• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
NukeA6 said:
So is Kid Icarus and Ice Climber. Just because a game is old doesn't mean anything.
Yes but those are classics. I mean Majora's Mask was great but still nothing compared to OoT. And Link and Young Link where both inspired on moves from OoT and not Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask is just an old game, its far more likely that Cel Shaded Link will be playable. Still Fiercy Diety Link is a nice character.

Majora731

Smash Apprentice
I think you should just be able to be him using the Action Replay is he is too much.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
Adding Fierce Diety Link and Link would be like adding Geno and his true form which is a tiny star.
Zero Suit Samus is just Samus without her armor which you only play as at least once or twice in Metroid games AND they were optional. YET she still made it in the game. Yes, I know she is one character with the regular Samus but the things you are saying mean that everyone should think that its a bad idea adding her cause she is the same Samus with different moves. But instead everyone likes it and I have yet to see an argument saying she is a dumb addition. Hell, I even read that they would rather had ZZS as a seperate character.

That would be the same issue with Oni Link. And if he was just Young Link's Super, people would be like "Hey why cant we play as that badd@ss Link? He is just there for a hit! That's so gay!!"

NO! YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING BACK! SHUT UP!

Hell, I think if he made it in, everyone, including you, would go like "OMG ONI LINK! MAKE MOVESETS, NOW!!!!!!!1!!!11!shift1!!"

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think you're taking what I said a little too seriously, and I AM going to say something back. Zamus is already confirmed for Brawl, so I'm not going to whine about her inclusion. She looks like she'll fight a LOT different from Samus, and she only adds to the pictures in my sig, Oni Link can't do that, but that's not the main reason I don't want him in.

Why would I be happy if Oni Link was included in Brawl after I just said I don't want him in? I wouldn't freak out like you said I would, I'd never freak out that much no matter who got in. Unless it was me of course, but that's not going to happen.

I do agree with what you said about the people being mad though, just like some were when they saw Ganondorf using his sword in his victory pose.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
ZS Samus : Samus :: Fierce Diety Link : Link

You simply cannot argue against one without denouncing the inclusion of the other. So far, I haven't seen a whole lot of b*tching about Zamus' apppearance in Smash, but the second someone suggests a really equivilant character (situationally, that is), there's an uproar of flaming and whining.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Fierce Diety can be Young Link's super then everyone's happy, ZSamus was in more than one game though plural and is just plain better than Oni Link

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
When did I flame anybody? Most people who posted in this thread seem to want him in so I don't exactly see how there's an "uproar of flaming and whining" against this idea. A few people say they don't want him in and you start b*tching about how they're flaming and whining.

I'm not complaining about Zamus because she's already confirmed. I already said that, and I don't want Fierce Diety Link in so I gave reasons for why I don't.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
When did I flame anybody? Most people who posted in this thread seem to want him in so I don't exactly see how there's an "uproar of flaming and whining" against this idea. A few people say they don't want him in and you start b*tching about how they're flaming and whining.

I'm not complaining about Zamus because she's already confirmed. I already said that, and I don't want Fierce Diety Link in so I gave reasons for why I don't.
Did I say, "there's an uproar of flaming and whining from Mashigio"?

No. Maybe I was unclear. I count all specious logic as whining.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Paranoid_Android said:
ZS Samus : Samus :: Fierce Diety Link : Link

You simply cannot argue against one without denouncing the inclusion of the other.

Yeah, you can actually. Does Samus taking off her suit make her a god? No. Does YLink putting on the FD Mask make him one? By golly it DOES. Should Gods be allowed in? No, because they're either overpowered or they get powered down for ballance and complain about how weak he is (Mewtwo)

Also, if he really stood a chance, I think they would have said a bit more in MM about the background and history of the FD Mask. We know the story/history of all the other Masks Link got, even Majoras, but nothing is known about the FD Mask, and Nintendo were probably hoping never to use it again.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
If anything the FD mask should be an item for just powering up the player in a certain amount of time. The FD idea is stupid and if he is added to the game he is going to be overused and overpowered.

kaid

Smash Master
People were asking for "Justin Baley" and "JB Samus" in the old spam topic. Zamus is Sakura's answer.

Fierce Diety is from 1 game during nintendo's slow years with the 64. It's not old enough to be classic, but too old to be worth going back to.

And if they DID go back to MM for a character, it would be Majora, not Fierce Diety.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Marshigio said:
Wait, so if Oni Link was confirmed before ZZ Samus would you have accepted him and rejected her?

Mic_Fox said:
Yeah, you can actually. Does Samus taking off her suit make her a god? No. Does YLink putting on the FD Mask make him one? By golly it DOES. Should Gods be allowed in? No, because they're either overpowered or they get powered down for ballance and complain about how weak he is (Mewtwo)
You are just going game-wise. Im not gonna bother with this.

Duality said:
If anything the FD mask should be an item for just powering up the player in a certain amount of time. The FD idea is stupid and if he is added to the game he is going to be overused and overpowered.
Nice idea, but that would mean everyone would have to get an altered look to fit Oni style. That would take a bit of extra developing time. Wouldn't be as easy as going metal. I like the idea thought! Imagine: Oni Mario

xianfeng said:
Fierce Diety can be Young Link's super then everyone's happy, ZSamus was in more than one game though plural and is just plain better than Oni Link
I rather have Oni Link than having Young Link return.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Chidosengan said:
You are just going game-wise. Im not gonna bother with this.
I'm sorry, What? You're not going to attempt to debunk my argument because it's relating to the game? Isn't that the POINT of this anyway?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
kaid said:
People were asking for "Justin Baley" and "JB Samus" in the old spam topic. Zamus is Sakura's answer.

Fierce Diety is from 1 game during nintendo's slow years with the 64. It's not old enough to be classic, but too old to be worth going back to.
Well yes, but that's exactly one period that needs to be considered. It's not old enough to be classic and not new enough to be fresh on people's memories. And that makes for some cool surprises. Although hopefully the completely UN-classic, DK rap is removed. Zelda 2 is not generally considered to be as classic as Zelda, but it got some representation in Melee. What with the temple theme and scenery resemblances.

And if they DID go back to MM for a character, it would be Majora, not Fierce Diety.
Not necessarily. I have never met anyone on these forums who would like to play as Majora. Skull Kid with the mask, maybe, but never Majora himself.

And, to counter Mic's argument, if we can admit Skull Kid fused with Majora has a chance, doesn't that mean Link fused with the Fierce Deity has one as well? I don't think anyone would complain about Skull Kid not being able to drop the moon on his enemies; why complain about Oni-Link not being able to kill in three hits?

xianfeng said:
Young Link's more loved though because he was the main character in all of the zelda games but AoL or alttp(i think), OoT and TP
Wait, though. Didn't Zelda 2 say in game that it took place directly after the original Zelda?

kaid

Smash Master
...Because Majora's mask did OTHER things? Tentacles for A moves, magik for B moves?

I'm not saying put majora's mask in, although I have seen people ask for SK/MM... I'm just saying Fierce diety is an even worse choice.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather have SSBB just clone more characters than have FD...Star Wolf>FD

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
hopefully the completely UN-classic, DK rap is removed.
:(

And, to counter Mic's argument, if we can admit Skull Kid fused with Majora has a chance, doesn't that mean Link fused with the Fierce Deity has one as well? I don't think anyone would complain about Skull Kid not being able to drop the moon on his enemies; why complain about Oni-Link not being able to kill in three hits?
My point though, is that all FD Link is, is Super Sayain Link. Majoras mask/Skull Kid is a lot more Iconic because;

1. No matter what sidequests you did, you always saw MM/SK
2. SK/MM has a whole back story while FD has literally, Zero.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Resting_Fox said:
Wait, though. Didn't Zelda 2 say in game that it took place directly after the original Zelda?
I dunno one of the old games had adult link but I dunno which I took a stab in the dark I don't know much about the zelda timeline it's pretty screwed up!

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Chidosengan said:
Wait, so if Oni Link was confirmed before ZZ Samus would you have accepted him and rejected her?
It's Zamus, and no I wouldn't be because Brawl needs more females. She also helps put things in my sig so I would've loved to have her. I would accept that Oni Link was in though because I'm not going to whine about a character who is already in.

Oni Link can't do any of that, and no that's not the only reason I say no for those of you who haven't read my other posts.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
SR7884 said:
that would be very good, but would anyone play as the non Fierece Deity versions of the characters afterwards?

Yeah, if everyone turns the items off. Fierce Deity would be cool for a while, but then most people wind up turning all the items off anyway.

SereneShadows

Smash Rookie
Ugh, I came back to a QUOTE WAR? :urg:

Guys, you saw how much they nerfed Mewtwo. The people that made the game nerfed those characters for a reason. Although they looked cool and probably blew @#$% up, that doesn't mean that an appearance in SSB will cause Fox to run home to his mommy with his tail between his legs.

Wake up, people. Just because a character was godly in his appearance, DOES NOT MEAN THAT, IF HE MAKES AN APPEARANCE IN SSB, HE WILL BE GODLY THERE.

I mean, just look at Mewtwo. Pikachu can kick his kiester all over the place, yet I don't fancy Pikachu's chances in the game of Pokémon against Mewtwo. :ohwell:

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
There is one difference though, between Mewtwo and Fierce Deity. In the battle between Pikachu and Mewtwo, Mewtwo lost. Fierce Deity is winner. However, Jigglypuff beating Mewtwo should have NEVER happened. But as long as Fierce Deity is able to give ganondorf and other brutes a fair fight, I wouldn't have any reason to complain.

And to get back on topic, let's brainstorm ideas for Deity Link's potential playstyle, instead of whether or not he deserves to be in it.

RPK

Smash Lord
I think that young link should go in instead of Fierce Diety. that should be the super for young link or a random down B that would allow him to transform into some of 4 forms. Each at random and one of them the fierce Diety. That would be pretty cool and it would keep young link players happy too. Including you guys

Versat

Smash Rookie
Maybe they could invlude it as another costume for link (not the color-changing from SSB:M) make it a smaller version of the fierce deity sword and a different version of the shield. It's a nice middle ground.

Second, I've had a few curious thoughts while reading this. Imagine, for a moment, The jigglypuff, Wario, Waluigi, and Kirby Fierce Deities. The picture I see either means it's certain that nintendo will include a FD mask item, or it will never have a chance of happening.

Also, I think FD Ganondorf could really give FD link a rough time in battle.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well, I could imagine a Fierce Deity version of every character, but the problem is the artists who created the original Oni-Link are probably not the same artists working on Brawl.

So I think the developers of Brawl should just make an updated version of Oni-Link based on his original artwork.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Oni-Link = Fierce Deity Link = The most awesome design of Link to ever be tragically suppressed by graphical limitations.

Oni-Link was his name in japanese, which roughly translates to Demon Link. Not sure if there's supposed to be a hyphen or not. But I think it's optional like with Meta-Knight.

