• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
And saying ridley will be a boss doesnt shame the ridley fans? It says BOSS BATTLE cause in METROID when u face RIDLEY that song plays, u know ridleys being a BOSS and all...
Telling someone to shove a spoon up their *** doesn't compare.

By ur logic ganondorf is gonna be a boss in brawl, and bowser, and Wolf, and ridley, do I continue?
Ok lets look it logially: Hes the 2nd most requested character to be in brawl, is popular here AND in japan, u know the place where its anti-metroid? he is samus main enemy in the entire metroid series, has appeared in every metroid game except hunters, echoes and Metroid II, and now his theme song in in the update... do the math...
Actually yeah, that is my idea. (Well, rather a friend of mines idea.) Think about it this way: At the end of Adventure Mode, you have to face your characters nemesis. After you battle him as a boss, he becomes unlockable. I'd personally like to see it done this way.

@fire fox x
i meant, you seem to be the only person on this thread who thinks ridley won't be unlockable, and by the way you first put it, it sounded like you were happy with it. i think that ridley will be a boss, or the final boss for samus in adventure mode, and after beating it, you unlock ridley. sorry if i offended you. does this opinion seem more logical?
No worries. ^_^ Actually, now that you put it that way, it does seem more likely that it will happen. But I still think my friends idea would be the funnest.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
That would actually be a good way of unlocking all the villain characters (though Bowser would probably be a starting character again). They'll need to find new ways of unlocking characters, so grouping all the villains by beating them in adventure mode through certain characters would make things easier.

As long as I don't have to play vs mode for 20 hours or anything like that.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Telling someone to shove a spoon up their *** doesn't compare.

Actually yeah, that is my idea. (Well, rather a friend of mines idea.) Think about it this way: At the end of Adventure Mode, you have to face your characters nemesis. After you battle him as a boss, he becomes unlockable. I'd personally like to see it done this way.

No worries. ^_^ Actually, now that you put it that way, it does seem more likely that it will happen. But I still think my friends idea would be the funnest.
Yeah, good idea, but we ALL would want them unlockable, which you do imply, that'll make an ridiculously large roster, with characters just thrown in for villians sake...

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
True, but there is a lack of good villain characters. Everyone from each series should only have one main villain. Mario - Bowser, Zelda - Ganon, Metriod - Ridley, Starfox - Wolf, Earthbound - Have no idea, Kirby - King DeDeDe (Or metaknight I guess?), Pit - Don't know that one either, Snake - I think I'm gonna stop here. lol

But I'm just ranting now, this should deffidently be discussed somewhere else... In the character discussion thread?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
good idea about the bosses at the end of adventure mode, but doesn't it sound too easy to unlock everyone? there wouldn't be that much fun in trying to look in every nook and cranny for an appearance by our favorite characters.

actually how about this. when you unlock all characters, you get a seperate mode where you play a character and you go through stages from their original adventures (Mario=Super Mario Bros., Samus=Metroid, etc.) and the final battle is against the series villian.

unless some series don't have villians, then...uh...wait...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
True, but there is a lack of good villain characters. Everyone from each series should only have one main villain. Mario - Bowser, Zelda - Ganon, Metriod - Ridley, Starfox - Wolf, Earthbound - Have no idea, Kirby - King DeDeDe (Or metaknight I guess?), Pit - Don't know that one either, Snake - I think I'm gonna stop here. lol

But I'm just ranting now, this should deffidently be discussed somewhere else... In the character discussion thread?
no, in my more villains for brawl thread, bring it back from the dead! (to find it go to my profile and click all threads by me)

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
The part about each character having his/her own adventure mode where they fight that series boss has been talked about already, too. I don't remember what thread, but I came up with the idea (probably not the first) like 9 months ago. Still think it's a good idea. It got shot down by people saying that it would take up too much time to make the adventure mode for the developers.

Staying on topic, Ridley better be in Brawl (like that hasn't been repeated thousands of times already on this thread)

Stryks

Smash Hero
His idea was that "Everyone has their own Final Adventure Boss".
Ok i get it now, All this time I thought u just wanted him as a Boss boss character, now I agree with ya, being samus main enemy, and after being beaten ridley will face u again, but him again and hes unlockable...

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
it could be like zero mission! samus does a little bit of zebes exploration, fights (normal) ridley, runs away. gets off planet then takes off suit, ship gets kaboomed. zero suit runs around space pirate base, and fights mecha (yes, in this game its mecha, not meta cos its a robot) ridley. you get both samus' (plural, sami? :crazy:) out of the way, and you get 2 ridley fights! wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Stryks

Smash Hero
Every time I c the name Dinamic entry, I imagine him entering his house kicking the door running and screaming "DINAMIC ENTRY!!!" lol...

ANYWAY... I doubt that will happen :p not many have played zero mission (myself included) BUT im sure where bound to have a metroid level in the adventure mode...

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
so samus for the update today. yeah, pretty much awesome. lots of detail, and VERY shiny.

so if sakurai can make samus THAT detailed, think about how Ridley would look!
*drooly drooly*

the closeness of samus' look to prime games makes meta or phazon ridley the most likely ridley costume. hopin they'll go oldschool riddles aswell.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
*drooly drooly*

the closeness of samus' look to prime games makes meta or phazon ridley the most likely ridley costume. hopin they'll go oldschool riddles aswell.
Dynamic Entry! -Might Guy

Lol, everytime i see your name that scene plays in my head from Naruto.

