• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chance Returns! Day 13 - Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

E3 2013 was when Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was shown. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong returned in this installment along with Dixie Kong coming back to the franchise as well. Many things from the series that fans demanded were brought back, but there was one thing that wasn't; the Kremlings. Nowhere in sight were the Kremlings present in the game. This would likely mean one thing and one thing only. King K. Rool was gone from the game yet again.
As such, this means that King K. Rool will not appear in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. It is obvious that Sakurai goes with the latest and anything that isn't recent (except of course retros.. and I guess Marth) doesn't get in or has to be cut (except Jigglypuff I guess). Pack your bags Kremlings supporters; it's time to accept that King K. Rool will never be in a...

...Umm, dude. You preach recentness as the biggest factor in deciding character, but you kinda want to take a look at this photo:

I've been saying all of this time that Capcom's supposed hatred of Mega Man didn't effect his chance of getting in and well... yeah.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MY PRECIOUS RECENTNESS ARGUMENT ISN'T THE END-ALL, BE-ALL OF DECIDING CHARACTERS! HOW DARE YOU MEGA MAN FOR MAKING MY PREDICTION ROSTER WRRRROOOOONNNGGG!

(man I love Mega Man. Not only does he look kick-*** and a main for me, but also helps in discrediting several flawed arguments the community likes to use)

King K. Rool ~75%

So now that we've established that King K. Rool missing out on Tropical Feeze really doesn't have an effect on his chances, it's time to see where the King lies.

First thing to note is that King K. Rool is the most wanted Nintendo newcomer for this game and it's easy to see why. He competes with Ridley in demand in the West and in the East where Ridley is barely requested, King K. Rool still gets a high amount of requests. His amount of demand is pretty significant and Sakurai will notice this. Something interesting to note is that King K. Rool has the "life support" effect. When a character or a franchise seems to be in a danger of dying out, people start supporting a character more intensely and more people join in the fight to get the character in Smash. I've noticed a slight boost in demand for King K. Rool because of his absence in Tropical Freeze. This isn't to say that his absence helps; it obviously doesn't, but it does show how strong of a character he is to not collapse even when his future seems bleak. Notice that Mega Man also had a similar boost in demand despite a turbulent past few years and made it because he was an overall a very strong character.

King K. Rool is also generally associated with Donkey Kong as the main villain of the franchise. When people think of a villain for the franchise, K. Rool is what most people think of. His humorous personality and his reputation for changing disguises each game made him unique and an overall memorable character. Even with his absence, people still want to see King K. Rool back in action and even if he fails to show up in Tropical Freeze, he will still be seen as the iconic villain of the franchise.

However, even if Tropical Freeze isn't an issue, the possibility of Donkey Kong not making room for him does. The Villager shows that Sakurai looks back at past things for ideas he wants to implement. One character Sakurai will re-visit at is Dixie Kong, who is also an important character in the franchise. This, along with her returning in Tropical Freeze gives Dixie a good shot at getting priority for a Donkey Kong newcomer. If there were to be a last-minute Donkey Kong newcomer, a Tropical Freeze appearance would likely give Dixie Kong a firm grip on that spot whereas King K. Rool would be either added from the start or not at all. That being said, if any franchise were to get two newcomers this game, Donkey Kong is by far the most likely because both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong have great résumé to share and are strong contenders overall and honestly, this is exactly what should happen.

Perhaps the most interesting of all is that King K. Rool's case is comparable to that of Mega Man. Both are beloved character that are on downtime, both are very, very highly requested and both have the misconception from being hated from their respective companies despite evidence to prove otherwise. Yet King K. Rool's negatives are much less significant than Mega Man's were and Mega Man got in despite the past few years being horrible for him, third-party status and being an extremely difficult fit by third-party nature. This gives me very good feelings about him.

Want ~100%

On the top of my list for Nintendo newcomer. I loved played DKC, DKC2 and DK64 as a child and enjoyed his humorous styles. Plus he has a great move set potentials and I look forward to seeing what Sakurai could pull off with him should he get in. One thing is for certain is that he'll be exciting to play as and to have reassurance that he'll come back would be a relieving feeling, much like how I was incredibly relieved to see Mega Man in as it proved that Capcom does not hate Mega Man and almost certainly aren't done with him yet.

I am giving Shulk a 68.78%. He'll be ranking pretty highly when all said and done; probably among the Top 10.

Pac-Man x5

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
K Rool: 75% To me he seems like a fantastic choice. But I can also see it not happening. There are other possible outcomes for the DK roster and they're not unprobable. I'm not really a DK fan, so if it worked that way, I wouldn't give my vote much weight.
Want: 10% Not my cup of tea.

Shulk prediction: 30% There's a lot of skepticism out there and from what I've seen there are a lot on gamefaqs.

Edit: Nominations!
x3Robin
x1Paper Mario
x1Chrom

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
King K. Rool
Prediction: 54% - He is the most important villain to the franchise, unfortunately Nintendo seems to be going out of their way to erase him from cannon. :(
Want: 65% - He deserves more love. :)

I predict that Shulk will get an average prediction of 77%

Nominations: Chrom x1, Toad x1, Isa Jo x1, Professor Layton x1, Miis x1.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
K. Rool chance: 30% It's slowly fading away, only if Sakurai makes him a unique character.

K. Rool Want: 30% I want Dixie Kong more at this point.

Shulk prediction: 60% If Monolith Soft asks for their character.

Nominations:
I'll go ahead 5x PAC-Man since SSBF is doing it.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
K.Rool: 75%
Has more fan demand than almost any other character. Unique moveset that is easy to draw from his games. He also comes from one of the 4 series(Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem & DK) that I feel could actually get 2 reps this game so that lessens the competition he has with Dixie. We also can't count Tropical freeze out just yet as the game's plot and full cast hasn't been revealed.

Want: 100%
Who doesn't want the King of the Krocs.

Shulk: predicting 32%
I personally think people overestimate his chances by a lot.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
King K Rool: 95%
I'm being bold here, but I really think that K Rool makes it this time. He is definitely one of the "no brainer" types that was left out of Brawl along with Ridley, Mewtwo, and Krystal. K Rool has an excellent chance. He has all sorts of fan demand.

Shulk: predictions 55%

Nominations: 5 nominations for Imajin

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
King K Rool: 91.9%
He is extremely popular, an icon of nintendo as a villian of the DK Franchise, and may even appear as a secret boss or something in Tropical Freeze for all we know. There really seems to be no strong cases against him.

Want: 100% Big DK fan here, loved fighting him in the past, and his character screams unique and original.

Shulk: 76.240% Higher than most

Nominations:
Pac-Man x5

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I had a long post written up and Chrome froze. ARGH. So no detailed analysis, just giving the short version. Also I forgot to make my prediction for him yesterday. Oh well.

Popularity: He's one of the most requested characters both in Japan and the West.
His series has high sales and critical acclaim, and he's the most important character not yet in Smash, except perhaps Dixie.

Relevancy: Suffice it to say, we still don't know a lot about DKC Tropical Freeze. I think K Rool is a possibility as a boss, the main boss or as a playable character (or even both a boss and playable character). I'd certainly enjoy his return, and what we know so far leaves plenty of room for him. But even so, the fact that he is like, the TOP most wanted character not in is way more important, even though an appearance in DKCTF would certainly be a boost.

Design: He's got great personality and plenty of moves. He could be quite quirky, a goofy heavy-hitter.

Roster considerations: He's neither crazy unique like WFT or Villager but nor is he very similar to others. He complements DK and Diddy well and adds another villain for diversity.

Technical/legal issues: None.

I think a third DK rep is very likely (~93%), and a fourth rep is a non-negligible possibility (maybe a ~20% chance?). I give most of the probability to K Rool

K Rool chances: 87%
The only reason I'm not giving him higher is that Dixie might take his spot.

K Rool Want: 83%
I think we need more villains, and I love the DKC games.

Shulk prediction: 50%
I think there's some skepticism out there, particularly because of the way Nintendo treated Xenoblade's North American release. He also isn't the most charismatic character IMO. But people might consider Nintendo wanting to promote X.

Nominations:
2x Lucas
2x Simon Belmont
1x Dixie Kong
He fits all of Brawl's criteria, and he's a massively unique fighter. No one else in the game utilizes cannonballs or throws crowns or has a jetpack or emits toxic gases.
Well... actually, Diddy uses a jetpack.

And Wario emits... gases. They might just be smelly rather than toxic though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
King K Rool Chance: 85%
Aside from the flawed recentness arguement, there really is no reason not to include him. He's popular unique and would be relatively easy to program.

Want: 95% He's not Ridley or Mewtwo, but he's of of my most wanted characters.

Shulk: Prediction: 68%
Becauser GameFAQs seems to love to guy to death.

Nominations:
Pokemon Trainer x3
Mewtwo
Little Mac

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
King K. Rool

Likeliness: 80%

I feel of all the potential DKC reps, King K. Rool still has the most likely chances. Over the years, he has still retained his popularity, his relevancy, and his dignity. He could bring a lot to Smash and represent the DKC as the villain in a world where villains are not largely represented. He is Donkey Kong's Bowser, Star Fox's Wolf, and Link and Zelda's Ganondorf. If these villains are playable, why not King K. Rool. Yes, he does have competition from Dixie, especially since the reveal of the new Wii U DKC:TF. In fact, I would even venture to say both have the same odds in likeliness. However, despite Dixie's new found relevancy and attention, King K. Rool has dominated it for quite some time. I lowered his chances from 88% due to Dixie's compeition.

Want: 90%

I would love to see the King playable. However, if it means he is playable yet Dixie isn't, that might be a sad day for me since I would love to see both playable. Hence why I knocked him down a few pegs. I do want to see the King playable and would be ecstatic to see his inclusion.

Shulk

Prediction: 62%

Nomz:

Dixie Kong x3
Nightmare x 2

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
K.Rool
Chance: I'd estimate the chance of a new DK rep as being around 90-95%. And about a 30% chance that we will get two (obviously Dixie and K.Rool).
I think Dixie's chances have at least caught to K.Rool (or marginally overtaken) due to her rise at E3 . So in the end K.Rool gets a 60% from me.

Want: 70%
Big fan of villains. Not my most wanted new villain but still up there.

Nominations:
Pac-Man x 4
Dixie x 1

Isaac is one of like 10 characters that are 60%+, and probably one of like 5 characters that are 80%+. 80% on 6 characters means "at least one, maybe two, won't make it." Palutena, Ridley, K Rool, Isaac, Waluigi, and Baby Bowser all getting 80% would mean one or two has a good chance of not making it. I think people are just trying to vote low because voting high seems to indicate a "yes" when it's really just "it's part of the most likely crowd."
No it doesn't.

Out of curiosity, what do you think constitutes realistic percentages? 25% is a one in four chance, which seems awfully low for someone you say is one of the more likely newcomers. How many characters are strong enough contenders that Isaac doesn't make it 75% of the time? How few character slots do you think there are for new characters? I agree most characters shouldn't be scoring 70+%, but I think it's fair to say that a small number of characters are more likely to be included than excluded, and considering we're currently rating a small handful of the most popular characters, it doesn't seem unfair to say they could be in such a select group.
If you have 10 characters to select from to choose one spot, then a character with a 25% chance certainly is "one of the more likely newcomers".
Get's a bit more complicated when you have more selections and a muuuuuuch larger set of possibilities. But the same principle applies.

Having only an estimate on number of spots available and a seemingly infinite set of possibilities to fill them makes estimating percentages extremely difficult.
So it's understandable that they would be a bit out of wack like this I guess.

Will be interesting to do the math on what our percentages suggest the roster size will be once we have done a few months of voting. I suspect it will make the roster way too big the longer we go for.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
King K. Roll: 45% ~I am sorry, K. Roll supporters, but I don't think his chances are really high (not lower than this, though, because of the support)
He isn't in the latests DK games.
He wasn't one of the most requested for Brawl, Diddy was.
Dixie Kong actually is in the files of Brawl (one of the Forbidden Seven), which lowers his chances by a LOT, and she is in the new Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, favoring her much more. DK series won't be getting two new reps.

Want: 55% ~
+Villain
+/- Don't really care if he makes in or not.

Shulk Prediction - 64%

Still with the same nominations:
Lucas x2
Jigglypuff x2
Ike

Chauzu

Smash Ace
King K Rool

Prediction: 60%

Definately a contender for a place, but the biggest problem here is how Sakurai wants to do with DK and its reps. He doesn't often add two new reps at ones for a series which means it could boil down to the King or Dixie Kong. I want both, but it's impossible to say what Sakurai wants. That K Rool hasn't been added yet also seems odd. Just can't go higher than 60% really.

One of my fav villains ever? He'd be awesome!

Shulk: 44,44%

I think that, outside the main supporters for him, the rest are pretty sceptic about his chances.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
KING K. ROOL

Chances: 70%

This is one that I definitely struggled with and can see the truth in arguments stemming either way. I'm trying to remain as objective as possible with my analysis as I've noticed that those who want K Rool are giving him higher percentages, whereas those who don't are giving him lower percentages (although that's been the case for most of these characters, K Rool seems to be more on the extreme side, maybe because he's such a decisive character for the DK franchise).

The positives are as follows. As others have stated, K Rool is one of the most popular characters in both Japan and the West. Personally, I believed he had a good shot of making it in prior to Brawl, but I wasn't surprised when he was left off. If DK gets a new rep, I think K Rool has a great shot at making it. K Rool was an iconic character in the original Donkey Kong Country releases. As the primary villain, some could say he was the Bowser to DK's Mario. That might seem like a stretch now given his lack of relevancy in recent games, but if we're going with importance to their franchise, you can't go wrong with K Rool. There's certainly a need for more villains in Brawl, but I highly doubt Sakurai looks at it that way. The way he may see it though, is that the main villain plays an important role to the franchise as a whole. He's certainly a unique character as well, which is another aspect Sakurai has stated to play a factor in the decision making.

Here are the negatives. As others have mentioned, K Rool hasn't been used in any of the recent DKC games, but Nintendo has shown a willingness to use him in some of the other games leading up to the release of the Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze. I don't see the recentness factor hurting him as much as Dixie Kong though. Given that she was found on the disc for Brawl, and has been a lead character in a few of the series' games, she almost has just as much of a case as K Rool to get in. Now, I don't think they're mutually exclusive, but if DK only gets 1 new rep, then it might become a tough decision. IMO though I highly doubt Sakurai weighs how many reps each series gets, and believe he judges each character on their own individual merit. Honestly, this is probably K Rool's last shot at getting into a Smash game, and his best chance at being revived as a character in the DK series.

Want: 80%

Because crocodile pirate kings. Honestly, I think K Rool still warrants an inclusion based on his place in DK lore. Yeah, he hasn't been in recent games but so what? He's been the main villain for most of the series. I've always felt like Brawl could use more villains, and ever since the inclusion of Bowser and Ganondorf in Melee I've felt he's deserved a roster spot. Hell, I think he's more important than DeDeDe and Wolf, but that might just be my own nostalgia speaking. I think he'd be one of the more unique editions to the game. Yeah, he'd be another heavyweight lizard, but he could still bring a lot to the table, much more than Dixie in my opinon. If you look at the characters left on Brawl's disc that were cut, most of them were clones. I believe Dixie was originally intended to be a clone of Diddy, but for some reason she was scrapped at the end. If he doesn't get in I won't be terribly disappointed, but I'd also have to see who was included instead of him.

Shulk: 55%

I'd go higher on this, but I feel like a lot of people either don't know who he is, or don't have terribly high opinions on him considering he's been in one game and is "another sword user."

Nominations: Going all in for Takamaru this time (x5)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Chances: 98%
He is literally the most likely character that hasn't been previously playable. Seeing as how so far we've gotten super unique characters, and how K. Rool could easily have 4 movesets based on his 4 personas (from DKC1, DKC2, DKC3, and DK64), what's not to love=??? Sakurai could take the same approach he took with Mega Man and just make one giant beautiful mix of all of it. Plus, he's super popular, the main villain of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises that recently had a blockbuster hit game in DKC Returns, and oh, did I mention he's the main villain, and that smash is short on villains=???

On top of that, judging by how the DKC-elements in the SSE actually came through (and were one of the few positives of the cut scenes), I think it's fair to say Sakurai rather likes the franchise. Plus, with Diddy Kong now playable, there's no excuse not to add K. Rool. I mean, if you're not going to add the biggest antagonist and the last real "iconic" Nintendo character not playable in smash, why even make a new game with new playable characters=???

All of my body wants K. Rool. All of it. Heck, if it is up for grabs, I'll become THE KING K. ROOL CHAMP the same way I am THE UNDISPUTED RIDLEY CHAMPION OF THE SMASH WORLD!!!

Shulk: 50% on the nose.

I nominate Toon Link x5
He isn't in the latests DK games.
He wasn't one of the most requested for Brawl, Diddy was.
Diddy wasn't in recent popular games, yet he was playable. Heck, Mr. Game & Watch was playable in Melee after not appearing in a game in almost decades.

Also, I'm getting tired of these "rep" comments. Damn it, we play as characters, not franchises. And besides, the Donkey Kong franchise has sold far more video game copies than Kirby, and the Kirby franchise has 3 playable characters, and no recent Kirby game sold anywhere near as well as DKC Returns did.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Chances: 98%
Also, I'm getting tired of these "rep" comments. Damn it, we play as characters, not franchises. And besides, the Donkey Kong franchise has sold far more video game copies than Kirby, and the Kirby franchise has 3 playable characters, and no recent Kirby game sold anywhere near as well as DKC Returns did.

Thank you. I'm getting kind of tired of the whole "this franchise should have this many reps b/c it's more important" argument. I honestly don't think Sakurai sees it that way, so why do we as a community emphasize it so much? I honestly think as long as the character is interesting, important, and adds a new dynamic to the gameplay, they should warrant inclusion.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
King K. Rool
Prediction: 80% - I suspect the DK series will recieve a new rep and I honestly can't think of any other candidates other than KK.
Want: 30% - While I understand why people want him, and I totally respect that, he just doesn't appeal to me personally.

Shulk? 38%

Nominations: 5x Starfy​

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Thank you. I'm getting kind of tired of the whole "this franchise should have this many reps b/c it's more important" argument. I honestly don't think Sakurai sees it that way, so why do we as a community emphasize it so much? I honestly think as long as the character is interesting, important, and adds a new dynamic to the gameplay, they should warrant inclusion.
If Sakurai does that at all ("this franchise should get this many") it is with stages, not characters.

And yeah, Dixie Kong and K. Rool are both their own separate entities in terms of potential playable characters, just like say Isaac and Zoroark.

Also, this whole "representation" thing with playable character things started annoying me in 2007. Now, it enrages me. We play as characters people, not franchises. Of course, that doesn't mean being (one of) the main character(s) or from a big franchise isn't a good thing or a positive thing for a characters chances, but rather, the ultimate factor is whether or not the playable character would add something to the game, make people wanna buy the game, and would fit in very well with the rest of the roster while distinctly sticking out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
King K. Rool

Likelihood: 77%
He's most logical DK rep to add. He's immensely popular, and with Sakurai emphasising uniqueness of characters, his chances are good.

Want: 90%
Who doesn't want to fight as a Krokodile using his brother's blunderbuss?

Shulk:
Prediction: 50%
X apparently seems unrelated to Xenoblade, which really hurts his chances.

Nominations:
Lyn x 5

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
King K. Rool
Likelihood: 35%. One of the more likely candidates.
Want: 0% DNW. I find the character design very unappealing.

Nomination: 5x Scrooge McDuck

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
King K.Rool: 90%

Mostly what BKupa said...
K.Rool is one of the best known characters in the DK Series, and is also the main villain of the franchise.
If Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu and FOX can get their villain, I'm sure Donkey Kong (One of Nintendo's first characters) could get it's villain too..

Also KEEP in mind that the roster was started after E3 2011-2012 which was before Dixie was ever revealed to be a playable character in the Donkey Kong Country game that was announced at E3 2013... Which leaves Dixie up with nothing other to be scrapped from Brawl and joined the forbidden 7...

My 2 biggest wishes for the new Smash is King K.Rool and a new F-Zero Rep...
I really would love big ol'Crock to be part of SSB4...

Shulk Prediction: 40%
Don't know the character or the game, but he seems very popular, and a rep for the newer Nintendo games, but for newer Nintendo games I always though "Dillon" would make a better character.. But we will see how it goes.

Groose

Smash Champion
Everyone knew then that the King was planning on a comeback... and that he expected a proper appearance in Super Smash Bros. to be his finest hour.
You... you shouldn't have done that.

Anywho, onto the ratings.

K. Rool Probability: 60% Dixie Kong is a legitimate competitior for the roster spot, and K. Rool hasn't really done anything lately. However, K. Rool is very popular here and in Japan---a fact that Sakurai is probably aware of. Furthermore, he's suited to a fighting game, and has potential to be both wacky and epic---take your pick.

K. Rool Want: 100% The King is my most wanted newcomer. He'd fit in perfectly; he shares a similar body style to Bowser, who was my secondary in Melee for a long time; K. Rool is one of the main villains of my childhood.

Shulk Prediction: This is going to be interesting. I'll wager 60% will say he's in; there really aren't many arguments against him, but his supporters aren't as vocal as the characters we've already rated.

Nominate Tingle x5

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
King K. Rool Chance: 75%
I think K. Rool has a great chance of being in, if Donkey Kong gets another rep. I highly doubt Tropical Freeze warrants Dixie Kong, as that was only recently shown at E3, but it's Sakurai. He may put in Dixie, although I doubt it'd be BECAUSE OF Tropical Freeze. Plus, if they don't have a Viking K. Rool in the next game, that's a missed opportunity.

Want: 85%
While not my most wanted character, I would love to see King K. Rool. Donkey Kong 64 was one of my first video games, and I loved battling K. Rool. I absolutely want him.

Shulk Prediction: 65%
He's a fantastic choice, a new Franchise, and very popular, but I don't know where his odds are. Some other characters might be more likely in Sakurai's eyes.

PrincessAzula

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool Chance: 60%
He's a pretty solid pick, but I'm just not sure if the DK series will be getting another rep.

Want: 95%
What's not to like? He has the potential to have such a unique moveset, be a never heavy weight character, and also adds another villain (which we so desperately need) to the roster.

Shulk Prediction: 45%

Nominations:
Dixie Kong x5

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
King K. Rool!

So yeah.

Likelihood: 95%

He's got so much going for him. Recentness be damned. It's not a determining factor. Look at Mega Man.

I definitely want him in. Without him, the Smash 4 roster will have a crocodile-shaped void where he should be.

Predicting a 50% for Shulk.

Nominating Ice Climbers x5

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
KIng K Rool predictions: 75%
One of the most requested characters.
Highly recognized character.

Want: 99%
King K Rool would be a unique character and K Rool is awesome!

Shulk Predictions: 55%

Nominations
Little Mac
K K Slider
N
Wreck It Ralph
Toon Zelda/ Tetra

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Diddy wasn't in recent popular games, yet he was playable. Heck, Mr. Game & Watch was playable in Melee after not appearing in a game in almost decades.

Mr. G&W is a retro character.
Diddy Kong was always in the Mario sport games (Double Dash, Tennis, Golf)

And you know Sakurai is biased towards Kirby series.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
King K. Rool is still the main villain of a franchise that has sold over 50 million copies; I can't say that about Kirby, especially since not since like the mid-90's has a Kirby game sold anywhere near as well as DKC Returns, or any previous DKC game (including DK64, all of which were mega blockbuster hits).
And you know Sakurai is biased towards Kirby series.
Actually, he was hesitant to add King Dedede in Melee because he is un-biased towards Kirby characters not named Kirby.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was never under the impression that Sakurai looked to Mario spin-offs for inspiration on Donkey Kong series content.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
King K Rool: 80% He's one of the most requested characters. that's enough on it's own. there really isn't anything against him either.

Want: 90% DKC was my first real adventure in a game, and King K. Rool was my first ever final boss.

I think I can nominate people now, so...
Kamek x5

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not going to start a lengthy discussion where ratings should be taking place instead, but 'relevance' has no place in a legitimate discussion of character probability. At any deeper than the very surface level, it's entirely subjective as to how recently a character must have appeared to be 'relevant,' as well as how important their recent game must be to count. That, and it's never actually influenced roster development in the past.

D

Deleted member

Another thing to think about is that people commonly confuse relevance with recentness. Relevance is synonymous with importance and even with a lack of a recent appearance, King K. Rool still has importance to the franchise.

And updating nomination count...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Lets see, for K rool

Chances: 50% - As much as people want him, i just dont think hes in the cards for this game. The character has his place in the DKC series, but as it stands now hes pretty much gone from this era in gaming and anything nintendo related. Not that its stopped characters before, but i dont think his fan demand will be enough for him. Dixie was as far as we know the only other DK character to be close to entering the ring, and i think she might get the nod if we do get another DK rep. With his recent disappearance from all things dk doesnt bode well either

Want: 5% - Meh I dont like and have never really cared for the character or his design since the beginning. I hold no love for the kremling king, so his absence wont bother me a bit.

Predict 45% for shulk

X5 Big Boss

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I nearly forgot to participate today ^^'

King K.Rool
Likeliness : 80 % For pretty much every thing that have been said today.
Want : 90 % Because I love the K.Rool Way. And because crazy giant crocodiles are awesome.

Prediction
Shulk : 42 %
For his poppularity as a new series character in Japan.

Nomination
Starfy X5

Korporal K. Reep

Smash Apprentice
K.Rool chance: 95% - Relevance/hatred for the character means nothing now, as proven by the inclusion of Mega Man. Dixie being in DKTF does not hurt his chances as the roster was already finalized some time ago. K.Rool is arguably the most wanted Nintendo newcomer, having widespread support from Japan as well as in the West. Furthermore, Sakurai acknowledges his existence as shown in Brawl and seems to be going for more unique characters that stand out this time around, judging from recent interviews. And indeed, K.rool is unique; he has a multiple personality disorder, and posseses pretty unique moves - a boomerang crown, fake credits/playing dead, a propeller backpack, and a blunderbuss that can shoot cannonballs, status-afflicting mists, and can suck in opponents towards him.

Want: 100% - It's about time Smash's goose was cooked.

Nomination: x5 Ghirahim

Morbi

Scavenger
King K. Rool's chance: 50%- He is no longer relevant. However, that doesn't seem to matter too much when selecting a roster for the new SSB. K. Rool is extremely unique and most importantly his demand is high. He has great move-set potential. This obviously translates well into the game. He is also part of an extremely iconic franchise. I am surprised Diddy didn't make it into Melee. Dixie was supposed to make it into Brawl. So Sakurai has the intent to put another member of the DK Crew into the game. So why not a DK character in general. One of his enemies is even better seeing as the game is lacking in villains. His chances seem pretty good. If fan demand counted for anything I would say that he is pretty much guaranteed. However, that isn't how things work. Relevancy will play a part. Whether or not it plays a significant part is unforeseeable. I am not aware of any new DK villains that could replace him. A firm 50/50 seems reasonable. He is a great candidate that could work. He has demand. I just don't think he is too high on the priority list.

King K. Rool want: 75%- I do want the King. He is a great roster choice for the Donkey Kong franchise. I am more than sure that we will get another DK representative. So if I had to get a DK character it would be K. Rool. I actually wanted him in Brawl. I knew Diddy ruined his chances though. At the same time he isn't the highest on my priority list. I wouldn't mind if we didn't get him this time around either.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
King K. Rool - chance, low sadly. But you never know with Sakurai, he likes to bring back characters from obscurity. So I'd say 65%-85%

King K. Rool want - 100% He's my most wanted newcomer, and my main if he gets in.

Nominate Lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom