• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

RWB

Smash Ace
Actually he's different in a few ways, like being 1.5x bigger and having a sword the length of Link's body. He may be a form of link, but he's not a skin

Actually, Adult Link and FD Link is exactly the same size. And his sword is just a stranger version of The Biggoron Sword.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Actually, Adult Link and FD Link is exactly the same size. And his sword is just a stranger version of The Biggoron Sword.
I don't know their exact sizes, so i can't say anything in the link's size vs FD's size arguement, but I imagine the deity is bigger, because he is a god, put in human form.
"Stranger" isn't the term for "shoots pwning lasers", but you were just comparing their length and size, you missed their design and abilities.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
As I've said before, I'd be estatic if they decided to even just make FD an alt. costume for Link. I mean , even a frieakin AT would be workable (as long as it represented the rapage that Oni Link could pull off)

Just as long as he gets some publicity...

EDIT: Oh and to RWB's statement about FD being an Onimusha rip off....

W-T-FREAKING-F?!?!?!

Care to explain? As far as I know, I think Majora's Mask was before Onimusha. And secondly, I find it pitiful that people would rather have a freaking gay-*** pixie wannabe in the game in the first place? Sure, Tingle's unique...But between having yet another dark god and some freaking stupid idiotic most-likely-pedophiliac middle aged freak, I'd rather pick the dark god. At least I know I'm playing someone cool.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
i think that oni link is a bit shorter and a bit unskinnier(excluding the costumes)
i dunno about the size comparison of the swords, but i think FdL had a bigger one.
I dont see him as a character, but i hope his representation comes in the form of an AT

Gindor

Smash Ace
its gonna be y. links FS
personally I think YL won't make it in due to the fact that sakurai said he would make each character different (from each other). That is hard for clones like YL, falco, and DR.M. to make change and they will probably be removed.
I would be happy with him as a FS or an AT, but not as an alt costume (doesn't do him good) or transformation (either spammed or never used).

Conker1

Smash Ace
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S GOOD AND HOLY DO YOU EVER READ THE FRIGGIN PREVIOUS POSTS CONKER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Ugh, this is like the 5 millionth time people have complained about FD being too powerful. Read back to the previous posts to find my response.
I hate characters who are only considered cool because they are super powerful, if thats the only reason, then you've got yourself a ****ty character.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I hate characters who are only considered cool because they are super powerful, if thats the only reason, then you've got yourself a ****ty character.
OMFG....do you even read what you post? DO I HAVE TO KEEP ****ING REPOSTING THE SAME RESPONSE FIFTEEN MILLION TIMES?!?!? OR ARE YOU JUST SOME ******** TROLL?!?!?!

I'm only going to repost this once, and ONCE ONLY!!!!!

FIERCE DEITY LINK WILL BE BALANCED!

GET IT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Gindor

Smash Ace
where did sakurai say that?
I don't know...may have miss heard it, sorry if I did 9though I'm pretty sure he did).

Why wouldn't FD make a good costume? I mean, looks alone he rocks. And if people are that admant against clones, wouldn't a costume be much better?
I do hate clones and agreethat FD is awesome, but-
1-"link vs ____" then FD link apears instead of normal link.
2-link has a shield, FD doesn't, the "easter egg" ability of links shield would then change to an invisible shield, or be lost.
3-FD holds the sword with two hands, either demanding a new moveset or making weird movements/damage hitboxes that don't match the sword.
4-The different motions for the sword would force designers to make to make a different animation file for the alt costume.
5-I don't remember TP link having the FD mask...
6-I don't remember FD having a bow...

EDIT^^^

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Actually actually, play Majora's Mask w/ a gameshark or do the Fierce Deity Glitch, and compare his size to the townsfolk. He's much bigger compared to them, where Link is about the same.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I don't know...may have miss heard it, sorry if I did 9though I'm pretty sure he did).

I do hate clones and agreethat FD is awesome, but-
1-"link vs ____" then FD link apears instead of normal link.
2-link has a shield, FD doesn't, the "easter egg" ability of links shield would then change to an invisible shield, or be lost.
3-FD holds the sword with two hands, either demanding a new moveset or making weird movements/damage hitboxes that don't match the sword.
4-The different motions for the sword would force designers to make to make a different animation file for the alt costume.
5-I don't remember TP link having the FD mask...
6-I don't remember FD having a bow...

EDIT^^^
1. That would rock.
2. The shield would be FD Link's sword held out in front of him, so when a projectile hits him, it hits the sword and is cancelled/rebounded off the blade.
3. If you notice, alot of Link's moves in SSB require the use of both of his hands.
4. It wouldn't be that different, although the hitbox would be considerably longer.
5. He didn't, but I wish he did.
6. Why would you need a bow when you have Pwn "Lazers"?

Gindor

Smash Ace
1. That would rock.
2. The shield would be FD Link's sword held out in front of him, so when a projectile hits him, it hits the sword and is cancelled/rebounded off the blade.
3. If you notice, alot of Link's moves in SSB require the use of both of his hands.
4. It wouldn't be that different, although the hitbox would be considerably longer.
5. He didn't, but I wish he did.
6. Why would you need a bow when you have Pwn "Lazers"?
1-ughh! it's almost as bad as "fox vs ___" then fox's dad would appear
2-wouldn't the sheild be bigger then in thet case (FD would be spammed), and he never held the sword that way, unless he was blockin, which would basicaly be the way he stands as a bubble apears in ssb.
3-only the smash, what about the illusion stab.
4-FD would be spammed
5-Me too:(, it would be awesome though
6-decent point, but even more other animations they would have too make for FD costume.
Plus-the arrow arcs, obeys gravity and is basicaly a big needle in shape, while the "lazer", you call it, wouldn't obey gravity, and would almost be a wave of energy instead of a single point. also having it at the powerand shape of an arrow is demeaning.
I picture screen shot 1- http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=60

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
1-ughh! it's almost as bad as "fox vs ___" then fox's dad would appear
2-wouldn't the sheild be bigger then in thet case (FD would be spammed), and he never held the sword that way, unless he was blockin, which would basicaly be the way he stands as a bubble apears in ssb.
3-only the smash, what about the illusion stab.
4-FD would be spammed
5-Me too:(, it would be awesome though
6-decent point, but even more other animations they would have too make for FD costume.
Plus-the arrow arcs, obeys gravity and is basicaly a big needle in shape, while the "lazer", you call it, wouldn't obey gravity, and would almost be a wave of energy instead of a single point. also having it at the powerand shape of an arrow is demeaning.
I picture screen shot 1- http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=60
1. I dunno...Link Vs. Oni Link would sound bad ***. And it could SOOO be good for story mode.
2. I'm assuming that FD Link would hold the sword with both hands out in front of him, almost like he's showing off the size of his...er...as for size, doesn't Link's shield basically block any ranged projectile anyways?
3. I never really looked at Illusion Stab's animation up close, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to adjust it to a two-hand repeat stab.
4. Well, they could make it the size of Marth's sword instead. I mean, he had long range, but it wasn't ridiculous (execpt his ****ed FS)
5. TP Oni Link would have made any fanboy go into a euphoric seziure.
6. Yeah, that does make sense...They could always give him a bow. Just make it black and maybe put some kewl runes on it or something to make it look like an Oni Link bow...

RWB

Smash Ace
I admit my mistake. Majoras mask DID come before the first Onimusha...
MM- April 27, 2000
Oni- January 25, 2001

I still think he is very unoriginal tho'. There are craploads of dark gods, and almost none of these are cool(and yes, FD is one of these uncool IMHO). The Zelda series have a lot of unique characters, that would be much more interesting. FD is a slow swordswinger, as of now we have Link, and we are propably gonna have Ganondorf too.

Tingle might be disturbing, but as a smash character he would be much funnier than FD. Face it.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I admit my mistake. Majoras mask DID come before the first Onimusha...
MM- April 27, 2000
Oni- January 25, 2001

I still think he is very unoriginal tho'. There are craploads of dark gods, and almost none of these are cool(and yes, FD is one of these uncool IMHO). The Zelda series have a lot of unique characters, that would be much more interesting. FD is a slow swordswinger, as of now we have Link, and we are propably gonna have Ganondorf too.

Tingle might be disturbing, but as a smash character he would be much funnier than FD. Face it.

I don't even think he's funny...If you want funny I'd rather go for Fludd Mario. And I seriously say that the whole "unique" thing is overrated. Here's an idea! Let's make a Rubber Marshmallow man with carrots for arms and toast for feet! He's unique! Let's include him in SSBB!!11!1!!one!!11!shiftone11eleventyone

Gindor

Smash Ace
1. I dunno...Link Vs. Oni Link would sound bad ***. And it could SOOO be good for story mode.
2. I'm assuming that FD Link would hold the sword with both hands out in front of him, almost like he's showing off the size of his...er...as for size, doesn't Link's shield basically block any ranged projectile anyways?
3. I never really looked at Illusion Stab's animation up close, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to adjust it to a two-hand repeat stab.
4. Well, they could make it the size of Marth's sword instead. I mean, he had long range, but it wasn't ridiculous (execpt his ****ed FS)
5. TP Oni Link would have made any fanboy go into a euphoric seziure.
6. Yeah, that does make sense...They could always give him a bow. Just make it black and maybe put some kewl runes on it or something to make it look like an Oni Link bow...
1-that would be cool, but that would be with him as a seperate character...
2-then it would block the upper area, more work for the designers, and a different strategy for an alt costume (which shouldn't happen)
3-still they would have to make an extra animation folder for only one character.
4-but even a little stat change can make an almost new strategy, remember DR.M.
5-I'm having a seizure right now and I'm not a fanboy!
6-hmmm...I don't doubt that a god would have an awesome bow, but would he lose his pwn energy wave?

