• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox Assault

Stopsign

Smash Ace
No never even got that far. But I like the box art except for that stupid mohawk thing a ma bobby.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I didn't even bother with Adventures. Can you tell us the ending? It'll probably be important if we want to understand some parts, considering Krystal is in the game.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
The final boss fight was originally going to be General... uh, crap, I forgot his name, but the big giant lizard guy. But when nintendo squashed the starfox franchise onto the game, the ending became amazingly stupid. As soon as you're about to fight him, he falls over dead and you hear a voice say he's no longer needed. You then run up to the top of the krazoa tower thing and you save krystal, and then suddenly a big tiki head thingy on the tower starts floating and it spins around and it's andross' face on the other side. Intelligent, I know, seeing as he hadn't been mentioned once in the entire game at all. Then krystal grabs her staff back and shoots fireballs at it, and it does absolutely nothing. Then fox rolls his eyes, hops in his arwing and then you fight andross. Oh yeah, and then falco appears out of nowhere halfway during the fight in another arwing and shoots some bombs at andross or something.

Sorry if I got the ending wrong, I haven't played it in over two years or so...

Krystal really wasn't that bad, they just shoulda made her kick *** and GET RID OF THAT STUPID JAZZ MUSIC WHEN FOX SEES HER AUGH *dies* Maybe they'll salvage her in Star Fox Assault. Maybe.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You got everything right except Falco just pops up in the final cutscene after you've killed Andross.

Andross wasn't ever mentioned in Adventures, but he was sorta hinted at. I dunno about you guys, but I knew there was someone else when it kept showing you Fox/Krystal from the eyes of something else, peering around corners and such.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yep. The ending for Adventures made me cringe. Krystal attempting to "repay" Fox was like nails down a blackboard. What's worse was the last line in the game. (Fox stares into Krysal's eyes and says "I'm gonna be just fine.")
WTF!?!? Rare should have gone for a funny ending and made everyone stare at Krystal with horrified expressions on thier faces.

Peppy: WHAT THE @#$% ARE YOU WEARING???

Fox: (groans with embarrasment and tries to make himself seem as small as possible.)

Falco: well there goes our target audience...

As for Falco in Assault, well I think he looks OK from what I've seen. But then again, I've never really liked Falco.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cashed
You got everything right except Falco just pops up in the final cutscene after you've killed Andross.
If I remember correctly, Falco saves you by firing bombs at Andross *during* the battle (he comes in on a cutscene) and then the battle resumes.

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Sheeesh, stop *****ing about SFA....

Nintendo Power confirmed that Star Wolf is going to be in the game, it appears that Pigma is a solo mercenary now, althought not much of the storyline has been anounced at the moment, as the game has been 100% completed and now it's on its beta bug-N-find stage.

Newest render from the NP mag.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Bill was cool. but perhaps put Peppy back in the cockpit! he wasnt that bad. and anyway the picture of Fox on the box cover = the head Grimlin in Grimlins! seriously look at him. he looks just like Mo.

As for Falco in Assault, well I think he looks OK from what I've seen. But then again, I've never really liked Falco.
...Reads over NESSBOUNDERS fanfic... Really? I couldnt tell.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
Originally posted by UndrDog
Bill was cool. but perhaps put Peppy back in the cockpit! He wasnt that bad.
Well, we all know he wasn't that bad, and he we all wish he could, but come on, he's got to be at least 50. He's starting to show his age, and I'm pretty sure he would've retired his combat position when he got that old.

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
Ok I'm fuc|<ing tired of this, let me make my point clear....ahem...ahem....

Krystal is on Star Fox, you cannot change that, either you like her or not, she's a Star Fox member, keep whining about it, that won't help.

Just wanted to take that out of my chest, 80% of this thread is about wh!ning of Krystal, I'm not defending her, for me Krystal is like...ok.

Also about Peppy, yeah, it's old now, he was with James and Pigma, so he might just stay in the Great Fox with Rob doing some stuff or planning something or maybe making maps like he did on SFA.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Dear Doom Fox,

Dude chill out it's just a video game character, get a hold of yourself. I mean, it certainly isn't any of our business what you do behind closed doors when playing a game with a busty fuzzy thing, so don't worry about it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
yeah, but it would still be cool if Peppy would just swoop down and put Falco in his place. that would make the game worth buying to me. ( not that I'm not going to buy it anyway )

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by HondaFoo
Dear Doom Fox,

Dude chill out it's just a video game character, get a hold of yourself. I mean, it certainly isn't any of our business what you do behind closed doors when playing a game with a busty fuzzy thing, so don't worry about it.
Read again, please, I'm not taking this serious, I just wanted to take that out of my chest, that's all, I'm not mad nor worried.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doom Fox, let's read through this, now shall we?

1. Read what he said. Carefully.

2. Understand what he meant.

3. Don't post.

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by JediMasterYoda98
Doom Fox, let's read through this, now shall we?

1. Read what he said. Carefully.

2. Understand what he meant.

3. Don't post.
I already know what he ment, thank you.

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
Typo, sorry 'bout that.

Anywho, I found the latest renders of them all. I still don't like how falco looks ><

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
OMG they could've made Falco look like the way he was in SSBM. He looks bad this way X_X.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Thank You! I guess they wanted to make him look taller then Fox. which isnt saying much since Fox is sorta short to begin with.

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
I agree with you both, it seems that they wanted to put their style to him, which well, it's not that good at all.

In my opinion the best falco model I've seen is the one on Star Fox Adventures. He was taller than fox too.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yep. That picture of Fox looks stupid beyond all sanitation.
Even Rare did better than that, and is it me, or is Fox's snout getting SHORTER as he's getting older?

Actually, now I look at it again, I guess I can bear Fox looking like that. But his head looks like an EGG!! It seems the only character they've had trouble modelling is Fox! Slippy looks fine, Falco has big feet and the best model they've done so far is Krystal.

Krystal's starting to look kinda stylish. Telepath? She's psychic? Cool.

UndrDog, you couldn't tell I don't like Falco by reading my fic? I made him a stuck-up, lie-spreading pr*ck. And he gets stepped on by Samus and assaulted by the angry gizzards of a dead space worm later on. (As well as being involuntarily transformed into a Chozo.)

I don't know, there's something about Falco I just don't like.

I wish they'd bring Wolf back. Did he die in Lylat Wars of not? I never played it all the way through.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hm.. I like the way they rendered everything and everyone I've seen so far. The new Arwing and Greatfox, not to mention the landmaster tank.
I actually like waht they've done with the charactors. I think changing thinks like hight and weight of teh charactors kind of added to and mirriored the personalilties a bit. Falco new taller thinner frame make him look lthat much more ike that cocky hot shot piolet we all love. Foxes smaller frame hints at his speed and mental dexterity a bit more.

As I'm sure you can tell by my sig (which need to be touched up with the games official logo) I'm a big fan of the serise and really have the best hopes for the game. As always I trust nintendo's judgement in handling thier own story and charactors, strangly enough even more than I trust you guys with them...

Oh and as for Falco's Feet, I give you one word; Foreshortning. the closer this are to the viewer the bigger they will look... just a though. *rolles eyes*

P.S.
feel free to pic at my spelling and gramer errors I don't mind ^_^|/,,

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
I second what Ness said, Fox also doesn't looks the best, but, he doesn't looks that bad (Compared to falco), but anyway, only the graphics doesn't make a game, I've seen tons of videos of the gameplay, and it looks promising, it has a very significan difference from the videos you saw on the e3 from the latest ones taken on various places, also, Ness, like I said, Star Wolf is in the game, it has been confirmed, thanks to Nintendo Power.

Here is the info that was written on the Magazine...

*FULL_ON FOX *

The GCN debut of the Star Fox crew was a satisfying adventure, but in February, Fox McCloud and his mates will trigger an all-out assault- a salute to action the likes of which the team hasn't seen since 1997's Star Fox 64. Fire up your Arwing and get ready to roll!

*BUGS ABOUND*

Nintendo's Star Fox: Assault features intense fighting, free flying,big personalities and bigger bosses, all wrapped up in a story that encompasses the entire Star Fox saga. Fresh from the faces on Dinosaur Planet, Fox, psychic Krystal, and the rest of the Squad face foes- Old and new- with help from supercharged vehicles and rocking weapons. DR. ANDROSS IS OUT OF THE PICTURE, but as the game begins, Andross's nephew, Andrew Oikonney, has slipped behind the controls of the doctors's signature monkey-head-shaped transformer. Little does he know that the oncoming Aparoid insect army will wipe him out, then spread throughout the lylat system like a virus.

*TARGET ACQUIRED*

Combining on-foot fights of Star Fox Adventures, the Landmaster tank skirmishes of Star Fox 64 and the franchises's ever-present Arwing space-shooter action, Star Fox: Assault is a three-pronged attack on alien evildoers. Some missions have you starting on foot, pounding enemies from from inside a tank, then wrapping up with an Arwing dogfight. You can earn rewards by watching your teammates' backs, but you've got to keep an eye on your own ship, too. A damaged wing or hull brings you one step closer to defeat.

*FOUR SCORE*

Take a break from saving the galaxy and show off your piloting prowess in split-screen multiplayer matches for up to four competitors. The arenas range from mission areas to holographic training grounds. Some are specifically geared toard ground battles or space fights, while others accomodate every kind of action. If you're on-foot and going up against a Landmaster tank or an Arwing fighter, you have a serious disadvantage, but you can make it up with mobility and the ability to carry weapons such as a rocket launcher and a sniper rifle. Team play allows you to choose any team composition: two-on-two, three-on-one, two-on-one-on-one, or every fighter for himself. The whole Star Fox crew gets into the act, but it's the abilities of the players- not the characters- that really make multiplayer matches shine.

*FOX'S FRONTIER*

The four streamlines space fighters of the Star Fox team face a cloud of attackers that threatens to swallow the galaxy. With a steady hand and strong command over your Arwing, you've got to lead your team and gun for glory. If one of your mates has company, your charge is to zone in on the pursuers and pick them off before the fly outa range. When the Arwing's blaster is charged, it releases rapid-fire shots and locks on to targets. By flying through power-giving rings, you can upgrade your blaster, strengthen your shields or add bombs that blossom into enemy-crushing spheres when detonated. Faster and more versatile that a jet fighter, the Arwing can cut into enemies with a dynomite roll, evade attackers with a disarming loop and dart off with a burst of speed. The first Arwing mission follows a set path, but others are much more free-form.

*TOTAL ANNIHILATION*

The brutish Landmaster tank bursts back onto the scene in Assault. Not only can the armored behemoth take on the toughest of enemies with its energy-blasting cannon, but it can perform a power roll like the Arwing and thrust into the air to fly over obstructionsor take on enemy airships. The flight more is a must when battling the enormous alien mothership that descends at the end of Mission Two, since the ship's weak point is atop its domed roof. For times when the Landmaster is not available, or when you have to fight through interior corridors, you can continue your dominance over the alien hordes on foot. Most ground missions give you a reason to fight in and out of the tank. Mission three starts with gameplay inside a spaceship , then moves to an Arwing battle after all of the interior targets have been defeated. To take on the Assault, you have to be ready for anything.

*OUT-FOX THE APAROIDS*

The bugs are coming- swarms of them are descending on the Lylat System- and the Star Fox team is their only obstacle. When you're not attacking Aparoids, YOU"LL BE TAKING ON A TURNCOAT PIGMA DENGAR OR SPARRING WITH WOLf O"DONNELL'S TEAM. Star Fox: Assault marks a return to the franchise's action-packer roots with free-flowing space battles and ground wars that will rock your GCN. The stakes are high and the heat is on.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yeah, dodgy character design apart, I'm sure the game will be good. (or at least I hope.) They're making this sound like it's going to be the last Starfox game. !!!!

No! Don't do that!

Just when you thought no one could be more gay than Slippy...Namco presented us with the "New" Falco.
Hyuck hyuck hyuck...look at him sticking his pelvis out. At least he doesn't have a squeaky voice, be thankful for that.
I sort of like Falco's new lanky form. It suits him, but he still looks like a parrot.

and Fox has an egg head. EGG! FURRY EGG!! egg head, egg head, EGG HEAD!! Short snout, EGG HEAD!!

foxes snouts INCREASE in length with age. They're born with black fur and cat-like snouts. Is Fox somehow getting younger, or what?

Don Muffin

Smash Journeyman
This game is becoming flamingly Japanese.

I mean that in that there's no regard for what may seem homosexual or just plain weird. Most likely, great gameplay, but gamers will be too freaked out by the feline **** and queer parrot.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I think they screwed up the text on those new pictures. This is what the designers MEANT to say:

Fox McCloud
Team STARFOX: Humpty Dumpty

Falco Lombardi
Team STARFOX: Boy Band Member

Slippy Toad
Team STARFOX: Still Annoying

Krystal
Team STARFOX: TURBO SLUT

I've got problems with the character designs, can you tell? The gameplay better knock my socks off, otherwise Starfox will be another series that has bit the dust in my book.

Ugh, I just had a thought. If they make Super Smash Bros. 3, they'll use THESE character models as inspiration. Blech.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, Med was right... you are a bunch of homophobes.

And Falco is the sexiest parrot I'VE ever seen kthxbye :3 ******

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
Meh, Star Wolf is back, what else can I ask for =3

Also, the gameplay is like the old 64 one, with some things of SFA along with it like battle on foot, this is going to rock.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Back to the old Fox!

I'm loving the character renders, except Fox's egg-head, which kinda sucks.

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to contact my alien associates so they can
Is it just me, or has all hope for Star Fox left?

Star Fox 64 was great if not perfect.

I think they've strayed tooooo far from it. Sure the tank woot! It came back. That was the coolest thing. But now, you're on foot? Sorry, Nintendo, but I like the Dogfights sooooooo much better. C'mon, Fox wielding a bazooka....he "might" be strong....coughDOUBT ITcough, but he'll definitely get tired.

And am I the only one that hates Krystle or whatever the **** her name is?! That's one thing that stopped me from playing Adventures...

JUST BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD FASHIONED DOG FIGHTS!!! PULL AWAY FROM ADVENTURE PLEASE!!!!!!!

BA out

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
eh, Krystal wasnt that bad. but your right I'd rather them get back to the 64 format.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Oh for crying into a bucket, you can STILL HAVE DOGFIGHTS!!!
what's wrong with having some on-foot action? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Stuffing Fox into a box with wings for every game is a total waste of a very cool character. Come on, let that fox out of the box so he can kick arse.

Yay, Star Wolf! I hope he's playable, and I hope he looks alright. But that seems just too much to ask for.

Well at least we havn't come across any 100% origional Starfox characters from Namco, huh? What would that be? Probably a donkey who looks like a lizard.

And if they decide to incorporate these character models in SSB 3, (Super Smash Bros THrEElEE???!?!?) I will use Ness's foot stomp attack to pound Fox's head into its correct shape. At least we might be able to play as Krystal...they all you guys could beat her up!

And Star Fox 64 didn't have a level select. It needed one.

And finally, I want another Star Fox Adventures game, please. But this time, NINTENDO should be the ones making it.

(Imagines a Starfox Adventures game with a good storyline and cool-looking characters...and all the graphics are CELL SHADED, and the Arwing levels DON'T SUCK! and Krystal actually DOES SOMETHING! And the bag guy is not Andross for once, and the voices are perfect and the dialogue is not lame and Slippy gets chased by French people and you have to save him and you can duel to the death with rubber chickens dipped in soup...)

Yeah, in my dreams. That's almost as stupid as me hoping for another Earthbound.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
Originally posted by NESSBOUNDER

Slippy gets chased by French people and you have to save him and you can duel to the death with rubber chickens dipped in soup...)

What was that for. What ever.

Anyways. Ign and Gamespy both said that the game is starting to look very good. Even though the character models do suck pretty bad. The Arwing parts of the game look awesome while the running around part is solid. Now just if Namco could top it all off with a 4 person co - op main mode. Also a regular multiplayer. That would really kick arse.

Top Bottom