• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Off-Topic: Man, if every track turns out like the ones we've heard so far, Brawl just may have the best soundtrack of all time.
Quote of the day/month/year/lifetime. Ah **** it.

Oh, and Stryks, write a book lol. Nice ideas.

Impact Crater arena? Anyone else think that would be aweome? Like if it was raining, and could jump aroudn on the pillars...

*fangasm*

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, Saria's Song is also in a way Young Link's song... or rather, Lost Woods Song. Or Kokiri Song. ... anyway.

I stand by the fact that Sakurai wouldn't get our hopes up.
Just look at how we haven't seen anything of Yoshi yet, but we have a stage and we have a song... it's like he's trying to indirectly confirm the cute little dragonsaur.
Now, we have a song, and it's about another cute little...

And yeah, no kidding about the soundtrack. It'll be amazing. Even this guy I know who's all into experimental music and has an internet radio and literally lives music likes the songs so far, and he's **** hard to please. o_0

PS:
@Luke: I do what I can. ^^

Samochan

Smash Master
Why would there specifically be Ridley boss theme arragement music on Brawl if there is no Ridley on it in some form? ^^ Either we might get those mini-bosses or Ridley is sooo gonna be in as a playable character, though I hope both.

*bounces around, listening to the awesome music*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Why would there specifically be Ridley boss theme arragement music on Brawl if there is no Ridley on it in some form? ^^ Either we might get those mini-bosses or Ridley is sooo gonna be in as a playable character, though I hope both.

*bounces around, listening to the awesome music*
'agrees wholeheartedly while doing the exact same thing'

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Ridley will be in the game in SOME form. It'd be BIZARRE for Sakurai to choose Ridley's theme music, KNOWINGLY know and directly acknowledge that it's Ridley's theme music, and then have that music in the game but not.... have.... Ridley somewhere in there. That'd be just plain STRANGE.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
Ridley will be in the game in SOME form. It'd be BIZARRE for Sakurai to choose Ridley's theme music, KNOWINGLY know and directly acknowledge that it's Ridley's theme music, and then have that music in the game but not.... have.... Ridley somewhere in there. That'd be just plain STRANGE.
Agree, besides, remembering Ridley showing off in the intro of melee? http://ssbm.detstar.com/screengallery/samus_ridley.jpg
They probably wanted 2 put him in back then already but ran out of time or something like that

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
First of all, where are any of you getting this "second most requested character" thing from? Counting up from the Toukoken, the top 3 spots belong to Diddy, Geno, and King DeDeDe. I don't think Ridley was even in the top ten there.
You're wrong. He was tied for second place with Ike, Geno and Diddy Kong. Each had four definite mentions. SOURCE HERE.

This is remarkable because Metroid is not popular in Japan. Sakurai likes Metroid, and has gone on the record saying he wants to add more Metroid characters. This, coupled with his stated desire to expand the airgame, makes Ridley a logical fit. After all, he's one of the few Metroid characters who has a following in Japan, and he flies. He's too perfect, really, and for whatever mysterious reason *wink wink*, he was already resized and reproportioned to be smaller and more humanoid in the Melee intro.

Second, a character's theme does not confirm that character. Remember, Saria's Song was in Melee. I suppose now you're going to present me with another overly-long theory about why you believe Saria was originally planned for Melee, like so many of you so often do to prove a point?
Of course, "Saria's Song" was a level's alternate theme. Sakurai tacked the subtitle "Ridley's Theme" onto the original Metroid's "Boss Battle" track, and emphasized Ridley as Samus' arch-nemisis. He's clearly promoting Ridley as Metroid's "other" character. Pickings are slim for new, globally popular Metroid characters. Ridley's the only other choice with the Prime games tanking in Japan.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Ridley (Who wouldn't?), he would definately fit, his size could be cut down, and he has the moves, popularity and background, whats stopping them?
But this update doesn't completely confirm he's in. It'll probably just be the soundtrack to the Metroid stage, or one of them at least. The soundtrack may hint at his inclusion, but nothing more.

Fawriel

Smash Master
If anyone would like me to, I'll draw some sketches of how Ridley could fit into Brawl to use against people who think he'd look awkward.
Interested?
( I'm horribly lazy, so I need some incentive to work on stuff. D= )

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Ridley (Who wouldn't?), he would definately fit, his size could be cut down, and he has the moves, popularity and background, whats stopping them?
But this update doesn't completely confirm he's in. It'll probably just be the soundtrack to the Metroid stage, or one of them at least. The soundtrack may hint at his inclusion, but nothing more.
Untrue, we discussed this part a long time ago... Another reason why Ridley would be in the game. Sakurai said the newcomers will be some of the trophies back in melee, except from 3rd party chars. As you all probably know, Ridley was a trophy as well...

Neiteio

Smash Cadet
Untrue, we discussed this part a long time ago... Another reason why Ridley would be in the game. Sakurai said the newcomers will be some of the trophies back in melee, except from 3rd party chars. As you all probably know, Ridley was a trophy as well...
I'd like to believe you, but could you provide a source proving that Sakurai said the part I underlined?

- Neiteio

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@fire fox x
maybe you are thinking of kraid. because that is horribly wrong about ridley. because ridley fits perfectly, unlike your opinion on this thread. i think we have found one of the few wrong opinions.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
If anyone would like me to, I'll draw some sketches of how Ridley could fit into Brawl to use against people who think he'd look awkward.
Interested?
( I'm horribly lazy, so I need some incentive to work on stuff. D= )
yeah dude i support this. give the unbelievers a chance to feel stupid (although in this thread, we ALL think their stupid, but they don't know yet)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Whew. Thanks. I was already about to initiate pouting mode.
Alright then, I shall do my best!

I guess I'll have to draw one shot comparing him to Samus during a fight...
Hmm...
What poses are there that people might find awkward?

Fawriel

Smash Master
In a neutral position, they should just stretch into the fore- and background so they don't give him unneeded extra space to be attacked.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
fifty cents a smore!
kirby flavored! jiggly flavored!
fifty cents a smore!

homemade smores, as made by ridley himself!
(puffbals were harmed in the making of these smores)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom