• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

tibs7

Smash Champion
so much support for this live stream, p1 will watch the whole thing, i know it.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Besides, there is also this match. I know hating on SA is the cool thing, but credit where it's due.
The 15 dislikes all come from Nova's 26+ accounts he made just to dislike SA smash vids. Now thats pathetic.

He just sent everyone in SA abusive PM's. Heres mine:

Downhill.
The entire of Australia thinks you have downs syndrome.
You provide **** prizes.
You're dirt poor.
And to top it off, you may remember a certain thing of yours going missing at SG.

Put the puzzle together doofus.
Or we could try having someone inject you with a waking coma drug, and give you a nice glasglow smile, you'd feel every bit of the pain.

Cost? $7500, not much to scar someone for life lol.

Just to clear a few things up im not dirt poor as I have a job and help run a small business.
I dont provide the prizes for SA smash as I have better things to spend my money on and don't need to buy friends.

More threats and admitting to stealing?

Nova retired from Smash when everyone else was getting good and he couldn't compete anymore. He hasnt been the 2nd best in SA for a long long time. He even lost to my DDD last time we played rofl but he like to link people to a vids over 2 years old where he beat me after I had no sleep.

Apart from the mixup with money in Queensland no one from SA has ever done anything to him except put up with his BS for years just because he gave the scene money.
We decided the money aint worth it and after constant abuse to existing and new members like telling new players who join the group and say hello to tie a rope around their neck, stick a condom up their *** and hang themselves for no reason we deleted him from the group which we all got death threats for and he now has a personal vedetta against us all for no reason.

I thought I got along with him fine and considered him a friend at one stage before all this started. Its unfortunate really.

He never came through with the $1500 he promised for SG 12.03 either.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
kinda dont need the nova hate spreading to this thread

this is the thread for bam, sure nova is making bams pot mad baller (which i appreciate and is making the event as hype as it is), but this doesnt mean this is the thread to sling hate on him or talk about the issues.

new topic:

melee pools seeding is underway, its looking like 6-7 people per a pool at 8 pools, with top 3 going through!

people are going to get heeaaapppsss of games with pools + pro/ama bracket, its looking like a bare minimum of like 7-8 bo3 sets per a person even if you don't progress far in brackets!

with this in mind, PLEASE make sure you bring setups as we need to make sure we have every setup we can!

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
As cool as a livestream would be, I kind of agree with those who are saying it's too much effort. I would much prefer to see the effort go into making sure EVERY match is recorded (not just the top level players, the rest of us like having our matches recorded too!), preferably with commentary on as many as possible. I know that if I could get some matches commentated, I'd be stoked.

Provided that they're uploaded within a decent period of time after BAM (within a week or so maybe?), I really don't see much difference between recording them and livestreaming them. It's still the same content.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
If you want livestream at this event, someone will need to step up and be willing to set this up, none of the current TO's are willing to set up livestream nor see the point of it.

even if there is a large request for it, someone will still need to step up and do it.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Livestreaming makes the moment much more hype. Your audience is a lot bigger.

And short of hacking every wii with infinite replay, not a chance of recording every match.

:phone:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You don't know the results before watching it on a live stream, for one. That makes it a lot more hype to watch if its happening live. A live stream would be cool, but recording all the matches would at least be something.

tedeth

Smash Master
Jamage, I don't give a **** about any disagreements you've had with Nova, and neither does anyone else, but for the record:

Before Nova put any money into the scene at all, he was far more liked than the loud-mouthed SA "TO" who talked a big game but managed to prove time and time again his own ignorance and stupidity. Nova was happily invited and received to many tourneys since most OoS players got to know him. This was not because of anything external, it was because he was about the only SA brawl player who didn't have his head up his own (or Apollo's) ***.

As for the money you claim he never paid, we saw that money in the form of full sponsorship including flights, an amazing 5 star hotel and unbelievable meals over the course of the weekend. You should check out Toki's facebook photos from that weekend bro, we had a good enough time to make up for lack of actual prizes and then some. :p

JAVELIIIIINNNNN!!!!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
We normally record at majors. I lost all the matches saved at the last one, though.

I recall Apollo saying he could set it up. How much maintenance does it require? We've never had a shortage of people wanting to commentate.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I wish we could have our "hype" yearly Australian major again. The $5000 circle jerk / "lalalalallalalalalalalalalalalalala *scene dying* oh money who cares!" is a very sad and pathetic thing to be reading.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Does CQ have enough bandwidth to support a good looking stream?

Is there even a wired connection in the room, or is it all wireless?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ok cool you guys have a reason to have live streaming/people want it.

now does someone want to step up and set it up?

I believe there is adequate bandwidth, but im not 100% sure. Thats something that will be looked into once someone steps up to set up the live stream.

Splice

Smash Hero
If we're having livestream, then I MM Tibs $10 so the overseas players can see me piledrive him.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes let's organize a livestream one week before the event because a handful of american brawlers have suddenly shown interest
or not, we've got enough to worry about without some pointless livestream
couch warriors is running a livestream anyway, so there's no bandwidth for it

move on

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
I can lend my PC, but I lack a capture device and its cables.

If someone can provide me with one on the day (that works with Windows 7), I could try to set it up.

Also, my PC doesn't have a means to connect to a wireless network. I need to confirm if there if there is a wired connection.

EDIT: Well, didn't see that post. Oh well.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I can lend my PC, but I lack a capture device and its cables.

If someone can provide me with one on the day (that works with Windows 7), I could try to set it up.

Also, my PC doesn't have a means to connect to a wireless network. I need to confirm if there if there is a wired connection.

EDIT: Well, didn't see that post. Oh well.
if youre still willing to provide your pc, i can actually purchase another recording device for you (dw bout price, theyre cheap) and some extra cables and you can record more matches on the weekend too, ill set it up for you as i use win 7 too for my laptop so setup should be simple.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
^Sure.

Now that I think about it, my bro's laptop should be more than fine recording matches. I'll bring that instead.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
We normally record at majors. I lost all the matches saved at the last one, though.

I recall Apollo saying he could set it up. How much maintenance does it require? We've never had a shortage of people wanting to commentate.

Chris doesn't check this topic, I'll ask him for the details next time I talk to him though

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Also planning to bring my laptop, and happy to let it be used for recording if there's a spare capture device.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Wow almost $6,000? Damn! O_O

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SETUP information:

The BAM venue will be setup over Thursday and Friday night, so if there's any significant equipment you have to set up, please bring it then, so we don't have to concern ourselves with it on tournament day.

PS - Those requesting livestreaming should bury their requests or install it themselves on Thursday or Friday.

Gords

Smash Champion
billy, ill money match you early in the tourney so you can teach me the GnW match up this time. otherwise you will be stuck in the never ending string of tourney matches and ill miss out again

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
A question about a rule:
"Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player"

How strict is this rule? I've had people in the past pause the game for a range of reasons. Sometimes asking and others not. reasons from accidental interferance like phone rings or controller problems to reasons like once where someone paused without asking simply to get mental breathing space...

That reminds me, in the case of my opponent receiving in game coaching, how should I respond to deal with the situation?

Both of these have affected me in the past.

Top Bottom