• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox Assault

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Re: I feel lost...

Originally posted by Ice_Climbers2
I'm pretty confused right now. I have just beaten the game on bronze and have viewed the ending. What happened here??? I am even more lost than I was at the begginning of the final boss fight. Where did James come from? How did Peppy survive? What was he flying in? How did Pepper get there? Where is the Star Wolf team? None of this is explained. The only thing we are left with is Fox saying everything is okey dokey. Did anyone else understand this? I realize that maybe a better ending could appear if I beat it on a harder level but that still doesn't explain this. Can someone with a higher understanding explain this to me cuz I'm not figuring it out.

Overall, it was an okay game. SF64 still holds its place as the best.
You weren't paying enough attention.

With the exception of Peppy surviving (Probably because it was like, only half way thru the thing, and then the shield seemed to keep one end from the other, so it looks like it could have been because the shield prevented them from getting the main explosion. Also he never says everyone is okay, he says it's certainly possible, however, nothing is certain. Then, the Queen was using their memories against them, like James McCloud, it was probably telepathic, I mean it did have to control an army.

Ice_Climbers2

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm a bit confused by your explenation. It was kinda choppy. Are you talking about that green shield that the Great Fox rams into? That blocked the explosion to save Peppy? Even if it did, weren't the Aparoids swarming the ship? Those would have surely gotten to Peppy and Rob. It also doesn't explained what they were flying in at the end. It clearly wasn't the Great Fox. Was that suppose to be a damaged version of it? The game never showed a good clear shot. That was a weak ending on Namco's part.

Or maybe I really did miss something. Did anybody else beat this game?

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
hmmm

here, let me explain:
The ship at the end was what I thought, an escape pod. Anyway, most likely as soon as radio contact was silenced, Peppy and Rob headed for the pod, and jetisoned.
hope that clears things up for you.

D

Deleted member

wtf fox walks on his own ********. On the other hand, the sidewalking without 2 sticks (halo reference) is very, very nice.

Turbos

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Misto-Roboto
Wow, this is by far the most blatant form of SPAM I've ever seen.
Well, I'm sorry that you're all alone in your opinion about my post. I was just pointing to a source of information.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
hmmm

Originally posted by Turbos
Well, I'm sorry that you're all alone in your opinion about my post. I was just pointing to a source of information.
An excellent source of information, I might add.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
From now on I guess I need to write out that I was joking about it being blatant SPAM when my own post saying it was , was SPAM.:rolleyes:

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
ahem!

And this is turning into a very spammy topic, if it keeps up, this whole topic may be closed! Back on topic people!

Although at first glance it appears Wolf has the best stats, it is, in fact, not true, Fox and Wolf have equal stats; you see, Wolf has 5 stars in Wolfen skill, only 2 in Arwing. Fox has 4 in both Arwing and Wolfen, so that's where things really even the 2 out.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Does anyone actually use single stick here? when youre short on time for the gold ground missions and you need to keep a combo going the single stick just doesnt cut it. Better yet, has anyone invested time in using the R for running controls? I find that way too hard.

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
hmmm

Originally posted by FalseFalco
Does anyone actually use single stick here? when youre short on time for the gold ground missions and you need to keep a combo going the single stick just doesnt cut it. Better yet, has anyone invested time in using the R for running controls? I find that way too hard.
I used C-stick for the first 2 missions, then I tried out vs. mode and worked with the other control setups. I found dual-stick annoying, so I used R is run mode. Amazingly, I found it extremely comfortable and easy to use. It's funny, just about everyone I've heard talking about SF:A says "r is run is way too hard." I can't seem to find anyone else who uses it! Heh. Anyway, single stick is probably the most useless of the 3 modes, mainly b/c you can aim and run at the same time, where as with dual-stick and r is run, you can run and aim at the same time.

Turbos

Smash Cadet
The only problem with R-Run is... you can only run forward, not backward. Sometimes and enemy will be comming straight at you, like the tank rolling thing, and running backwards and shooting is like... the only option 'cause it'll eventually run you down. With R-Run, you can't run backwards so you'd have to turn around and run away. Get what I'm saying?

Mewtwo is #1

Smash Lord
*shakes his head*

Originally posted by Turbos
The only problem with R-Run is... you can only run forward, not backward. Sometimes and enemy will be comming straight at you, like the tank rolling thing, and running backwards and shooting is like... the only option 'cause it'll eventually run you down. With R-Run, you can't run backwards so you'd have to turn around and run away. Get what I'm saying?
No, this is not correct. You can run backwards in R is run mode. All you have to do is hold down the L button and pull the control stick backwards. This will make him run backwards.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Hate to bump it here, but it says in the rules to use the search feature and not create clone topics
>_>

Anyhoo, was just wondering, I might buy this game, IGN gave it 7.0 so it isn't 'terrible', and the mix of land/air combat could work. I was wondering if I should give it a go. Any of you guys got it and recommend it?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
This is a great game, not the best starfox ever made. But definitely worth playing if not buying I'd say. In fact... I'm going to put my Assault Sig on!

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
let me put it this way; this game is utter crap compared to the very original Star Fox (on the SNES...but, then too, all the Star Fox games are lackluster when compared to the original), but it's not too bad of a game, really; I'd personally recommend it.

the artistic style of the game is a bit too Japanese, if you ask me (since Star Fox has always had a very heavy American overtone in its designs), but the bright colors and good effects make up for that...sorta.

Anyway, I'd recommend it, if for the multiplayer alone (if Nintendo would have made SFAs online capable, sales would have probably been awesome).

Stryks

Smash Hero
The game is great, I love it, unfortunelly I dont own it, but I ve played it numerous times:

Pros:
Great story, very dramatic
Most epic star wolf fight ever
Great cutscenes
Multiplayer is entertaining

cons:
On foot missions, just annoying
too short
Falco looks weird

Either way I recommend it...

Blazer

Smash Ace
This was an excellent game though lacking in length. I for one, actually enjoy the on-foot segments as well as the classic arwing rail levels. On foot could serve to be improved a lot though. I'd like to see another Star Fox game implement on-foot a bit better.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
The game is great, I love it, unfortunelly I dont own it, but I ve played it numerous times:

Pros:
Great story, very dramatic
Most epic star wolf fight ever
Great cutscenes
Multiplayer is entertaining

cons:
On foot missions, just annoying
too short
Falco looks weird

Either way I recommend it...
Sounds great then, the on-foot bits don't look too bad IMO.
Being honest though, I've never played the first two games, I had Adventures (which i'm re-buying) and that's about it. I can't wait to buy this now. ^_^

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Great game but rubbish compared to 64 and an uber hack SHL spammer compared to Command... (Or something but command was really rubbish!)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
It’s a shame not more people play this game. I felt the single player was good, but way too linear and short, the voice acting was pretty mediocre as well except for certain parts.

But the multiplayer is ridiculously strategic. So many advanced skills to hone that most people don’t even realize, simply because the game seems so much like a typical Nintendo “party” game, and because it features animals running around instead of “serious” people. The music also doesn’t help boost its image, except certain stages like Aparoid Homeworld or Zoness Sea Base. Regardless, this game is a blast to play with people that actually know advanced stuff, especially in teams, which is where the game really shines.

Top Bottom