• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level LAN Presents: Happy Smashgiving!

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I've shown. Evidence in the Past. I'm not showing anything now because its not a debate. You can find evidence all over. You say hrnut proved mks beatable. Blah blah blah. And yet even he says he should be ban. Not arguing this. No reason to.

:phone:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The antiban side gets nothing unless they play mk. The proban side gets a lot more with him banned so they have more of a reason to let selfish reasons overcome their logic on whether or not he should be banned.

True evidence 2DJeff running away from an argument he claims to have already easily won. I'm calling you out, kid. Where's your evidence? Prove me wrong.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
since ryo wasnt on my side of the bracket it would have been me and who ever in WF. and since it was xaltis in wf with brik i would have most likly beaten his falco with IC(MM me if you dont think so) and you and xaltis had to play LF. and if xaltis would have beaten you. i would have won the tourney(and had apex money lol). but if he didnt beat you. would have won lol. its crazy how people skills are this close nowadays. but seibrik could have climbed losers (if he lost to me that is) and came back and possibly beat you guys. its so bracket determined. because you dont know how the seeding would have been if mk was banned and you dont know if youd lose to seibriks 2nd another time
I feel the only person at this tournament who could have beaten me is Seibrik.
So, if I double lost to him, that would have made me not win.
If he got first seed in his pool, I would have won, considering you and Ryo have shown that you can beat his seconds, and I beat both of you this tournament.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I feel the only person at this tournament who could have beaten me is Seibrik.
So, if I double lost to him, that would have made me not win.
If he got first seed in his pool, I would have won, considering you and Ryo have shown that you can beat his seconds, and I beat both of you this tournament.
Not even me? I did good.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Mk ban probably would've gotten me farther only cause I probably wouldn't have played Jeff early in losers

Oh well. Living the past is just a long list of regrets so its passed now and I ain't even caring anymore

B_AWAL

Smash Master
List the Pros n Cons of the MK Ban...

The Pros outweigh the Cons Tommy

Sorry?

Although I do believe ppl shud stop *****ing and just learn to beat MK. But its w/e I'm IDGAF-Ban Mk

:sonic:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
List the Pros n Cons of the MK Ban...

The Pros outweigh the Cons Tommy

Sorry?

Although I do believe ppl shud stop *****ing and just learn to beat MK. But its w/e I'm IDGAF-Ban Mk

:sonic:
If you're thinking about pros vs cons, then you have clearly proven my point for the majority of the pro-ban players want MK banned for their own selfish reasons rather than because they believe he deserves to be banned.

Jeff, you are not allowed to speak unless spoken to.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
The reason I want MK banned is when MK players begin to play like how Seibrik played Jeff on the last game of their set.

What happens Tommy G when MK players resort to unbeatable tactics, Do I have to switch to MK just to make sure I don't get timed out?

At Genesis 2 I watched MVD get gayed to hell by M2K

I also watch Ally option-less vs him in Grand(and If anyone thinks Ally isn't better/smarter than M2K they're idiots IMO). Where is it in player skills/smarts that you must be so far ahead of your opponent in skill/smarts just to win, whereas that player could if they have proven themselves to be as good as they may think they are to do it w/o the use of a GOD tier.

What happens when you have to waste your ban on a really bad stage for you just to get taken to an equally bad stage due to the character?

Where is it in Brawl's history that we've edited the game so much to cater to keeping one character legal? Where is it that, a mediocre player can pick up Fox in Melee and get close to beating someone who is actually good @ Melee?

My whole point is that regardless of who is smarter/better, the person playing Mk will have an edge...Let's compare someone mediocre play snake, olimar, diddy, wario & let's see if the same applies.

I don't care for MK being banned to place better, the game is dying and it is thanks to MK. The reason I don't want to enter tournaments is because of what happened at G2, what's going to stop someone from doing the same?

IMO Seibrik & Mampam are the same with selfish reasons, Seibs wants easier wins but doesn't want to admit it & Mampam wants to place higher w/ MK gone but uses him to place well when he can.

Anyways Ryo is the best....Riddle got lucky, heard he was losing to Ol Joe ^_^

And I'm sorry to say riddle I still don't think you would have won.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The reason I want MK banned is when MK players begin to play like how Seibrik played Jeff on the last game of their set.

What happens Tommy G when MK players resort to unbeatable tactics, Do I have to switch to MK just to make sure I don't get timed out?

At Genesis 2 I watched MVD get gayed to hell by M2K

I also watch Ally option-less vs him in Grand(and If anyone thinks Ally isn't better/smarter than M2K they're idiots IMO). Where is it in player skills/smarts that you must be so far ahead of your opponent in skill/smarts just to win, whereas that player could if they have proven themselves to be as good as they may think they are to do it w/o the use of a GOD tier.

What happens when you have to waste your ban on a really bad stage for you just to get taken to an equally bad stage due to the character?

Where is it in Brawl's history that we've edited the game so much to cater to keeping one character legal? Where is it that, a mediocre player can pick up Fox in Melee and get close to beating someone who is actually good @ Melee?

My whole point is that regardless of who is smarter/better, the person playing Mk will have an edge...Let's compare someone mediocre play snake, olimar, diddy, wario & let's see if the same applies.

I don't care for MK being banned to place better, the game is dying and it is thanks to MK. The reason I don't want to enter tournaments is because of what happened at G2, what's going to stop someone from doing the same?

IMO Seibrik & Mampam are the same with selfish reasons, Seibs wants easier wins but doesn't want to admit it & Mampam wants to place higher w/ MK gone but uses him to place well when he can.

Anyways Ryo is the best....Riddle got lucky, heard he was losing to Ol Joe ^_^

And I'm sorry to say riddle I still don't think you would have won.

Quick question then.
Who would I have lost to with the assumption Brik would have been knocked out by Jeff, due to Jeff beating his seconds?

Exdeath

Smash Master
yeah mampam....

think about it, if u BELIEVE the better player should always win, why use mk just cause he's allowed?

doing so proves you care more about doing well yourself, doing w.e. it takes to win, than u do care about ur own morals of "the better player should win"

sooo this leads me to believe, that u only want mk banned to then fufill your own selfish desires of doing better in the tourny urself, not because u truely believe in having the better player win at all times.

which leads me back to tommy's thoughts that 99% of people who want mk banned only do it for selfish reasons

when someone is given a gun in a swordfight, they dont use it if it clashes with their beliefs. however when all someone cares about is winning, that's when u see some shots fired.
I heard several people talking like this at the tournament and it's wrong. A popular pro-ban sentiment is that the better player won't always win while Meta Knight is legal, and Mampam CPed 4GOD from a MU that his character already counters to Meta Knight in order to win -- something that ultimately netted him victory. Mampam has acknowledged multiple times that he as a player is worse off with Meta Knight banned. To use your analogy, if Person A asks for a rule to ban guns from a knife fight and Person B declines, it's not at all wrong for Person A to use bring a gun. Some people have accused Mampam of being a hypocrite, when in reality he proved his point.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I didn't see the matches but I'm going to assume it was planking and flying under the stage.

Pit can do it too. We should ban Pit, right? So can Sonic technically.

Many characters have unwinnable matchups against other characters. We should ban all of those that make anyone else unviable?

Or, we find the core reason as to why this is allowed to happen. Characters should not be allowed to freely travel under the stage.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm out of this argument as a whole but i have to say...

Tommy g, pit has SO MUCH more risk vs reward than mk in scrooging and planking. I mean, it really isn't that hard for MANY characters to attempt a very rewarding scenario when he's doing so. And guess what! Pit also isn't likely to kill them for doing so. I can name several viable characters who have responses to pit scrooging. Not to mention his amount of mix-ups in that scenario nowhere near match metaknights. And he only has 3 jumps...not 6....but that's irrelevant to scrooging capability for the most part besides being able to wait longer b4 u have to choose an action.

OverLade

Smash Hero
And if you think MK shouldn't be banned, you're doing it for a selfish reason. Preservation of a dying scene and balance of an unbalanced game are more important than your godamn paycheck. I stopped caring about brawl when I got into Marvel, but I still work hard to maintain the Tampa scene which is why Tampa took 3 cars to NLL.

Seibrik you're selfish as hell, but you're a Jew, it's in your nature. Whatevs. The rest of yall are just meatriding elitist top players who say "if other people can beat MK why cant you?" and that nonsense. Fighting games don't work that way.

The smash community is immature and irresponsible. In games like Marvel people actually recognize when characters and strategies are overpowered. People may be *******s but theres' a level of maturity the smash community will never see. I love smash but I can't even stand hanging out with most people at tournaments anymore because of the way it is.

If Ryo beats me when I don't use MK that's fine. If I put in the time with Snake I feel confident that I can beat him but I could drop MK for 2 years and probably still come back and beat him easily just by playing gay. The game is almost perfectly balanced without MK and that's the way it should be, because Smashers are dropping Smash for more interesting games by the minute.

And Tommy G you are ****ing stupid. You're not good at this game, have no comprehension of high level play and how the game works at high level. You literally have no right to even talk about Brawl and if you're trolling then TROLL HARDER.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Heh, MK banned? The game is that much less difficult. But then difficulty is what I love in a game D: Upside : No more complete death pools :D Downsides : Why ban him when he's beatable(SHAKY VS JUDGE MLG COLUMBUS)? I never got to beat too many MK mains x.x and now all the work I put into studying the MU is down the drain :I when's the next NLL btw?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I didn't see the matches but I'm going to assume it was planking and flying under the stage.

Pit can do it too. We should ban Pit, right? So can Sonic technically.

Many characters have unwinnable matchups against other characters. We should ban all of those that make anyone else unviable?

Or, we find the core reason as to why this is allowed to happen. Characters should not be allowed to freely travel under the stage.
I wish he did that ROFL

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Heh, MK banned? The game is that much less difficult. But then difficulty is what I love in a game D: Upside : No more complete death pools :D Downsides : Why ban him when he's beatable(SHAKY VS JUDGE MLG COLUMBUS)? I never got to beat too many MK mains x.x and now all the work I put into studying the MU is down the drain :I when's the next NLL btw?
MM my mk vs your ness 20$? you know how old those vids where?
and i dont have any ness experience and i dont play mk but im 100% sure ill win
im pretty sure if shaky and judge played know(if judge and shaky still played) he'd probably beat shaky.
no offence shaky

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
And if you think MK shouldn't be banned, you're doing it for a selfish reason. Preservation of a dying scene and balance of an unbalanced game are more important than your godamn paycheck. I stopped caring about brawl when I got into Marvel, but I still work hard to maintain the Tampa scene which is why Tampa took 3 cars to NLL.
Banning MK has never had any basis to preserve the scene. Banning Akuma preserve the game he was broken pretty well.....oh wait, no it didn't. He doesn't unbalance the game and he doesn't break the counterpick system.
Seibrik you're selfish as hell, but you're a Jew, it's in your nature. Whatevs. So if its cool to call him selfish because he's Jewish, then it's cool to call you unintelligent and belligerent because you're Black? Good to know. You might want to hold up to some standards yourself if you're going to call the rest of us out for being immature and irresponsible.
The rest of yall are just meatriding elitist top players who say "if other people can beat MK why cant you?" and that nonsense. Fighting games don't work that way.
Umm, yes it does. Beating a character proves that character can be beaten and shouldn't be banned.

The smash community is immature and irresponsible. In games like Marvel people actually recognize when characters and strategies are overpowered. People may be *******s but theres' a level of maturity the smash community will never see. I love smash but I can't even stand hanging out with most people at tournaments anymore because of the way it is.
This is ridiculous. I called BB's V-13 as being broken and bannable the first night I saw her being played, but the 2-D fighter community took forever to ban her. If anything, those who can't learn how to handle MK are being the immature and irresponsible ones. Stop *****ing and learn how to play against someone better than you.
If Ryo beats me when I don't use MK that's fine. If I put in the time with Snake I feel confident that I can beat him but I could drop MK for 2 years and probably still come back and beat him easily just by playing gay. The game is almost perfectly balanced without MK and that's the way it should be, because Smashers are dropping Smash for more interesting games by the minute.
Xaltis destroyed Ryo. He didn't even need to practice against Ike to do it. By your logic, we should ban Falco too, right? Brawl will maintain the same level of imbalance with MK gone because the same characters will still have their worst matchups to deal with except maybe Marth and D3 getting better.
And Tommy G you are ****ing stupid. You're not good at this game, have no comprehension of high level play and how the game works at high level. You literally have no right to even talk about Brawl and if you're trolling then TROLL HARDER.
This clearly shows you have no merit to ever say anything. It goes perfectly well with your ignorant, kindergarten intelligence. My teachings to a lot of the community(especially before MLG Orlando) means nothing. Stop being so mad that I don't play this game and can still beat 90% of the people from your region. I know how smash games work, but I don't play Brawl enough to know the little muscle memory specific things about it. I do, however, play Smash 64 with people like SuperBoomFan and Isai, but I wouldn't expect a little noob kid like yourself to know who those players are.
Please do this community a favor and leave for Marvel. We don't appreciate people who whine over characters because they can't handle them.

I'm out of this argument as a whole but i have to say...

Tommy g, pit has SO MUCH more risk vs reward than mk in scrooging and planking. I mean, it really isn't that hard for MANY characters to attempt a very rewarding scenario when he's doing so. And guess what! Pit also isn't likely to kill them for doing so. I can name several viable characters who have responses to pit scrooging. Not to mention his amount of mix-ups in that scenario nowhere near match metaknights. And he only has 3 jumps...not 6....but that's irrelevant to scrooging capability for the most part besides being able to wait longer b4 u have to choose an action.
Pit can still scrooge just as effectively against characters who are susceptible to scrooging.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Please do this community a favor and leave for Marvel. We don't appreciate people who whine over characters because they can't handle them.

Pit can still scrooge just as effectively against characters who are susceptible to scrooging.
And potentially get ****in ***** for it. For gods sake, SAMUS can go out and attempt a spike WITHOUT ANY deadly risk. Even friggin falco can attempt a bair, laser, or spike depending on the positioning of the pit. Marth can go out and bair easily. Zss, lucario, even bowser...i mean my god. It's nowhere near as broken risk reward OR SAFE as mk. Pit doesn't have the frame data or moveset to make it so.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
You guys are definitely trying to keep MK legal for selfish reasons whether or not you guys are willing to admit it IMO.

I on the other hand want this game to get some balance before I get back into it.

Xaltis

Smash Hero

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You guys are definitely trying to keep MK legal for selfish reasons whether or not you guys are willing to admit it IMO.

I on the other hand want this game to get some balance before I get back into it.

I think MK should be banned.
Just not before he's officially banned.
Because I'm going to Apex, as are a lot of FL.
That's kinda selfish, if you say it like that.:bee:

Top Bottom