• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox Assault

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Origionally posted by Stopsign:

what was that for. Oh well.
Answer:
A. Because Star Fox isn't weird enough for me.

B. Because no game is weird enough for me.

C. You NEED that rubber chicken duel.

D. All of the above.

(just Joking.)

Heck, if I ever design a game, no-one would play it. (Unless you enjoy long-distance duck throwing championships.)

I'M GONNA DO THAT!! (runs to Flash MX)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, back on topic. If the ground levels are solid, then I'm happy. The concept seems great, and you wonder why it hasn't been done before. (It probably has.)

They should make Krystal be able to set people on fire with her BRAIN. Or turn them into squids.

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
56Kers, die!

Oh my God, this game is so going to shut your mouths!!

New pics posted on a french site (Lame IGN and Gspot PS2 lovers won't update it), man, wolf revealed, a new Character "panther".

Pigman.

GRAND THEFT STAR FOX!!! XD

Good old days -_-;

No comments....

She's trying at least =P

New guy in....wait, is he bad or good? who knows...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WHOA!! I take back what I said about Namco's origional character probably being stupid...

THAT PANTHER = COOL AS HECK!!

I dunno about Star Wolf, though...but I suppose he has gotten older, hasn't he? And is it me, or are Fox and Wolf teaming up or something? Fox is standing on the wing of the Wolfen, and it looks like he's about to do some sniping. Or has he just jumped out of his Arwing to try and punch Wolf across the face, shortening that snout even MORE!?

STOPPIT, FALCO!!!

I'd laugh if they included space volleyball minigames with Krystal. Or is that her psychic ball?

Actually, Fox looks alright in those pictures. It's probably just his best angle. Oh well, those shots don't say much for the graphics, though. They're kind of N64-ish, and picture #3 is obviously not an in-game shot or a cutscene.

One more thing about Fox that's always annoyed me...
His snout is just one colour. The top half should be brownish like his fur, and the bottom half where his mouth is should be white.

Is Fox a cross-breed or something?

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
WTF?! Panther?! No Cat?! No Bill?! We get this...Feline look-a-like?!

Now we're not gonna get to see that Cat and Falco relationship heat up.

My life is over.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
The way falco is dressing now, I dont think Cat would really get anything heated up even if she was in it. eh eh eh.

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Cyrahk
WTF?! Panther?! No Cat?! No Bill?! We get this...Feline look-a-like?!

Now we're not gonna get to see that Cat and Falco relationship heat up.

My life is over.
No Katt or Bill at the moment, not Nintendo neither Namco have revealed those two yet, could that mean that there might be some secrets?

Because I've managed to find that during the gamplay you will unlock some Namco classic games. This game is full of surprises, don't take it like you already did.

Falco's feet look like Amy Rose's feet. Seriously.

Black panther? W007. Can't wait to meet him.

Fox and Wolf teaming up? It could happen, I guess, if the Aparoids (bug things) are trying to destroy the Lylat system. Wolf didn't want it destroyed.

Vaztor

BRoomer
BRoomer
This game is looking freaking sweet. I cannot wait for this!

And...dont worry I dont think they'll forget about our old friends! I donno if its been mentioned but you also get to see Slippy's dad Beltino :p

But it's gonna be tight...I cannot wait for my birthday :D

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I donno if its been mentioned but you also get to see Slippy's dad Beltino :p
I think that's a joke because Slippy's dad should've been old like Peppy at that time. Plus Slippy's dad never appeared in a game.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, I went a bit overboard there.

I just wanted to see if anyone would reminisce with me about that Falco/Katt Relationship...

God if only Katt could see him now...

BTW: WTF was Bill? I thought he was a dog, or a mouse, or maybe...a do-use?

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna shoot myself.

Have you guys seen the briefings!?

The voice acting sucks soooooo much.

Of course I dunno if this is the Japanese version, and their english dubbers just suck ****, but seriously if this is the final version, I'm gonna shoot myself.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by Doom Fox
Because I've managed to find that during the gamplay you will unlock some Namco classic games.
Namco has confirmed that the Japanese version will contain three of their classic arcade games - Xevious, Star Luster and Battle City. It hasn't been confirmed whether or not the American title will also contain these.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Bahamut3585
I thought Bill was a squirrel.

'Course, I thought Falco was straight, too.
I'd have to say that Panther's a heckofa lot gayer than Falco is. Look at his pose! One hand on his hip, the other holding a rose?

Ugh.. I think this topic should contain a warning about these ****ty character designs (such as warning: may cause blindness).

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Cyrahk
I'm gonna shoot myself.

Have you guys seen the briefings!?

The voice acting sucks soooooo much.

Of course I dunno if this is the Japanese version, and their english dubbers just suck ****, but seriously if this is the final version, I'm gonna shoot myself.
Those won't be the final version voice actors, since the guy who made Falco's voice on Star Fox 64 died on a car accident, as for the other ones I still don't know about them, since there are not much of the game now.

Also, the official site is up, thanks to Nintendo Power.

www.starfox.com

Nice song on the site btw.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
You guys are ****ing losers. The panther guy could be just standing there straight with both arms down by his side and you'd still find it gay. Shut the **** up and just worry about the game and not the gay artwork.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I have to agree with Misto-Roboto, It's highly doubtful that Namco wanted the characters to be fruits. They were probably going for an ultra-stylised look, with the characters striking stylised poses to make them look...well...stylised! They could have wanted to show that the characters are in touch with thier feminine sides.

(But I think Falco has touched his feminine side just a bit too much...)

Seeing as Starfox has weird things like bird/cat relationships, I don't see why Panther's rose couldn't just be for Krystal?:eek:

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Misto-Roboto
You guys are ****ing losers. The panther guy could be just standing there straight with both arms down by his side and you'd still find it gay. Shut the **** up and just worry about the game and not the gay artwork.
What do you want us to do? Someone posted artwork and the character designs which will make their way into the "game" you want us to talk about, so we're gonna comment on them.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I just get tired of people being nit-picky bout a game. It's so ridiculous. Screw gameplay or that the renders are well done despite they might look gay to you. We all know an image of a game is what is important when it comes to playing[/sarcasm]

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Those look awesome...except Slippy.

Wolf looks just as coniving as ever.

Leon looks exactly like the snobish character he portrayed in SF64. And a felxible enough pelvis to match Falco.

Andew looks like the annoying smart dude as he should.

General Pepper looks weird too, but not as much so, but he wasn't the smoothest transformation yet.

And slippy...nice detail...but eww...

Better yet!

You know what would be awesome!

A re-rendered version of SF64...

But at least, I hope they have some mission in Assault that's very much like Area 6, because that had to be my favorite level.

EDIT: And yes, that is Andrew, his name is just Oikany now.

And apparently, in one mission he's in Andross's body, or his cyborg-body, since we all know he's just a brain basically.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Team Starwolf looks alright, I have to say.

Wolf looks acceptable IMO, but the same canine snout problem remains as is the case with Fox...SHORT SNOUTS!

Andrew is still fugly.

General Pepper is even fuglier (how old is he now?)

I actually think that that's the best Slippy model I've ever seen, although the pose is a little off.

Leon can get away with sticking his pelvis out like that, because he's a twisty, bendy chameleon (spelling?), and I think they want him to look creepy. He kind of reminds me of Voldo from SoulCaliburII in his third costume.

If you animalised Voldo, he'd turn into Leon.

Now let's just hope Leon doesn't fly through the air and hump people...

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
I agree with you NESS, Leon does reminds me of Voldo, heh.

I found the lastest renders (not graphics), of Star Wolf, in my self opinioin, wolf is okay, but I don't like how his head is shaped (That also applies to fox and falco IMO) Although Wolf's attitude seems to be badass. The Panther's name is "Panther Caluroso" (feeling the latino heat? =P), it will be interesting to know about this new guy, it seems that he's like the girl teasing guy. Anywho, the game looks awesome compared from what many ignorants still think, from what they've seen on E3 2k4, the game has changed a lot, and the gameplay will be awesome thanks to Namco's Ace Combat team, the feeling to the game will be good.

And yes, Panter is the newest Star Wolf member :D

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Is Panther replacing Andrew? Because I thought Andrew is replacing Andross plus even if Pigma is old I thought I saw a pic with him.

Zootematix

Artist formally known as ToadBanjoConker
BRoomer
Wolf is still by far my favourite Starfox character. He looks so badass in this game, so I'm happy.

I'm kinda confused as to what's happening with Pigma and Andrew too...I guess time will tell.

This game, though, is shaping up to be a LOT better than originally thought of, IMO.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I remember hearing something about Pigma being a freelancer now... Perhaps he'll pop up somewhere up we won't see art of him for awhile?

Nice new avvy, Ryan.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I hope Starwolf Team will be playable. They're much cooler than everyone in SF team except Fox himself. Whoa! Leon's new title: Killer! Assissination stealth missions with Leon, anyone? That would be awesome! Imagine that, he could blend into the background, crawl along the walls, drop poisoned rice into the snoring mouths of his sleeping victims...crawl around on his back and hump people into the air...

I've got to stop likening Leon to VOLDO!! Poor Leon! That's an insult!

And I think Pigma's detatched from Starwolf, and so has Andrew/Oikany. I think Andrew wants to destroy the Lylat system to avenge Andross or something. (Duh...)

Panther rocks. He's kick@ss. I bet he'll have a really lame voice, though.

Edit: oh, and I should have posted this earlier, but I'd just like to say the the renders are very well done, better than Rare's old SFA renders. They're much more clear and ShInEy. The character design, on the other hand...

Fox: oh, my, GAWD!! Another Slippy? Kill it!

I believe that would be Slippy's dad. If not, then probably his uncle.

Edit: oh, the picture doesn't work...well anyway, he's old and wears glasses.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Well, Andrew is Andross' nephew, I'd expect he'd try and avenge him.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Render of Pigma:

And Peppy:

Ugh, Pigma's ugly...

Peppy, on the other hand, looks cool! He's lost weight!

AND LOOK, EVERYONE!! A LEVEL SELECT!!

Doom Fox

Smash Rookie
I like Peppy, he, at least remained with a similar outfit like the old ones on the previous games....

And pigma...............

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Ugh, Pigma betrays Starfox and now he betrays Starwolf? That's just stupid. Also he looks stupid and even stupider with pink clothes. Peppy on the other hand looks okay.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I don't know if Fox is supposed to be annoyed, but I cracked up when I saw his look. It's exactly what I was doing when I first saw Slippy's dad.

Fox: "I should be EATING frogs, not flying with them..."

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
OMG IT'S BELTINO. That's the first time I saw a pic of him and I've only heard of him from Nintendoman71. He looks weird.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i just love the mustache, makes him seem hispanic or somethin

i just hope you are still able to play peppy ^^

Top Bottom