• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
im gonna be in the city tomorrow, if i come to the BAM venue to watch events/play friendlies would i have to pay some sort of spectator fee ect?

i just wanna get some friendlies in really.

someone needs to represent the honest sheik.

Splice

Smash Hero
people are gonna say to you "oh no its only brawl"

But if you come along and there is a melee disc (mine is broke) I will play Melee with you RedX

Pay the $5 "Spectator" Fee
But play friendlies anyway ;) ;)
trufax brutha
Otherwise it's $35 just to touch a control wtf

Redact I guess you came 5th hey
Rough Stuff man, still best in Australia

Congratulations to S.D! I wish I could've gotten in on all of ya hype, I'm sure the vids will be great.
Does this mean Victoria still wins?

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Had so much fun, thanks to the guys for organising, thanks to the OOS who came and thanks to everyone who came along and made it what it was.

Shoutouts.
First shout out goes to Kier for not ****ing turning up.
Timic: i was a little disappointed you didn't play sheik but ggs anyway.
Earl: sick games man. looking forward to next time.
Redact: would've liked to have had some friendlies.
Nicks: We always seem to face each other in brackets or pools but it's always a pleasure.
Jei: was sick teaming with you. should definitely do more of that.
Dekar: way to be ****.
SD: congrats and it was nice meeting you at phils the other week.
Billy: shoulda come for melee.
ZXV: dat sheik. as **** as that MU is i always have fun playing it.
Imperfect: was nice meeting you, shame we only played on sunday.

To everyone who i forgot to mention, sorry.

i'm also thinking of changing my tag to Big Black Knee-ger. thoughts?

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
super pissed off i missed saturday, gonna try and work around work now so i can come to all the events and chuck people off the stage.

shoutouts to all the friendlies i played today, way too tired right now to give individual shoutouts but ggs to all

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
good games

full shoutouts later

i love everyone including ted because he let me get drunk in his room and he shaved

Splice

Smash Hero
shoutoutss

Seb: Thanks for teaming and well played :) Experience is the only thing you are lacking really, your mindsets and decisions and executions are pretty much spot on. Sorry about the last set, it was more my fault tbh

Earl: Congratulations on pretty much winning singles. I hope you try to solidify your dominance and cash in on it.

Ted: Congratulations on pretty much winning singles, good to see you in form (as far as I can tell).

Julian: I'm ecstatic that I am getting to see you more often this year, here's hoping you keep showing up :) Now you are the chibi one :3

Conor: You really should have come. ACT was there... missed out for sure.

ACT: Nice to be acquainted

Gaz: Good effort making it to 7th. If you care enough, now is a pretty prime time for you to aim higher. I'd rather play lots of starcraft with you though :D Our plan to meet up in the city was absolutely superfluous, and failed spectacularly >.<

Nicks: Why wouldn't you cheer for me and Seb in doubles finals? It kind of hurt me inside that you wanted us to lose, idk what to feel when friends want you to lose tbh.

Gords: Glad we got friendlies in this time, I hope it was enjoyable. Sorry I got a bit caught up talking to Joey. I really enjoy talking to Joey. Anyway, with GnW MU retreating Zair can be used better and you should emphasise your camping game a lot more. It's also important for you to keep in my mind that 70% of the time what I'm going to try to do is based on a read, so any option you have that can reset the situation is going to pay off eventually, since the neutral position of the MU is you camping me, which is good for you. Also don't overestimate the turtle; it's a lousy approach and a quick look at frame data or asking someone with a bit more knowledge of TL will give you two or three options to beat it every time depending on how I space the turtle. Good luck, hope you had an enjoyable time.

Jei: Quickest PR we've ever made, tight work. Good effort on 7th by you as well, I hope you try to breach top 3, tbh.

Tibs: Sorry I was not there to cheer for you. Leaving doubles Finals to a seperate time from the rest of doubles is really gay and whoevers idea was that is totally not using their head. I was unable to watch your games but I hope you are content or at least took something away from your final sets. :)

Jamwa: I think your Lucas is reallly gooooddddd, hope you were happy with how you did in Singles.

Aidan: I'd say it was a coincidence we were on the same train but when it takes 30 mins to arrive there's definitely gonna be a lot of people who wanted to be in the city at 9am on the train :p

RedX: I'm making an RTS where you can throw people off the stage right now , I'll see if I can trick anyone into playing on it.

Redact: If you used Usmash 10 more times, your Olimar is a mirror of the Brawl metagame right now. Well done ****** with Dekar in Melee doubles btw, awaiting vids.

Congratulations to Sam for winning Melee, certainly deserved from what I hear, I do wish I could have been there to see it though. Victoria Pride ;)

To most of OoS Players: I will see you guys next year (most likely). I would have liked to hang out with certain individuals a bit more, but it's a bad time :E

Joey: You mean a lot to me. Thanks for dinner.

All the people who placed 13th or higher in Melee; Well done.

PS. The Brawl VIC PR is done. will be uploaded within the week. Probably before Brawl Singles bracket is uploaded roflllfllelelelelelelelele xD

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Well, that was a rough day. Sorry for the terrible display.

Not sure how I feel about this game right now... Maybe I just need a hOliday.

Congratulations to all winners.

:phone:

Splice

Smash Hero
Earl sitting in Grand Finals from Winners
Ted sitting in Grand Finals coming from losers
The match did not get played afaik

the rest of the top 5 was
3. Tibs
4. ZXV
5. Apollo
5. Attila

^ ZXV and Tibs might be the other way around idk

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu

Brawl Doubles results

1: Beauty and the Beast (allens + apollo)
2: You Have no choice but to give up (Sebby + Billy)
3: Team awesome (Earl+Nicks)
4: The Golden Pair (Attila+Tibs)
5: xXGaNj4sN1p3rz420MlGPr0NoSc0p3h34dsHoTXx (Zxv + Cal)
5: BirthdayBoy and friend (Ledge + Toshi)
7: Brojectiles (Jei + Batmans)
7: MAGICAL ROBOT ORGY (Ricky + Leisha)
9: AJ (Aiden + Jamwa)
9: Walls of Elysium (Ted + Seb)
9: Gladstonators (SD + Puppy)
9: (^-^) (Invisi + escro)
13: Laters
13: Power Rangers
13: Birdemic
13: brybryland
17: Super Mega Nice Guys
17: Not pedophile

Brawl Singles Results

1: Earl
2: Ted
3: Tibs
4: Zxv
5: Attila
5: Apples
7: Jei
7: Birthday Boy
9: Toshi
9: Allens
9: Mozart
9: Sebby
13: Cords
13: Jamwa
13: Leisha
13: Seb
17: Aiden
17: PuppyKawaii
17: Dekar
17: Ricky
17: BillyChan
17: Nicks
17: Khoa
17: Batmas

Tournament was awesome guys, most fun I've had at a tournament since ages. Was great meeting new faces and seeing others I've missed for a while.

May do shoutouts later if I get time. Hope everyone had a great time =).

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I felt this tournament had recaptured some of that lost feeling of a 'major.' Good players, new faces and old, good company and a good atmosphere for both games, particularly in crews. In fact, lots of things were good.

The community got its **** together to run things efficiently (particularly Leisha, Redact, Dekar and Jei), the Melee finals bracket was to die for and a lot of anticipated matches went ahead as planned. Looking forward to the videos -- the standard of play was awesome.

I hope people had as much fun as I did.

Nova Money: Once the results of both Melee events are posted in full, I'll be in touch with winners to distribute winnings.

Cool facts:
- At least 2 controllers were thrown
- Water was spilt at least once
- Redact won Brawl crews
- Falco is gay

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
-victory throw-

Indeed was good, have now played everyone at least once in the last year in a singles tourney... by everyone I mean like top 10 in the country lololololol

I was starting to lose it around crews >> cant really last more than 5-6 hours before going cbf mode

Gee Gee's

S.D

Smash Master
Rocky was the bomb in terms of attendance numbers, interest, hype and personalities.

BAM2K12 was a great exhibition of growing Aus skill.

I had fun :) Saturday was probably the most efficient tournament I've ever attended.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
shoutouts:

Ricky: DAYUM i hate Ness' fair, but good games :D
Splice: nice job gettin 2nd, think you could get 1st with a full bucket ;) jokes, its my fault you lost because we didnt get don dons :(
M2K Seb: almost
Apollo: Had some nice friendlies. and nice to meet you
Allens: its fun to play against you :p nice tech skill.
Atilla: shoulda gone lucas
Julian/khoa: good time chillin, i hate diddy kong. hope you enjoyed the Asian cuisine in the city
Joey: y u no come get desert house >:|
Paul/khoa/toshi: iced ovaltine is a cheater's drink, also main ness
dekar: with what you've won, you can enjoy don dons (not din dins) for the rest of your life. also main ness
Jei: what kinda team name is AJ waiowjeioafij ._.
Leisha: hugs
Tom: Nice work dude, you're gettin pro
Luke: sorry for winning and taking the money you were going to use for dinner :]
Btmns/batmans?: nice going yesterday, had some fun friendlies. take care of yo GC, or you'll end up using a CC like me :(.
Nicks: dude l2p earl carry :p
Gords: wind waker <3

To everyone else I played, good games.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Melee Singles

1: SD
2: Dekar
3: Syke
4: Cao
5: Redact
5: Zxv
7: Ted
7: Toshi
9: Smoking Pup
9: Atticus
9: Skeletom
9: Scrubs
13: Tak
13: Unreon
13: Earl
13: Haikal
17: Tibs
17: PCG
17: Nicks
17: Shaz
17: Timic
17: Imperfect
17: Joey4ness
17: Attila

Ama Bracket
1 and 2 - Apollo and Cheese (who won?)
3: jei
3: Bryan
5: vyse
5: cats
5: robsta
5: seb
9: yodha
9: bowser
9: Bus
9: james
9: gords
9: cal
9: stu
9: invisi

Melee Doubles

1: rack city - dekar and redact
2: SNSD - syke and S.D
3: tedxv - tedeth and zxv
4: dota lovers - atticus and haikal
5: team tibs - tibs and attila
5: scrubreon - scrubs and unreon
7: team shaz - caotic and shaz
7: laama farmers - toshi and joey
9: team awesome - nicks and earl
9: team jei - jei and tom
9: kings of act - luke and joe
9: ******s - smoking puppy and bylim
13: asian and friend - pcg and forte
13: team manifest - james and 1der
13: team seb - seb and imperfect
13: team cats - cat and yodas
17: team cal - cal and m
17: team 64 - ciaza and pete
17: team gords - gords and vyse
17: party bus - matt and bus

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
minimalist shoutouts kgo

Phil - thx heaps for housing me bro, and letting me install WoW lolololol Champ.

Bryte - was really great to chill with u at phils and have a nice block of friendlies for once c:

Davekar - lolz finally we play in bracket haha, record stands at 3 - 2.5 XDXDXD good stuff all round tho.. falcos pretty ghey amirite?

Unny and Rose - hopefully I'll find an excuse to drive down to sydney soon haha good times, go team tourist.

Shaz - I got to winners for you bro =3

Sam - yeahz lololololol idk after that 4th match (even tho I won) I was just like "*** have to do so much to just barely win.... blargh" then just lost it lol. we kind of ***ed ourselves in doubles XDXD

others I saw/played in pools/bracket - good to see errbodeh again and see some new faces. For my pool buddies gg's and keep at it c:

Overall I'd say the average skill level has gone up, mainly due to the evolved metagame. A lot of people have really good tech skill but just suffer due to inexperience etc. Vids are going to be pretty sex.

S Tier - Cao, Dekar, S.D, Syke
A Tier - Redact, ZXV, Ted
B Tier - blargh

earla

Smash Lord
When's the next monthly? I think I need to find a reason for my own brawl existence.
i was disapointed u couldn't make it to BAM. would've really enjoyed watching you play.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
nova: man you TOTALLY ruined the tournament COMPLETELY (it was total ****). Best tourney since rocky in 2009, sure us TO's had a part in making this happen, the biggest thanks easily go to yourself for making the hype possible. only think you let us down with was those controllers man, i had like at least 5 people ask about getting some controllers that weekend! what a LET DOWN JEEEEEZE.

s.d: Good stuff, all that practice with me paid off (especially since it was me and no one else coming to meets). its nice to see dekar lose, one day he may come to meets (hopefully) to practice if he keeps losing. dw bout paying me back or anything, just keep driving me to tourneys (8

dekar: rack city 2 stronk, best falcon in aus. pls try in crews next time, while you may have 0 pride in your placing/results, the rest of us like to see melbourne win. im expecting some amazingly edited videos on youtube once s.d uploads the originals

syke: almost lose to me, you must feel bad LOL. get crushed by falcon, get some tourney enduranceeeeeee. and maybe a tan too LOL. lift and JD is a combination that no man should take again.

cao: i want to beat you :( . Tight TO work on day 1, you should have stayed in the city for that night!

zxv: you sleep too much, you also out-placed atilla in brawl how do you feel?

toshi: nice work in crews, not so nice work in singles (cmon beat ted!) i think it was because i didnt support you trilane ES style (miss more stuns)

joey: best support ever, couldn't have won without you, looking forward to your commentary!

ted: no broken controller for you this time (:

scrubs: you didnt seem as hung over as sd or me, drink more man! or maybe just hit up that lift and jd, maybe chuck some 95% in there (:

unreon: scrubreon is an amazing team name. play against ted and zxv a bit and im sure youll be up to your former glory in no time! (after being rested and gimped 99999 times)

atticus: amazing in teams, not so amazing in crews. the pressure got to you man! play more and youll overcome it! (just forget uni ok?)

haikal: those wings are too crazy, good show all round man, keep it up and give yourself another year and im sure youll get top 10 next major

daniel: boo you for not coming, worst YL ever

attila: 5th in brawl? jeeze buddy, i thought you were good! what a let down to team tibs. thanks for having faith in me for brawl though! best olimar in aus

tibs: gettin there in melee, you just need to live in melbourne and come to all the meets! youll catch up to the top players in no time

skeletom: nice work beating earl, not long before you beat dekar too (trust me he's easy)

luke: what a baller, destroyed all my jager. why'd you go and be even with chan in crews, that kids a loser!

seb: one day u can be in navi like me

chan: i played brawl, time for you to play melee.

billy: school johns play more melee (why u no come on sat)

leisha: should have stayed on sat nite n got smayuusshhedddd. missing out on the good times

forte: where was story time man, bailing on sat night what a loserrrr

redx: nice effort coming on sunday even though it was the brawl day (i know you came to watch brawl u love it)

robsta: you were smashed after like 2 drinks, what a lightweight. get better at melee too jeeze buddy.

kier: come to a tournament for once hey

earl: gw on brawl, shape back up in melee

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff to everyone! Also, the teams bracket is not showing the real results, Leisha moved people around to match teams with teams from other states. Seb and I never played luke and joe in the bracket, pretty sure we got 9th.

Anyway, had a blast despite playing horribly. Great to meet a lot of the Aussie smash-scene! Shoutouts to come later! Also, ETA on the videos?

S.D

Smash Master
I'm sorting vids atm, only issue I have is the audio.

On the matches with no commentary it doesn't have any game sound coz it was hooked up to the speaker system.

Do people want me to put music into the backgrounds or just upload with no sound? The second option is quicker...

Top Bottom