• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Videos! -Updated- more metaknight than you can handle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
(beaver) DAM!!! PSYCHO ****** HAS ENCOURAGED ME TO USE SNAKE!!! PSYCHO ****** IS THE BEST SNAKE EVER MAN!!! GO PSYCHO!!!! Is Psycho ****** on our forums because I would like to congratulate him on such a great Snake. :chuckle:
I posted like 2 posts up... lol

and thanks for all the compliments :)

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
My cheers for DEHF, seriously, I loved Pit ever since the 2006 E3 trailer and seeing him play Pit like that makes my hype go even grater than it is right now :3 and PsychoMidget is very good too with Snake, even more considering that he's not an easy character to dominate

iron blade

Smash Ace
*Bump*

Excellent vids. DEHF, congrats for being the first Pit player that used him right. In the right Hands Pit is a beast.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I was the most impressed by DEHF. He really created a great playstyle based on Pit's strengths.

Midge also made me laugh when he crawled underneath Fox's lasers. It was such a Snake thing to do.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Thanks Gimpy for bringing us this, and even greater thanks to all of you guys who played so fantastically with the so-called 'limited' gameplay of Brawl. I've heard far too many complaints about this game's apparent lack of depth, even though most of the complainers don't even have the game.

So to this, I pose a question to all the people who played: How does the game feel? Do the characters seem balanced? Is it worthy competitively? Most importantly, is it FUN?

These are the things that should be addressed RIGHT NOW, not whether or not someone invented a new Adv. Tech. or whining about it not playing like Melee: 2nd Impact.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Thanks Gimpy for bringing us this, and even greater thanks to all of you guys who played so fantastically with the so-called 'limited' gameplay of Brawl. I've heard far too many complaints about this game's apparent lack of depth, even though most of the complainers don't even have the game.

So to this, I pose a question to all the people who played: How does the game feel? Do the characters seem balanced? Is it worthy competitively? Most importantly, is it FUN?

These are the things that should be addressed RIGHT NOW, not whether or not someone invented a new Adv. Tech. or whining about it not playing like Melee: 2nd Impact.
I'd say it seems pretty balanced, and I'm sure it'll be fine in the competitive aspect. But what do I know, I play snake lol and It's freakin' fun.

It makes melee boring.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Awesome to finally see a Snake vs. Sonic video.

Lets just say I'm more proud of the "Solid" in my name then I am the "Sonic", for the moment anyways. lol

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I posted like 2 posts up... lol

and thanks for all the compliments :)
It's nice to see some actual good Snake gameplay. Up till now it's been people who don't seem to know how to use him. MGS is one of my favorite series, so I may be using Snake quite a bit,

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'd say it seems pretty balanced, and I'm sure it'll be fine in the competitive aspect. But what do I know, I play snake lol and It's freakin' fun.

It makes melee boring.
That's all I needed to know. Thank you good sir, and congrats on being so awesome with Snake! I know you couldn't have had much playtime logged in with him, so that makes it all the more impressive... Hope to play you sometime!

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Thanks alot for these vids, it nice to see some good gameplay. And ******, you just played Snake godly. Those mine-games were just crazy

red6170

Smash Cadet
yea ****** pure awesomeness with snake... good job i will like 2 face one time... maybe online or something when i get mines in march if that'll be fine:)

TheLetterJ

Smash Cadet
*Bump*

Excellent vids. DEHF, congrats for being the first Pit player that used him right. In the right Hands Pit is a beast.
dmbrandon (i think it is) has a pretty good pit. But PMidget has a great snake! Is the motar attack his Up Smash?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mangz, Altoid makes me sad. Seriously... he wasn't using tilts or aerials much... he was just rolling and spamming forward smash. Come on mangz, Lucario has more to em than that.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i haven't seen a good sonic in all the video's i've seen. (no offense to all those sonic players)
really. please. someone get good.

VandalD

Smash Cadet
More footage of Psycho playing Snake? You have my attention sir! Oh, and I didn't thank Gimpy in my first post, so thanks for all the videos Gimpy.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey Gimpy, got any videos of Mario? I remember hearing that he was ridiculous in Brawl (back in the demo days) but I haven't seen a single good player use him yet.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm uploading a bunch of new videos now

also i'm going to add the finals to the first page in a bit, i think they are on his youtube now

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
So has anyone bothered trying out Lucas out of your group so far? Really, he's a good character. I'm surprised there aren't even any friendlies of him yet.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I've already seen all new ones. :D Yeah Psycho ****** really plays well with Snake, Snake is an interesting character... I hope there will be some new Luigi vids for me to watch :D Morb is really good with him.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
So has anyone bothered trying out Lucas out of your group so far? Really, he's a good character. I'm surprised there aren't even any friendlies of him yet.
all these matches happend on the same day as the tournament

most of the friendlies took place after the tournament tho

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey Psycho ******, I have to ask your opinion about Snake's mines. The C4 looks useless by theory, but you seem to have found some good uses for it. I would have thought that the startup time when Snake flips the switch would have been very bad in 1vs1 matches. How do you find this attack fairs from a competitive point of view?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Hey Psycho ******, I have to ask your opinion about Snake's mines. The C4 looks useless by theory, but you seem to have found some good uses for it. I would have thought that the startup time when Snake flips the switch would have been very bad in 1vs1 matches. How do you find this attack fairs from a competitive point of view?

C4 is one of his best moves in my opinion, its extremely strong and it limits where you're enemy can move safely making it easier to predict their movements, or if they go on it you can just detonate it.

plus when you drop it from the air they dont always see you drop it which can make a nasty surprise later

Gotta play sneaky with Snake :)

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
C4 is one of his best moves in my opinion, its extremely strong and it limits where you're enemy can move safely making it easier to predict their movements, or if they go on it you can just detonate it.

plus when you drop it from the air they dont always see you drop it which can make a nasty surprise later

Gotta play sneaky with Snake :)
Heh, that does sound awesome. But in theory I would expect observant players to shield or air dodge as soon as they saw Snake's "flip switch" animation...I guess that it's harder to keep track of them in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom