• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexy Southern Utah

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
THIS SCENE IS DEAD EXCEPT FOR ME SO HI.

Welcome to the Sexy Southern Utah thread! I found it necessary to break from the REAL Utah thread because of obvious transportation issues.

Southern Utah has an extremely small Smash scene, but we pack a powerful punch!

Anyone who might have meandered into this thread, welcome. If you're from St. George, or other southern Utah cities, let us know! We could use some more good players!

Our HQ is in St. George, seeing that it's the biggest city in the south half of the state.

----------------------------------------------------------

St. George is the crossroads of the southwest smash scene-- having hosted 19 people in one weekend, we know what we're doing.

To those of you who aren't from St. George, and are passing through on your way to a random tournament elsewhere, don't be afraid to let us know you want to smash! We'll probably provide you with housing for one night, and a bit of fun on the side.

If you're wondering how long it'd take to get here, here are some simple timeframes.

To get to St. George, From:

Northern California/Portland, Oregon - 14 Hour drive
Phoneix Arizona/Boise Idaho - 7 hour drive
So. Cal - 6 hour drive
Northern Utah - 4 hour drive
Las Vegas - 2 hour drive

So, as you can see, we're not too far away from a lot of good scenes. Post here if you might drive through!

Current Tournaments:

We do unnoficial bi weeklies at Devin's house. His account on Smashboards is AHotGreasedUpJigglyPuff 4 Lovin'. PM him or me to get details.

------------------------------------------------------------

Past tournament results:

February 10th, 2007
March 24th, 2007
March 31st, 2007 (USC2, Salt Lake City)

ajSpades

Smash Rookie
More Southern Utah Smashers

Oh yeah! Over here in Kanab (1.5 hours from St. George) is at least myself and my best friend. Just got onto the Smashboards but have been playing SSBM since it came out. Right now we are looking into going to the SSBM tournament at AnimeVegas. The links we have found are:

http://members.cox.net/vicko/frame.htm
http://animevegas.com/events.php#vgames

So we'll be occupied this weekend, but send me a message and we'll see what happens.

Do you really think we should leave friday afternoon? I mean, what are we going to do when we actually get up there? Nickle-cade? Trash Nicki's car?

And yes, this message is intended for all two members of St. George smash scene.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
lengeta, most of them are really new at the game. Only 4, maybe 5 would even stand a chance up north. We just invite them to make the tournaments more fun!

Devin, if we leave Friday after you and Taylor and Jacob get out of school, that'd be at around two, then we'd drive to FTS's, get there at around 5 or 6, play for a few hours, then crash somewhere. The next day, we can play at wherever, go to the tournament, go clubbin', then crash somewhere, then go to conference, then leave.

Ancient_Shadow

Smash Cadet
The barren desert of St. George, Utah-land of foot
No clubbin for us underage fools :(

So are we really going to conference? I thought you guys couldn't get a hold of tickets?
I would like to go play at FTS's house. Then I can get a bit more practice in before the tournament.

BTW My Bleau Two is a bipolar meth addict who is in serious need of some medication.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Bleau Two? So now it's French?

I don't know about the clubbin'. We'll have to have an official meeting before the trip.

As for conference, we're going to attempt to scalp tickets. If that doesn't work, we'll just watch it on TV somewhere, or perhaps listen to the radio, or if worse comes to worst, we can just pretend like we did.

I already talked to FTS about stopping by his house on the way, he said it was a maybe, but definately leaning towards a yes. If he says no, we're stopping by anyway. Let's just hope he doesn't check this thread. >>

Ancient_Shadow

Smash Cadet
The barren desert of St. George, Utah-land of foot
Don't you love the french. They've got fries and unshaved pits!
I'm too lazy to haxxor my internet filter so I'm spamming up this thread instead:

If you guys can't get tickets, couldn't we just drive home sat after the tourny. My mom's a stickler about my "salvation" so she's kinda stubborn on the subject. If not I guess I can work something out.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Well, the last tournament we went to was during the last session of conference-- and after we got our ***** handed to us, we pretty much got bored and left.

I don't want to do a two-day sort of thing. Three days is SO much more fun. My mom said it's really easy to find some nice scalped tickets.

We'll have a sort of meeting on wednesday. Expect a call from me or Devin.

Nate wants to hit something up friday night, so I was thinking about dropping the kiddies off at the neighbors or something. You should come and absorb the atmosphere, or go to a nickle-cade. Either way its my car so big fat smiles ^________________^.

And perhaps we may come home saturday... that is if we get owned and bored again ( a dangerous mix at best). All these items shall be tabled until the gathering.

BTW what is Jacobia's trip status?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
The thought of you at a club intrigues me.

We'll talk about it on Wednesday, I don't want to come home Saturday, and no idea about Jacob.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So, pretty much, we sex'd up SLC with our sexiness.

Low tier teams, Bleau_Two and Jacob got third, AHotGreasedUpJigglyPuff 4 Lovin' and Jeyt(SLC) got second!

Low tier singles ... I don't really remember.

Teams, AHotGreasedUpJigglyPuff 4 Lovin' and I got third... out of five.

Singles, Bleau_Two and Jacob got in a 4 way tie for ninth, Devin got in a two way tie for 7th, and I got in 4th!

So pretty much, I'm the best smasher out of all y'all.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
That's because Southern Utah is known to have sexy pits, threads, AND names!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I have family that lives in Hurricane, not too far from St. George if I remember correctly. If I am ever going through this summer, I'd definitely play with you guys.
Yeah, Hurkin is like, 5 or 10 minutes away. Definately give us a PM if you stop in!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I added the results of the SLC tournament that we all went to on the first post.

May I remind you, that I did the best out of ALL OF YOU!

YOU MAY BE THE BEST HERE, DEVIN... but in SLC, I'm the sexiest southern Utahn!

And Sizzle, if you do come this summer, bring your Triwing screwdriver. Couldn't help but notice your title says that you paint controllers.

I want to paint a controller.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oh, did you? Well, we'll try it ourselves first. Because I'm just one excited beaver.

Anywho, when do you think you'd be in Hurkin?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Psh. Way to go and get me all excited and junk.

Ask your folks something like "So, when do you think we're going to Hurkin this summer?"

I'm tired of being the best. I need some competition.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Come to AZ for a tourney sometime. We have lots of good competition here and it isn't a bad drive at all from where you are. With that said I'll see when I could be up there the soonest.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Next Saturday: I'm working from 4 till 10.

So I got bored, and made this:

Popo's coat is Orange... and so is Jigglypuff.

Top Bottom