• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Hey, anyone wanna give me all the other fruits in AC CF? I only have Cherry and coconuts.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I thought you didnt like cf? xP

You should join the ac group. Im sure there would be plenty of people willing to give you some fruit!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I only have Pears, Peaches, Apples, and Coconuts. I could use any of the others, and I am willing to trade. Currently, I am working on two orchards of fruits.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey, didn't know you picked this up CK. When I get mine working, I'll have to trash your place visit nicely.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Does anybody know if something similar to the 30,000 bells cheat from the original has worked it's way back into this one? I hate wasting all the bells building up my house and would much rather spend it on actual furniture for it. It would be a lot easier to just use that to get that part of the game out of the way so I can start working on the fun part.

Amide

Smash Lord
Does anybody know if something similar to the 30,000 bells cheat from the original has worked it's way back into this one? I hate wasting all the bells building up my house and would much rather spend it on actual furniture for it. It would be a lot easier to just use that to get that part of the game out of the way so I can start working on the fun part.

CHEEEEEEEEATER.

No, there's not. Just buy turnips.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
orchids of fruit is nice too. You can make at least 100K in one go, depending on how much you plant.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
After about an hour last night I finally got my town the way I like it in a way that doesn't annoy me to get around.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
And now I am completely bored with the game.

I spent the first few weeks playing it to build two huge orchards of fruits. Now, I have 78 trees producing fruits that sell for 500 bells each. At 1,500 per tree, I am making 117,000 bells every three days. Brittany has two orchards of her own as well. So, now I am collecting every fruit, 15 at a time, because the game is too stupid to consider upgrading your pocket size, and it dawned on me: I have nothing to do. Once I collect a few more times, I am finished all my mortgages, then why am I playing?

Oh well...

urdailywater

Smash Hero
And now I am completely bored with the game.

I spent the first few weeks playing it to build two huge orchards of fruits. Now, I have 78 trees producing fruits that sell for 500 bells each. At 1,500 per tree, I am making 117,000 bells every three days. Brittany has two orchards of her own as well. So, now I am collecting every fruit, 15 at a time, because the game is too stupid to consider upgrading your pocket size, and it dawned on me: I have nothing to do. Once I collect a few more times, I am finished all my mortgages, then why am I playing?

Oh well...

Did you donate to the Bank to get your WindMill and Fountain?

did you upgrade your entire town.

..there's a lot to do when it comes to money but after that it gets boring.
I quit a long time ago.. mainly because it just felt too much like Wild World to me. =/
And because of some other games I got..

edit: Do they have any cheats on Homebrew, as in bells cheats out?

I'd like to actually get back into the game, but not have to pay off my mortage. That's the only boring part imo. =/ other than that the game is fun.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, mortage is so boring.
I can't get any of the villagers to give me fruit, and fishing is getting boring.

I don't think a coconut orchard is very good either.

Anyone here pay off all their house yet?

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I wish that they at least put microscopic effort dressing up Wild World 2.0 City Folk as a brand new game. The very least they could of done was to change the town music. It's an alright game, but they should put a lot more effort in making the next Animal Crossing different from the previous ones instead of bringing back some minor stuff and overrecycling of village music. If it fails, then go back to their cash cow formula of giving the latest Animal Crossing game some minor new features and advertising it as a different game.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wish that they at least put microscopic effort dressing up Wild World 2.0 City Folk as a brand new game. The very least they could of done was to change the town music. It's an alright game, but they should put a lot more effort in making the next Animal Crossing different from the previous ones instead of bringing back some minor stuff and overrecycling of village music. If it fails, then go back to their cash cow formula of giving the latest Animal Crossing game some minor new features and advertising it as a different game.
This .

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Can I join that Animal Crossing Social Group? :)
FC - 3480-6674-7194
Name - Kirby
Town - Pop Star
Fruit - Peaches
WiiSpeak - No, I use a USB Keyboard.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I forgot about this game. After obtaining
Majora's Mask
, I stopped playing.

I can't even remember how long ago that was. Yet another game Nintendo failed at reinventing for captivation.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I forgot about this game. After obtaining
Majora's Mask
, I stopped playing.

I can't even remember how long ago that was. Yet another game Nintendo failed at reinventing for captivation.
I wasn't even interested enough to make it that far. You're so lucky.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~

§leepy God

Smash Master
You guys played too much Wild World, that's why it's unappealing to you guys. Other than that, this is the second best AC right now.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
It didn't get old for me, but I never played Wild Word. The reason I stopped playing was because of my new 360. >.>

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I never played Wild World either, but I did play a ton of the original AC for GC

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I never played Wild World, went hardcore with the original AC, and I'm still in love with this game lol. I'm a completionist, so it's natural that it's hard for me to understand you guys saying "there's nothing left to do!" when I've got tons and tons of furniture sets I still need to finish on my mind, some sets I don't even have a single piece of.

Also, unlike the original AC (where I started TTing like a madman sometime during Spring >_>), I'm waiting patiently for all the bugs and fish to come out so I can catch them, so this game will last me almost another year.

...That is, assuming my TV ever comes back to life again since it broke down about a week ago. >_> I'd probably be playing it right now if my TV was working...I've missed so much...including the sale of 4 million bells worth of turnips which are now spoiled (that's roughly 43, 956 turnips LOLOLOLOL).

I'm just lucky this happened during Winter where there's barely any bugs/fish and I've caught the ones that are out now anyways...it's gonna suck if I still don't have it fixed by March. <_>

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
I have to get Wario's mustache and hat. After that and covering the town with tiles (to make the town look better and to prevent weeds), I'll stop playing for a while.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Animal Crossing: City Folk

The Aftermath

After playing this game for hours on end, it has very few good results.

While I enjoyed the game during the beginning, I found that making money was far too easy, and that I had my debt paid off in no time. So I set my sights on bigger things. I went on to collect money to donate, to eventually get a windmill, which did nothing. I sight my sights on digging up and donating every fossil I found. After barely trying, my set is a handful short of complete. Fish and insects not too far behind, and I haven't even tried starting them.

While the city offered a new area to wander, it really didn't improve the game much at all. All it is was an overpriced store, in which the items being sold were the same for months on end, redds shop, where the paintings are almost always fake (if not always) and the items offered were rarely rare, and an emote store, in the form of a cruddy comedy club.

It really isn't worth the money spent on it, and if i hadn't gotten it as a gift, would be quite disappointed with myself for getting the game in the first place.

maybe its me just being more mature then in my younger years where i'd spend countless hours fishing in the original, or just having higher expectations in games nowadays, but it just wasn't what it was cracked up to be. The replay value is almost 0. Even the return of holidays couldn't save it.

personal overall rating: 4/10

Lovely

Smash Lord
Wow, 4/10. I guess you don't play this game too much as well right? Well I found myself stop playing ever since my store downgraded, then got it back. =/ ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow JKBUK, I sorry to hear that even though it hasn't been a full year since this game has came out. I guess it's too pridictable if you played the pass Animal Crossing. But over all, I would count City Folk to be the second best Animal Crossing and the first one the best, the Wii is far better than the DS in a lot of ways since it has more things added than the DS except for bigger house or harder payment.

Well I found myself stop playing ever since my store downgraded, then got it back. =/ ♥
Ah, not you too. T_T

But he'll ask the question again so it's not so bad, IMO.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Wow JKBUK, I sorry to hear that even though it hasn't been a full year since this game has came out. I guess it's too pridictable if you played the pass Animal Crossing. But over all, I would count City Folk to be the second best Animal Crossing and the first one the best, the Wii is far better than the DS in a lot of ways since it has more things added than the DS except for bigger house or harder payment.
I don't deny that this could be the best AC. It's just, I don't know, maybe the word I'm looking for is bland? It does have more features, but for some reason they just don't intrigue me. I mean, I literally use this game to bore me to sleep when I want to nap on weekdays.

*shake tree*
"fft fft fft"
*fruit drops*
"woo... plop plop"
*picks up fruit*
"vmm...shkashkashka"
"vmm...shkashkashka"
"vmm...shkashkashka"
*walks*
*repeat until asleep*

It just was too easy to get everything, and with that done, what's left to do?

I might trade it in to gamestop and attempt to save up for pokemon platinum.

Top Bottom