• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox Assault

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Originally posted by Zeeky H Bomb
This game looks good. I don't care for the new Fox model though. I liked the Fox model in SSBM and Starfox 64 the best. I didn't like the model in SFA Before, but now that i see that it's just sharper, it's more appealing. But the fox model in THIS game looks like a diseased chia pet. Oh well, I will look into this game, I hope it's good though, because i thought SFA was the ****.
Guys trust me it will look much better than the screens shown here, lol.

Aparently the game has gotten bad reviews in Japan... This is kinda toubling for me... espacially after the last star fox game did so bad...

I'm still eager to buy it but I wonder will it be worth it... hmm... I'll go grab some articles or something (man I'm board...)

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
When in doubt, rent it out!

Seriously, whenever I'm a bit wary of a game, but I want to play it, I usually rent the game first, then if I like it, I buy it. I imagine that's what I'll do in this game, since Star Fox Adventures didn't do so good in comparison to Star Fox 64, which was the shiz-nite.

In Nintendo Power, I especially liked the screenshots of the multiplayer of Fox shooting down an Arwing, and the Landmaster Tank looks freakin' awesome! Perhaps they could make multiplayer something cool like Halo, and you can get out of your vehicle while someone's trying to shoot you down/out.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
After seriously checking out teh traliors, I am getting this game. concidering how well it looks already I know the game will be great. the levels and battle systems look to be very well thoughtout as well as charactor and veichle design (OMG, the new Arwing looks amazing)

Not only that but from what I've read the (more recently then the last post) the multi-player is very good as well as there are both co-op and free-for-all modes witch adds alot of depth to the game and its replay.

As for the Free-for-alls you can now get in and out of veichles in mid game. This I imagine will add lots of fun and skill as well as that little bit of luck.

And the part that scares people the most the on ground missions... To me they also look very well the action is always fast paced and enjoyable. maybe even on par with the air battles.

In any case I can't wait.

But one thing, fox... is it me or does his voice actor have a slight lysp...

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
In a way, I'm happy. First of all, it will save me $50 (that I would either save or use on another game... probably the latter). Secondly, if they need more time to work on it, then by all means take it. This is an important series they're handling. And it's not Star Fox adventures. It's a shooter, along the lines of SF64.

So please, delay the game to ensure its quality.

Keep in mind it's not confirmed because it's a rumor, though...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Originally posted by Zeeky H Bomb
yeah, I agree with you. After seeing how many times Megaman Anniversary collection was delayed, i believe they'll delay it into 2005.
lol, that wasn't nintendo but capcom who pulled that off.
I'm talking about games like Zelda: OoT, Mario Kart: DD!! I think, Nintendo is know for delaying games and systems repeditively even.
But the only thing nintendo had to do with Megaman Anniversary Collection was that it came out on their system. They don't own megaman or had a say on when it comes out.

Luckily nintendo is know for quality games and they will not let Starfox 2 be a disapointment espeacially after how poorly Starfox fans took to the last game. Of that you can be certian.

unlike a few other companies we know of...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
If memory serves, wasn't the last Star Fox game delayed a bunch? I think I remember waiting longer than I expected for SFA, maybe i should have taken the hint. I don't know if that counts though, since Rare developed the last one and isn't this one. Who is developing this one (i forget)? Namco? Didn't the big N develop OoT and Mario Kart:DD? Now, if we're talking publishing, then i understand, but i don't think publishers have much to do with delays. Unless i'm wrong. In which case, nevermind.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Namco is creating the game. It could've been delayed for a number of reasons, it wasn't finished yet, the delay could give a graphical boost, Nintendo requested they spend more time, refining it, etc.

Starfox Adventures was delayed several years, actually. It was first being worked on by Rare and had nothing to do with Fox McCloud and crew. But their antagonist looked like Fox, so they decided to turn it into a Starfox game. It was originally for Nintendo 64, to give you an idea of how long it was in developement. It came out several years later on the Gamecube.

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Personally I can see an upside. Nintendo always delay but at least they're making sure its just right! I mean, I wish they would have delayed Mario Sunshine. That game could use a lot more effort. By keeping us waiting they also build more anticipation in a way. Those who lose interest because it takes too long can get stuffed. Nintendo doesnt make games for losers like that. :p Maybe a little harsh, but hey, we all know they make some really awesome games.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Originally posted by The rAt
If memory serves, wasn't the last Star Fox game delayed a bunch? I think I remember waiting longer than I expected for SFA, maybe i should have taken the hint. I don't know if that counts though, since Rare developed the last one and isn't this one. Who is developing this one (i forget)? Namco? Didn't the big N develop OoT and Mario Kart:DD? Now, if we're talking publishing, then i understand, but i don't think publishers have much to do with delays. Unless i'm wrong. In which case, nevermind.
Yes nintendo did make the games I mentioned and yes Namco is doing this one, but Nintendo is working very closely with them on this project. (like for example how they worked with Retro Studio's for metriod prime, ocationally checking and give sugestions... and comands)

SabreAnt, yeah I'm sure your right. Hopefully this set back will be giving us more game play or better conrols or something. (graphics look great already)

If this doesn't prove to be just a rumor, than I am certian that nintendo felt the game need a small boost somewhere and that we will now be getting more than our money's worth.

did I mention I'm getting this no matter what?

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but IGN seems to think that the emphasis for this StarFox game will be on multiplayer. Remember some other "multiplayer-first" games Nintendo released this year alone? *Cough, Cough Custom Robo and Mega Party Games*

Personally, I'm only going to be psyched back up if Nintendo starts to make the game have a more "you're not alone in this" feel. I saw that one screenshot with the many fighters, and that's what I want. I want to have massive battle stages (sort of like Rogue Squadron, only with lots more on your side and a little bit more for the enemies).

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by McFox
Namco is creating the game. It could've been delayed for a number of reasons, it wasn't finished yet, the delay could give a graphical boost, Nintendo requested they spend more time, refining it, etc.
Or to fill a void in their 2005 release calendar...

Starfox Adventures was delayed several years, actually. It was first being worked on by Rare and had nothing to do with Fox McCloud and crew. But their antagonist looked like Fox, so they decided to turn it into a Starfox game.
Or because they knew it would sell more if it had the Starfox name attached to it.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
Star Fox 2 Not Delayed...or at least Nintendo says...

Word from Nintendo over from the people at Warp Pipe say that Star Fox 2 has not been delayed for 2005, and will in fact, be released at an estimated time of November 2004.

Please note that this isn't guaranteed or an official claim yet, but that is what Nintendo says in the peoples' emails. Since it's not official, the only source of this is over in a topic at Warp Pipe, located here.

Not only the release date is news to people, but many people are also pushing for LAN-capable Star Fox. Loads of people have e-mailed Nintendo about LAN, and it seems as though they've acknowledged the cries for this feature. Again, nothing's been confirmed about this, but we can hope for the best, eh?

BTW, sorry if somebody posted all this awhile back, I just didn't bother looking back through the topic.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey MK, you do realize that you spelled "Assault" wrong in the topic's title, right? o_o

However I agree with you on the boxart. It' snot bad or anything, but it could be alot nicer. Ah well, at least we're getting a real StarFox game. (not that I hated Star Fox Adventures, it just wasn't... starfox-like. At all.)

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Kid Icarus
I really want to be into it, and I most likely will get it when it is released later this year, but right now it looks to be one big BORE.
Later THIS year? This game doesn't come out until February.

Any ties to Adventures should be severed, and by ties I mean Krystal, and by severed I mean murdered at the hands of Slippy Toad himself.
I agree that there shouldn't be much or anything from Star Fox Adventures; they shouldn't have even mentioned that it took place years after averting total chaos on Dinosaur Planet ;). The only problem is that they need a new filler character (Let's face it, Peppy's getting too old to pilot), and the only one that's really young and somewhat skilled enough is Krystal. The game COULD do without her, but apparently Nintendo sees a reason to keep her in the Star Fox series.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about Bill and Katt, they're both alright.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
HAHAHA you spelled Assault wrong MK. Anyways I think they should have kept the design of the Arwing and Landmaster the way it was in Starfox 64 or SSBM. I think Fox really needs his headset and that Falco looks very weird in this game O_o'.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
screw all of you guys mocking my spelling!!

I understand you Kid Namco hasn't exactly shown a breathtaking Star Fox but rather an underwhelming presentation due to the crappy graphics. But if the game just follows the old Star Fox formula, which it looks to do, then expect this game to rock your socks off!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
All this griping about SFA is understandable, but don't let's go on about it. Sure, SFA was short and lamish, but I didn't really mind it all that much. In fact, I really enjoyed it! I think Fox McCloud deserves better than just shooting games, because he really is a very cool character. Look at Mario! He does everything from playing tennis to painting stuff! I actually don't see why everyone hates Krystal so much. Was it that language she spoke? Her formerly skanky outfit? To me, she's just an extra character who was disappointingly unplayable (for most of the time) in SFA. Now that the skanky is gone, I can't see anything wrong with her. Perhaps they's make her an ultra stylishly awesome fighter in SF: Assault?

I think the graphics are looking better. I don't know if LAN would really help the game, unless you could have like...Twenty players on one stage at a time. (whOAh!! Dogfights everywhere!!)

Namco, please un-lame the characters in StarFox! No corny dialogue, please!

And what's up with that title?...I saw that and I thought "WTF? What on earth are those fur freaks up to now?!?!"(but I have to admit, that's really funny. Good one.)

Afterthought: furries make me angry.

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Andross has been the endboss all the times now right? He's starting to get boring, they should get a different endboss for once and throw in Andross in the next one, like Star Wolf or Andrew or best of all, someone new.

Also, the multiplayer I played wasn't that spectacular for me, atleast from what i've seen is that it's not balanced, plus it plays slowly. I like fastpaced games like Time Splitters 2 and SSBM. Plus it's just way too irritating using a landmaster against an arwing.

All that I really want is Star Fox 64 levels but ten times bigger, more enemies and more levels, plus the game harder when talking about bosses :).

I take personal offense to that, Ness. Why do furries (I'm a Furry fan/artist myself) make you mad? And if you do, why are you here in a game about anthropomorphs?

Originally posted by CerbKirby
Oh yeah, I forgot about Bill and Katt, they're both alright.
There were two other characters in the scrapped SNES sequel to StarFox named Miyu (looks like a tigress maybe?) and Fay (a poodle with a red hair bow). Wonder if we can unlock 'em, and Bill and Katt.

Also, I hope Falco is as strong in SFA as he was in SSB:M. I kick major tail with Falco.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
How is she any less skanky looking now Ness? Have you seen this picture?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Shadow Master Mewtwo, I'm not sure I understood. I have nothing at all against anthropomorphation (? is that right?) at all, in fact, it's perhaps one of my personal favourite styles of cartooning. It's the furry PRON that makes me angry.

The body suit isn't that skanky...but she is. DARN IT, NAMCO! YOU'RE NOT MAKING THINGS BETTER!

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
If ou look at the picture from far away the suit looks like she is barely wearing anything.... if that ain't skanky, then ****, I need to go look at something really skanky... like Peppy....heh

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master

...It all depends on what you're thinking about at the time...:p

Does anyone alse think they effed up Fox's head?....it looks like he's been punched in the face...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
His skull should be flatter, his ears should be further back on his head. (NAMCO! STUDY CANID ANATOMY MORE!!) Apart from that, I don't think he looks too bad. (I don't care if he doesn't have a helmet, I actually like him better without it.)

Misto-Roboto, the epitome of skanky is Ivy from Soul Calibur II. WEH!! :eek:

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Seriously, what is up with his head? I agree with you all. It looks like bad fanart or something.

Hmm, i'll have to check out some new multimedia for this game, i haven't seen any in quite a while, i want to get excited for it. Saying that i love Lylat Wars is a huge understatement, they had seriously better do this series justice.

Top Bottom