• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
changed due to moderator anti nazi oppression

i thought this website was not run by oppressive dictatorship, i guess i was wrong

also just finished an 80 minute dota game my lordddd

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
someone will

that will probably be me to find one specific post and i go on a pedantic hunt and read through like 50 pages just to find one quote of billy saying something like "i love spiders" or something

also is anyone intrested in a tandem meet sort of thing?

aka mine on friday -> jeis on sat?

pre bam practice train?

i finish at 4 so we can have a meet from 6 or something this friday maybe?

Yodha

Smash Cadet
Pre smash practise the week before the hols? *cries*

There'd better be some the week before BAM - arriving on the 26th here.
And epic nazi mother****er picture there RedNazi - nearly made me laugh in the middle of a major class powerpoint presentation!

tibs7

Smash Champion
oh mannn
i have like 5 assignments due and exams in like 3 weeks. i probs cant make jei's :(
but we'll see, always a chance.

Splice

Smash Hero
why was redacts flaming buddhist robot removed?
Why the discrimination?

The swastika is a symbol that means "all is well"

The flaming chainsaw robot is probably meant to represent some type of ironic guardian "keeping the peace"

I think this intolerance is disgraceful, as someone with intense interests in reincarnation and who once practiced some tibetan monk buddhist meditation routines (I don't have as much time lately), I believe I have the right to acknowledge my passion for buddhism in my avatar. I still have to do some work on it to incorporate those dots that sometimes appear on the swastika of peace.

If you look closely it has dots now, representing the tibetan swastika.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey splice, the swastika used by the nazi's is reversed/mirrored. The intention of such a change is likely obvious to you.

Honestly though, I don't care about the avatar, but smashboard rules something something.
So, you should probably remove it or someone else will (not me).

Splice

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter if it's drawn right or left

You can draw it either way.
The difference between the Nazi swastika and the swastika of buddhism (and other religions) is that the Nazi swastika is slanted.

Don't let the angle fool you; it is not slanted in this image, the robot is simply leaning on a strange angle. Funky posture.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
and to quote cao:

"i dont think i'l have a problem against sd"

and sd was slinging some mad **** against cao just this passing weekend

ooooooooo

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
yey, sd madt trashtalking behind cao's back
thx buddy, you're a real winner

Gords

Smash Champion
very likely I will be able to come to this now, is ther any housing still available. i will be arriving late friday night and leaving monday if i am able to make it. should know by the end of this weekend.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I just thought of a good idea for melee pools format

since we doing the standard 2 games pools, what about we ban the same way as normal, but out of 6 stages and not 5 by adding pk in, then we have 2 neutral stages left to play on, one for each match

eg:

6 stages are pk, fd, fod, ys, bf and dl.

I ban fd first

opponent bans pk and fod

I ban dl

then we left with ys and bf to play one game on each. meaning we have the two middle ground stages left with one for each game.

blind picks at the start of each game, you can change characters between game 1 and 2, but it must be re blind-picked.

keen/not keen?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
back to the fb group redact, plan is standard b03 sets for pools
for melee

Gords

Smash Champion
imperfect where are you staying? i still havent finalised any accommodation

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Causeway Inn, about 5 minute walk from the venue. Fri-Sun. When are you flying in?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I booked a hotel room close to my house and it's quite spacious. So, if there's anyone who wouldn't mind claiming some floor and being with the Cao/Unny/Rose crew for the BAM weekend, let me know.

Top Bottom