• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Isaac:

Chance - 60% - The fact that the last game was somewhat of a sour note does not give him any favors, but the fact that he has gotten some recognition in Brawl helps to counter this. All in all, I'd say slightly better than average, but not a stand out.

Want - 75% - No personal interest in the series, but he certainly looks like an interesting character.

K. Rool Prediction - 75% - The fact that he does not appear to be in Tropical Freeze is going to make those who make "relevancy" arguments drag another promising character downwards. *sigh*

Nominations
Toon Link X2
Lucario X2
Anna X1

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
ISAAC
PROBABILITY: 10%
WANT: 0%

Doesn't interest me in any way looks like your generic sword user, I would be really surprised if he makes it considering his current conditions.

KING K. ROOL
PREDICTION: 71.60%

He is one of the most wanted newcomers so his ratings will be probably in the 70's. Another of the most wanted characters, Ridley, barely got 70% overall so I think K. Rool will be near that range.

NOMINATIONS
Paper Mario 5x

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Isaac -

Chances - 65%
He's not really as likely as others, but he did have acknowledgement in the form of being an Assist Trophy.. and his game has had a a new entry since Brawl.

Want - 95%
Despite the fact that I've never played a Golden Sun game.. for some reason, Isaac is one of my most wanted characters for the next game.

Nominate Lyn x5.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Isaac
Chance: 50% - As most have already said, his height was during pre-Brawl. However, just like many other pre-Brawl hopefuls, Sakurai may have taken his popularity from those days into account for the new Smash game. Anyone who has played his games know the versatility that he offers with his psynergy and the djinn, so he definitely has moveset potential. However, I won't rule out the possibility of Matthew being chosen instead.

Want: 80% - Isaac was my second most wanted character after Megaman during the Brawl days and he still is now (well among characters with a realistic chance anyway). Despite being my second most wanted character, his "deconfirmation" in Brawl ironically impacted me more than Megaman's because unlike the latter (who I kind of felt was a long shot anyway) I thought Isaac was a shoo-in and actually expected him. Now that Megaman is in, I'm satisfied but if Isaac manages to make it in I'll be even happier.

K.Rool prediction: 75% - He is one of the "frontrunner" hopefuls for this game.

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x 3
Shulk x 2

D

Deleted member

@Diddy Kong: We are not voting for King K. Rool yet, but predicting what score we get for him tomorrow.
Isaac: I dont know who he is I will not vote

King K. Rool: 72.5 most people really like him but there are just some people...

nominations: Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario x4
Wadde Dee x1
Just do note that Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario will go in a different category than Bowser Jr.
INoms :

Shulk x3
Palutena x2
Palutena has already been rated.

D

Deleted member

@Diddy Kong: We are not voting for King K. Rool yet, but predicting what score we get for him tomorrow.Just do note that Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario will go in a different category than Bowser Jr.Palutena has already been rated.
So I give my 2 votes for Palutena to Hades from Uprising.

BlueDrago

Smash Rookie
Isaac
Likelihood: 90%. I feel very confident in his appearance in SSB4. Unlike what everyone expects the "Generic Sword User" to be, He also has Psynergy at his disposal.
Want: 95%.

King K. Rool: 75%.

Nominations
Toon Link
Little Mac
Mike Jones
Takamaru
Eevee

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Isaac:
Chance: 45% Not that likely, but was pretty popular pre-Brawl and might carry over.
Want: 85% I find him to be an interesting character that would be a nice addition
K. Rool: 75%
Nominations:
Lucas x 3
Masked Man x 2

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Isaac:

75% chance: his game has a cult following, and he is an awesome character in general. He also is on sakurais radar, seeing that he was an assist trophy in brawl. The only thing going against him is that his games may not be popular enough to warrant a character.

95% want: would likely main. Not very familiar with his games, but that doesn't change the fact that I know Isaac will make a stellar character.

King K: 60% (though my chance prediction would be lower) I think most people are starting to realize that his ship is sailed.

Also for my nominations: Chrom x5 :)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Isaac: 50%
Isaac comes from Golden Sun which is a Handheld franchise. and to Isaac's Luck, so is Smash 3DS, which can open a solution for him, or not. He is decently popular, but if that is enough for him to be playable I don't know, so I would say 50-50 chance...

Want: 30%
Honestly I don't care about Isaac that much, I would like him better ofcourse if he was playable and I get to play as the character to get more familiar With him.. But so far he does not seem that interessting in my eyes, just a New Roy or Marth in my eyes...

King K. Rool Prediction: 80%

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
That is because your eye is bloodshot. :troll:

No offense meant though.
I see what you did there, Kremlin Humour approved.

But what I ment was in Design... A Young Prettyboy With Anime hair, Sword on his back (or hand), and some normal get-up...
I know they are far from each other when it comes to abilities, but I was thinking design wise lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I see what you did there, Kremlin Humour approved.

But what I ment was in Design... A Young Prettyboy With Anime hair, Sword on his back (or hand), and some normal get-up...
I know they are far from each other when it comes to abilities, but I was thinking design wise lol
Still. He may looks like a generic JPRG hero, but the art style is pretty different from FE.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Yes indeed, I mean no disrespect to term of gameplay from each seroes, I ment design wise on the character

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Bowser and yoshi are both reptiles.
Mario, luigi, and wario all wear plumbers overalls.
Zelda and peach are both princesses.
Falco and dedede are both birds.

If you think because he looks slightly like fire emblem characters, he must not be cool, you are thinking a bit ridiculously. Just look up a few videos of what he can do and I swear you will change your mind :)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
^
You got it wrong lol
I don't find Isaac's design good, everyone has their own taste, and I do like some designs in Fire Emblem, but in this case I just said Isaac looked too much like an FE design wise lol But I get Your Points.

Can we keep it to rating their chances? Since I want to rather hear Your opinions about Isaac, then starting anything (I would as said be glad for the inclusion of Isaac so I can get better to know the character, but he is not high on my want list)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Isaac:
Chance: 35%: He's a got a fair chance, but he's got a line of about 4 or 5 newcomers with definitively higher priority, as well as all the characters who were playable in Brawl, plus Mewtwo. That and he has to compete with many contemporaries. Still, he will definitely be considered.

Want: 85%: I love Golden Sun to death, and I think his unique Earth psychic abilities would be incredible in Smash Bros.

K. Rool prediction: 80%.
Nominate: Toon to the Link to the small guy named Twink. "Not one, not two, not three, not four" (LeBron James) but five times the nomination (tl;dr: Toon Link x5)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
It has been a while since I've played a Golden Sun game but if I remember correctly one of Isaac's swords could (every now and then) actually summon a METEOR! So while he's using djinn and psynergy in his specials and normals, when it comes time to use his Final Smash - then he'll use his sword!:troll:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
It has been a while since I've played a Golden Sun game but if I remember correctly one of Isaac's swords could (every now and then) actually summon a METEOR! So while he's using djinn and psynergy in his specials and normals, when it comes time to use his Final Smash - then he'll use his sword!:troll:
:awesome:

Of course this is with Felix using the Megiddo. Isaac can as well.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
You've got he djinn and you can use them in battle. After you've used them in battle, they're "pumped up" and can summon an "elemental entity." 1 of a certain djinn = summon Earth with Earth djinns, Mars with Mars djinns, etc. 2 = bigger monsters. 3 = usually kinda godlike. EX: Fire one is summoning "tiamet," a large dragon. 4 = #1.

4 "Wind" djinni = Summon Thor
4 "Water" Djinni = Summon "Borealis," this big dude who throws a glacier at you.
4 "Earth" Djinni = Judgment. Basically is an Angelmon from Digimon exploding the ground
4 "Fire" Djinni = Meteor. Makes a meteor crash down into the foe.

After being used to summon an elemental entity, djinni will then need to rest a bit, then you can call them to battle again, and it starts all over.

I assume it was the meteor summon from the first game.

D

Deleted member

Day 4 is coming to an end. I am in the process of creating a new day.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
:awesome:

Of course this is with Felix using the Megiddo. Isaac can as well.
Ah! I forgot Felix could use it too. Yeah, I meant Meggido, thanks for the clarification.:)
You've got he djinn and you can use them in battle. After you've used them in battle, they're "pumped up" and can summon an "elemental entity." 1 of a certain djinn = summon Earth with Earth djinns, Mars with Mars djinns, etc. 2 = bigger monsters. 3 = usually kinda godlike. EX: Fire one is summoning "tiamet," a large dragon. 4 = #1.

4 "Wind" djinni = Summon Thor
4 "Water" Djinni = Summon "Borealis," this big dude who throws a glacier at you.
4 "Earth" Djinni = Judgment. Basically is an Angelmon from Digimon exploding the ground
4 "Fire" Djinni = Meteor. Makes a meteor crash down into the foe.

After being used to summon an elemental entity, djinni will then need to rest a bit, then you can call them to battle again, and it starts all over.

I assume it was the meteor summon from the first game.
I was actually reffering to Meggido, but I was basically saying that Isaac + sword =/= stale moveset. Personally I think Judgement would be a cool Final Smash or Sakurai could be creative and have his FS depend on the djinn you've used or something to that effect.

Edit: Sorry SSBF, I didn't see your post.

D

Deleted member

Isaac has fallen on hard times lately. Golden Sun's latest game hasn't exactly been hot on the sales chart and the reception, while good, was not on the same level as the GBA games. It was clear from the mind of the audience that pessimism was settling in as many doubted his odds of getting in. His score was a mediocre 47.73% overall in likelihood. The Smashboards section was somewhat nicer to Isaac since that section earned him a 52.48% in likelihood; however, GameFAQs proved to be a tougher crowd with a considerably worse 42.97%

Nevertheless, Isaac had quite a following even if his chances were in doubt. While GameFAQs only gave him an okay 59.07%, Smashboards had him as a very well received character with the score tallying up to 71.6%. Isaac did well when all said and done and pulled off a 64.36% in want. Isaac waved cheerfully to the audience as he gradually left the stadium, knowing that despite the odds, he could overcome anything.

Soon, another character that has had difficulties staying current within the Nintendo world emerged from the scene. This wasn't the leader of the Tiki tribe or the leader of the Vikings; this was no other than King K. Rool himself. Known for his demeaning nature, he had ordered an entrance into the scene with threats of death. Along with his Kremling bodyguards, the King made his way into the scene pridefully. Many of the audience laughed at his lazy appearance; especially in comparison to what they saw of Ridley, but K. Rool soon silenced those who mock him by sending out Klaptraps.

Everyone knew then that the King was planning on a comeback... and that he expected a proper appearance in Super Smash Bros. to be his finest hour.

Day 5 begins! Today, you will be rating King K. Rool's likelihood and how much you want King K. Rool along with predicting Shulk's score for tomorrow. You also have five nominations at your disposal, as you do every day. The day will end on June 28th, 2013 sometimes after I get up.

The winner of the likelihood prediction was Doug314 from GameFAQs. He gets five extra nominations.

If you are confused, here's the format to use to help you out:
King K. Rool: *Insert likelihood with possible reasoning*
*Insert want score*

Shulk: *Insert prediction for Shulk's score tomorrow. Not the same as voting for likelihood*

Nominations: *insert five nominations*

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Awwwww yeah!

99% for King K. Rool
He fits all of Brawl's criteria, and he's a massively unique fighter. No one else in the game utilizes cannonballs or throws crowns or has a jetpack or emits toxic gases. Then there's the excellent pre-Brawl and post-Brawl popularity, which is really only shared by Mega Man and Ridley.

So really, why not Sakurai? King K. Rool doesn't have legal rights associated with him, nor is he a pain to program. The only reason he won't get in is because Sakurai just doesn't want King K. Rool in.

Want: 100%. One of the guys I really hope to play as.

Predicting 65% for shulk

Nomz: Bowser Jr. x2, Toad x2, Anna x1

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
King K. Rool - 65%
Want - 75%
+ Very Popular
- A DK newcomer is not guaranteed

Can't think of much to say about him really. He makes sense as a newcomer and is universally agreed upon so there's no real negatives either.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
King K. Rool - 35%
Honestly, despite the number, his chances aren't terrible. He's easily the most prominent villain the Donkey Kong franchise has ever had, the DK franchise's success of late makes a third representative very plausible, and the Smash series is lacking in terms of villains. So why the pessimism? Simple: Dixie Kong. They're both characters who are super important to the DK franchise, and there's no clear winner between the two as to who is more important. I don't really see both being included, nor am I 100% sure we get a third DK character at all, so them both being solid contenders hurts their individual chances. (For the record, I'd peg Dixie at 40%, giving the DK franchise roughly a 75% chance of a third rep.)
Want - 50% - I've enjoyed the slower characters, and having DK64 be a personal favorite helps. Not a huge fan, but he'd be neat.

Shulk Prediction - 33.3%
There's going to be some big supporters for him, but I think most will peg his chances pretty low. If Isaac couldn't get over 50%, Shulk's in serious trouble.

Nominations
5x Toon Link

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
King K. Rool: 80%. I see K.Rool being very likely for the same reasons ThatWasPeachy mentioned

Want - 50%. I'm on the fence about K.Rool despite being a huge platforming fan I have very little experience with the DKC series.

Shulk: Predicting 55% for Shulk

Nominations: Roy X5

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
King K.Rool
Likelihood - 75%
- very popular choice, would certainly have come to the developers' attention
- another DK rep
- plays into the ever increasing waves of 90s nostalgia
- another villain character
- another green character for colour balance
- very high potential for event matches / story mode role

Want - 100%
- this game needs more crocodiles

Shulk
- I don't know a thing about this character so I decline to predict or pass judgement.

Nominations
- 5x Jigglypuff

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
King K. Rool:

Likelihood - 99%
As biased as I am regarding the character, I like to think that my bias stems from the legitimate strength of K. Rool's chances, rather than vice versa. Anyways, since there will definitely be ratings focused around his popularity, potential, importance, "relevance" and Dixie, I want to take a different approach and bring up Sakurai's interview from yesterday, which was a convenient godsend, considering it takes my argument and reinforces it, and from the horse's mouth, no less.
PN: You get a lot of requests for new characters, and from fans and even developers. Do you consider these requests, or do you prefer to keep your vision intact game, and so keep the balance sought by not taking into account these suggestions?

Sakurai: Well, I would indeed account requests from fans. But the phase in which I collect this kind of information is already completed, and we are currently working to integrate this content in. We always try to incorporate as much content in our program.
And now, let's look at the 'information' we've produced, which began emerging most notably after Smash was announced at E3 2011 and increased in intensity into 2012, when the game began development. Taking the multiple character polls we've seen into consideration, as well as the observations from the multiple users who have delved into Japanese forums, the Top 3 requests are Mewtwo, Mega Man, and K. Rool, and have been for quite some time.

Now, let's look at the visible impact these requests have had on the roster thus far: Mega Man was a day one reveal as the game's most popular newcomer, and Sakurai has openly claimed to be "thinking about" adding Mewtwo (to put this in context, he claimed to be "thinking about" adding Pit after Uprising's release). With the top two most wanted characters already confirmed and psuedo-confirmed, I think it's a borderline certainty that Sakurai has heard our wishes and is obliging, as he has done with virtually every non-Ridley popular character in the past, just without our knowledge of him listening to the 'information' we put out.

Now, note that neither of Mewtwo or Mega Man are Nintendo newcomers nor new additions to veteran series. K. Rool is not only the fan-favorite frontrunner for both of these categories, but is also the definitive villain newcomer. However true it may be that Ridley's fans have had a longer wait for their character, K. Rool hails from a larger series, receives strong demand beyond just the West, and, as far as we know, doesn't require the team's 'best efforts' to incorporate. This isn't to mention his capacity to catch the development team's eye for what was also just stated in an interview: the ability to bring something new to the table and stand out on the roster.

I'll close by saying that I find the notion that he's only a 'possible' addition in competition with a character whose only (alleged) advantage over him is existing in a new game, despite Sakurai visibly listening to fans and him being such a massive remaining fan-favorite, positively delusional. At this point, I basically consider any decision to leave K. Rool off a roster prediction to be one based on gut feelings and/or distaste for the character, rather than any semblance of understanding how past rosters have worked and how this one is shaping up.

Want - 100%
Short and sweet, I buy this game and a Wii U (and possibly the same for the 3DS) if K. Rool is playable. If not, I'll appreciate whatever other excellent content the game is sure to offer from the comfort of a friend's house, rather than my own.

Shulk Prediction - 67.5%
Not necessarily the most standout of characters, but an internationally popular character from a new series, the lack of which Sakurai has bemoaned multiple times in the past.

Nominate:
Little Mac x3
Mewtwo x2

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
King K. Rool: 80%
+ the most reoccurring DK character besides DK himself
+ easy to program
+ popularity
- competition from Dixie Kong
- not in the new game

want: 80% he would be very fun to play as and I love heavy characters so why not?

Shulk: dont know who he is but I will guess 25.5%

nominate Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario x5

Keto

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool: 75%
The percentage would be higher; however, Dixie Kong is the only other factor keeping him out of the game. He has the right image to fit into Smash Bros., an array of attacks, and is popular among players.

Want: 100%

Shulk: 35.8%

Sandbag x5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom