• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

Puddin

Smash Lord
I thought that in WW if you requested a song you could hear it, but he wouldn't give it to you. That's what I've experienced I don't know if it's just the song I requested or what but it's rather annoying.

M.K

Level 55
I thought that in WW if you requested a song you could hear it, but he wouldn't give it to you. That's what I've experienced I don't know if it's just the song I requested or what but it's rather annoying.
You have to type it in exactly or he'll play a random song.
No "KK" or "K.K"....it has to be "K.K."

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still have to prepare my flowers for hybrids, fish for money, sell money for turnips, go online and find someone with good turnip prices, repeat a few times, buy the gorgeous set, pay off my house, and find a good clothing/hair style.

And get the blue rose... again :/

HolyChef

Smash Ace
yeah wat are u talking about no holidays in this or wild world lol.

also this game feels a lot like wild world. i remember going from the gamecube to wild world and the same feeling of there being not as much stuff to do and less epicness is coming back.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh. Well, you had Wild World in there too, and Wild World is lacking in real holidays, so I was confused.

Amide

Smash Lord
A short thing about original being best:

I loved the music, the acre system, and pretty much the feel of the game. But still, City Folk pretty much has everything but better. I'd love original with wi-fi though.:)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My firend is mocking me for not having this game yet. D:

Oh well, I can't use Wii Speak anyways because I still don't have internet. I'm going to have to end this non internet before it hits six months.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Update on K.K. Slider requests (since no one replied, I assume no one else knew either): The first time, you don't appear to be able to request from him. But the second time, he lets you request.
(Yes, I defied time again. Sue me.)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Woo, I have it ^^. It's great, I love it. I've been waiting for this since the release of WW. <333

XACE-K

Smash Master
Update on K.K. Slider requests (since no one replied, I assume no one else knew either): The first time, you don't appear to be able to request from him. But the second time, he lets you request.
(Yes, I defied time again. Sue me.)
Good to know.

And is the hair-changing process the same as the other games? I need to change my guy's hair.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I still wish that you could "re-generate" the map when Rover shows it to you. I'm pretty **** anal about how my town looks and feels geographically.

After having paid off my 19,800 bells, I decided to rebuild my town because it was uncomfortable. I now have an island made by a forked river and the ocean. LOVE IT.

Aside from that, and that it seems impossible to get a "three-story town", I'm loving this game immensely.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And is the hair-changing process the same as the other games? I need to change my guy's hair.
Pretty much, except Harriet is in the city now, not in Nookington's.

Here's a guide to changing your hair. Although, aside from the colors, I'm not entirely sure how to do it, because I followed one of them and it didn't work...but I might've just done it wrong.

XACE-K

Smash Master
More choices:). Want to wi-fi?
Not for a week or so. I want to pay off my mortage, fix my house, etc. Than I'll do wi-fi. But I'd rather have a party of people than just 1 person over.

Besides, I didn't write down my FC.

Pretty much, except Harriet is in the city now, not in Nookington's.

Here's a guide to changing your hair. Although, aside from the colors, I'm not entirely sure how to do it, because I followed one of them and it didn't work...but I might've just done it wrong.
Thanks. Time to get rid of my guy's dumb hair-cut.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks. Time to get rid of my guy's dumb hair-cut.
No problem.

Okay, WARNING: Major item spoilers and geeking out ahead. You have been warned. Do not highlight the spoiler tags unless you're prepared.

OH MY GOD!!!! THERE'S A SAMUS HELMET, AND MAJORA'S MASK, AND A VARIA SUIT SHIRT, AND LINK'S TUNIC IN SHIRT FORM, AND LINK'S HAT, HAIR, AND EARS IN HAT FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1!11!111ONE1!111ELEVEN1!11!1!11!!CTRL+1!1!!!!!!1!11!!2!11!!!!!11!!!!! AND THEY'RE ALL WEARABLE!!!!![/Geek-out]

Too bad they cost 5,000 points at Nook shop and above (hat/mask/helmet 5,000, shirts are 6,000). But still, I'm going to invest a metric ton of money in Nook's store.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I still wish that you could "re-generate" the map when Rover shows it to you. I'm pretty **** anal about how my town looks and feels geographically.

After having paid off my 19,800 bells, I decided to rebuild my town because it was uncomfortable. I now have an island made by a forked river and the ocean. LOVE IT.

Aside from that, and that it seems impossible to get a "three-story town", I'm loving this game immensely.
Hold on, you can rebuild the town?
I saw something that said rebuild, or something like that, but I just ignored it. I think I'm gonna try it out.
Love this game btw :)
Except I've only had time to play at night and Nook's store is always closed, so I can't do much. Yes I could change the clock, but I never liked doing that (At least not in the beginning of the game, I'll do it when I have nothing to do a couple months from now)

EDIT: Ok so "Rebuild" actually means "Utterly Destroy"...... I want an island too :(

oh and for some reason I've always been interested in the fruit trees in AC. Which ones, if I may ask, did all of you start out with.
I started out with apples, which is funny because in my first city for the Game cube AC I started out with apples too :)

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I now have this game as well. We should start sharing some friend codes soon.

So far, it feels like the same old same old. I have a nice location for my house though.

Right next to the train station, on the same side of the river as Nook's Cranny, Town Hall, Museum, and Design Shop. The main neighborhood of animals is just across the bridge. The two other houses are by the boonies and the beach. The only slight gripe I have is that the moment I walk out my front door, the river's right in front of it, so there's not a lot of room for decorating the front lawn of the house. I do have a neighbor though.

M.K

Level 55
The Animal Crossing Christmas Wish List:

Hey everyone! I decided, in the Christmas spirit (and with the help of my friend FirusTheHedgehog) to organize the AC Smash Boards Christmas Wish List!

Basically, someone posts an item that they REALLY want (i.e. I want the Luigi hat). Whenever you see this item in the store, or if you already have the item, you could organize a trade with him or her!

List:

User - Item Wanted

Meta-Kirby - Lil Bro Hat (a.k.a. the Luigi hat)

Whenever you add something to the list, make sure you post the entire list again so that people have a chance to see ALL of the people looking for trades.

Ok, now THAT is out of the way. I encourage everyone to pick the mushrooms that you see around town.

Among the 4 mushrooms I picked yesterday, 3 were mushrooms and the fourth was a piece of furniture called a "Mush Stool".
Awesome ^_^

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol I found a mush table. I sold it ^_^

I also found a mushroom worth 10,000 bells so look out for that

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah I just realized the other day that AC is a really relaxing game, a nice change from all the fast paced action/ fighting/ shooting games I play

XACE-K

Smash Master
Okay, WARNING: Major item spoilers and geeking out ahead. You have been warned. Do not highlight the spoiler tags unless you're prepared.

OH MY GOD!!!! THERE'S A SAMUS HELMET, AND MAJORA'S MASK, AND A VARIA SUIT SHIRT, AND LINK'S TUNIC IN SHIRT FORM, AND LINK'S HAT, HAIR, AND EARS IN HAT FORM!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1!11!111ONE1!111ELEVEN1!11!1!11!!CTRL+1!1!!!!!!1!11!!2!11!!!!!11!!!!! AND THEY'RE ALL WEARABLE!!!!![/Geek-out]

Too bad they cost 5,000 points at Nook shop and above (hat/mask/helmet 5,000, shirts are 6,000). But still, I'm going to invest a metric ton of money in Nook's store.
:D

I must get ALL of them. Or the absolutely cool stuff. Time to get more bells.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I love this game. WiiSpeak is nice too.

Anyone PM me to play!

FC: 2363-9134-3872

So, I want any type of "Classic furniture, please. I'll pay top bell! lol

Animal Crossing: City Folk is the best installment in the series. Period.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol I found a mush table. I sold it ^_^

I also found a mushroom worth 10,000 bells so look out for that
I hate you.

I picked up about 7 mushrooms in total on Sunday. One of them was a Mush TV, the rest were mushrooms that sold for a couple hundred at the MOST.
Bah...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Two more days than I'll have this game. If only you could transfer your money from Wild World. D:

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
AWESOME NEWS!!!
Kappn' whistles Totaka's Song in the beggining of the game!

EDIT: Aww, forget it. I never find anything new...

Anyways, how do you pop the floating balloons? Do you get a slingshot like last time?

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
I just got the game, and at first I thought that was why he was showing it to me.

EDIT: Argh, why are the sea bass so big in this game? I was all excited that I was catching a rare fish, but nope. Nothin' but sea bass.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
EDIT: Argh, why are the sea bass so big in this game? I was all excited that I was catching a rare fish, but nope. Nothin' but sea bass.
Yeah, the same thing happened to me (it was raining, to make matters even worse -- I thought I might've found a Coelacanth). I miss the old Animal Crossing where you could tell if it was a good fish by looking at it, with about 1 exception (the Arowana). Now the only things you can tell are rare are sharks/sunfish, because of the fins. Not to mention ocean fishing in general was so much more rewarding in the original. You found a good amount of Red Snappers, the occasional Barred Knifejaws, and the metric ton of Sea Bass were annoying, but made up for by the 3,000 Bells per Red Snapper. Now you get a Red Snapper once every blue moon. It kind of makes me dislike fishing.

But yeah, I'm also fairly convinced that the Slingshot is a rare item in CF. I switched the days around a bit, and I ended up going in for a few days in a row before I found one, along with an axe. What's rather irksome is that earlier on while playing, I found TWO presents within 5 minutes of each other. And I didn't have a slingshot yet, so I couldn't do anything more than use my "sad" emote and take a picture of it.
Just a tip to all of you who haven't seen a present yet, it's not like in Wild World where they're high in the sky; you don't have to look up to see them. It's sort of like the GC Animal Crossing where they were above you, and appeared anywhere in the town, not just at the top. They also seem to move very slowly, which only made my lack of a slingshot more excruciating.

Also, for anyone who has the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina, and doesn't mind cheating...you can find codes here. There WERE a metric ton of item codes last I checked but now they're not there anymore...
Either way, I think these codes are 100x better. I didn't want to cheat for the awesome Nintendo items anyways, would've taken a lot away from the accomplishment. Now they have a jump code (probably not as useful in the original, where it wasn't very useful except for getting to the island without a GBA anyways, but still entertaining), a code to remove weeds (rather cheap, but handy), a code to cycle through emotions, an infinite bells code, and a code that lets you treat your neighbor's houses as your own (i.e. you can move, add, and remove furniture).

But by far my favorite code yet is this: a code that lets you press different buttons to move forward and backwards in time! That means, I assume, that in-game, you can change the time. And if you're like 90% of Animal Crossing players, you change the time...so that is INFINITELY useful. You can even press a button to change it back to the original time when you're done.

Puddin

Smash Lord
No problem.

Now I'm VERY sad that I won't be able to get the game until Christmas. I could I resist making a mash up of
SAMUS WITH LINKS TUNIC OR PUTTING ON MAJORAS MASK IN A VARIA SUIT AND PRETENDING TO BLAST PEOPLE WHILE I USE THE MASK TO TRAVEL IN TIME HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Now I'm VERY sad that I won't be able to get the game until Christmas. I could I resist making a mash up of
SAMUS WITH LINKS TUNIC OR PUTTING ON MAJORAS MASK IN A VARIA SUIT AND PRETENDING TO BLAST PEOPLE WHILE I USE THE MASK TO TRAVEL IN TIME HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME
I think I'm going to, once I
get the metric ton of points required to buy Majora's Mask, Samus's Helmet, the Varia Suit, and Link's Tunic
, have outfits. Some days I'll wear
Majora's Mask with a tunic, others I'll wear Samus's Helmet (which by the way, is annoyingly enough called 'Samus's Mask'...it's a HELMET, people),
and if I'm feeling wacky, I'll do a mash-up, like you.

I also want to create some designs. Even though I'm 99% sure they didn't fix the annoying pallet problem, I'm hoping they did so I can make a shirt with Samus's Super Metroid sprite on it. With, of course, "Super Metroid > All" on the back.
I can still make the sprite even if it's not fixed, but with only one pallet I'm only able to make half the colors. I tried it in the original Animal Crossing, and Samus ended up looking kind of 12-bit (halfway between 16-bit and 8-bit).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But yeah, I'm also fairly convinced that the Slingshot is a rare item in CF. I switched the days around a bit, and I ended up going in for a few days in a row before I found one, along with an axe. What's rather irksome is that earlier on while playing, I found TWO presents within 5 minutes of each other. And I didn't have a slingshot yet, so I couldn't do anything more than use my "sad" emote and take a picture of it.
Just a tip to all of you who haven't seen a present yet, it's not like in Wild World where they're high in the sky; you don't have to look up to see them. It's sort of like the GC Animal Crossing where they were above you, and appeared anywhere in the town, not just at the top. They also seem to move very slowly, which only made my lack of a slingshot more excruciating.
How did the baloon work in AC:GC? Didn't the present just land in a tree or something?

Top Bottom