• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
Fine, fine! PM me your ideas of FD. I'll compile them, and make a moveset. ^^ I'll even ask yall's assistance in getting it to whatshisname.. Forgot it. ^^ Err.. Sakurai?

- The Guy.

Edit: Err... Invader? You HAVE a dog?

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
If your kidding, you bring a tear to my eye :cry:

If not, that would be totally friggin kewl. I'd like his down B to have him sink into the shadows or something...maybe even a teleport move? Slow, so people have enough time to dodge him when he re-appears, but it would be kind of cool.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
w00t! You rock dude. Seriously though, if they add one more LoZ character to the (most likely) 4 representive roster, I demand that it is Oni Link. Cause you know, he kicks ***.

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
Already compiling a move set. Many thanks to Gindor, and anyone else who PMed me concerning this!

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Already compiling a move set. Many thanks to Gindor, and anyone else who PMed me concerning this!
Awesome-thank you.

I personally don't really care for another form of Link. I mean, Cell shaded Link, Midna with Wolf Link, gotta draw the line somewhere!
Than you can vote for the deity himself if you don't want another link.

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
MageNinja said:
He's too big to be a playable(He's twice as tall as Teenage Link) so there. No.
To refute this, he's NOT twice as tall as Teenage Link. He's twice as tall as Young Link, as tall as Adult Link.
Pokebrawl said:
I personally don't really care for another form of Link. I mean, Cell shaded Link, Midna with Wolf Link, gotta draw the line somewhere!
Now.. To refute THIS: Did I say Fierce Deity Link? That's a restricted Fierce Deity, now isn't it? Why don't we draw him out in FULL, instead of in the body of Link? That IS what I intend after all. ;) Once I compile the moveset, shall I start it as a new topic, and link it in here? He IS similar to Link, but he is NOT Link, so you know. He's cooler, more powerful (Doesn't mean as fast!), AND WAAAAAY older.

Again, much thanks to Gindor for the help!

Gindor

Smash Ace
I agree that people are wanting too many, but since link has so many reincarnations, I would be happy with two, three would be pushing it very much.

The second link (though not really him) that I would want in would be FD, but I have no real opinion on the third, EXCEPT-no wolf link!-unless you can enlighten me...

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
I'll let the enlightenment stay low. ;) Because I'm a debater, I really want to do that "enlightenment", but hehe. I'll spare you of that for now. =D I really don't care for Wolf Link, but hey.. I grew up LOVING Fierce Deity.
So...

Let Out The Fierce Deity In You! (TM)

- Net (XD)

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
D00d, you freakin rock! It's good to have another staunch supporter of FD, even if he does have a low chance of making it in. But hey, this is SSBB, so anything can happen, no?

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
To refute this, he's NOT twice as tall as Teenage Link. He's twice as tall as Young Link, as tall as Adult Link.
I've cleared this up once, I'll do it again. FD link is much bigger than Adult Link. Do the FD in Clocktown glitch and stand next to Anju. Now go to OoT as adult link and stand next to the chicken lady. He's several feet taller.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
I think that he could be the tallest fighter, but it would still work. Sure, he'd be murdered by projectiles, but then again, his sword's so long, I doubt that would hurt him on the small stages.

Gindor

Smash Ace
the counter point to his range and power would be lag and delay because of how long/huge the sword is.

oh, got your point, also I was saying something that bugged me about the sword = shield idea, nothing against you :)
another point to how the sword doesn't act as a shield is that it is held in a fasion that lets projectiles fly past it.

Net_Creator

Smash Rookie
Aye. The Sword is NOT A SHIELD! In LotR you can parry, if you don't have a shield. But it's NOT A SHIELD! He'd use the Smash Shield for the "R/Z" Shield from the GC controller. You know, the transparent one. :) Or, he can go into a defensive stance, and for blocking projectiles/attacks, he can parry. Of course, people can hit something to TRY to deflect it. . as long as it's not a bob-omb! O.O

And my apologies, Ekul. I cannot check OoT because I lost my Gamecube Zelda: Collector's Edition disc, and haven't been able to play my fav. games since. :'(
But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and not continue the debate. ;) Of course, if I were to continue it, I'd have to compare the 'chicken lady' - can't remember the name if she has one - with Anju's height. But trust me, I would, as any sensible person, check that out if I still could. ;)

- Net

PS. Anyone else going to PM me about him besides Gindor? =P

Gindor

Smash Ace
Rant time (because I thought of something and don't want to lose it)-a sword can be used as a shield if it is big enough, but FD's style didn't use it as a shield, however cool that would be (even to me too).

anyone know a fictional swordsman that that used their sword as a shield at some point.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Rant time (because I thought of something and don't want to lose it)-a sword can be used as a shield if it is big enough, but FD's style didn't use it as a shield, however cool that would be (even to me too).

anyone know a fictional swordsman that that used their sword as a shield at some point.
True. That probably did happen at one time. I think maybe one of the trade offs for Oni Link's sheer power is that his shield would be disabled. (and maybe his grabs? I mean, it's not like he had any in the game...)

Gindor

Smash Ace
True. That probably did happen at one time. I think maybe one of the trade offs for Oni Link's sheer power is that his shield would be disabled. (and maybe his grabs? I mean, it's not like he had any in the game...)
but mario, peach, yoshi, etc. also didn't have grabs befor they entered the world of smash.
If your talking about him being as a skin for link-if your going to make a costume with different properties than the origional character, you might as well make a new character. (no offense ment in thet statement if you find any)

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
No, I thought you were talking about an original character. If he was a skin, then yeah, he'd have the same properties as Link (for the most part) but I meant the whole no shielding/grabbing thing for an original character.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Oh, my bad. I'd say he never really had a shield to begin with, so he isn't losing anything there, unless you mean the colored barriers which all have (excepth yoshi), in which case, he is a demigod-I doubt he couldn't produce a barrier that even very realistic and human characters can.

About the grabs, nightmare, astaroth, and many others with heavy weapons from the soul calibur world can still grab, even with slightly unatural strength, why can't a demigod grab while holdin a "heavy" sword. FD would probably say "is what heavy?" if you asked him if it was heavy.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
No shielding/grabbing? Wouldn't that kill him as a high-tier player? Or are those things just really not necessary for pro players? (Clearly I'm not one of them.)

Gindor

Smash Ace
No shielding/grabbing? Wouldn't that kill him as a high-tier player? Or are those things just really not necessary for pro players? (Clearly I'm not one of them.)
I am no pro, but to my knowlage, grabbing can stop all attacks (good against high attack priority characters), and is used in some (if not many) combo strategies, such as fox and falco's strat.

I imagine FD would have a strat that doesn't need grabbing, like marths, but slower.
I would hate for him to lose what everyone has, kinda like yoshi with his lack of guard hopping.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Hmm...expatiate (explain, I do not really understand).
if your talking about the incredible range, if you look at all the attacks they showed on smashbros.com . They increased all of their ranges to probably combat swordsmen. Marth was top tier, so was sheik and fox. The range increasing might combat them also.

J-Red

Smash Cadet
There is noooo way FD Link will be a regular character in Brawl. BUT if Young Link is once again the Majora's Mask version, FD Link would be a very awesome and very appropriate final smash for the little guy.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to see YLink at all. Nor WW Link. We need more variety between Links. Which is why I want FD Link, or Retro Link, or hell, even Adventurer Link. Althought I will admit that I'd like to see Wolf Link coupled with Midna.

Gindor

Smash Ace
agreed by many on this thread, but there still is a chance of FD normally playable.
I oppose YL slightly, but if FD is his only way in, I would gladly take it.
I would also like for YL too be more majora's mask-ish this time around, you know, carrying the termina sword and shield.

I am opposed to WW link (probably a luigi of YL) and wolf link (he might propose some new style for brawl though), but I am open for enlightenment.

J-Red

Smash Cadet
I agree with the variety of Links. Or a variety in Zelda characters for that matter. Why put in another Link when you could add a whole new character like Skull Kid? But FD Link as Young Link's final smash(assuming it's MM YL) is the only way I can picture FD Link in Brawl.

Top Bottom