• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

Dekar289

Smash Hero
a few final stipulations from nova, including a $750 brawl pot boost
in the op

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Sorry, I wont will be able to bring a Brawl set up. Speaking of Brawl set ups, will there be any Brawl set ups on Saturday for friendlies? Or is it Melee only on Saturday? Also I seriously need a partner for Brawl teams.

Gords

Smash Champion
Gords, zip it and chip in for the hotel with me :D
Sure dude. Send me the details, especially now since its like 99% I'm going.

Cao did you still need my wii for a project M setup. It'll be difficult but I think I'll manage to get it there.

Gords

Smash Champion
With Jei.

Do you want to team this weekend?

It's alright if you want to team with somebody else, I'm really terrible these days :)
yeah sure, melee and brawl?

it sounds like there is a good group at Jei, damn work and the bulll**** it takes to get a weekend off.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
yeah sure, melee and brawl?

it sounds like there is a good group at Jei, damn work and the bulll**** it takes to get a weekend off.
Yeah, I remember how hard it was for you to get time off last time.

Also if you're keen to team in both games, that sounds great to me.

Double Sheiks and Double Diddy?

Gords

Smash Champion
yeah sure ditto teams it is, ill have to practice up on some diddy then havent played him i a while.

the problem with work is not only getting the time off but if i manage the time off it is close to when i need to go so my trip is insanely expensive.
It is going to cost me about $400 in flights as it is and i still have nowhere to stay. if i cant find relatively cheap accommodation i wont be able to afford to go. At this stage if someone offers me a bath tub and a blanket to sleep with ill take it.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
I have a (not hacked) NTSC-J Wii and Brawl, would it be of any help to bring those? Maybe Cao can install Project M on it for me before the tourney?

Also: Soybean dog is confirmed. Get hype

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Are their any food venues near where the tournament is being held? Also I really need a partner for Brawl.

earla

Smash Lord
hi ringworm. hang out with shaya, he will teach you how to play marth very well!

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
I don't think I've ever met Shaya. Infact I don't think I even know what he looks like. Also will there be any Brawl set ups for friendlies on Saturday? And if not will there be time for Melee friendlies?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
That SA video was orchestrated by Techa, and therefore, is not a proper representation of our scene or the people in it. Thank you.

Of course, we're all awful, awful people anyway, as "Authorised Ability" will be happy to tell you.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you want to learn Marth, throw everything out the window and start from fresh.
Just learn to power shield everything and punish (choose appropriately between grab, shield drop re-shield, up smash, dancing blade or your buffer windows during spot dodges/shield drops). Camp against everyone who's not Diddy Kong. Ban Frigate or have a pocket MK.

Eureka, no.1 Marth N/A.

S.D

Smash Master
I'm guessing there were some deleted posts in there somewhere... Otherwise I'm not brawl bashing just questioning the statement that it's more popular, pretty sure it's about even these days in a macro sense.

Top Bottom