• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
Well about what you siad of Y.Link transforming into ww link. That just doesnt seem right at all to begin with because there is no connection between the two, where as FD Link has some connection since Y.Link from LoZ:MM transforms into him after putting on the FD mask

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Well about what you siad of Y.Link transforming into ww link. That just doesnt seem right at all to begin with because there is no connection between the two, where as FD Link has some connection since Y.Link from LoZ:MM transforms into him after putting on the FD mask
I ment transforming as in YL will leave smash and WW will come in his place.

Gindor

Smash Ace
ughh...sorry for the x2 post.....

Due to school, I cannot talk on the threads as much now, it has become a bother.

If anything big happens, PM me about it. I will come for big things.

Fierce deity for brawl! (hopefully tonight)

What happened to that new Fierce deity moveset/thread (insert name of person who's name eludes me, that thread is important to me-Edit-PM me about it.)

Sinn

Smash Lord
Back when Melee was still new, I wished that it had some kind of special transformation thingie for every character...and I wanted Link's to be the FDM. Of course, the new Final Smash mechanic seems to be similar to what I was thinking.

I was just talking with my friend the other day too about how it would make a great Final Smash for young Link assuming he gets into the game. We wanted YL to have a completely revamped moveset if that happens though...

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
That seems to be the general consensus of the players here. Most people want him as Y.Link's final smash, which is alright with me, but I'd rather him be a P.C. is all. Still, if he does become Y.Link's FS, I won't complain at all.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I whont read all the thread sooo... i'm just curious, do you really think FDL has a chance? if so, why? I mean who doesn't love the guy.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
That seems to be the general consensus of the players here. Most people want him as Y.Link's final smash, which is alright with me, but I'd rather him be a P.C. is all. Still, if he does become Y.Link's FS, I won't complain at all.
I will. Because it means that Y. Link is back in instead of Hero of Winds, who is far more deserving, even if you manage to give OoT/MM Y.Link a new moveset.

But I think Fierce Deity Link would still look pretty sweet. Dunno about the effort of programming, but I could imagine it as a semi-cloned boss who utilizes Link's A attacks and Up B, but as the standard B has an energy toss. And no Over B or Down B, since he's just a boss.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Back when Melee was still new, I wished that it had some kind of special transformation thingie for every character...and I wanted Link's to be the FDM. Of course, the new Final Smash mechanic seems to be similar to what I was thinking.

I was just talking with my friend the other day too about how it would make a great Final Smash for young Link assuming he gets into the game. We wanted YL to have a completely revamped moveset if that happens though...
QFT

QFT

I whont read all the thread sooo... i'm just curious, do you really think FDL has a chance? if so, why? I mean who doesn't love the guy.
I think he does have a chance, however low, but he needs support and great representation.

I will. Because it means that Y. Link is back in instead of Hero of Winds, who is far more deserving, even if you manage to give OoT/MM Y.Link a new moveset.

But I think Fierce Deity Link would still look pretty sweet. Dunno about the effort of programming, but I could imagine it as a semi-cloned boss who utilizes Link's A attacks and Up B, but as the standard B has an energy toss. And no Over B or Down B, since he's just a boss.
I myself would sacrifice WW for a FS form of YL, but that is mainly because I think the two links wouldn't be that different. I know he has potential, sorry, I just like FD a bit more-note, I am not a WW game hater-I think it was the best of them all

He could be a kick a** boss, I admit that, and then you could hack to play as him, SWEET!

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I myself would sacrifice WW for a FS form of YL, but that is mainly because I think the two links wouldn't be that different. I know he has potential, sorry, I just like FD a bit more-note, I am not a WW game hater-I think it was the best of them all

He could be a kick a** boss, I admit that, and then you could hack to play as him, SWEET!
See, thing is, Wind Waker Link could be far more different from regular Link than Y. Link unless you draw in the masks, and Majora's Mask was a while back now, so I'd prefer to see Celda.

I simply think that altering the programming numbers for speed and attack power in Link, with a new B move and removal of the Over B and Down B would be the best way to implement Fierce Deity Link as a boss. Quick and easy, and then all you have to do is skin the character. No great loss of time, takes even less time than a clone I suspect, and allows a good representation for him. Hell, if they really wanted to, just shift some Over or Down B attacks from other swordsmen, god knows there's enough of them.

Sinn

Smash Lord
See, thing is, Wind Waker Link could be far more different from regular Link than Y. Link unless you draw in the masks, and Majora's Mask was a while back now, so I'd prefer to see Celda.
That's actually one thing me and my friend talked about. If, apart from his Up special, all of Young Link's special moves were the three transformation masks in MM (with FD being the Final Smash), it would give him a lot of diversity. Though I would want them to add in something that didn't make him overuse one form too much ala Sheik.

Gindor

Smash Ace

I simply think that altering the programming numbers for speed and attack power in Link, with a new B move and removal of the Over B and Down B would be the best way to implement Fierce Deity Link as a boss. Quick and easy, and then all you have to do is skin the character. No great loss of time, takes even less time than a clone I suspect, and allows a good representation for him. Hell, if they really wanted to, just shift some Over or Down B attacks from other swordsmen, god knows there's enough of them.
FD for boss = still awesome

I don't know, I just wouldn't want WW link in as much as YL with FD FS.
It's probably just me.

That's actually one thing me and my friend talked about. If, apart from his Up special, all of Young Link's special moves were the three transformation masks in MM (with FD being the Final Smash), it would give him a lot of diversity. Though I would want them to add in something that didn't make him overuse one form too much ala Sheik.
I just hate the mask idea, I hate new sheiks to come into exsitance (spam of one/lack of use for the other). I was one of them, and I am sad for zelda (melee).
Why PT can get away with it, is the fact that the pokemon have HP, and force you to learn how to swap them at right times, and not overuse one.

The hard fact is, I like FD more than WW link, and would even sacrifice another good character for him to be in, even if it was only as a FS.

maybe I don't like WW because he had odd proportions, and I was forced to see them all thoughout that game.

shame on me...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well... I'm going to say it would have been a cool Final Smash if they were going into some classicaly elements like that.

But do we need another Link? I don't think so. But you might, and like some people were saying he was soo strong..

-Onyx

Gindor

Smash Ace
Well... I'm going to say it would have been a cool Final Smash if they were going into some classicaly elements like that.

But do we need another Link? I don't think so. But you might, and like some people were saying he was soo strong..

-Onyx
Do we need another mario character? I know it isn't the same thing, but this game is baught buy fans. How does the company, get them to buy the game, they put characters they want in it, be it ******** characters or not.
Fierce deity has a low chance, and you probably won't have anything to worry about.

EDit-I forgot to say, try to be open, I have shut down WW link to myself practically, just because I like FD so much, but I must be more open too.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I'd hate for FD to be a boss! It would be torturous if you could fight AGAINST him, but not fight AS him! I mean, sure, as far as bosses go, he'd rock prolly slightly harder than Ganon, but honestly, it would be like dangling 1,000,000$ in front of my face and laughing that I can't get it!

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Majora's Mask came before Melee, and he wasn't in Melee. There is no way he's getting in.

It would be awesome. Kind of a pointless topic, though.

Sinn

Smash Lord
By that argument, most of the Brawl Newcomers wouldn't be in Brawl because their games were out before Melee. Emphasis on Diddy, Pit, Metaknight, Wario, Pokémon Trainer and Snake. I think Zero Mission came out afterwards, and I'm pretty sure Ike's game did too.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Hai. I understand FD's chances of getting into Brawl are VERY low, but not impossible, so I hold onto this false hope, praying that one of these days, I'll see,

"NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!"
Fierce Deity Link

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Despite the fact that I believe Fierce Deity Link is one of (keyword:one of) the best things that happened to Zelda....I'd much rather have him as an alt. costume for Link...or an item....think about it

Fierce Deity's Mask:
putting it on transforms you into a Fierce Deity version of whatever character your playing for a while...

imagine Fierce Deity Falcon's knee
Fierce Deity Jigglypuff's Wall of DEATH

and if he sadly does only make it as a boss or assist trophy then I will die inside a little while I bask in his eternal aura of badassness...

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Majora's Mask came before Melee, and he wasn't in Melee. There is no way he's getting in.

It would be awesome. Kind of a pointless topic, though.

I don't care if Fierce Deity Link makes it in Brawl or not, but your logic is flawed. Ice Clibers (and Game and Watch, and Doctor Mario) were in games released before the original smash bros., didn't make it, but made it into Melee. So apparently Nintendo doesn't mind using characters that they skipped before.

Are you saying that the only new characters Brawl can have are ones created since Melee's release?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Despite the fact that I believe Fierce Deity Link is one of (keyword:one of) the best things that happened to Zelda....I'd much rather have him as an alt. costume for Link...or an item....think about it

Fierce Deity's Mask:
putting it on transforms you into a Fierce Deity version of whatever character your playing for a while...

imagine Fierce Deity Falcon's knee
Fierce Deity Jigglypuff's Wall of DEATH

That's actually a fairly kickass idea. Though...I would think that Bowser's FD form would be much the same as his final smash form...so what else would they do?

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Do i think we already have to many zelda characters in brawl
Yes
Fierce Diety Link how ever is bound by no limits or laws so he should be in cause he just kicks to much ***. Or skull kid

.::Link::.

Smash Apprentice
All of you out there that are saying 'FD Link will be to powerful' are right but you have to remember....he was powerful in his own game.....they could easily tone him down in SSBB and make him a unique and useful character. Just because he would be overpowered in his Majoras Mask form doesn't mean he can't be transferred to a SSBB and not be overpowered.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yeah, what he said. Besides, we all know that Mewtwo is one of the strongest Pokémon in the series, and he's nothing like that in Smash Bros. Same principle applies.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
exactly...Smash follows the rules it wants to follow...

of course if we get 2 Links in Brawl(TP Link and WW/FS Link[Young Link]) then 3 is just way too much...

I dunno I still go for the item thing I suggested...

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
we dunno if young link'll be there but if young link was to get replaced with FD link i wouldn't mind.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Dude, can you IMAGINE a Twilight Princess-esque design of FD Link? I don't think the universe could contain that much kickass. It would be like...the Magic Armor but better.

Speaking of which, if that Magic Armor makes an appearance as an alternate costume for Link, I MAY have to start using him a whole lot more...

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would totally be ok with that. :D Too bad Link's final smash is taken, cuz I think that would be freakin' awesome! But, you'd think it'd be the wolf. Eh, FD is better..... :D

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
ehhh...i rather have wolf, young link or skull kid.

somehow i have a feeling that if wolf WAS in brawl. he would be bottom tier...=(

Top Bottom