Is there something wrong with sword weilders, anyways the range of all characters (maybe excluding sword weilders) is being increased to make it fair-http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage06.html -look at zelda's.

I'm going with the others on this, I don't want a 30 yaer old wannabe fairy man:(
Also, can you imagine what his moveset would be like, I can't...

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Fierce Deity would be too powerful, and the link in Brawl is the Werewolf Link, not the one who wore all the masks.

Most fans don't pay attention. but ALL THE LINKS ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE, they just live up into the same legend.

In the end, FD Link would be like Master Hand "OMGOMGOMG awesum iz Masta Hand!"

Nobody would beat him....

Gindor

Smash Ace
Fierce Deity would be too powerful, and the link in Brawl is the Werewolf Link, not the one who wore all the masks.

Most fans don't pay attention. but ALL THE LINKS ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE, they just live up into the same legend.

In the end, FD Link would be like Master Hand "OMGOMGOMG awesum iz Masta Hand!"

Nobody would beat him....
Yes, that has been said many times. It doesn't get the point across by just being repeated, you must have points, and I would agree if he was an AT or FS, but then it would fit. Nintendo isn't stupid, they would balance him as much as they can. He may be weakened too much, but not left too powerful. They have learned not to make characters too powerful from ssb ness, and they probably learned about weakening from ssbm mewtwo.

RWB

Smash Ace
Well, I made my opinion clear. I do not want him in as anything but a skin. There are so many other Zelda characters I want much more... For example:

Tetra(favorite character in the series): Could find her being quick and with short reach. Kinda similar to Y.Link in that regard, but meh. I don't care I just want her in.

Midna
Zant
Vaati
ERROR(Hey, I can dream, right?)
Maple. :3 (no chance, I know)
etc.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
ERROR FTW!!!

If FD Link was a skin, I could live with that. Seriously, he'd be getting some screen time, therefore not only bringing him back to mind for Nintendo, but maybe even giving him a chance in SSB4

Gindor

Smash Ace
My sister just enlightened me to this view, butt what if FD was a alt costume, but with a smaller sword, a deity-esk shield, and a deity-esk bow, etc. . I would be happy with it, but it would take away tha true pwn-sword from the deity, and it would take away the pwn-sword energy wave.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
maybe Fierce Deity mask will be an item wend the character turn in to a Fierce Deity self

imagine Fierce Deity Pikachu X_X

that way they could balaced it better since is a item

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I like the idea for FD skin Glindor. It could so totally rock. Hell, it could give Nintendo ideas for FD weapons and such when they decide to make a sequel to Majora's Mask. Staring mainly FD of course, :)

Gindor

Smash Ace
I like the idea for FD skin Glindor. It could so totally rock. Hell, it could give Nintendo ideas for FD weapons and such when they decide to make a sequel to Majora's Mask. Staring mainly FD of course, :)
ty, but thank my sis .(or give her the credit at least since she doesn't have an acount on here)
I really doubt that that demi god would only have a sword (however kick a** it is).

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
ty, but thank my sis .(or give her the credit at least since she doesn't have an acount on here)
I really doubt that that demi god would only have a sword (however kick a** it is).
Gotcha. I thank your sister. His bow and boomerang should be black with electric blue runes incribed on them. Maybe his arrows could also be electric blue so they're kind of like his pwn-lazorz.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I just thought, maybe his boomerang can look like his pwn ray, only it comes back!
"Newcomer warning!"-Ike. With an actual new newcomer, we can expect to see more soon.
Lets' all get ready for FD. (but personally I think he will pwn as an AT, don't let my opinion get in your happyness though)

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I just thought, maybe his boomerang can look like his pwn ray, only it comes back!
"Newcomer warning!"-Ike. With an actual new newcomer, we can expect to see more soon.
Lets' all get ready for FD. (but personally I think he will pwn as an AT, don't let my opinion get in your happyness though)
Too late. I now have my hopes up...(lawl)

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
he would make an awesome addition, but let's face it, he has about as much chance of getting into brawl as my dog does.

Top Bottom