• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Videos! -Updated- more metaknight than you can handle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Heh, that does sound awesome. But in theory I would expect observant players to shield or air dodge as soon as they saw Snake's "flip switch" animation...I guess that it's harder to keep track of them in-game.
I'm pretty sure it's hard to time the block/air dodge

and it's not like I was always blowing up the C4 when they were on it

mind games

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
YEah, that's very true. And especially when you might have a landmine right behind them. They see you going to detonate the C4 and they roll back. lol.

I loved that match you had against Gimpy's Bowser where you threw him across the stage and then detonated the C4 for a combo. That was awesome.

By the way, can you lay more than one landmine with Snake's down smash?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
You can only have 1 downsmash mine down at a time if you attempt to place another one down the first one just vanishes

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
everyone subscribe to me on youtube i'm on constant upload mode haha

i'll get the videos here as soon as i can but it wont be immediate, so subscribe if you haven't.

EDIT: i actually recorded a mario match, you'll really enjoy it ;P

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Man, you bring so much honor to Bowser. I'm fond of the big guy myself. He looks very improved this time around.

boxelder

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot for the vids. You guys settled a lot of my fears. If you can play like that after a few days I'm willing to hope Brawl's depth will be pentiful. I actually like that you have to work a little harder for combos, but I'm not sure it'll stay that way once people stop expecting to do them off throws and use tilts. Saw a lot of tilts starting combos in these matches.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Haha, that Mario match was good, but Gimpy, you should have grabbed Snake's Cypher. You know it leaves him unable to recover if you do that. you had lots of opportunities to do it. XD

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was an awesome match! Keep the videos coming! And we still need some Donkey Kong matches if possible, please!

fazares

Smash Apprentice
so mario wasnt as low tier as depicted by that guy on the general brawl discussions forums isnt he...lol???
ur impressions always looked like reliable stuff...but about mario f-air...it looked like it lost the knokback of the e for all demo or you were just using it a different way..(ssbm way)?

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, that math was awesome ^^
But what about a friendly fight with Toon Link?

SolidCrispy

Smash Apprentice
I'm really glad Snake isn't too awkward and can be played really well. Thanks for putting that worry to rest, Psycho ******. :)

red6170

Smash Cadet
cool mario fight gimpy.... showed a little appetizer of wat he can do... u should fight Psycho ****** as mario while he's snake and see the difference... i think he'll be much harder... no offense waffles

S2

Smash Lord
I'm glad Gimpy that you clarified that you guys are going to at least try Smashballs and such in the future.

THe decision to begin banning things based on what is broken in Brawl is much better than simply banning something because it was banned in Melee.

Ultimately, things will get banned. But let's have them be banned legitimately and not because of a fear they will be unfair. That's what happened with Melee. Everything that was banned in that game was done for good reason.

Great vids.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
That was one of the best Brawl matches I've seen so far. I didn't know Gimpy was so good with Mario. O_O

Gimpyfish62 for the win.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
That's one badass Mario. I instinctively clicked the link without looking who was Mario. I watched the video and thought, "Wow, that's a pretty good Mario player" and then saw it was Gimpy. Good footage and awesome match. Keep it up. ^^

Dan-E

Smash Apprentice
why doesn't snake sweet spot with his upB like the rest of the cast? how does it work? if that's the way his upB works then well... he'll be the only character in the game that can be edgeguarded like that. lol... good **** gimpy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom