• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level LAN Presents: Happy Smashgiving!

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
From what I saw, Xaltis pretty much only used MK against other MKs. The only person who I beat with MK was Renki. Ryo lost to Xaltis' Falco. The only person who ran into Seibrik that realistically could have beaten him without MK were SFL.
Did MK help two of the top 3 players get into top 3? Because if MK did I don't care who he used him against, he still used him to get his placing.

Not denying that he wouldn't have gotten such a placing w/o mk, but just pointing out the facts

:phone:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Xaltis's MK lost to Seibrik's MK, so I don't think it helped.
Seibrik used only MK, but if you think he couldn't have beaten everybody he played without MK, except me, you're dumb. I was realistically the only person I saw Brik play that could have beaten his seconds.

Forgot to mention Jeff too. Jeff could have beaten him.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
potentially jeff could have beaten me with mk banned, that's been proven in the past

but asside from that everyone i played i could have beaten with my 2nd's which has also been proven in the past

and taylor only using mk to fight mk doesn't prove he would have done worse without mk, cuz then there would have been no mk for him to want to use mk against, making your argument completely moot

i hear the polls were pretty close hrnut, maybe if u would have stayed, entered, and voted things would have been different.

and if u think im too agro with mk, wait till u see me vs jeff, **** was soooo gay lmao

u'd be proud nick

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I like how everyone still thinks I ever used MK more than Falco. That has only happened 1 time in the time I played smash. And it was a tourney where I had to fight ESAM (Pikachu) Hrnut (Metaknight) Seibrik (Metaknight) RedHalberd (Metaknight).

Metaknight shouldn't be next to my name in the results thread. It should literally just be Falco.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I like how everyone still thinks I ever used MK more than Falco. That has only happened 1 time in the time I played smash. And it was a tourney where I had to fight ESAM (Pikachu) Hrnut (Metaknight) Seibrik (Metaknight) RedHalberd (Metaknight).

Metaknight shouldn't be next to my name in the results thread. It should literally just be Falco.
You play metaknight and falco because I'm pretty sure you played me with mk ;-;

I don't think you use him more than falco but you still use him :(

2-DJeff

Smash Master
So you're telling me seibs had an easy bracket?

And from what I've heard you lose to seibrik's seconds riddle sooooo yeah don't include yourself on some list that you haven't proven to exist like jeff has. Did xaltis use mk vs renki? Point being MK being banned would have changed the results IMO, Every MK banned tournament I've seen is proof enough.

So you guys don't have any basis besides saying seibrik's seconds are better than the people he fought...so yeah...

Hrnut on Jeffs account

Xaltis

Smash Hero
1 set with MK Loli and it was just pools but yea it prob still counts.

And no Jeff I respect Renki so I used my Falco against him.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So you're telling me seibs had an easy bracket?

And from what I've heard you lose to seibrik's seconds riddle sooooo yeah don't include yourself on some list that you haven't proven to exist like jeff has. Did xaltis use mk vs renki? Point being MK being banned would have changed the results IMO, Every MK banned tournament I've seen is proof enough.

So you guys don't have any basis besides saying seibrik's seconds are better than the people he fought...so yeah...

Hrnut on Jeffs account
See, I lost to his Wario in one recent tournament, going to last hit, last game.
That means I have the ability to beat it.
That is also his only second that poses any sort of threat against me.

Also, how would it have been very different? Based on what happened... I would have won the tournament had MK been banned... so... umm... Seibrik might have had to play Ryo, and might have lost... and Xaltis would have made it to WF unless he played and lost to Jeff...
So, basically you drop everybody a spot, or maybe put Jeff into top three.
Woohoo~

Exdeath

Smash Master
I like how everyone still thinks I ever used MK more than Falco.

How can you claim that "everyone still thinks" that when several people just posted that you didn't?

You went all Meta Knight against me. /Not respected by Xaltis

2-DJeff

Smash Master
See, I lost to his Wario in one recent tournament, going to last hit, last game.
That means I have the ability to beat it.
That is also his only second that poses any sort of threat against me.

Also, how would it have been very different? Based on what happened... I would have won the tournament had MK been banned... so... umm... Seibrik might have had to play Ryo, and might have lost... and Xaltis would have made it to WF unless he played and lost to Jeff...
So, basically you drop everybody a spot, or maybe put Jeff into top three.
Woohoo~
since ryo wasnt on my side of the bracket it would have been me and who ever in WF. and since it was xaltis in wf with brik i would have most likly beaten his falco with IC(MM me if you dont think so) and you and xaltis had to play LF. and if xaltis would have beaten you. i would have won the tourney(and had apex money lol). but if he didnt beat you. would have won lol. its crazy how people skills are this close nowadays. but seibrik could have climbed losers (if he lost to me that is) and came back and possibly beat you guys. its so bracket determined. because you dont know how the seeding would have been if mk was banned and you dont know if youd lose to seibriks 2nd another time

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Are you guys SERIOUSLY having this conversation?

Banning ANY character that ANYONE could have used would have changed the results of the tournament.

Banning IC's would have kept Leo and Jeff back.
Banning Zss would have kept NickRiddle back.
Banning Diddy Kong would have kept Mampam, Dfear, and GDX back.
Banning Snake would have kept a lot of players back too.

How stupid can you be to believe that because someone won with a character that it needs to be banned or should have been banned?

HRNut showed us how he beat Seibrik's MK multiple times before the bracket.

God forbid someone has to be good to beat another good player. No, it's clearly because of their character...

MK's beatable. MK requires intelligence to win with. MK is not ban-able.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If you were a top level player...and people wanted to ban one of the most used characters that you didn't use, why wouldn't you ban him? This is the reason for why he's getting banned. Everyone wants a free ride to a championship and it's really sad. They're doing it so they can place better. That's their main reason no matter how much they want to cover it up with "over-centralization", "breaking the counterpick system", or other stupid, invalid reasons.

The panel is a bunch of people who don't enter tournaments or don't play MK. If he was truly as over-centralized as everyone says, then he wouldn't be able to get voted out for a ban because their majority would rule.

It's so sad....it really is.

The next tournament I host, I'm going to allow a vote for each high and top tier character to be banned if the majority votes for it (separate votes for each character.) Let's see what happens.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
How can you claim that "everyone still thinks" that when several people just posted that you didn't?

There are still people saying I used mk and I couldn't/can't do things without MK. Which they are wrong. lol

You went all Meta Knight against me. /Not respected by Xaltis
....no man read lol. I went MK against seibrik too and I respect him. I go mk against other mks.

Also not sure if that was hrnut still on jeffs account (sorry about that first time HRnut but none of that was against you cuz you mah *****)

You know what Im just gonna assume it was.

Player-3

Smash Hero
does florida like require you to ingest a pint of salt before you're allowed to post?

so much salt in this thread

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
just wanted to do some quick overall shoutouts

thank u to everryyyyone i played friendlies with, it really made a difference and i feel as tho i improved more at this tourny then the past 5 combined!

i really hope everyone i played, and critiqued, had a good time and feel that i've helped them improve in some way, im really starting to see FL put some real effort into improving and im seeing results

thanks to all the GA people that came down! way to represent! so sorry fl is just too good for ya'll

DRN plz plz link me to whereever u bought that hat from! gg's in the mm's, and please pay 4god the 5 bucks i owe him from bodying me in the falco/ddd mm. Falco's def. a character im looking into playing more seriously in the near future

everyone in sfl made me proud, ESP Leo and taylor for putting in MAD work in singles, people who don't rly practice the game at all and still making GA and CFL (respectively) look mad free

i would like to see a mm between taylor and jeff personally, without mk to see how that would go.

then another mm with mk dittoes, cuz as we all know mk dittoes are the only true determiner of skill

michalis (hope i spelled that right) keep puttin in mad work with ur wario, it's really good! u rly punish people for not being on point even for a second with those farts, u just have to learn to abuse his shield/grabs more! i know it can be scary cuz alot of characters can eff wario up with grabs, but don't let that remove the option from u competely cuz that'll just hurt u more than the punish the opponent might get itself! (hope that makes sense...) as always, it was great talking to you, and i'm REALLY pleased to see the improvement from the last time that i stayed at ur place :)
anytime u guys (Ga) wana hit some beaches, lemme know and i'll house ya'll in miami :D

Good stuff to p-3 for bein the only person in my pool to take a match from me!

errrrrrrrrrr

riddle, one day when i'm allowed to use my main in teams, we may actually win a tourny, until then i think im just gona stick to strictly wario/ddd....

cant wait for more vids to come

to anyone else i forgot, it was good seeing/talking to/playing all of you!

hopefully there can be another nll before apex and mk will be allowed in teams so i can get some real teams practice before apex :p

and thanks to all those that voted not to ban mk, it really made an improvment in my mk, and i think it'll show come apex

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Shoutouts

Ed: Thanks for driving us all the way up there, singing along with music, being awesome in teams, doing good in singles, and demolishing everything in dokupon kingdom

Mic Lorenzo: Best Falcon in the land. We could have done better in teams but hey man...it's whatever...honey badgers don't give a ****

Admiral Funk:....Hey thereeee...it was fun chilling in pools with you

Puma:...it was cool sitting next to you in the car I guess

Trump: I just want some subway

Ryo: It was cool seeing you again man...and I'm serious...I'm going to record your voice and have someone animate all the **** you say...it would make millions...also what do you get when you mix Samus and Optimus???? METROID PRIME

2D Jeff: Real close games in pools man

Nick Riddle: Not so close games in pools...but it's whatever

Mampam:...trying to get everyone to ban MK...then you use MK...not cool bro...anyway...good seeing you again

For everyone else I missed: it was cool seeing you all and I'll try to make it to more tournaments and ****

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yeah mampam....

think about it, if u BELIEVE the better player should always win, why use mk just cause he's allowed?

doing so proves you care more about doing well yourself, doing w.e. it takes to win, than u do care about ur own morals of "the better player should win"

sooo this leads me to believe, that u only want mk banned to then fufill your own selfish desires of doing better in the tourny urself, not because u truely believe in having the better player win at all times.

which leads me back to tommy's thoughts that 99% of people who want mk banned only do it for selfish reasons

when someone is given a gun in a swordfight, they dont use it if it clashes with their beliefs. however when all someone cares about is winning, that's when u see some shots fired.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yeah mampam....

think about it, if u BELIEVE the better player should always win, why use mk just cause he's allowed?

doing so proves you care more about doing well yourself, doing w.e. it takes to win, than u do care about ur own morals of "the better player should win"

sooo this leads me to believe, that u only want mk banned to then fufill your own selfish desires of doing better in the tourny urself, not because u truely believe in having the better player win at all times.

which leads me back to tommy's thoughts that 99% of people who want mk banned only do it for selfish reasons

when someone is given a gun in a swordfight, they dont use it if it clashes with their beliefs. however when all someone cares about is winning, that's when u see some shots fired.
Even though I want mk banned but I have to agree with this. People dont understand how good this character really is. They want him banned to "place better" and won't admit it. There only a few that understand how good he really is. I understand, hrnut understand, gdx,nick riddle etc. Ppl just trys to ban him for there own selfish benefit. Without knowing the legit reason

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
by no means am i trying to start a debate here on the bannability of mk

all im trying to point out is that while i KNOW mampam (esp him of all people) never SAID he'd never use mk, his views and his actions ARE still hypocritical

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
by no means am i trying to start a debate here on the bannability of mk
I am. I know you don't think mk deserves to be banned even though you have never told me directly. Your character is going to get banned unless you do something about it.

MK does not deserve a ban. Jeff talks about this "real reason" for why he should be banned but shows no evidence. It's this intangable, spiritual reason given down to only the most godlike players of smash that do not play MK. I gave you a legit reason why people think MK should be banned, now for you to prove me wrong for MK's "bannability" you need to give your legit reason as to why he should be banned and what everyone believes about this character makes him broken.

And Seibrik, to answer your statement about "why wouldn't I just kill him" assuming all morals aside. Logically they wouldnt be able to come back to enter in the future and you would get in trouble for it; however, morals and those other things aside, you're right. Heirs to something great has killed the person who is in that place so they could get it before rules changed. Why not just kill everyone who could beat you?

Top Bottom