• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

raul

Smash Lord
Now I didn't read ever post in the thread so if someone mentioned this, sorry.

I think Fierce Diety Link should have been Link's Final Smash. I think if all the characters had some kind of "super form" it would be cool as hell. You could see the true strength of all the characters.

Examples:
Link-------->Fierce Diety Link
Sonic------>Super Sonic
Bowser---->Giga Bowser
Pikachu---->Raichu
Yoshi-------> Dragon Yoshi
etc. etc.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
If there's a Mask-Using Young Link, then FD Link is his final smash. Otherwise... we have enough Link ideas without another cool yet stereotypical Sword Wielder. Fire Emblem has that covered. Besides, there are several other potential Zelda characters I'd rather have than just FD Link, although Mask-Using Young Link is another idea I love...

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I think that LoZ Chickens should be an assist trophy.... not exactly related, but at the same time, it kinda is.

I mean, if a YLink could change to FD Link, then why can't the ever-so-significant LoZ chicken make an appearance on SSBB?

If there's a better idea for an assist trophy, I cannot think of it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
This is stupid, do we really want Super Saiyan Link? No. He was too powerful, even in the game, being restricted to boss fights only. Simply put, there is absolutley NO CHANCE of him getting in.
lies! He has plenty of chance... He could easily be an alternate outfit for link.... he has a 0% chance of being a playable character though.... I admit that

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Costumes have already been shown. FD isn't in there. However I think I saw one tunic which seemed to be the same color as FD's tunic without the body armor...

Coincidence?

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Ok well I have gotten some criticism from my Idea of Deku Link, but here it goes

I think a good character would be Deku Link, but had the ability to switch between Zora and Goron Link kinda like the Pokemon Trainer or Zelda from SSBM, and I think that becoming FD Link would be great final smash, you know like Giga Bowser, so ya

PS - The thumbs down symbol was just a mistake

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Costumes have already been shown. FD isn't in there. However I think I saw one tunic which seemed to be the same color as FD's tunic without the body armor...

Coincidence?
well... there are lots of people who don't thin that the outfits shown in the demo are absolutely final

STUFFED PEPPERS

Smash Rookie
ONI LINK should be an assist trophy or a final smash (like giga bowser for) majora's mask's Young link. young link would be able to change to the other links (Deku, Goron, and Zora) like zelda in Melee. or like the pokemon trainer in brawl.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Masked Link as a character? Not happening. Theres supposedly already 2 Links in Brawl, so even if Y. Link makes the cut I doubt they'll make a third Link for the usage of masks.
People can also assume that if Y. Link makes the cut, he will be Masked Link, but I highly doubt it. Let's say that most people's theories are correct, and Y. Link comes back. There is also mad talk of the next Y.Link being the cel shaded Link, which means that if it does happen, he's taking on the role of Link from games like Windwaker. It's the OoT Link that wears the masks...

I think, that if Y. Link makes it again, he should be under the same concept as he was in Meele, with the masks included this time. Therefore it'd be giving that Y. Link a brand new moveset!

Pyro21

Smash Rookie
In terms of recent Links, in my humble opinion the Hero of Winds was the weakest.

To me it goes Hero of Time>TP Link(forget if he has an official "Hero" title)>Hero of the Winds

Don't get me wrong, I love Wind Waker, great game, just found the character of Link to be somehow lacking. On a side note, who else agrees they should somehow expand on OoT Link's story.

P.S: This is all relevant due to my want of some recognition of the Hero of Time.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
I would love if they did their best to continue more of OoT and MM stories, though I think only one or two more would work, and that would be partly a quest to find Navi, well, where he actually does find Navi. I just can't wait till I work for Nintendo and can start writing new stories for the series.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
For one, if he was put in, he would be horridly slow, because he wields a sword bigger than himself. He'd just be another Ike.

The masked link was a better Idea, and when I say that I mean masked link without Y. Link, just the Deku, Goro, and Zora transformations.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
For one, if he was put in, he would be horridly slow, because he wields a sword bigger than himself. He'd just be another Ike.

The masked link was a better Idea, and when I say that I mean masked link without Y. Link, just the Deku, Goro, and Zora transformations.
Although he'd be a perfect final smash for masked Link

Pseudo_Sam

Smash Cadet
I think they should keep Young Link in Brawl, but make him specifically from Majora's Mask. Then FD Link could be his final smash, and his other transformations could just be normal moves.

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
the transformations should be implemented into his b move
EX.
b-arrow ice,fire,light
bside-zora fin bommerange
bup-deku flower
bdown- goron pound
That would be boring, unoriginal, uninnovative and relatively clonish and weak. Not to mention very untrue to the character concept.

Should FD Link appear, it is quite obvious he would be a final smash for a MM YLink. In terms of which young link it is, the only thing cel link has over MM is he is newer, very little else. CelLink I am still rooting for, but I have more support for MM. Much more logical, original, and new.

For those of you who want to argue about MM being just like PT: Nobody knows that MM YLink could have been created before PT. He was shown and confirmed simply for advertising and as something for us to enjoy and talk about while we wait for the game. A young link character, supposing he is returning, would probably have been worked on first since they already had the ground work for him from the previous game.

vato_break

Smash Master
That would be boring, unoriginal, uninnovative and relatively clonish and weak. Not to mention very untrue to the character concept.

Should FD Link appear, it is quite obvious he would be a final smash for a MM YLink. In terms of which young link it is, the only thing cel link has over MM is he is newer, very little else. CelLink I am still rooting for, but I have more support for MM. Much more logical, original, and new.

For those of you who want to argue about MM being just like PT: Nobody knows that MM YLink could have been created before PT. He was shown and confirmed simply for advertising and as something for us to enjoy and talk about while we wait for the game. A young link character, supposing he is returning, would probably have been worked on first since they already had the ground work for him from the previous game.
your a homo you pansy
things could change you know
if young link was added im sure those attacks would be in one way or another

Eldezar

Smash Apprentice
your a homo you pansy
things could change you know
if young link was added im sure those attacks would be in one way or another
Wow, you obviously havent read up much on FD Link or MM YLink. I have said many times that MM could switch between the different masks, and he would have those moves. What I was disagreeing with was how you just wanted only MM Ylink having the different moves of the other maskls without actually changing with the masks. Understand that then read my post again.

vesperview

Smash Hero
why not
you just don't appreciate fierce deity link
he is very awesome
No, I don't appreciate it, there's no way he'll get implemented unless in fact the Masks got included and the Mask idea is just some Pokemon Trainer ripoff concept someone in the boards thought about, it won't happen and Majora's Mask probably won't go beyond receiving representation through an Assist Trophy and that will probably be Skull Kid anyway, Fierce Deity Link will never be in as his own character.

vato_break

Smash Master
Wow, you obviously havent read up much on FD Link or MM YLink. I have said many times that MM could switch between the different masks, and he would have those moves. What I was disagreeing with was how you just wanted only MM Ylink having the different moves of the other maskls without actually changing with the masks. Understand that then read my post again.
yes i know link needs the masks to transform
but, then he would be just like PT
and yes i al ready read your stand on this too
but, i just think the mask are unnessesary but you will probably dissagree
and my moveset was just an example

gsarany

Smash Cadet
In terms of recent Links, in my humble opinion the Hero of Winds was the weakest.

To me it goes Hero of Time>TP Link(forget if he has an official "Hero" title)>Hero of the Winds

Don't get me wrong, I love Wind Waker, great game, just found the character of Link to be somehow lacking. On a side note, who else agrees they should somehow expand on OoT Link's story.

P.S: This is all relevant due to my want of some recognition of the Hero of Time.
Your right. Hero of time Link is probably the strongest compared to the other links. Young Link was finally able to standout from his adult counterpart when Majoras Mask came out. The ability to transform into goron deku and zora to save a world from a falling moon with the scariest face I have ever seen in my life. I mean ide like to see anyone else try and do that. Any one wanna volunteer? At the end Link obtained the craziest power of all. He got the fierce diety mask. When I first saw this mask 1. He could probably kill Ganon in his child form. 2. Come on people he saved the world from a freaky looking moon. 3. Got the craziest looking weapon I have ever seen. So basically yeah he deserves a spot in brawl because just young link himself in MM proved himself to be more deserving then the other Links. And the amount of time he had i Mean give me a break 3 days. Ide like to see WW link try to stop a moon from falling in 3 days.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
This is stupid, do we really want Super Saiyan Link? No. He was too powerful, even in the game, being restricted to boss fights only. Simply put, there is absolutley NO CHANCE of him getting in.
Snake, Ganondorf, and Ike were all too strong or too serious for Smash, but they were altered to fit. And he could be an alt. costume (unlock?) or boss. But it sounds like you be hatin.

Thanks for making this thread btw. I forgot to.

Top Bottom