• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
weird. anyway...

i always pictured ridley's wings folded in neutral position and out when he flies, like how metaknights wings only come when he jumps and stuff. i said somewhere before that his tail should curl by his feet, and should move when he attacks with it or when he flies. i dunno something like that

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
The update for the Brawl website today was a remix of Ridley's themesong. This assures that we are getting a new Metroid stage, and is the biggest hint toward Ridley we've gotten yet.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
i just wanted to add something more to the doubters concerning saria's song. it is a ridiculous comparison to make to ridley's theme music we got. saria's song is entitled the way it is mainly because saria teaches it to link. while it clearly is relevant to saria specifically (follow the sound through the woods to reach her) it isnt solely attributed to her. the song is basically the theme to the lost woods. it is most likely used in melee as a reference to the beginning young link's adventure (as it appears on a young link themed stage). ridley's theme song by comparison is only ever heard while fighting the great insectoid space dragon himself. it may have startedout differently (sakurai's quote, "the site of fierce battles" made me think in the first one it was general boss music or something, never played the original metroid) currently however, it pertains only to riddles.

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
i just wanted to add something more to the doubters concerning saria's song. it is a ridiculous comparison to make to ridley's theme music we got. saria's song is entitled the way it is mainly because saria teaches it to link. while it clearly is relevant to saria specifically (follow the sound through the woods to reach her) it isnt solely attributed to her. the song is basically the theme to the lost woods. it is most likely used in melee as a reference to the beginning young link's adventure (as it appears on a young link themed stage). ridley's theme song by comparison is only ever heard while fighting the great insectoid space dragon himself. it may have startedout differently (sakurai's quote, "the site of fierce battles" made me think in the first one it was general boss music or something, never played the original metroid) currently however, it pertains only to riddles.
The thought of a minor character from a 10 year old game making an appearance in Brawl seems pretty idiotic, anyway.

I think Ridley has some touchdown somewhere... but Saria...? Hell, even Sheik probably won't return... we have Twilight Princess now. I'm really surprised some of these characters even have fans honestly thinking they'll make it in. Like Sora. Psh, yeah, I don't think so.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
no, i really meant i wasn't offended. that wasn't sarcasam, though i apolgize if it sounded like it, as i can't type my tone of voice, so it was my bad.
this thread is too long to read, i didn't either when i started.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
oh this music makes me all wet inside! I wonder what kind of Metroid related thing this music will go to?? Also, I would love to think that the Ridley boss battle theme is suggestive that Ridley will be a new fighter in Brawl. I was a little sad that they didn't put Ridley in Melee, so I would be so f*ckin stoked if he makes it into Brawl! I can't really think of too many other characters that seem like better choices. Hurray for Ridley!

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
To the posters claiming the song has never been played anywere else...

that's actually incorrect.

The battle theme was played at the end escape sequence and SA-X fight of Metroid Fusion, clearly after the fight with Ridley.

A side note, maybe they'll put in Meta-Ridley XD

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
See..see that spoon there? Do you know what you do with it? Hold it...and shove it up yo' ***. Allll the way up.
How mature. You put ridley fans to shame know that? No, I doubt you do. After seeing that post, I doubt you know anything other then how to act like a complete moron. It says "BOSS Battle" on the smash dojo site.

@fire fox x
maybe you are thinking of kraid. because that is horribly wrong about ridley. because ridley fits perfectly, unlike your opinion on this thread. i think we have found one of the few wrong opinions.
Oh really now? Ridley was always a boss in the Metriod series correct? As for my opinion? It's a free world, therefor I am able to speak my opinion whether it fits this thread or not.

Believe it or not, I want Ridley playable as much as the next guy. I'm just simply stating whats more logical to actually happen.

kaid

Smash Master
Why is it more likely that Sakurai would make a character model as complicated and as popular as Ridley, give it moveset, animations, hitboxes, and music... and then make it something you only see a few times as you go unlocking all the characters?

Giga Bowser was a Bowser clone. If Meta Ridley's a boss, he'll be a Ridley clone.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
Why is it more likely that Sakurai would make a character model as complicated and as popular as Ridley, give it moveset, animations, hitboxes, and music... and then make it something you only see a few times as you go unlocking all the characters?

Giga Bowser was a Bowser clone. If Meta Ridley's a boss, he'll be a Ridley clone.
Yeah, but remember some ppl managed 2 play with Giga-bowser? They did it with that cheating-device right? Same as playing with crazy/masterhand. So I think you've a good point there, nevertheless Sakurai mentioned he wanted 2 give us more (playable) bad-guys, so it may seem that Ridley is in I don't think meta-ridley will though.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Here, I dig up a post of mine from the Smashbros.com thread...

"You play Story Mode or something with Samus. At the end, you are in a scary, dark arena with fire and rocks and crap.
You encounter Meta-Ridley. He's like a mix between Giga Bowser and Master Hand.
You defeat him, he falls to the ground, his armor breaks and explosions are everywhere.

The battle is over.
A new challenger is approaching.
Ridley with burnt wings. And he wants revenge.
You defeat and thus unlock Ridley.

You play Story Mode again, with Ridley. The final boss is a dark version of Meta-Ridley. You defeat it.

The stage, complete with Meta-Ridley as a stage hazard, is now unlocked."

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@fire fox x
i meant, you seem to be the only person on this thread who thinks ridley won't be unlockable, and by the way you first put it, it sounded like you were happy with it. i think that ridley will be a boss, or the final boss for samus in adventure mode, and after beating it, you unlock ridley. sorry if i offended you. does this opinion seem more logical?

Caael

Smash Lord
How mature. You put ridley fans to shame know that? No, I doubt you do. After seeing that post, I doubt you know anything other then how to act like a complete moron. It says "BOSS Battle" on the smash dojo site.
I'm the biggest Ridley fan here, according to some people. It says BOSS battle, because it's the music when you fight him in the Metroid games.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It also calls the battlefield music Menu 1 and the Yoshi music Yoshi's Story:Ending. I think it's merely referring to what the music piece was originally based on, rather than it's purpose in the smash game.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I'm the biggest Ridley fan here, according to some people. It says BOSS battle, because it's the music when you fight him in the Metroid games.
Lol, i pointed this out earlier and someone came up with 'He's a boss because it says BOSS BATTLE' again? Wow... don't tell me people aren't reading the posts...

Stryks

Smash Hero
And saying ridley will be a boss doesnt shame the ridley fans? It says BOSS BATTLE cause in METROID when u face RIDLEY that song plays, u know ridleys being a BOSS and all...

Oh really now? Ridley was always a boss in the Metriod series correct? As for my opinion? It's a free world, therefor I am able to speak my opinion whether it fits this thread or not.

Believe it or not, I want Ridley playable as much as the next guy. I'm just simply stating whats more logical to actually happen.
By ur logic ganondorf is gonna be a boss in brawl, and bowser, and Wolf, and ridley, do I continue?
Ok lets look it logially: Hes the 2nd most requested character to be in brawl, is popular here AND in japan, u know the place where its anti-metroid? he is samus main enemy in the entire metroid series, has appeared in every metroid game except hunters, echoes and Metroid II, and now his theme song in in the update... do the math...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
agreed with lukefonfabre. it doesn't neccesarily mean where the song is implemented, rather the origin. we are going way over our heads on how ridley is gonna play out. hopefully an update soon will tell us everything

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Hm, maybe he could be a mid-boss, kinda like metal mario. He could be playable as well. They could just make him face a different colored Ridley, at the mid-boss. Also for a boss the could make him bigger, like what they did for Bowser at then end of adventure mode.

D

Deleted member

Meh. If they pull it off well it could be good.

I like Ridley. Just I think he deserves justice in one form or another.

Has anyone considered the fact that he could be huge AND playable? Well, not massive, but like two and a bit times taller than Link.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ridley is in.

1. His song played on the website which doesn't really point to the dragon being in Brawl on his own. BUT Sakurai's wording made it clear that it was RIDLEY's song.

2. Ridley is a recognizable villain of a sucessful franchise.

3. He oozes creativity and Sakurai likes creativity.

4. Sakurai mentioned he wanted to further rep the Metroid series. I think Zamus was merely a Sheik replacement, so if Sakurai truely wanted to further rep the Metroid series and pick the best character to do that, he would go with Ridley.

I am 99 percent certain he will be in.

X_Meta_Knight_X

Smash Cadet
I had a dream last night and I was Zamus and beating the **** out of Mario it was funny as hell. Then I was Zamus in Classic mode, I beat the game and then Ridley appered as a secret character and I beat him and I unlocked him as a character! Best dream I ever had!!!

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I had a dream last night and I was Zamus and beating the **** out of Mario it was funny as hell. Then I was Zamus in Classic mode, I beat the game and then Ridley appered as a secret character and I beat him and I unlocked him as a character! Best dream I ever had!!!
I usually dream about real hot chicks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom