• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
King K. Rool - chance, low sadly. But you never know with Sakurai, he likes to bring back characters from obscurity. So I'd say 65%-85%

King K. Rool want - 100% He's my most wanted newcomer, and my main if he gets in.

Nominate Lip.
I think you have to give a definite percentage so Smash Nros. Fan can calculate it in, not 65% to 85%.

Pick a percentage.

splat

Smash Lord
King K. Rool:

Prediction: 65%
King K. Rool is a swell character. He's bulky, wielding a blunderbuss and could work as (yet another) a comic relief. That being said, it seems as if Dixie is getting priority over King K. Rool - unlike the king, Dixie appears in various Mario spin-offs, and as far as we now at this point, Dixie will return to DKC unlike K. Rool. However, Dixie Kong would very likely play pretty similar to Diddy Kong (of course, she could work different, but would that feel canon?), and King K. Rool would probably be more original, gameplaywise - and with Sakurai stating that he picks characters in what they add to the game, I feel like King K. Rool would be the best pick for a new DK series character.

Want: 80%

Shulk: 52%
Because some people grossly overestimate the chances Shulk has.

Nominations: Battalion Wars Rifle Grunt x5

Edit: why does Battalion Wars Rifle Grunt only have 5 nominations behind his name? I gave him 5 when I voted on Ridley as well as when I voted on Isaac..

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
K. Rool

Chance - 82% - Not quite sure of his chances, but he certainly has the credentials. I don't think Tropical Freeze will have all that big of a deal for the roster, and he's still the iconic villain that has a lot of potential.

Want - 90% - Man, he just looks fun to play.

Shulk Prediction - 60% - I have no clue how people think of him, but no harm in guessing, am I right?

Nominations:
Ike 3X
Toon Link 2X

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
King K. Rool: 70%. I wasn't around for Pre-Brawl days but from what I've been noticing is that King K. Rool did have a noticeable amount of support, yet the only thing we got was a sticker and no plans for using him as a playable character OR assist trophy. However, he has maintained an outstanding amount of support despite this and not having appeared as a main villain in several years.

Want: 70%. I survived one game without King K. Rool and I'm sure I can survive another. But then again, who doesn't want to play as a heavy weight, giant, Kremling?

Shulk: 65%.

Nominations: Snake x5

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
King K. Rool: 58%

It's possible, and this is how possible I think it is. Factoring in Dixie Kong, and my belief that she's most definitely going to be a DK character we get, if we get one.

Want: 70%

Shulk will get a: 67%

Krystal x3
Tharja x2

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
Prediction: 80% - I really think King K. Rool has a solid chance of getting in. He's one of the last Nintendo characters that you could consider iconic, that is not yet in smash bros. Donkey Kong needs a third rep, and K. Rool is an excellent choice. We've got the hero and sidekick, now we just need the villain.

Want: 100%

Shulk: 50%

Nominations:
Chrom x2
Simon Belmont x3

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
King K Rool: 50% - High in fan demand but he's been gone for a while, even in the newer DK games. While SSB has brought characters back from the grave before, these are typically main characters from a long forgotten franchise. I don't believe they ever brought back a character whose franchise tossed them out like yesterday's news and that seems to be where K Rool is right now. A lot of people seem to want him though, so I could see it go either way.

Want: 0% - Wouldn't be upset if he got in ofc, but I've never been much of a DKC fan nor does he seem like my kind of character. Really couldn't care less.

Shulk: 45%

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I guess I'll be the first to suggest him.

Geno
Paper Mario
Ghirahim
K. Rool
Ike
Geno: 1/10 (Only because of the freak possibility that Sakurai will want to do something crazy and pick a highly requested yet stupid idea for a character.) Otherwise 0/10
Paper Mario: 7/10
Ghirahim: 3/10
K. Rool: 10/10
Ike: 9/10

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Geno: 1/10 (Only because of the freak possibility that Sakurai will want to do something crazy and pick a highly requested yet stupid idea for a character.) Otherwise 0/10
Paper Mario: 7/10
Ghirahim: 3/10
K. Rool: 10/10
Ike: 9/10
What the f-, are you rating people's nominations now?

D

Deleted member

I'm sure SSBF will just count it as 75%.
I won't. TCrhade will either give a definitive rating or it goes uncounted.

@Noah J. Lindere: We're not rating nominations, we're rating King K. Rool's likelihood and predicting what Shulk gets tomorrow. However, feel free to nominate up to five characters. Make sure to read the OP as well to know what's going down.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm rating their chances, ya dunce.
You are supposed to rate the chances of the current character. For example, right now is K. Rool. Rating nominations has nothing to do with Rate Their Chances and is generally a douchy thing to do. We don't rate the nominations here.

Steelia

Smash Champion
King K. Rool
Likelihood: 67%
One of the more recognizable DK enemies, and very popular to boot. Unfortunately, as many have said before me, he hasn't shown up in any games lately. Kind of have to wonder why that is, there has to be a reason for it. Maybe legal complications? The only rival he really has for a slot in SSB4 is Dixie, and her appearance in DKCR2 doesn't help matters, but K. Rool's unique powers, style, and personality would be welcome. Certainly something not even Sakurai could overlook when considering new reps.

Want: 90%
I have one or two others higher on my list of wants, but K. Rool is certainly up there. He's a childhood favorite, and I love his theme. Really don't like the goofy new direction they went with his design... but at this point, beggars can't be choosers. I'd want to see him in more, regardless of what look he uses. Looking forward to hearing a VA for him!

Shulk: 60%
I'm not interested in him at all, but I've seen his name floating around quite a bit. Wonder where this insurgence of popularity came from?

Nomination: Mewtwo x5

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
King K. Rool

Likelihood: 70%

He is the DK representant that is lefting, as well as Dixie Kong. But we, DK fans, have been waiting for him since Melee's K. Rool Trophy. I personally was waiting for his appeareance in Brawl, I was a little dissapointed when Brawl was released because K. Rool wasn't a selectable character and even he wasn't a boss in the Subspace Emissary, like Ridley and neither he was an Assist Trophy. As well as Bowser, K. Rool deserves this appareance. He has some likelihood problems because Nintendo hasn't used him at DKCR and his last great appearance was in DK64 (It was masterful). But If you realize, in Brawl is the K. Rool music, Diddy Kong and K. Rool's Trophy, I think Sakurai hasn't forgotten our crocodile friend.

Want: 100%

I'm a really huge fan of DK series, and K. Rool has a lot of attacks and great personality. The three DKC games on SNES gave K. Rool a masterful rol on DK's story and in DK64 K. Rool had an evil personality, it's very interesting for a villain. He is like Bowser for me, because I'm a really huge Mario fan, as well as a DK fan. In fact, when I saw Bowser at Melee I was very excited and he was my very first selected character when I bought the game. K. Rool is that important for me.

Shulk: 40%

I've not played tha game where he appears, but because of reading forums and polls, I think he has relative low chances to be a selectable character.

Nomination:

Krystal
Geno
Paper Mario
Girahnim
Jimmy T.

D

Deleted member

Sorry man, I've just repared that. Read my post above, I've edited it.
The nominations have not been edited. Edit them to the ones who haven't been rated yet/not already being predicted or it won't count.

@splat: Fixed. Apology for overlooking that.

ItBeVoltage

Smash Rookie
King K Rool: 50% - High in fan demand but he's been gone for a while, even in the newer DK games. While SSB has brought characters back from the grave before, these are typically main characters from a long forgotten franchise. I don't believe they ever brought back a character whose franchise tossed them out like yesterday's news and that seems to be where K Rool is right now. A lot of people seem to want him though, so I could see it go either way.

Want: 0% - Wouldn't be upset if he got in ofc, but I've never been much of a DKC fan nor does he seem like my kind of character. Really couldn't care less.

Shulk: 45%
Megaman got pretty much tossed out by capcom, so it might be that K Rool has a chance after all :D

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
King K Rool - 90%. I think K Rool is almost guaranteed, especially with Donkey Kong being such an important franchise, and seemingly more important in Smash Bros based on trailer (one of the "big 4.") He's like the Bowser, or Ganondorf, or King DeDeDe, of 3 of the other 4 "biggest 4 (technically 5)."

King K Rool Want - 80%. I think he'd be really fun, but there's things I'd want so much more if necessary. Definitely a high want.

Shulk prediction: I'm predicting 35%. I think folks view him as far less likely than Isaac, and that it'll hurt him a lot.

Nominations:
Rayman x3
Toon Zelda/Tetra x1
Young Link (With Mask transformations) x1

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Likeliness: 90%. He's incredibly popular, and one of the most iconic Nintendo villains from the 90s. The Donkey Kong franchise would certainly deserve 3 reps, and K. Rool has a large following even in Japan. He also has a very large pool of moves to draw inspiration from. Sakurai has shown that he listens to the fans a lot. His only barrier at this point is Dixie Kong, who is quite popular herself, is more relevant to the Donkey Kong franchise (Before somebody says "relevancy doesn't matter", yes, it does. Just because it doesn't completely rule out a character doesn't mean it has no effect on their chances whatsoever) and was also intended for Brawl, and i don't see DK getting four reps.

Want: 100%. The only character that beats out K. Rool for me is Little Mac.

Speaking of which, I nominate Little Mac X5

D

Deleted member

I just realized that I made a serious inaccuracy when it came to rating. When putting in the overall number for characters, the method I was using was inaccurate. I am going to be using a different system for putting together overall scores. Unfortunately, I am not going to be available until tonight due to work so the new day will be delayed until them.

I am very sorry for this delay and the unintentional inaccuracy. To compensate for this mistake, when I start the new day, I will give everyone an extra nomination as well as give five extra nomination to those I missed.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I just realized that I made a serious inaccuracy when it came to rating. When putting in the overall number for characters, the method I was using was inaccurate. I am going to be using a different system for putting together overall scores. Unfortunately, I am not going to be available until tonight due to work so the new day will be delayed until them.

I am very sorry for this delay and the unintentional inaccuracy. To compensate for this mistake, when I start the new day, I will give everyone an extra nomination as well as give five extra nomination to those I missed.
Take all the time you need. No worries.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
King K. Rool's chances: 70% - He is pretty popular. And he's the usually the main antagonist for the Donkey Kong series. So I'd say he's important enough to warrant being playable. But I'm unsure how well requested he really is outside of America. And if relevancy actually does matter, then we'd probably get Dixie before him.

Want: 80% - He has alot to pull from to make an interesting character. So that's more than enough for me to want to play him.

Shulk Prediction: 75 - Quite a few people like him and Xenoblade. So I imagine that he'd be requested quite a bit. But he just doesn't seem like a shoe-in to me.

I nominate Lil' Mac 5 times again. Because why not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
King K.Rool's chances: 80%. Already explained in my last post. Am not good with these kinda threads.

Want: 100%.

josh bones

Smash Lord
K. Rool's chances: 85%: He's wanted, is less likely to be a clone, and is the most important villain in his series. Why wouldn't he get in
Want: 100%: Who doesn't love him?

josh bones

Smash Lord
K. Rool's chances: 85%: He's wanted, is less likely to be a clone, and is the most important villain in his series. Why wouldn't he get in
Want: 100%: Who doesn't love him?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Is it that you simply averaged the Smashboards and GameFAQs scores, even though the number of votes was not the same across both sites?

Do I get extra nominations if I guessed this correctly?

Groose

Smash Champion

Don't worry about it. It's a game.

I do understand the stress that comes with running something of this kind (especially because a good quarter of the players don't know the rules). If you need any help with any part of the thread, I'll be glad to lend a hand. If you ever need something, just send me a PM.

D

Deleted member

Is it that you simply averaged the Smashboards and GameFAQs scores, even though the number of votes was not the same across both sites?

Do I get extra nominations if I guessed this correctly?
Yeah, that was the problem, which lead to inaccuracies in rating. However, they are going to be fixed up.

but no, no extra nominations because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom