• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexy Southern Utah

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Tsuteto? Soon to be missionary from Salt Lake. It's best to just ignore him, so you never have to miss the kid.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
GAH!!! four days, and nobody's even written anything here. If I don't write something new now, this is going to bother me for the rest of the day. Where is everybody anyways? :confused:
Eh, people are busy. There isn't much going on in the smash world in Southern Utah, and I'm not even down there, but we will be the end of this month.

SOAForever

Smash Cadet
Even once school is out, it's not going to matter for me. All i know is that when summer starts, I'm going to start working full time. I'll be stuck in the same rut timewise as I am now...:urg:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Eh, people are busy. There isn't much going on in the smash world in Southern Utah, and I'm not even down there, but we will be the end of this month.
Eh, can you give me exactly what dates? I'm going to start working at Tuacahn from 12-12, starting Monday, until June. :( Maybe we can just get lunch or something?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, can you give me exactly what dates? I'm going to start working at Tuacahn from 12-12, starting Monday, until June. :( Maybe we can just get lunch or something?
Well, we're coming down on the 23rd, then we'll probably leave sometime in the morning on the 26th. Buzz has to be back for work. -_-

SOAForever: Well, I think this further proves you have to have a life outside of forums. ;)

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Eep, scratch that. She just got back from CO with a bad disease that attacks liver, spleen, lungs, and throat >_< not cool. Also, very contagious, think I'll stay away from her for a while - that's what phones are for. You'll probably see Ben Atkin though, he's in it. Plays as one of the leading roles.

SOAForever

Smash Cadet
Yeah, we'll just have to get lunch or something. St. George got an In-n-Out!
It's true! it's around exit 10, in the proximity of best buy, can't miss it. Plus, it's been around long enough now that the lines aren't freakishly long anymore!:)

it's about time they put the place there too. The crossed palm trees that symbolize In-n-Out had been there as long as I could remember...

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
The PVHS Brawl Tourny was a large success. Jacob Hughes took first place (not surprising) along with his partner from Dixie, Tim somethingorother. I was surprised to see how many players showed up to play, there were at minimum 32 players, if not more in attendance, and those were just high schoolers. Imagine what the turn-out would be if we had advertised the tournament in the local papers @_@

Sonic_keyblade

Smash Apprentice
Thats a good tournament. Oh an BTW MLG made Brawl one of the games they play as sport. So... Ya.

Anybody here have a 360?

MalignanceManifested

Smash Rookie
PVHS tourney.

Hey, i agree that the pvhs tourney was really fun. alot of people did show up. I was the only one there who played Link, My name is Ryan. I think i took third place with my friend jon who was marth.

"Jacob hughes took first place (not surprising)"

If that was the kid who played pikachu, yeah its not surprising that he won, because he spammed two moves the whole time. its not hard to win with pikachu if you use those two moves. It was very upsetting to see such a lack of skill that was plainly obvious to everyone (hence the crowd yelling STOP THE SPAMMING). I hate to be a whiner but really a two year old could spam those two moves and probably do a decent job. I was really looking forward to fighting the Ike/Shiek team who eventually went forward. i was actually looking forward to a match of skill. But no...Instead what we got was an imbalanced joke. I hate to whine...But in the end it was a really good experience. Jon and I are looking for more tournaments so if you guys could let me in on some info then please inform me.
oh by the way i want to know the team who played ike and shiek, they had alot of good coordination and i'm hoping to offer them a match.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Welcome to the Southern Utah thread, Malignance and Shandon! If you wanna play the best Brawler in Southern Utah, just send me a PM! I went to PineView too... though I'm gettig old now. I'm 20. =/

If that was the kid who played pikachu, yeah its not surprising that he won, because he spammed two moves the whole time. its not hard to win with pikachu if you use those two moves. It was very upsetting to see such a lack of skill that was plainly obvious to everyone (hence the crowd yelling STOP THE SPAMMING). I hate to be a whiner but really a two year old could spam those two moves and probably do a decent job.
This is where your biggest flaw is, right here. if it was such a plainly obvious tactic, then you should have been able to dodge it every time, instead of running into it like a raging bull.

There's NO such thing as cheap in Super Smash brothers. Just mind games, and tactic.

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Holay crap look at all the new names. :laugh:
Anyway, Ryan, my advice to you is to play against a level 9 pikachu with your best character and a fast character. Personally, I train only against Pikachu now, and I've found that doing so has made me quite adept at playing as Fox, which has always been a problematic character for me to play as because of his "loosey-goosey" fighting style.

MalignanceManifested

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Southern Utah thread, Malignance and Shandon! If you wanna play the best Brawler in Southern Utah, just send me a PM! I went to PineView too... though I'm gettig old now. I'm 20. =/

This is where your biggest flaw is, right here. if it was such a plainly obvious tactic, then you should have been able to dodge it every time, instead of running into it like a raging bull.

There's NO such thing as cheap in Super Smash brothers. Just mind games, and tactic.

There's NO such thing as cheap in Super Smash brothers. Just mind games, and tactic."

MalignanceManifested

Smash Rookie
"This is where your biggest flaw is, right here. if it was such a plainly obvious tactic, then you should have been able to dodge it every time, instead of running into it like a raging bull.

There's NO such thing as cheap in Super Smash brothers. Just mind games, and tactic."

hm you play as Wolf right? good choice of character. anyways. yeah, i was expecting someone with sense to say that. you would think that would be the obvious thing to do and i was dodging all i could. but this was a 2v2 tourney, and pikachu's move's were really hard to dodge especially since my Team mate was down and i was fighting two people, (the other being marth, so when you connect the dots i am going against 2 extremely fast characters) i did really good against them though i get them both down to their last lives all by myself. And you know maybe i could accept that smash bros didnt have a cheap twist to it, but it is sort of imbalanced in a couple ways. I could easily beat pikachu one on one, i know this for a fact. and as for whoever said the best advice is to play against a level 9 pikachu...thats alright, but i think the only real way to get better is to fight against a real person, they arent as you know....predictable as a CPU and they have their own playstyle. the cpu and player are two COMPLETELY different styles. Thats why i usually beat people who play marth most the time. marth is a really popular character and i've played against countless pro marths, he's just really easy to read now. But still in reference to pikachu i dont think spamming 2 moves is the exact definition of "skill". But thank you for the welcome, really the last thing i wanted was for people to flame me....I was just expressing a common view from my standpoint and other people who were there.

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
Wanna play against real teams? Come to the north side and we'll show you what real smash is all about babe ;)

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
Well the better players are located in the Orem, Springville area (wattup son). It's about an hour or so from Salt Lake so not too shabby.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Salt Lake has some of the best players in the state, but they haven't played me in Brawl yet. ;)

I'm the self proclaimed Brawler in Southern Utah until further notice. Wanna challenge that? ;)

Jovey4

Smash Apprentice
Salt Lake has some of the best players in the state, but they haven't played me in Brawl yet. ;)

I'm the self proclaimed Brawler in Southern Utah until further notice. Wanna challenge that? ;)
No! Nope! I'm fine being self-proclaimed supreme Disney Dork of Southern Utah.

MalignanceManifested

Smash Rookie
rofl xsyven you live in washington? dude we should totally set up a time to duel or something or just play for fun. i really want to play against you if your "the proclaimed best in so. utah" i'll have to see for myself (i'm no doubting you or anything). But yeah man if your up for it we should do that.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm extremely busy with work for the next week and a half.

And holy crap, you live in Bloomington Hills? North or South? I used to live on Vermillion.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, Xsyven you were in Washington? Why didn't you tell us you moved! That is where Kelly and I were during Memorial Day weekend!

And yeah, sorry we never called. We were busy with family stuff. :(

Top Bottom