I just prefer Oni-Link because it's faster and more witty.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
See the problem is that I wouldn't mind playing as FD Link, but if I'm gonna play as him, I don't want a toned down ***** version. But then, that's not fair if he's more powerful than everyone else. I think he should either be a boss character (hopefully unlockable after you do something that's very hard in the game) or the mask should be an item that everyone can use and turn to a FD version of themselves for about 30 seconds or so. But you can't deny what MicFox said, Zamus is not a super-human verion of Samus, in fact it's the opposite. The argument that including Zamus and not FD Link is hypocritical is not well thought-out. Zamus will be a weaker, faster version of Samus, who already isn't the most powerful character in the game by any measure(good and one of the more powerful characters, yes, but not close to the most). Link, however is also in the middle somewhere, FD Link would be overkill or a dissapointment. Pick one, either way, it's not good in my opinion for him to be his own playable character.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
TDub301 said:
See the problem is that I wouldn't mind playing as FD Link, but if I'm gonna play as him, I don't want a toned down ***** version. But then, that's not fair if he's more powerful than everyone else. I think he should either be a boss character (hopefully unlockable after you do something that's very hard in the game) or the mask should be an item that everyone can use and turn to a FD version of themselves for about 30 seconds or so. But you can't deny what MicFox said, Zamus is not a super-human verion of Samus, in fact it's the opposite. The argument that including Zamus and not FD Link is hypocritical is not well thought-out. Zamus will be a weaker, faster version of Samus, who already isn't the most powerful character in the game by any measure(good and one of the more powerful characters, yes, but not close to the most). Link, however is also in the middle somewhere, FD Link would be overkill or a dissapointment. Pick one, either way, it's not good in my opinion for him to be his own playable character.
Those power translations mean absolutely nothing in Super Smash Brothers. In real life, Mario wouldn't stand a chance against Solid Snake, and yet he's in, isn't he? You can't measure a character's skill in SSB by their games. After all, Mario can kill Bowser in three hits in his games, but did that stop them?

KaioKen FireFox

Smash Rookie
Fierce Diety Fox

I, for one, would love to see Fierce Diety Link in the game, being that he was my favorite version of Link. I mean, come on. Double Helix Sword + Energy Beam = Crazy Delicious! I don't understand why people think he's too godlike to be in the game. I mean, Ganondorf is no match for Jigglypuff (at least the way I use Jigglypuff) in Smash Bros, so they can make him work. They can just give him different moves from regular Link.

Although, I like the idea of making the Fierce Diety Mask a weapon. I mean, Fierce Diety Fox has a REALLY nice ring to it!F

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
It has nothing to do with skill. It has to do with power. People complained that Mewtwo was in the game and getting his *** kicked. He should arguably be the most powerful character in the game, even though he's one of the most *****ed characters. In real life Mewtwo would kick Snake's *** with a flick of his pinky finger. The point is that if FD Link were in the game and they made him true to his REAL character in MM, he'd destroy all the other characters (since the ones who could fight him have been toned down). That's not right. Or they could take the other course and tone him down. But then we'd have another Mewtwo on our hands. They can't make him big and fast with a lot of weight, even though he has all those qualities. He'd be toned down and then would only be a shadow of his former self and I don't want them to do that. Being powerful is mostly why he's so cool. If you like him enough, you wouldn't want to play as him so bad that you'll make them embarress him and make him suck. Although, if they made the mask an item that a character could pick up, they don't have to mock him by toning him down, they can keep him kicking *** and in the game, it's just got to be fair for the other characters. Or they could make him an unlockable boss, they'd probably just ban his use in tournaments if that happened.

And for the record, wether Snake would kick Mario's *** is very arguable, Mario is very agile and able to fight just like Snake. Just because you like Snake more doesn't mean he'd kick Mario's *** in a fight, sorry.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
no, Zamus is Samus without her space suit on. Called Zero Suit Samus, but here, they've shortened it to Zamus, cuz it's easier to type. I haven't played it, but in a recent game boy Metroid game, you were able to play Samus in her Zero suit. I think it might've been optional, too, not sure. But the official Smash Brothers site says that under certain conditions, Samus will shed her space suit. Zamus is supposed to be a different version of Samus with a laser/light whip weapon who is a little faster and weaker.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
This stuff about" He's too powerful" look at ganondorf. Or bowser. They were all powerful beings in their games, but look at them now. I think it is likely they will take out young link so I think they should replace him with Fierce Diety Link.

Top Bottom