• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC, MAJOR] BAM2012 ~ Sep 29/30 - Links to Results at top of OP - "Best since Rocky"

Remastered

Smash Lord
First time back on Ausboards in a long time, aaaannnnnd nothing has changed. Keyboard warriors still swinging their axes of belittlement and elitism.

Hope either Apollo/Ted/Earl takes out brawl. glhf.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@Shaya
I... guess... so...? 0_0

One of our new players won a -4 match-up against one of the best MKs in the country, so we can't be that far behind everyone else.
My favorite set if all time... And it wasn't even recorded.

Such a pity.

Need to record more. Like hype rematches between Ted and splice.

:phone:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
japan melee pretty good

U.S
Europe
Canada
Japan
South America
Australia
south america totally above japan

javi/tuga are just wayyyyyyy 2g

@Shaya
I... guess... so...? 0_0

One of our new players won a -4 match-up against one of the best MKs in the country, so we can't be that far behind everyone else.
yeah that was some tight ****

earl the MASTER of adaptivity

not a fluke nor one off in the slightest, allens, no SA is right on the tail of melbourne, if not BETTER

we are ****ED, Melbourne are just going to quit while we are ahead

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441

Such a pity.

Wait, so this isn't the Allens vs Earl set? Because that was recorded - I know I've seen it somewhere.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Is D43n still coming to this?
If not I need a new dubs partner, and it would be good if they could heal or if they play squirtle and their name is Joey

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Such a pity.

I know! The hype was amazing

yeah that was some tight ****

earl the MASTER of adaptivity

not a fluke nor one off in the slightest, allens, no SA is right on the tail of melbourne, if not BETTER

we are ****ED, Melbourne are just going to quit while we are ahead
Johns.
Peeps are reading too much into what I said though lol, Melbourne still obvs the best and significantly better than SA.

Besides, there is also this match. I know hating on SA is the cool thing, but credit where it's due.

Wait, so this isn't the Allens vs Earl set? Because that was recorded - I know I've seen it somewhere.
Yeah, that was a rematch which Earl won :c

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Japan actually much closer to Australia, since they effectively stopped playing in 2008.

Robsta

Smash Ace
Does anyone have some floor space I can crash on or Saturday night?
or
I'm also keen to pay and split a room with some people if anyone is up for that

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I have floor space in room on sat nite but the hotel were like turbo tight last time on getting people in so I cant promise nething

Gords

Smash Champion
I have floor space in room on sat nite but the hotel were like turbo tight last time on getting people in so I cant promise nething

If possible I might need that floor space. I still have nowhere to stay. And can't spend much money :(

zApollo

Smash Ace
Hey guys! Mighty keen for this weekend, I'm looking forward to seeing all your faces again. :)

Has there been any word on the seeding for pools yet? I also am assuming that you guys will be using the Victorian Brawl ruleset for this tourney (Japan stagelist ftw!).

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah I posted the rules already apollo, but I think it got buried further back into the thread. But yes, its the vic ruleset.

As for pools, Jei will be seeding them on the saturday after we find out how many people pre registered and who.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Is D43n still coming to this?
If not I need a new dubs partner, and it would be good if they could heal or if they play squirtle and their name is Joey
if you cant find another teammate, we can team. but i rather not

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Dekar can you qoute this and place it into the OP so I dont need to dig this up again lol.

Melee Rules
TOURNAMENT RULES

Singles:
1v1
4 stock
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF

Doubles:
2v2
4 stock
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF
Team Attack set to ON
Life Stealing is allowed

Melee Specific Rules

♦ Fountain of dreams banned in team matches (due to framerate issues)
Pokemon Stadium becomes a neutral
♦ Wobbling Is banned

Stage List

-Neutral-
Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64

-Counter Pick-
Pokemon Stadium
- Wobbling is banned

Additional Rules
♦ No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players
♦ If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
♦ BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set
♦ Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player
♦ Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO
♦ No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles
♦ DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play. (However, if the player is participating in another bracket match, they'll be safe from disqualification providing they play the next match asap)
♦ The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match

Set Format

1.Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
2.Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage.
3.The players play the first match of the set.
Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.
4.Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
5.The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
6.The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
7.The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8.The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
9.The next match is played.
10.Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion

Brawl Rules

TOURNAMENT RULES

Singles
1v1
3 stock each
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF and NONE
Best of 3 matches

Doubles Play
2v2
3 stock each
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF and NONE
Best of 3 matches
Team Attack set to ON
Life Stealing is allowed

STAGE LIST

-Neutral-
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

-Counter pick-
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

General rules:
- Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned
- The Ice Climber's infinite chaingrab can only be performed up to 300%, any more after that can and will be considered stalling. Same goes for any other infinite chaingrab or grab release
- Wii-motes and Classic controllers are allowed, however they are discouraged due to battery life, connection issues, unreliability and time hindrance. The GameCube controller is preferred
- The Tournament Organizers are not responsible for any lost or damaged equipment eg. TV's, controllers etc. so please take extra care of your belongings and label them if you must
- Stalling is banned
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. Same rule applies for Ganondorf's suicide Flame Choke, Kirby and Dedede's neutral B and Donkey Kong's suicide grab
-There is a 50 ledge grab limit for all characters except Metaknight, who is limited to 25. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored. This prevents players simply stalling on the ledge

Additional rules:
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
- BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set
- Pausing may be turned off by request and the request cannot be denied. In the event pause is on and is pressed, whether by accident or on purpose, the result will be a loss of the current stock for the perpetrating player
- Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems
- Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO
- No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue
- DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match
- Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available
* The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah Jamwa you can unban a stage after one match.

Leisha I agreed to seed pools before the Saturday, so Thursday or Friday.

Splice

Smash Hero
1. Jamwa should team with Apollo. That's actually a top 5 team guaranteed

2. Can I get a timetable of what events are starting when? Might have to come late on saturday, and leave early on sunday, need to w3rk **** out. Finalise things pl0x

3. gw finishing rule set.

4. Everyone come see Jesse(MTGod) tomorrow!

Khoa

Smash Cadet
1. Jamwa should team with Apollo. That's actually a top 5 team guaranteed

2. Can I get a timetable of what events are starting when? Might have to come late on saturday, and leave early on sunday, need to w3rk **** out. Finalise things pl0x

3. gw finishing rule set.

4. Everyone come see Jesse(MTGod) tomorrow!
What is happening tomorrow? I'll come, msg me the details pls. :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Can we plz plz plz have a AUSTRALIAN MELEE PR after this tourney?

Every good player will be coming, except Kas.

This is likely to be the most competitive and intense tourney since M2K came over and ruined everything <3.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
So, I got a message from Novaaaaaa
"Luke and Ted, there's something very amusing they have set up for you"

I'm not attending, but can I still receive the amusing thing you have set up for me in some way, Ted? A picture of a rigged bracket would suffice.

Australian Melee PR would be cool to see.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Why isn't there going to be a live stream at this? I heard the main reason was cause people don't think people would watch it. Just stopping through to say that is definitely not the case. I know I, as well as a bunch of us on the snake boards, would be interested in watching this. It may not get a record breaking amount of views, but you will definitely get a decent audience if you do it and people know about it. In general, a lot of people are pretty interested in tournaments from other regions of the world.

So, live stream please :)

Player-1

Smash Legend
I will watch the stream solely on the condition that tibs is not shown in it....

better yet, I will only watch it if Tibs is banned from this tournament all together.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hi yanks
matches will be recorded, some with commentary.
livestream would be a waste of time and effort.

Top Bottom