ON TOPIC; Ridley is going to look sick. Unless it's just Meta-Ridley, he'll have to have a LOT of detail.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
so shiny.... MY EYES!
when they showed samus in the first trailer, i didn't think she would actually look so...awesome. as colbusman said, if samus looks so awesome, just think of ridley.

Amy

Smash Cadet
Wow I like how this thread turned into the same repeated questions answers and thoughts.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
im kinda concerned about the design. i think a actually preferred his prime 1 design not because he was meta ridley or anything, but mainly because i liked the wideness of his head. some of his other designs he has a long skinny head, and personally, i think fat heads are wayyyy cooler.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
im kinda concerned about the design. i think a actually preferred his prime 1 design not because he was meta ridley or anything, but mainly because i liked the wideness of his head. some of his other designs he has a long skinny head, and personally, i think fat heads are wayyyy cooler.
The fat heads can be for n00bs like you, and the skinny head is for pros like me.

J/k, lol. Well, i think the skinny head gives him the raptor, agile look, and the fat head is like a T-rex, monster look. Ridley is more like a raptor then a T-rex.

Skinny head > Fat heads.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
The last seven or so pages of this thread have been about the Ridley Boss Battle Theme update, so I thought I'd put my two cents in:

People have said that the song doesn't confirm Ridley because the title of the song includes the words Boss Battle. Well, if you have ever played a Metroid game, other than Metroid Prime 1 & 2, you should know that this is the theme song that plays when you battle the boss known as Ridley. So if Ridley was included in Super Smash Bros. Brawl what other tune could possibly serve as his theme song but this one? I mean WTF?

Some have said that this song will be played on adventure mode, when you fight Ridley. And then they go on to say that this is much more likely to happen. These people obviously don't realize that this not even half as likely as it just being his victory song. Why would Sakurai go through the trouble of animating Ridley, one of the most requested characters on his poll, just to use him as a boss in adventure mode and NOT as a playable character? Again, WTF?

Others have said that the song will be used as the background music for a Samus stage. Now, this one is possible, but still unlikely. Unless the song on the website was just a sample, and not the full version, this song is WAY to short to be used as stage music. The funny thing is though, it is also too long to be used as a victory theme for Ridley. I think Sakurai did this on purpose. HE'S TOYING WITH OUR MINDS!

So, I'm pretty certain that this update all but confirms Ridley's inclusion in Brawl. So, Toasty!, I guess I have a small member.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
uh, actually the song did play on metroid prime. i think you're thinking of metroid II for the gameboy.

it did seem like a sample to me, cause when it fades out, it feels like the song doesn't end. although this is a short song nonetheless. well where ever it shows up, i'm going to enjoy it anyway

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im sure the song repeats itself, thats why it was cut off, anyway indeed the song played in mp1, when u faced ridley (kinda obvious) but u cant compare that song with -by far- the best ridley theme ever on smashbros.com! XD

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
uh, actually the song did play on metroid prime. i think you're thinking of metroid II for the gameboy.

it did seem like a sample to me, cause when it fades out, it feels like the song doesn't end. although this is a short song nonetheless. well where ever it shows up, i'm going to enjoy it anyway
M'bad. Metroid II is the only Metroid game I haven't played, lol. You don't fight Ridley in that one do you? No, you fight the queen metroid or something, that's right.

kaid

Smash Master
Just something me and some of my friends came up with... Read from bottom up.
Ridley: Judge, I demand the Bounty Hunter known as Samus aran be brought to Justice!

Ridley: She ruthlessly exterminated the enitre metroid species in only her second game. The only survivor, she took for her cruel minions to expiriment on!

Rikku: um Ridley, I'm not a real Metroid fan, but aren't the pirates doing most of the destruction?
Ridley: Her appetite for destruction know no bounds!
Ridley: As evidence, I site the twice destruction of her own homeworld, caused by her deliberate destruction of Mother Brain's cooling systems!
15 Jun 07, 19:38
Ridley: I demand that this criminal be brought to justice for Crimes against Sentients!
15 Jun 07, 19:36
Ridley: Samus. She's racist against Space Pirates and Metroids.
15 Jun 07, 19:34
Zack Fair: Who's Racist?
15 Jun 07, 19:27
Ridley: RACISIM!
15 Jun 07, 19:27
Samus: I logging off to get omega cannon ammunition....
15 Jun 07, 19:26
Ridley: Heartless hunter! You never care about the helplees Pirates you slaughter! You Evil person you!
Anyone want to continue a Phoenic Wright impersonation?

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
samus does man handle ridley in like all the games he does deserve some retribution:)
this is the most ******** reason for wanting him in.....i love it!

manhandle from the urban doctionary:

"the saggy lovehandle region on a fat child, middle-aged alcoholic, or old man. a handle on wich to grab during hot 40yo sex, or older. these hairy regions are most aperant when in the office when not wearing a suit or just a button down shirt that is tucked in. also the wonderful spectical of going swimming at a public pool. there always is a fat old man with man handles see also love handle they are usualy hairy unless the man was a twink when he was younger. the ladies dont get love handles they get fat. you cannot tell a woman that she has love handles she will get mad you smacktard"

qft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom