• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I would have preferred to remove TP Link, as sinful as that may sound, and put in a more Retro Link, who uses Items and Equipment from the pre-N64 era. LoZ, TAoL, ALttP and LA. That Link would be sweet.

But uh, to keep it on topic... um... yeah, basically, if we have to have two Links, I want WWLink to burn, and would rather have FD Link, just for variety.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
My theory for FD is that he'd have VERY high power (like maybe even more than Bowser or Ganondorf) He'd have extemely high priority and a few almost-broken-but-not-quite-there special moves. Plus the fact that he can strike from both close and far range makes him extremely deadly. So there'd have to be some drawbacks, hence the no sheilding/grabbing. He can still dodge and such, but he just can't sheild.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I agree with the variety of Links. Or a variety in Zelda characters for that matter. Why put in another Link when you could add a whole new character like Skull Kid? But FD Link as Young Link's final smash(assuming it's MM YL) is the only way I can picture FD Link in Brawl.
I agree, more other characters.

My theory for FD is that he'd have VERY high power (like maybe even more than Bowser or Ganondorf) He'd have extemely high priority and a few almost-broken-but-not-quite-there special moves. Plus the fact that he can strike from both close and far range makes him extremely deadly. So there'd have to be some drawbacks, hence the no sheilding/grabbing. He can still dodge and such, but he just can't sheild.
I see FD a tad more balanced, but still high power and range/slow and laggy (but not too much).
I'm sill confused, do you mean like link/YL's invincible shield, or the colored one.
He would still be deadly-but ssb is the game of balance and styles.

Gindor

Smash Ace
No bubble shield or Special Shield.

Oh and I sent Net_Creator some B moves...I think they'd be both awesome and deadly...:demon:
...everyone had the bubble...that is not right to make a character without a vital element...he has no heart, no soul *end dramatics*
anyways that wouldn't stop him from being banned how you see him, so you might as well give him the bubble. anyways when you take away from one strat to give to another, the other dies (ex. zelda's weakening and sheiks deadly speed)

what kind of B moves, mine were based off of what made him famous, his pwn ray
B-basic pwn ray/slash from game (slashes close foes and fires disk shaped ray)

B^-FD does a dolphin slash (more or less) while envoloping himself with a damaging energy aura.

Bv-pwn wave-he makes a vertical slash, creating a big energy wave moving at a moderate speed (slash and big energy disk, high damage). the disk travels horizontally if used on ground, but is sent diagonally downwards/forewards and dissipates whn it hits the ground (bursting when it hits the ground would be cool, net, if your reading)

<B>-pwn ray- a quick, almost thrust of the sword, crateing an almost beam-like energy ray. It has high speed and range (slash/thrust and beam).

FS-all of links attacks send out pwn rays and all of his B moves get improved in every way
He may or may not take damage/reflect projectiles that touch him/emit a damaging energy aura. The first will probably make it in, the second and third will probably make a pair if either make it in.
The effect does wear off though at some point.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Name: Fierce Deity Link
Developer: Nintendo
First Appearance: Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
Other Notable Appearances: None

Height: 5/5
Weight: 4/5
Attack Speed: 2/5
Attack Power: 5/5
Attack Range: 4/5
Grab Range: 0/5
Running Speed: 3/5
Jump: 2/5
Falling Speed: 4/5

Regular Attacks:

A: Helix Jab (4-5%)

AA: Helix Stab (5-6%)

AAA: Helix Slash (Medium knockback. 8-9%)

Dash A: Helix Charge (FD Link lunges forwards in a powerful strike, providing reasonable knockback. 10-11%)

F Tilt: Helix Hew (FD Link swipes the Helix Sword across the path in front of him. 8-10%)

U Tilt: Diagonal Slice (Link swings his sword from its regular position [over his shoulders] down to the side and slightly behind, then brings it up to swing over the opposite shoulder, cutting the enemy from abdomen to their opposite shoulder. 10-12%)

D Tilt: Divider (Link cuts cleanly down in front of him, bisecting whatever’s in front of him. It has only moderate knockback. 10-13%)

F Smash: Impalement (FD Link stabs forwards powerfully, doing rather high horizontal knockback. 24-30%)

U Smash: Jump Attack (FD Link leaps up as he swings his sword over his shoulders to bring down on top of a poor enemy in front of him. Anyone behind him is hit by the start of the attack as he brings up his blade, as well as anyone above and in front of him getting hit in the later parts of the attack. Large amounts of upwards knockback. 20-25%)

D Smash: Termina Stake (FD Link brings his sword around his side [striking anyone immediately behind him for half the regular damage of the attack and moderate knockback] and flicks the sword into a downward stance as he swings, driving it into the ground in front of him. When it hits the ground, a wave of energy travels along the ground until it hits something or reaches the edge of a platform. 20-22%, 15-20% Energy Wave)

Aerial Attacks:

N Air: Kick (FD Link actually kicks out to deliver a rather powerful hit. 7%)

F Air: Air Slash (Link swings the sword horizontally into a slash, which is somewhat slow, but slows your falling speed. The move also fires a disc of Fierce Energy directly ahead of you. 9-10%, Fierce Energy 7%)

B Air: Rear Stab (Link, with his sword already resting near his shoulders, twitches it up and backwards slightly to knock people away. 7-8%)

U Air: Fierce Strike (FD Link brings his sword up over his head to point straight up, hitting anyone behind and above him with rather good knockback. 15%)
D Air: Fierce Impact (Link jabs his sword straight down. Anyone it hits is Meteor Smashed. If it doesn’t hit anyone, it sends a disc of Fierce Energy directly down beneath FD Link. 14-16%, Fierce Energy 6-9%)

Special Attacks:

B: Fierce Energy Disc (Link does a quick, small sword slash [a rarity with this character] which also sends a disc of energy spiralling forward, though it homes slightly. The range of the discs is rather large. Both the sword strike and the discs do 8%)

Smash B: Fierce Energy Wave (FD Link cuts forward, hitting with a powerful strike, and sends out four discs of Fierce Energy at once, all forward, but at different angles and levels. 23%, each disc does 8%)

Up B: Spin Attack (Yeah, it’s the Spin Attack for recovery again. Except that it’s a bit slower on the start since Link has to build up his momentum, and has longer range and continues for a little while longer, making this recovery slightly better than the regular Link’s. Oh, and it sends out a 360-degree wave of energy around FD Link. 15-18% on Sword hit, 8-10% Energy Hit)

Down B: Fierce Quake (FD Link stabs his sword into the ground and the region around him pulses with light. When somebody touches it, they’re thrown up slightly but unless they use the DI will continue to fall on the area and get knocked back up as long as Link holds the B button. Each time someone hits this, they take 3% damage. However, there is a larger lag on the end of this attack than normal for FD Link, so he’s very open to aerial or projectile attacks.)

Final Smash: Berserker Deity (Link glows bluish-green and begins to slash his sword wildly, shooting out bolts of Fierce Energy all over the place as he jumps from platform to platform, automatically targeting the characters that have inflicted the most damage on him. He basically performs his regular moves at a higher speed and power, but is uncontrollable by the player for this period of time.)

Grapple Attacks:

Fierce Deity Link has no grabs. He requires them not.

Recovery/Defensive:

Shield: Same as everyone else really, but he's big enough that it doesn't cover all of him.

Edge Recovery: Zweihander Slam (Link swings the Helix Sword over his head in one hand to slam down on the ground in front of him, knocking away those who are edge-guarding, and flips himself up onto the platform. 10-13%)

Fierce Deity Link is meant to be able to match up against the likes of Ganondorf and Bowser, and as such is rather large and heavy. His attacks are very powerful, but many have a longer ending lag than usual, due to the momentum his huge sword generates. He also entirely lacks grabs, since his hands are pretty much devoted to his Helix Sword.

He falls fairly quickly and his jumps aren't all that high, but he's faster than the other large heavyweights. I was also considering denying him use of items, but I figure that'll cut him down a little too much.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I imagine he will only use his limbs to grab ledges and players, due to the ratio between his sword length and limb length. his slashes are slow but powerful, it is possible to get past his sword, but that is where the overall player skill comes in in the action of dodging, or grabbing the foe very quickly (he is slow, but if the player is fast...).
FD would be a character for mid/high level players due to his lack of speed (the two extremes on the bar of speed are the hardest). Another problem is his recovery, weight, and jump, which don't add up very much. What makes up for it all (including the lag of missed attacks), is his deadly range and power.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
It'd be cool if FD Link was a super faster and stronger costume for Link or lets say pressing down, left, or right on the D-pad to change Link to FD Link

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I could see him as a Final Smash for Young Link. He could transform to him for a short period, or as an assist trophy.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Having FD be Y.Link's B.A.C.O.N. is great and all, but when we think about it, is Y.Link even going to be coming back? We have to take that into account.

Oh and FD Link would be just plain kick-*** for a villian for Link's "personal burden" Maybe he's trying to take control of Link?

BTW, the Kirby FDs? Just. Too. ****ing. AWESOMEEEEEEE!!!!!

Gindor

Smash Ace
Having FD be Y.Link's B.A.C.O.N. is great and all, but when we think about it, is Y.Link even going to be coming back? We have to take that into account.

Oh and FD Link would be just plain kick-*** for a villian for Link's "personal burden" Maybe he's trying to take control of Link?

BTW, the Kirby FDs? Just. Too. ****ing. AWESOMEEEEEEE!!!!!
How I see it, to mix up the game, YL will probably change into WW link, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

FD was never a villain and would probably be in the same sense as geno was in his game. He will probably be a divine aid for the quest of good in story mode if he is in. He probably only took links aid in the fight against majora's mask because he was trapped in mask form or needed link's aid.

Feirce deity for brawl!

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Well, seeing how Nintendo wasn't kind enough to give us a backstory for FD, no one knows for sure. And when the mask mentioned how it contained a dark power, I immedeatly thought "Uh-oh, evil mask..." I mean, he COULD possibly be divine aid, but I prefer to think him as sort of a darker side to Link. Not Dark Link but kind of like all the dark thoughts and emotions within Link.

Just a theory though.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i was listening in on the obscur character fact war. one guy was HMS supporter and the other was Tingle bro. so he is going through tons of facts, spitting em back and forth with this guy and he drops that little fact. ill look it up on wikipedia and see if it is there yet

Gindor

Smash Ace
Well, seeing how Nintendo wasn't kind enough to give us a backstory for FD, no one knows for sure. And when the mask mentioned how it contained a dark power, I immedeatly thought "Uh-oh, evil mask..." I mean, he COULD possibly be divine aid, but I prefer to think him as sort of a darker side to Link. Not Dark Link but kind of like all the dark thoughts and emotions within Link.

Just a theory though.
My theory is that link went ito a dream state when he went to terminia. There he saw many from his life in hyrule. But the peculiar part is that the deity and majora were there. They seem to battle throughout history like link and ganon, be it in dreams like link's, or parts of the zelda universe that nintendo havn't covered. In link's dream however, the mask man had transformed the two into mask state, in which the two had to find someone to support them in their fight. The mask man may hold thes properties, or he may have been a twist of link's dream like how everyone's dreams are twisted by randomness.
MM didn't really seem to be a canon game, kinda like link's awakening. Though I would like to see another game showing the eternal conflict between majora and the deity.
Just because something uses darkness doesn't really mean it is tainted or evil, just different from the light.

I don't know if this is true, but http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38418998/

i heard that in tingle's new game he gets a fierce diety form
WTF...

i was listening in on the obscur character fact war. one guy was HMS supporter and the other was Tingle bro. so he is going through tons of facts, spitting em back and forth with this guy and he drops that little fact. ill look it up on wikipedia and see if it is there yet
wikipedia isn't very solid, and unless he works at nintendo, I wouldn't trust him.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Sounds like a load of Bullspit to me. I looked it up and didn't see anything along those lines...

Bah, Tingle = Super Suck

EDIT: Oh and the Manga is actually a fan manga (which sucks because the Link-like feather swordsman really looks super kick ***) but even if this was true, and Majora wasn't evil, wouldn't that by proxy make FD evil?

Or maybe FD isn't evil, maybe he is just destructive, neither good nor evil, but just sort of like a force of nature? Sort of like a hurricane. It destroys, but isn't good or evil, it just sort of exists.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
yah i am starting to doubt it myself, but i mean you never know. it would be incredibly bizarre if tingle did have one though

Gindor

Smash Ace
That is a very good point, maybe link just perchance got a hold of that power.

The idea in that manga (or at least how someone else sees it and I agree) is that the deity is majora, and the mask was named after majora because he/she made it, but it does shake up my idea of how MM went.
Wait, it doesn't, it just swaps some roles. Who I called majora would be the reincarnation of an evil dragon, and the deity would actually be majora himself. The conflict then would be between a evil spirit who took the form of a dragon once and a feirce deity called majora.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Actually, if you play MM, you'll learn that the Mask itself was created by a tribe that used it to seal evil curses in it. Eventually, the mask became consious and was hidden away. Through some means (the game doesn't elaborate) the mask was found by HMD and eventually stolen by the Skull Kid.

FD however is a true mystery.

(P.S. The Manga? It's a fan work...yeah.)

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
'nother idea: Fierce Deity (notice the Deity) is actually the Hylian God of War. This mask is an artifact that allows either A.) Link becomes possessed by him and becomes his earthly (or hylian however you want to put it) avatar.

B.) It just bestows Link with some of his powers. (After all, with a swordsman as skilled as Link is you'd think the Hylian God of War would favor him in some way :) )

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
You know i think it may be possible for FD link to be in the game
He could be the final smash for Y.Link if he makes it in brawl
Because final smash= godlike power/attack, one such is bowser becoming giga bowser

Gindor

Smash Ace
You know i think it may be possible for FD link to be in the game
He could be the final smash for Y.Link if he makes it in brawl
Because final smash= godlike power/attack, one such is bowser becoming giga bowser
Is it odd how everyone who comes into this board starts (maybe contineus) with the same awesome idea. I don't think that is a coincidence.
But alas, YL might change into WW link. Personally, I think (even though said many times) FD would be awesome to be a PC. but YL's FS is the next best thing, followed by AT form.
Anything that doesn't take away from his awesomeness and potential is fine by me.

Top Bottom