• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

spfx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7033-3602

Hey, I don't think I've seen other topics on this game, so I decided to start it.
I'm almost sure that it's in the process now, as numerous sources have confirmed its existence.

TO FIND FRIEND CODES CHECK HERE

Some of the many sources:
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/strategy/animalcrossing/index.html?tag=result;title;2
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=186488
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Crossing_Wii
http://www.massively.com/2007/11/09/animal-crossing-mmo-for-wii-confirmed/
http://www.videogamer.com/news/29-01-2008-7363.html
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/01/29/animal-crossing-for-wii-confirmed
and... a bunch more places.

Well neway, what are some things that we would like to see in the upcoming title, and what needs improvement?

To start it off, I'd like to see the inclusion of cooking :bee:

XACE-K

Smash Master
I don't really like the idea of cooking but something I don't want is your Miis being the character. It would seem stupid to do so.

spfx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7033-3602
Haha yea, I do like that kinda stuff in games.
And I don't think I would really like Mii's in the game either, it'll ruin the AC vibe, you know? xD

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Cooking in Animal Crossing would be awesome.

However, having your Mii would not. I dunno, it would just kinda ruin it. The graphics for the Mii would be out of place in the animal crossing universe.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I say the option to have town motto's.

Like, for my town in Wild World:

Welcome to Foreplay, where it's More Than a Feeling!

Yes, I'm a huge Boston fan.

D

Deleted member

^^Good for you!;)

Honestly, I'm hoping it will be a little more exciting. I've owned both the original and WW, but I quickly got bored of both.

*Puts up flame shield*

spfx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7033-3602
^^Good for you!;)

Honestly, I'm hoping it will be a little more exciting. I've owned both the original and WW, but I quickly got bored of both.

*Puts up flame shield*
Haha, I do admit and agree with you the fact that the previous games got old quickly... hopefully this time, with the online play, they'll create a game that'll really last long.
*Also puts up flame shield*

spfx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7033-3602
I like AC:WW for DS but I don like it on GC.
I prefer AC portable.
Ah, I do agree that I enjoyed the DS ver. more than the GC ver.
But home consoles can probably do & fit in a lot more than the handhelds.
Hence the new Wii AC!! (:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'll give the nod to the Cube version. The framerate on the DS version actually annoyed me when I played it, it's counterpart was much smoother. It also had the old school Nintendo games you could play at your house. Other than that, the DS version was better in every way. All the town sites were updated like the museum, aquarium and town office, along with the new sites like the coffeehouse.

This game will be amazing like the other ones were, as long as I don't abuse the game's internal clock like I always do. They should really put Mr. Resetti, my favorite character, to more use and have him scold you if you change the game clock. For now, this is one of the few Wii titles I'm looking forward to, mainly because I know it'll deliver. It's not like other franchises by Nintendo that mix things up too much.

Also, I always loved making my neighbors cry. Preferably with a net to the head.

spfx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7033-3602
I'll give the nod to the Cube version. The framerate on the DS version actually annoyed me when I played it, it's counterpart was much smoother. It also had the old school Nintendo games you could play at your house. Other than that, the DS version was better in every way. All the town sites were updated like the museum, aquarium and town office, along with the new sites like the coffeehouse.

This game will be amazing like the other ones were, as long as I don't abuse the game's internal clock like I always do. They should really put Mr. Resetti, my favorite character, to more use and have him scold you if you change the game clock. For now, this is one of the few Wii titles I'm looking forward to, mainly because I know it'll deliver. It's not like other franchises by Nintendo that mix things up too much.

Also, I always loved making my neighbors cry. Preferably with a net to the head.
LOL i love bullying neighbors too (digging holes around them to trap them xD). Yea, the NES games were definitely a plus in the GC.

I abused the internal clock as well... but who doesnt? =P. Eh, if u had to play in the right time every time, that would get very frustrating.

How did you find Resetti as you fav character?! lol I just can't stand the guy...

Ørion

Smash Ace
I can't wait for this game to come out (if it ever does at this point), it will be so awesome. I hadn't ever thought of cooking in this game, but now that I do, it would be really cool. I'm kind of picturing it like the cooking in the paper mario games, which was always really fun. Maybe instead of donating to the main part of the museum (where the food would get rotten pretty quickly *ergh*), you could give it to a cafe that would be combined w/ Brewsters, and it would keep track of what you had donated, like the museum. Easy recipes would be like cooked bass, and harder ones could be like a fruit cobbler which requires all the types of fruit.

spfx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7033-3602
I can't wait for this game to come out (if it ever does at this point), it will be so awesome. I hadn't ever thought of cooking in this game, but now that I do, it would be really cool. I'm kind of picturing it like the cooking in the paper mario games, which was always really fun. Maybe instead of donating to the main part of the museum (where the food would get rotten pretty quickly *ergh*), you could give it to a cafe that would be combined w/ Brewsters, and it would keep track of what you had donated, like the museum. Easy recipes would be like cooked bass, and harder ones could be like a fruit cobbler which requires all the types of fruit.
Hey! that's some amazing ideas there! :D
combining fishing, fruit collecting with cooking? YES PLEASE!

hm... isn't about time where we would have a job too? and as you become more experienced, you rise in your position, getting you more money!
I want to pay for things like rent, food, clothing like real life.

Think about this: What if this Animal Crossing's setting was in an urban area???
We would have a car to drive around, go down to the city and hang out!

-Those are my new ideas (:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hey! that's some amazing ideas there! :D
combining fishing, fruit collecting with cooking? YES PLEASE!

hm... isn't about time where we would have a job too? and as you become more experienced, you rise in your position, getting you more money!
I want to pay for things like rent, food, clothing like real life.

Think about this: What if this Animal Crossing's setting was in an urban area???
We would have a car to drive around, go down to the city and hang out!

-Those are my new ideas (:
I second this.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I would hate Animal Corssing to be in an Urban Area.

It totally ruins the purpose of the game, It's a small village, not a big city.

Maybe a Mii would be one of your town's residents.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I agree with what Yaya said, just imagine the looks on peoples' faces if they saw a trailer of the new installment in an urban area. Running around catching animals, digging, fishing and just collecting stuff is practically the whole game, so why take that away with cars?

I really don't want Animal Crossing to look like a Sims game.

The job, rent and clothing ideas are things that fans have wanted since the first one, so who knows?

EDIT: Oh and Mr. Resetti is my favorite character since he has the best dialog. Gaston is a close second, especially because of the mustache.

spfx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3952-7033-3602
I would hate Animal Corssing to be in an Urban Area.

It totally ruins the purpose of the game, It's a small village, not a big city.

Maybe a Mii would be one of your town's residents.
Ah, now that you mention it, yea... urban areas are not what AC was first aimed at and that would really mess up the AC feel that we all love.
I know what you mean, I agree with you 100% :bee:

Yea, how about just one or two Mii residents... but it would be selected at random, via online thru other people? nah... I'm not sure how this would all work.

I agree with what Yaya said, just imagine the looks on peoples' faces if they saw a trailer of the new installment in an urban area. Running around catching animals, digging, fishing and just collecting stuff is practically the whole game, so why take that away with cars?

I really don't want Animal Crossing to look like a Sims game.

The job, rent and clothing ideas are things that fans have wanted since the first one, so who knows?

EDIT: Oh and Mr. Resetti is my favorite character since he has the best dialog. Gaston is a close second, especially because of the mustache.
Hm... good way to put it yea, urban area.

I thought afterwards, and what I said really did sound like a sims game. No, we do NOT want another Sim's game.

Mr. Resetti really is the funniest guy, now that you mention it. I pick nicest character as Tortimer, coolest, of course goes to K.K. Slider.

**(btw, talking about Slider, I've thought of something. What if we could learn to play guitar(Or any other instruments), now thru Wii-remote schemes. And we take lessons from K.K Slider!!! You would hold local performances with him, or you can play just sitting at the town square xD. I REALLY like the thought of this.)

D13

Smash Ace
The first Animal Crossing was okay, but traveling around was a hassle. Wild World was tons better because of wifi. If they find a way to make Animal Crossing Wii really stand out from Wild World, I might consider getting it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
The first Animal Crossing was okay, but traveling around was a hassle. Wild World was tons better because of wifi. If they find a way to make Animal Crossing Wii really stand out from Wild World, I might consider getting it.
Wild World was a great game. If they make the wii version just as good, I would buy it.

Ørion

Smash Ace
**(btw, talking about Slider, I've thought of something. What if we could learn to play guitar(Or any other instruments), now thru Wii-remote schemes. And we take lessons from K.K Slider!!! You would hold local performances with him, or you can play just sitting at the town square xD. I REALLY like the thought of this.)
Lol, there's another idea. They could add playing music along with the cooking to add two new levels to the game; If they did, it would be awesome.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Perhaps they're thinking of being able to link up from the wii with the ds if you have Wild World? Probably be the same benefits as the GC version, if not more advantages because of technology these days :p

Ørion

Smash Ace
Perhaps they're thinking of being able to link up from the wii with the ds if you have Wild World? Probably be the same benefits as the GC version, if not more advantages because of technology these days :p
That would be really cool. They could have the same type of island thing as in the original, but maybe with more to do and more benefits? Maybe fruits/food for cooking that could only be gotten there?

Ixnay

Smash Rookie
A whack-a-mole game featuring Resetti would be nice, but the chances of Nintendo putting that in the game are between zero and zip. The urban idea sounds really cool, though!

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I'd like to see a whole bunch of people travelling to a person's town...

Online - Talk to other people (as in writing with the wiimote)

I want a lobby with like, a person and their town with like a maximum of 10 people visiting a town.

I like the GC more than the WW one more.

I'd like to see the Universal Codes appearing back in the Wii version. :D

Kyoryoku Hitori

Smash Cadet
You'll never find out! 'Cause by the time you do M
The resetti whack-a-mole thing would be awesome. Say you have a net on you when you walk out the door and you didnt save your game you could hit Resetti in the head the second he comes out of the hole and he would get pissed and leave you alone for the day. But there should be a consequence for doing so. If you do hit him when you save your game and turn it back on Resetti rambles on twice as much as before and every time you hit him his rambleing increases. How 'bout that idea?

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's an idea: VOICE CHAT.

But besides things that with Nintendo wont ever happen, there are still a few things.

ADD:
Voice chat AND text chat (with longer than one line of text...)
Customizable entrance
Basement
Island
Storable patterns
More item slots
More than four humans in a town
Items able to be bunched without limits (So what if I want to take out 1337 bells)
Sign boards
Room for all expressions (Not just four)
Bigger mailbox
Bigger town
More residents
Customizable house(s) location
Multiple houses (Not just one >_>)
Acres, but don't shift camera
Main town tree thing
Better live/die tree growing ratio

SUBTRACT:
Island boat ride >_>
Wilting flowers
Watering flowers
Slingshot (for the lack of a second screen)
Friend codes (Names > Numbers)
Random townies moving (Seriously, liked ones should stay, hated ones should move)
Color pallet limitations (Make all colors possible on one pattern, sheesh)
House item amount limitations (So what if I want every space to be filled with an item)

Seriously, Nintendo could go to town (haha) with this if they really put their minds to it.

Wow I went overboard with this. Oh well.

M.K

Level 55
How about extinct, rare animal celebrities? I mean, how cool would it be to see a Dodo Bird or a T-Rex character being bombarded with headlines and photographers!
Some other extinct animals/supernatural beings they could include would be Pterodactyl, Lochness Monster (?), Alien, Unicorn, and Carolina Parakeet (ok, maybe not, but it IS extinct!!)

Ørion

Smash Ace
Here's an idea: VOICE CHAT.

But besides things that with Nintendo wont ever happen, there are still a few things.

ADD:
Voice chat AND text chat (with longer than one line of text...)
Customizable entrance
Basement
Island
Storable patterns
More item slots
More than four humans in a town
Items able to be bunched without limits (So what if I want to take out 1337 bells)
Sign boards
Room for all expressions (Not just four)
Bigger mailbox
Bigger town
More residents
Customizable house(s) location
Multiple houses (Not just one >_>)
Acres, but don't shift camera
Main town tree thing
Better live/die tree growing ratio

SUBTRACT:
Island boat ride >_>
Wilting flowers
Watering flowers
Slingshot (for the lack of a second screen)
Friend codes (Names > Numbers)
Random townies moving (Seriously, liked ones should stay, hated ones should move)
Color pallet limitations (Make all colors possible on one pattern, sheesh)
House item amount limitations (So what if I want every space to be filled with an item)

Seriously, Nintendo could go to town (haha) with this if they really put their minds to it.

Wow I went overboard with this. Oh well.
I like the additions, but IMO some of the things you want to take out are part of what makes animal crossing (IE the flowers random townies moving)

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even random townies moving wasn't TOO bad, but in WW they moved every other day which was just horrible. As for the flowers, it took forever to water them everyday and I hated every second of it.

Kyoryoku Hitori

Smash Cadet
You'll never find out! 'Cause by the time you do M
I know dont you hate when that happens?! I liked Lobo the wolf... but... he moved. He was my favorite :crying:... Well then a pink squirell moved in. Her name is Peanut... she is so cute! Ahem... anyway... I also hate the watering flowers thing too. Especially when you plant a rare tree or flower and it dies in one day because you didn't water it one time. It sucks real bad. The insurance thing is great though. If you get insurance and you get injured you get PAID!!! PAID I SAID!!! PAID!!! It is so sweet...:chuckle:

ravenhats

Smash Cadet
Get music easier would be nice so that people don't mess with the time in the game. Also online towns with your friends would be way cool!

Ørion

Smash Ace
Get music easier would be nice so that people don't mess with the time in the game. Also online towns with your friends would be way cool!
It would be nice to stop people from messing with the time, but I like that it takes a while to get tracks. It requires more dedication and time spent playing the game.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Make it so that people can't pick up your custom tiles on the ground, that seriously drives me crazy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Having the tiles was a cool addition, especially when people used them to completly change their towns to things like Islands, volcanoes, cities or Pokemon RBY ground styles.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
All I have to say is, they need to make it like the AC on the GCN, only better.

AC:WW was just not up to par with the original. I didn't even like the rolling effect. XD I could go off on this, but AC:WW had way too many flaws as opposed to the original.

The things they should undoubtedly keep from AC:WW - Accessories and Hairstyles. I also liked the emotions. Plus Wi-Fi, but nobody would want that gone. XD

Top Bottom