imperfect) and Davey for housing (or in Jei's case, offer of housing). As well as thanks to everyone involved in organising and running the event.

And that I'm very glad I went, it's always fun to catch up and say hi to everyone in person.

cheese619

Smash Ace
***LUKE POST***

Shoutats:

SD: I was really glad you finally pulled out a win, that ones been waiting in the wings for a long time, good job.
Also **** you *******, I didnt wear shoes for like 1 hour, thats the best you got for me!?
and bread story, holy ****, that was easily the best few minutes of the entire weekend, godayum!
Also team up-BEEEEEE
you were lucky it was pal, you should be scared!

Deks: nice work man, when I watched the first set, I wasnt suprised zac won,
but then you came back with a vengence, I wish I had seen that second set frown

Psycho: Good **** taking out crews dude, I'm pretty sure your controller bounced about 7 feet into the air.
CBF mode is so good, but you should stop doing it frown

Funreon:
I didnt get to see you in action frown
I did get to see you though smile
you should have stuck around with us more

Seb: so, how'd you sleep buddy smile
I'm glad you came dude, shame you were a little out of practice, lets get back into it!

Cal: I love you cal, you are the greatest.
...****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAszilUOjk

Toki: where were you? frown

Nick: yeah man, it was good chillin with you, you are a king.
I'm too lazy to keep coming up to sydney, but I am moving up there next year, so all G, I'll help you learn the fox matchup
Looking forward to you becoming one of the melee greats smile

vyse: I wish I could have hung around with you more, you are one of my favorite people of all time but I barely saw you over the weekend
Stupid guards...

Batmans: lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ6G1t5KbEg&feature=related

Attila: heart good to see you again dude, you are the king, next time I come down we will gym for sure.
I remembered after you left that there was a gym in our hotel frown

Tibs ribs: looks like you still got it eh? Good to see you again too, hope you got your shoes back

Escro: you are the man! Good to spend time with you dude, hope you werent too wrecked when you got home.
"I saw you die at the top from a grenade... that was pathetic"
Learn to see the bubble, practice that ****.

Cao; I wanted to see the room of squee too cry
come back and visit me again soon

The Casino: get *****!

phil: watching you fall out of your chair unconcious midsentence was one of the funniest things I have ever seen,
and the look on your face when you woke up like 5 hours later was priceless

Dean: Top bloke, you really earned the sportsmanship award, espcially after putting up with my bullcrap all weekend smile

SA: lol
Invisi: dude, has anyone actually told you yet that planking and camping with pit is far more 'gay' and annoying then falco, you do know that right?

conzu: it was good to see you again dude, espcially when we hung out on sunday, oh wait...

ledge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOqg6cBRTZ8

rozu rozu: sorry, I was going to come back down, but goddayum, spongebob is sooooo good.
I thought I was gonna win our little game, but I guess I was RWONG!
I'm pretty sure we tied at nil all.

Bryte: dude, cmon, you really owe it to me to get back to your old form, start practicing again smile
That **** with ganon... well I guess you guys are the best at jumping huh?

Jei: thanks for looking after us on thursday, didnt really see you after that though frown
good to see you regardless.
tell soxie I wont forget my cards next time.

The World: sorry for being the both the most obnoxious drunk ever,
and for being under the influence of alcohol for the majority of the weekend.
Actually I'm really not sorry, **** ya!

***END LUKE POST***

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
***LUKE POST***
phil: watching you fall out of your chair unconcious midsentence was one of the funniest things I have ever seen,
and the look on your face when you woke up like 5 hours later was priceless
That's not the first time he's done that, except it was onto a lawn and he was standing up good work drunk Phil :)

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Now that this tournament is over, I've never felt the need to improve as much as I do now. It's strange, because I usually get kinda sick of the game after a tournament, but all I want to do now is get better. I'd say it's because I'm using Fox a lot more now, because he' a badass and is incredibly fun to play. But also because I feel like I have an idea on how to improve my game after getting a little more experience.

Anyway, quick shoutouts to:

Bryan for housing me and teaming with me in Melee as usual. I think we're killing each other a lot less, so yay. Now you just need to make sure your body is ready for Radiohead next month. Side shoutout to Hunter for not being evil to me and being kind of adorable.

Cao for picking me up from the airport, talking music, and showing me that Japanese art of the Star Fox crew. Cool stuff.

S.D for finally winning a tournament of this caliber, and for making me not as **** as I used to be. It would be pretty great to see you go to Apex; I'd be very interested in seeing how you go in the US scene.

The Melee friendly corner for the many hilarious games. Those team matches with Dekar, RedX and Unreon were all kinds of amazing.

Ted for that clutch win in our first Melee game. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have gone for so many grabs, but what else does Marth do? :p

Jei for 3 stocking me in Brawl and reminding me how bad I am at that game. Good stuff TOing.

Redact and whoever organised Saturday for running a seriously smooth tournament. Like others have said, it was incredibly efficient and I still felt like I got a lot of matches in.

Earl for the really tight set in pools, and for doing so well in Brawl. Didn't really get to see much of your matches, but I'm glad you won.

Gords for having a solid Toon Link and confusing everyone with those Wind Waker shenanigans.

Zxv for being excellent at all things Smash. I had fun playing you in Project M and learning about how great Mario was in your hands. I wish I could've played you in Melee; Sheik terrifies me and I need to learn the match up.

Apollo for the Brawl friendlies. I really enjoy our matches because they're quite fast paced and you always keep me on my toes. Cheers for the advice against ZSS because I really need it, haha.

Cal and Vyse because it was nice seeing you guys again. Hopefully I'll be more active in the Queensland scene in the coming months.

Top Bottom