• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Roster?

Does Smash 4 have the best smash roster?

• Total voters

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
From a mechanics standpoint, it is an interesting roster with a lot of potential.

From a characterization standpoint, this game's newcomers are almost all terrible choices.
No surprise you're bitter but I totally disagree. There are more characters that deserve to be in but I think every non clone other than Rob is also deserving

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Unless you are just a huge fan of one of the six characters who were cut, how could this not be the best roster? Unless Sakuria looses his mind, or they start cutting about as many characters as they add, the latest smash game will always have the best cast.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You don't HAVE a signature on my screen. Also, "without Ridley this roster doesn't have any strong elements"
No, just... NO. I can put up with a lot of things, but THIS... NO! JUST.... NO! No strong elements!? What are you, blind!? There are TONS of strong elements in the roster already. Pacman, Megaman, Little Mac, Shulk, the character mechanics EVERYTHING! Ridley would have added to the strong elements, not make them entirely!
Look, I really couldn't care less about the gameplay part of the roster, I wouldn't even care if Ridley was worse than Brawl Ganondorf, I care about the actual character and what they represent. Every single newcomer's a nobody compared to Ridley and K.Rool...oh, and Mewtwo, it doesn't matter how good the roster seems to be, if it doesn't have Ridley, I can safely declare that it sucks and should be considered the worst roster of the series, especially after all the teasing Sakurai did, why not deconfirm him outright? Why drag it out painfully? And finally, why not spend the time he spent on Dr. Mario and Dark Pit making Ridley, or at least Dixie Kong?
Unless you are just a huge fan of one of the six characters who were cut, how could this not be the best roster? Unless Sakuria looses his mind, or they start cutting about as many characters as they add, the latest smash game will always have the best cast.
It's not about what's removed or who got in...it's about who's missing.

Last edited:

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
I'm salty about what happened today, but I'm not going to deny it. This is the best Sm4sh roster so far. It's just...missing things. Like, it has this large gaping hole in it...

:cry:
Your signature with Ridley's giant eye speaks for itself. Who knows, maybe there will be more down the line.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Is it the best? Honestly... I don't know. Brawls additions mostly consisted of kick ass all stars and big time names who had lots of popularity. This game is full of less prominent characters, but they have unique concepts. From a character selection point, it could be WAY better. Many franchises got the middle finger. But the fighters seem unique for the most part.

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
Look, I really couldn't care less about the gameplay part of the roster, I wouldn't even care if Ridley was worse than Brawl Ganondorf, I care about the actual character and what they represent. Every single newcomer's a nobody compared to Ridley and K.Rool...oh, and Mewtwo, it doesn't matter how good the roster seems to be, if it doesn't have Ridley, I can safely declare that it sucks and should be considered the worst roster of the series, especially after all the teasing Sakurai did, why not deconfirm him outright? Why drag it out painfully? And finally, why not spend the time he spent on Dr. Mario and Dark Pit making Ridley, or at least Dixie Kong?

So basically, Ridley = Game is awesome, and No Ridley = Game sucks.

Why are you playing this game? You should just play Metroid.
Seriously, if you're not making fun of Ridley fans by purposely making irrational statements then I just don't even.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
With 50% of the users voting "yes", I can't help but think that some people would just jump in the bandwagon and be ridiculously happy with whatever Sakurai threw at us.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Wow... I thought I was talking to a reasonable person for moment there... Turns out it was just another petty person with bad logic... Ridley may be requested a lot, but in no way should Ridley EVER make or break the smash roster. Also, to say that none of the characters have as big of an impact as Ridley... Is a joke. Just a stupid, unfunny joke. Looks like we're done here.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
With 50% of the users voting "yes", I can't help but think that some people would just jump in the bandwagon and be ridiculously happy with whatever Sakurai threw at us.
Is it really that hard to believe that people are GENUINELY happy with the roster?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
"I can't help but think that anyone who voted no is an entitled whiner that would've complained about anything that Sakurai gave us."

You can see how dumb a statement like that would be yeah? That's the same way I feel about posts like yours. Not everyone cares about Ridley or K. Rool. The only characters the roster is missing for me are Metwo, Toad and the IC's, I got everyone else I wanted. That doesn't make me happy with whatever Sakurai deigns to give us, it just means most of the characters I actually wanted are in.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Roster is good but has unnecessary fodder imo. Each roster is always going to be better cause they're always going to add more characters...

still... can't say I'm very excited either.

So it's good but also not HYPE levels for myself personally.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
"I can't help but think that anyone who voted no is an entitled whiner that would've complained about anything that Sakurai gave us."

You can see how dumb a statement like that would be yeah? That's the same way I feel about posts like yours. Not everyone cares about Ridley or K. Rool. The only characters the roster is missing for me are Metwo, Toad and the IC's, I got everyone else I wanted. That doesn't make me happy with whatever Sakurai deigns to give us, it just means most of the characters I actually wanted are in.
When the **** did I mention Ridley and K Rool?
Also, let's forget for a moment about the characters that we want. I honestly supported characters that I didn't expect to be in the game anyway.
Can you honestly look at the character selection screen and say that it looks better than Brawl? With no Ice Climbers, no Lucas and Wolf? No Donkey Kong newcomer despite the huge success of Returns and Tropical Freeze? And what's with those pokémon? Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja and Jigglypuff? Could it be more random? Ask anybody who plays pokémon to select 5 characters that truly represent the franchise, it will look nothing like this.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
This game has the best STARTING roster of all the Smash iterations.

The unlockables are garbage. And I've realized this has been the status quo for all the Smash games and probably the reason why, when the whole roster is finally leaked, I'm left with a bitter taste in my mouth.

The original had a good starting roster, one rep per franchise. It was new. The unlockables, while not plentiful, were interesting and fun to try out.

Melee included some cool characters in the starting roster. Some we expected (Bowser, Peach), some we didn't (Ice Climbers), but it was a nice roster. Then we mostly unlocked clones (but still some cool choices like Marth, Falco, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo).

Brawl's starting roster is awesome! Diddy Kong, Olimar, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Wario, Dedede, Zero Suit. Unlockables? Besides the 3rd Party guys, wasn't that impressive. Same cloney movesets from Ganon and Falco, along with characters I couldn't understand like ROB.

And Smash 4 has a PHENOMENAL starting roster. All the 3rd party guys, Little Mac, Greninja, Robin, Shulk, even vets who have been secret like Falcon, Marth, and Luigi! The starting roster keeps getting better and better. But for the secret characters? We actually unlocked LESS than we did for Brawl, and included are vets who have kinda outstayed their welcome, at least for me (Jiggs and ROB), a Melee vet (and not even the most requested), a Brawl starter vet (he should have stayed a starter), and clones filling out the other uninspired spots (we still live in an age where Ganondorf cannot have a unique moveset to call his own).

Don't get me wrong, I love unique movesets. I wanna try out Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. because they offer something new to the game AND I feel their inclusion is justified, but honestly the unlockables for each Smash becomes less and less epic. When we're given this amazing roster to start out the game, I wanna feel justified in unlocking the rest because I want them to be just as epic.

I want Ridley. I want Dixie Kong. I want Mewtwo. I want franchises who have really unique characters to bring them into Smash because I know it would make a more diverse roster selection. Instead, I unlock Pit number 2.

I know I'm a fanboy, but I want these characters because I know they can offer more to Smash than some of the other choices given.

That's my two cents on the roster. There are definitely some awesome character choices I cannot wait to play, but I should WANT to get the secrets, and I don't.

Starters are awesome. Unlockables are garbage.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
When the **** did I mention Ridley and K Rool?
Also, let's forget for a moment about the characters that we want. I honestly supported characters that I didn't expect to be in the game anyway.
Can you honestly look at the character selection screen and say that it looks better than Brawl? With no Ice Climbers, no Lucas and Wolf? No Donkey Kong newcomer despite the huge success of Returns and Tropical Freeze? And what's with those pokémon? Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja and Jigglypuff? Could it be more random? Ask anybody who plays pokémon to select 5 characters that truly represent the franchise, it will look nothing like this.
Why would I forget about what characters I wanted? That is literally what makes me decide whether I like the roster. I feel bad for people who wanted the cut characters, or more DK representation or whatever. They didn't get what they wanted, so I can understand being upset. That doesn't change the fact that for me, personally, those things don't outweigh the fact that I got most of the newcomers I wanted, which in addition to the characters already here means this is my favourite roster so far. It's not really a hard concept, I'm not saying it's objective for anything, but lets not be ridiculous and say that anyone who likes the roster is easily pleased or other nonsense.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Objectively it's the best roster since it has more characters than previous games.

Subjectively, things start to differ. Especially for fans of the more requested characters and Lucas/Wolf/Ice Climbers fans.

For me though, I'm totally satisfied. Almost every character in the roster is one I really like(inb4 I'm a bandwagoner). Sure NONE of my most-wanted got in, but I didn't really expect them too. I just support them. :ohwell:

:4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::4shulk::rosalina::4robinm::4pacman::4mii::4lucina::4littlemac::4greninja:
Plus leaked newcomers aside from one of them.
Indifferent
:4palutena:
Dislike
Dark Pit

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
I would personally not choose to implement the steps that I am about to outline, but based on what we've seen, I feel the roster would be more widely accepted if it went down like this:

Lucas in as a Ness alt.
Lucina as a Marth alt.
Dark disappointment as a Pit alt.
Doc as a Mario alt.
Ice Climbers back.
Mewtwo back.
A single Mii instead of 3 different types.

No newcomers in addition to the real ones, (yes, I love Ridley too.)

Cuts: Lucario
Ivysaur/Squirtle
Snake
Wolf
- Even though they all deserve to stay.

All of this along with the vets and newcomers we already have. The roster would be a little smaller, but would feel a little better rounded out than what we've got. Like I said before, I don't like this, but considering what has actually happened, if these measures had been taken as well, I think the roster would have been a little less puzzling.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
The only things I feel are missing are:

-Mewtwo coming back
-ICs as annoying as they were, deserve to stay
-Wolf should have come back imo, or been replaced with Krystal maybe?
-Didn't like Lucas but he totally could have been a Ness alt or something for his fans

Either way, all in all this roster is amazing and I can't wait to try every single character out!

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Mind you, I absolutely LOVED the character choices until now (Loved, past tense)...Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Palutena, Robin, Lucina were all characters I was ecstasic about, but everything that was good about those characters dissapeared when Ridley wasn't in the final roster, the deconfirmation of the most relevant, controversial and outright deserving newcomer makes everything good about this roster fade away like it never existed in the first place. We either get 100%, or the 80% that we got means NOTHING, ZERO, NADA! There's no Pros and Cons with Smash Rosters, it either has everything you wanted, or nothing at all.
That... Is the single dumbest statement I've heard in my life. I think some of my brain cells died just reading that. One character doesn't make a roster good or bad. You sound no better than Shokio.

Did I want Ridley? Yes. Am I going to be butthurt that he didn't make it in? Hell no, because there are plenty of other characters that are awesome to play as. And if you can't understand that, then why are you still here on this site?

Last edited:

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
I'm butthurt about Ridley's non-playable status, but at the end of the day, it's Smash.

for the 3DS.

There was no way this game was not gonna be awesome, and I'm not gonna let a few missing characters sour my opinion on the game as a whole.

The only issue that matters to me is that there are too many starter characters, so there was only like 10 characters to unlock. But yeah, the roster itself is fine, and probably the best one yet.

SmashK.O.

Smash Rookie

This post makes absolutely no sense at all. Since when is a game's quality determined by certain characters that it possesses rather than the merit of its gameplay mechanics? By that logic, anything with Ridley, Mewtwo, and/or K. Rool is considered to be the best Smash game, whilst ignoring if it had unbearable gameplay mechanics. As for the teasing, Sakurai teased Ridley insofar as the Smash Direct said "other boss appearances." Now logically, you would deduce "okay, so Sakurai must've made Ridley a boss character." If anything, it's the rabid fanbase that went crazy and started looking into every little detail, no matter how nonsensical it seems, as if it confirmed Ridley's appearance.

Now that being said, there is still hope that Ridley could be unlocked by linking the Wii U and 3DS together or something of the sort, but let's not try to take every rumour as "OMG RIDLEY CONFURMED!"

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
This post makes absolutely no sense at all. Since when is a game's quality determined by certain characters that it possesses rather than the merit of its gameplay mechanics? By that logic, anything with Ridley, Mewtwo, and/or K. Rool is considered to be the best Smash game, whilst ignoring if it had unbearable gameplay mechanics. As for the teasing, Sakurai teased Ridley insofar as the Smash Direct said "other boss appearances." Now logically, you would deduce "okay, so Sakurai must've made Ridley a boss character." If anything, it's the rabid fanbase that went crazy and started looking into every little detail, no matter how nonsensical it seems, as if it confirmed Ridley's appearance.

Now that being said, there is still hope that Ridley could be unlocked by linking the Wii U and 3DS together or something of the sort, but let's not try to take every rumour as "OMG RIDLEY CONFURMED!"
Hooray for the "Yes" Option reaching 100 votes! So happy that lots of people like the roster!

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Since Lucas is my favorite character, I am going to say I like Brawl's roster better. I only really wanted Lucas and Dixie Kong, I didn't care what else was on the roster. (Even though I have grown to like Shulk).

So knowing my bias, you can take what I say with a grain of salt. Obviously Smash 4 is going to be a stronger roster because there are more characters. But I think Brawl's roster is a better representation of Nintendo's history than Smash 4. I think characters per series is more evenly spread out. I know it is kind of taboo to talk about roster spots and series reps around here but I truly believe that DK should have more spots than Kid Icarus and probably even Fire Emblem.

Giving four spots to Fire Emblem and three to Kid Icarus just doesn't make sense to me. Especially when you are cutting series down. If Star Fox was able to justify three characters in Brawl, it should be able to justify three characters in the larger Smash 4 roster. Most of the cuts from Melee were at least replaced with someone else from the series. I also questioned the choices of Rosalina, Dr. Mario, and Greninja. I have no problem with these series getting new characters, but I don't feel these characters really represent the history of Nintendo all that much. I played many Pokemon games but had no idea who Greninja was when his trailer showed up.

Finally Smash 4's roster is promoting a history of gaming with Pac-Man and Megaman as opposed to Nintendo's all-stars fighting it out. This is fine. It is okay to go in a new direction, but I prefer the latter. So I like Brawl's roster better.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015

It's time to let go

SonicMario

Smash Master
What if you just count returning characters as just a privilege and just base the roster around the Newcomer Pool instead?

For me, Smash 64 has the 2nd Best Roster even though if you just count by quantity, then it is the worst one. But the Original 12 were overall a better pool of characters then both Melee and Smash 4's Newcomers.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Hooray for the "Yes" Option reaching 100 votes! So happy that lots of people like the roster!
Looks like a lot of people love fashion around here, you know, six characters on the roster basically being the same person with different clothes.
It's time to let go
Far from it, I won't let go of this until Smash5.
That... Is the single dumbest statement I've heard in my life. I think some of my brain cells died just reading that. One character doesn't make a roster good or bad. You sound no better than Shokio.

Did I want Ridley? Yes. Am I going to be butthurt that he didn't make it in? Hell no, because there are plenty of other characters that are awesome to play as. And if you can't understand that, then why are you still here on this site?
Uh, yes it does? I LOVED the roster until Ridley was deconfirmed, plenty of fighters that are both modern and memorable, but no Ridley, no deal.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Looks like a lot of people love fashion around here, you know, six characters on the roster basically being the same person with different clothes.

Far from it, I won't let go of this until Smash5.

Uh, yes it does? I LOVED the roster until Ridley was deconfirmed, plenty of fighters that are both modern and memorable, but no Ridley, no deal.
Then go complain about it somewhere else because nobody wants to hear it.
You're really going to let one character screw the entire roster over for you?

Last edited:

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411

I can relate to you about wanting a character in. I'm a huge supporter of Lloyd Irving, and he's from the Tales of series (heard of that? haha no one has). Lloyd had to compete with Pac-Man for that precious third party Namco spot, and Lloyd's pretty much a nobody compared to famous, known-around-the world Pac-Man. Then I saw the Pac-Man reveal, I was pissed. Lloyd was really the only character I wanted to see in this new Smash, but I've moved on. I'm just hoping that Namco will continue to work with Sakurai and Smash so I can possibly even see a trophy or a sticker for Lloyd.

Anyways, I'm not gonna boycott Smash and say it sucks just because I don't have Lloyd. I'm just gonna enjoy it for what it is. Oh, and the clones got me mad too, but maybe Ridley will have his chance soon and he'll tear up the competition!

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Then go complain about it somewhere else because nobody wants to hear it.
You're really going to let one character screw the entire roster over for you?
Calling Ridley a character's like calling Smash just a game, he's not a character, he's THE character.
I can relate to you about wanting a character in. I'm a huge supporter of Lloyd Irving, and he's from the Tales of series (heard of that? haha no one has). Lloyd had to compete with Pac-Man for that precious third party Namco spot, and Lloyd's pretty much a nobody compared to famous, known-around-the world Pac-Man. Then I saw the Pac-Man reveal, I was pissed. Lloyd was really the only character I wanted to see in this new Smash, but I've moved on. I'm just hoping that Namco will continue to work with Sakurai and Smash so I can possibly even see a trophy or a sticker for Lloyd.

Anyways, I'm not gonna boycott Smash and say it sucks just because I don't have Lloyd. I'm just gonna enjoy it for what it is. Oh, and the clones got me mad too, but maybe Ridley will have his chance soon and he'll tear up the competition!
If Lloyd was the only one you were excited about then yes you should think the roster sucks. Hell, I was excited at many of the newcomers and look at me now, I'm finally seeing how terrible and lackluster the characters I even like are compared to Ridley missing from the game. It's not a matter of liking the roster, it's the fact that I don't like anyone in it as much as Ridley, and that makes them all suck.

D

Deleted member

Yes, in my opinion, it is the best roster out of all four of the games. But could it of been better? In my opinion, yes. It just feels a little incomplete without one of the big three. Not to mention, while the starting roster is pretty impressive, the unlockables are pretty lame.(Except for DHD and Bowser Jr.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Is it as good as it could have been? No.
But it is the biggest roster. It has Pac Man and Mega Man and Villager.
It is the best roster by default,

RazorsawTF

Smash Cadet
Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja and Jigglypuff? Could it be more random?
Lucario, Charizard, Pikachu, and Greninja are far and away some of the most popular and beloved Pokemon in the franchise right now, so I'm not sure how any of them are random.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
just because smash 5 might have a bigger cast then 4 doesn't mean it will be better, as we see with 4 and brawl's roster

Khao

Smash Lord
If Lloyd was the only one you were excited about then yes you should think the roster sucks. Hell, I was excited at many of the newcomers and look at me now, I'm finally seeing how terrible and lackluster the characters I even like are compared to Ridley missing from the game. It's not a matter of liking the roster, it's the fact that I don't like anyone in it as much as Ridley, and that makes them all suck.
Wow.

I don't even know what to say, I understand that you want Ridley, seriously, I did too and a part of me is still dissapointed that he didn't get in.

But every single other character is now automatically worthless because he's not in, even if you recognized them as good additions? That's just... Don't really know how to put it without feeling like a huge jerk, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

If you judge things based on what they aren't rather than what they are, you're never going to enjoy anything in this world.

Last edited:

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Calling Ridley a character's like calling Smash just a game, he's not a character, he's THE character.

I'll admit that some characters should've been either replaced or left out. I'll leave it at that.

However, about me thinking the roster sucks because Lloyd's not in it, I would find myself to be acting very childish, like a kid throwing a tantrum. I'm still crazy excited for Greninja and Little Mac, so I know for a fact I'll enjoy using them and finding out good combos. I'm going to enjoy Smash 3DS to it's fullest, even if the character I wanted the most isn't there in any shape or form.

I'm not going to let one character exclusion spoil seventeen new character inclusions. What kind of logic would that be?

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The reason why people think that the roster is terrible is because it had so much potential that it didn't fulfill and didn't give the fanbase a lot of what they asked for. They could've just done this-

No cuts
Lucina as an alt
Dark Pit as an alt
Dr. Mario as an Alt
Mewtwo
K. Rool
Dixie
Ridley
Paper Mario
Rhythm Heaven Character
Isaac
Krystal
Bandana Dee
Impa
Megaman
Pacman

If this was the roster everyone would have lost their minds with hype. It would have given the fanbase everything they asked for, and every franchise their core characters.

Assassin2713

Smash Rookie
This game lacks IceClimbers, Wolf and Lucas for returning vets. All of which are inexcusable. Especially IceClimbers, cause Sakurai could of easily made it single Popo if the 3DS was in the way.
Then no Ridley, Mewtwo or Dixie at this point is inexcusable. I understand Takamaru is very popularly requested in Japan too, so making him just an assist trophy is a slap in the face to them. This game needed no Dark Pit, and Lucina as an alt and then all of these character I listed included. The roster as we have it is lackluster.

D

Deleted member

Calm down, I'm a huge Ridley supporter too, I would take him over any of the newcomers we got any day. However your attitude about the whole roster being terrible because Ridley didn't make it in is immature and embarrassing to a lot fellow Ridley supporters, including me. It just gives more ammo for the detractors to fire at us. Trust me, at least get your hands on the game and play all of the characters first, you never know what character you might get into.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG

You are just making yourself look so immature. Are you sure you're not 11 years old? Just shut up now. You're making yourself, and the entirety of the Ridley fanbase, look bad. You're not helping anyone's case. I'm surprised a mod hadn't given you an warning for flaming yet. Ridley is not "The Character". No one is, or will be. Get over it.

Mitochondria-Eve

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I don't think the roster's bad, but it's not good, either. There are definitely some character additions and omissions that feel out of place or flat-out wrong, and not many of the newcomers interest me that much. Out of all the newcomers revealed, the only ones I'm really looking forward to playing as are Bowser Jr. (who looks pretty neat), Greninja, and maybe Duck Hunt Dog. Everyone else is just... ya' know, just "meh". I don't hate any of the characters revealed, but they just don't interest me as much as newcomers in previous games did. And that's a real shame. Not to mention the fact that popular requests such as Mewtwo and Ridley pretty much got ignored, and well-liked characters like Wolf and Lucas were cut. And to top it all off, the Ice Climbers, who many believed were Super Smash Bros. main-stays at this point, were removed. That's awful.

I just feel that the cons outweigh the pros for this roster. It takes a lot for a video game's roster to disappoint me, but this one managed to do so. And what makes it worse is that I never expected to be disappointed in Smash's roster EVER.

Overall, I would rate the roster 5/10. It's not good, not bad. It's just... average. Disappointing.

Of course, this is completely my opinion and everyone is free to disagree. And on the bright side, the gameplay looks to be fantastic, so I'm still looking forward to actually playing the game.

Top Bottom