• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

SereneShadows

Smash Rookie
I don't have a picture, but what do you think?

He'd be such a leet character IMO.

He's the Link from Majora's Mask that wore the Fierce Diety Mask. (Which is the best mask EVAR) Remember how fun it was to wreak your vengeance upon that boss you just wanted to own so badly?

Well, what do you guys think of him hitting the Brawl stage?

He'd be such a popular character, if you ask me. His looks are the best of any Link variant, PERIOD.

Discuss.

Cuj0

Smash Rookie
i think fierce link would be the best idea ever for ssbb.glad someone else wants him as a character besides me.

Cuj0

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Master said:
He would be cheap. He would just pwn everybody. I don't want God-like characters.
no duh! thats y he wont be in the new game he would be top tier for sure and be unstopible,but i can dream lol

SereneShadows

Smash Rookie
Well, he'd be very, very different from the original.

He'd be faster and have different moves due to the fact that he doesn't have anything other than his sword.

One of his moves SHOULD be his major-ownage sword energy wave (which would be nerfed to make him less of a god character) (perhaps smash B?)

Another should be a longer range, but less effective version of Link's recovery slash.

His regular B should be a charge slash, like Marth/Roy.

His down B, I'm not sure of.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Bear with me a minute and THINK about this a moment.

Metal Mario was a boss character in SSB64. He becasme very popular, and metal versions of everyone could be made through an item in SSBM.

Now then, what if the Fierce Diety Mask became an item in SSBB? Then, everyone could have a Fierce Diety Version of themselves!!! :evil:

SereneShadows

Smash Rookie
Destruction_King said:

Metal Mario was a boss character in SSB64. He becasme very popular, and metal versions of everyone could be made through an item in SSBM.

Now then, what if the Fierce Diety Mask became an item in SSBB? Then, everyone could have a Fierce Diety Version of themselves!!! :evil:
Oh, GOD, would that ever pwn.

Still, as cool as it is, I don't see it happening. Just like I don't see Wind Waker Ganondorf being in it... :cry:

Cuj0

Smash Rookie
Destruction_King said:

that actuly isnt a bad idea every one would have the cool *** helix sword and have the same smashes with the sword and all they have 2 do is put the little white skirt and his chest plate.the item could be the mask,as cool as that sounds it wont happen firce link has a better chance of making it than the item,but good idea.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is stupid, do we really want Super Saiyan Link? No. He was too powerful, even in the game, being restricted to boss fights only. Simply put, there is absolutley NO CHANCE of him getting in.

Cuj0

Smash Rookie
Mic_Fox said:
This is stupid, do we really want Super Saiyan Link? No. He was too powerful, even in the game, being restricted to boss fights only. Simply put, there is absolutley NO CHANCE of him getting in.
hater!!!!!!!! but i undurstand u though but i have a dream that fierce link will be in ssbb now is that so wrong?

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Mic_Fox said:
Recall Mewtwo? He was the most powerful Pokemon in the games, and even more powerful in the anime. Yet here we have a lower tier Mewtwo.

Now, tell me again that "Super Saiyan Link" won't work.

Lozmaster

Smash Rookie
I couldn't see him being a seperate character , however I could imagine it being a sperate costume for Link , instead of just changing the colours.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Lozmaster said:
I couldn't see him being a seperate character , however I could imagine it being a sperate costume for Link , instead of just changing the colours.
Fierce Deity Link has a two-handed sword, no shield, no Hookshot, no bow, no boomerang, and no bombs. How can he be an alternate costume to Link?

Lozmaster

Smash Rookie
You just assume that he dosen't have those things , but when you see Link fight , he dosen't appear to have those items , until he pulls out from somewhere in his tunic.
As for the shield , just have him animated without it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Master Puppet said:
Recall Mewtwo? He was the most powerful Pokemon in the games, and even more powerful in the anime. Yet here we have a lower tier Mewtwo.

Now, tell me again that "Super Saiyan Link" won't work.
SuperSayn link won't work. Mewtwo (forget the anime, we're talking games) was not something you could only use in boss fights, he was a reward for beating the elite four. The FD mask was also a reward, but where Mewtwo could be used in any battle, FD Mask was ONLY used in boss fights.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Lozmaster said:
You just assume that he dosen't have those things , but when you see Link fight , he dosen't appear to have those items , until he pulls out from somewhere in his tunic.
As for the shield , just have him animated without it.
Have you ever played Majora's Mask? Link can't use any item besides his sword, which replaces the bow with sword beams. However, the boomerang, bombs, hookshot and shield are still missing.

And Mic Fox, that really wasn't my point. The point was that both of them are unlocked at the end of the game, and both would be nerfed for SSB. Does it really matter when you got to use them?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Master Puppet said:
Have you ever played Majora's Mask? Link can't use any item besides his sword, which replaces the bow with sword beams. However, the boomerang, bombs, hookshot and shield are still missing.
He didn't need anything other than the sword. All he had to do was basically mash B. Even if he wasn't in range to hit the Mask with the sword the light it shot off still hit. And why bother with arrows, hookshot, shield, when you don't need to time shields right to reflect lasers, to shoot arrows at weak points if you can jsut walk up to the boss and kill it in half a dozzen swipes?

Lozmaster

Smash Rookie
Yes i have played majoras mask , and just because he dosen't use them dosen't mean he can't. Techiniclly adult link can't use the boomerang either , but that didn't stop him.

2woShots

Smash Cadet
Hey, Oni Link is ********, and the thought of him getting into Brawl is ********.

You honestly want to put ANOTHER Link in this game? How ****ing stupid are you? Variety would be a better idea, instead of having 2-3 ****ing Links. I would rather see a ****ing GOOMBA in this game than Oni Link. You people come up with the ****tiest ****ing ideas ever, and if you made the game, nobody would buy it.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Mic_Fox said:
He didn't need anything other than the sword. All he had to do was basically mash B. Even if he wasn't in range to hit the Mask with the sword the light it shot off still hit. And why bother with arrows, hookshot, shield, when you don't need to time shields right to reflect lasers, to shoot arrows at weak points if you can jsut walk up to the boss and kill it in half a dozzen swipes?
Exactly. I was actually replying to Lozmaster, who assumed that Fierce Deity Link could be an alternate costume to Link. What you said is simply helping my case. Thank you.

And I have already said that, like Mewtwo, Fierce Deity Link would be nerfed, so your power argument is invalid. Good day, sir.

Lozmaster

Smash Rookie
2woShots calm down , that's the reason I would rather it be anotehr costume than another character.
Infact thats pretty much my view on most clones.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Lozmaster said:
2woShots calm down , that's the reason I would rather it be anotehr costume than another character.
Infact thats pretty much my view on most clones.
He cannot be a costume as he is completely different. Doing that would be like making Luigi an alternate costume to Mario. In fact, it's worse because Fierce Deity Link would not be a clone to Link, without a boomerang, bombs, arrows, hookshot or a shield.

Lozmaster

Smash Rookie
You really think that if he was included , that he wouldn't be another clone. I find that highly unlikely, and even more unlikely , that a third version of link would be included. THe most likely thing is to put TP link in (duh seen the trailer) ANd either keep a Young Link or Cel shaded linkas the second link , assuming they even keep any clones

NukeA6

Smash Master
Oni Link would actually work and won't be a clone since he has no shield or any of those secondary weapons (Boomerang, Bombs, etc.).

I would only accept him if he replaces Young Link and I would rather have him than Wind Waker Link.

Virus

Smash Rookie
If Young Link is still in the game, I'd figure Oni Link should be some sort of Brawl Attack for him. Such as putting the mask on and blasting the sh*t out of everyone.

He's too powerful to be a separate character... plus he's a minor.
You're gonna say Mewtwo was all powerful, but toned down... well that was one huge mistake by Nintendo :ohwell: totally unfair.

It should be limited to a Brawl move, plus isn't 2 Link's enough? We don't need 3 or 4 Links running around hacking each other, this game isn't Zelda only......

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Mic_Fox said:
This is stupid, do we really want Super Saiyan Link?
How dare you degrade one of my favorite variants of Link by comparing him or otherwise associating him in any way whatsoever with Dragon Ball Z? :ohwell:

He's an awesome character, and no doubt he could be balanced to fit in Smash. He would even have an original moveset (are there any other Zweihänder (two-handed-sword) wielding characters?). There are a couple things holding him from Smash, though. First, he's another version of Link, and depending on whether or not Nintendo wants "clones" (I know he would have a different moveset, but the situation would be similar because they are the same person), it could count against him. Secondly, he is a relatively obscure Zelda character who only appears for the final fight - in that sense, there are many more fan-favorite Zelda characters who stand a better chance.

I'd like him, but, realistically, he's very unlikely.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
You guys jsut don't understand do you?

Oni-Link : MM :: Sheik : Ocarina. The most bad-*** thing in the game that you wish would get more time in the spotlight. Thus I say, by god, PUT Deity Link in the game. But
The best way to do it is to make it Y.Link's Super Attack!

It's that simple, he gets a short burst of godliness like everyone else. And then transforms right back after a few seconds. And to all the people who've already said this. Thank you. You guys hit the mark.

I know, a lot of respected members are against this, but come one guys. Even the art-style of the Fierce Deity is too good to pass-up. At least say he'd be a good trophy. And If he's just a short-term transformation for Young Link, it wouldn't be any more imbalanced than the Marioken.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna say he'd work as a boss character in the Adventure mode, maybe an unlockable boss character. But I like the idea of everyone having a "fierce-diety" mode when they find the mask. Maybe that could be implemented into Adventure mode, too, like everyone has to fight the fierce diety version of themselves. I still support the unlockable boss character idea. Many fighting games have unlockable bosses and their are many characters for SSBB that could fit into that position.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Resting_Fox said:
You guys jsut don't understand do you?

Oni-Link : MM :: Sheik : Ocarina. The most bad-*** thing in the game that you wish would get more time in the spotlight. Thus I say, by god, PUT Deity Link in the game. But
The best way to do it is to make it Y.Link's Super Attack!

It's that simple, he gets a short burst of godliness like everyone else. And then transforms right back after a few seconds. And to all the people who've already said this. Thank you. You guys hit the mark.
Meh. I still thing the Fierce Diety's Mask should be an item, not a move.

D

Deleted member

TDub301 said:
I was gonna say he'd work as a boss character in the Adventure mode, maybe an unlockable boss character. But I like the idea of everyone having a "fierce-diety" mode when they find the mask. Maybe that could be implemented into Adventure mode, too, like everyone has to fight the fierce diety version of themselves. I still support the unlockable boss character idea. Many fighting games have unlockable bosses and their are many characters for SSBB that could fit into that position.
Hah. Fierce Deity Pichu. Oni Marth would be a god.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Paranoid_Android said:
How dare you degrade one of my favorite variants of Link by comparing him or otherwise associating him in any way whatsoever with Dragon Ball Z?
1. Link can only use the mask vsing a boss, much like turning Super sayain.
2. When he uses it he poses and yells, just like DBZ.

Top Bottom