• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'm glad the holidays are back, and what I'm really glad is that you can connect with your ACWW to this game. If you can transport items, then paying off the loan would be easy for me.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I hope it's at midnight. I might just go late on Saturday to get it :p

Really, it sounds like it. November 16th I'll check around my Wal-Mart/Circuit City stores and come back with news.

I'm guessing were importing these from Japan (or at least I assume..), but you never know. Japan IS getting the game later than us so it's still confusing. If it is from Japan then I guess it'll hit the East Coast a bit later.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I really hope they don't use music from Wild World. I didn't really like it all that much. What I want is the original Animal Crossing's music back.

Unfortunately, the chances of that are slim to none. But I truly miss the original Animal Crossing theme -- Wild World's theme was okay, but the theme of Animal Crossing was just....awesome. Plus, the outside music was great. 8PM and 9PM are especially notable, in my opinion.
Does anyone else feel this way?

Also,
Franklin's coming back! If you look at the box art, you can see Franklin peeking out from behind the museum.
I'm glad, because that was really fun.

M.K

Level 55
I really hope they don't use music from Wild World. I didn't really like it all that much. What I want is the original Animal Crossing's music back.

Unfortunately, the chances of that are slim to none. But I truly miss the original Animal Crossing theme -- Wild World's theme was okay, but the theme of Animal Crossing was just....awesome. Plus, the outside music was great. 8PM and 9PM are especially notable, in my opinion.

Also,
Franklin's coming back! If you look at the box art, you can see Franklin peeking out from behind the museum.
I'm glad, because that was really fun.
It's almost mandatory and probable that they will make completely new music for this game, which I'm very excited about.
Somebody answer me this, has anyone seen news of any new villagers? I was sorely disappointed in WW when there were ZERO new villagers! Ugh, I don't really want to see the same people every freaking day. I want some new faces.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Somebody answer me this, has anyone seen news of any new villagers? I was sorely disappointed in WW when there were ZERO new villagers! Ugh, I don't really want to see the same people every freaking day. I want some new faces.
No news of this yet. Check back on the youtube account I linked earlier and see if you see any new faces on the videos.

Definitely. I feel this way all the time while anxiously waiting for the game. They HAVE to put in new music. If they recycle the music from WW, then Nintendo showed just how much more lazy they can be. The music is what makes Animal Crossing so great.

Also +1 on the themes. The original theme was the best evar, but I've grown to like the Wild World theme a bit. It just seems, I don't know.. a little bit too depressing.

M.K

Level 55
Ahh, I LOVE The original theme! It's so peaceful!
K.K. Fusion, Technopop, and Faire are...AWESOME. I LOVE them. LOVE them.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Because I like the way I put it in my comment on a YouTube video, I'll post it here as well:

The only time recycled music is acceptable is when it is in a massive amount and it's remixed to the point of still being re-usable, or just being completely awesome in the first place and not needing remixing.
A.K.A.: Smash Bros.

As someone who loves music, I am not going to appreciate having recycled tunes in CF. It's not going to stop me from getting the game or anything, but it will SERIOUSLY hinder my experience. Nintendo is REEAAALLY pissing me off.
Like, seriously. Are they going to majorly screw up every title on the Wii except for like, three?
And music to me is extremely important, so hearing the same music again from Wild World WILL affect the game for me, hopefully not as drastically as I expect but still a good amount. I'm not just accentuating this for the hell of it.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
:(

No new music. I was hoping that dumped video said it all.
I agree with Firust. It isn't as entertaining if the only time I'm gonna hear new music is in the city.

I'm still getting it though. I might just play some of my iTunes music if anything.

M.K

Level 55
God ****ing dammit, Nintendo!
How much lazier can you get? You ****ing put 313 songs in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and you can't even remix the 15 or so songs in AC (Not counting KK).
Urgh, all this game looks like is a port of the GC game to the Wii.

-_- I'm still holding out for F-Zero Wii.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
-_- I'm still holding out for F-Zero Wii.
What!?! What about Kirby Wii, it's not forgoten. D:

Back on Topic: A few things I hope is that if you can creep with the Net, Wild Wrold it was a pain to catch a few bugs with out that, and if the unlimeted money glitch is in the game like on the GC on. :D

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Two women talking about going into town to go to some boutique, and then the camera pans and they're playing Animal Crossing.

This isn't the one I saw, but it's similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq3QPL-8bl0
I'm not sure which was worse; the sucky commercial, or the idiot commenting that said the Wii was better than everything.

Either way, I actually mostly got over my initial pessimism, but recent events lead me to believe that this game is going to be Wild World with Mii heads, voice chat, and the ability to go into the city.
Nintendo's about to blow one of the only promising titles on the Wii in the near future.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I can't stand console fanboys either.
Yep. Console fanboys (or fanboys in general, but especially console fanboys) are arguably the most annoying species on Earth.

On the bright side, at least it shows more than five seconds of gameplay.

I'm still debating whether or not to get WiiSpeak with City Folk. On one hand, I want to rebel the existence of it, because of the concept. On the other hand, I may want it eventually and I really don't want to have to pay full price later.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
GIT IT!!

I wanna here everyones voice.

'Cause I need to compare and contrast to WoWFanboys.

:053:

Get 53

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Funny thing is, Wii Speak has really good quality. Probably a lot better than any hack will have.

And for 30 dollars you can't go wrong..

Well, unless you get the bundle of course...

:024:
Get 24

urdailywater

Smash Hero
November 16th.

This Sunday, but some Wal-Marts are already selling them.
I might call my local Wal-Mart 2morrow, and then Circuit City Sunday if they don't have it.

I don't want to go to town to realize that they haven't started stocking AC:CF yet. >.>

:013:
Get 13.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
November 16th.

This Sunday, but some Wal-Marts are already selling them.
I might call my local Wal-Mart 2morrow, and then Circuit City Sunday if they don't have it.

I don't want to go to town to realize that they haven't started stocking AC:CF yet. >.>

:013:
Get 13.
i wish people were more lenient around here...

porque pokemon urdailywater?

Amide

Smash Lord
I am getting Wii Speak. Raise your hand if you are getting Wii Speak and plan on playing wifi with me. =D

(Random post edit: Shadowtroop... your sig. What the hell? You stalker.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
i wish people were more lenient around here...

porque pokemon urdailywater?
Big words I don't understand.

Lenient - agreeably tolerant; permissive; indulgent

:(

Also, you have to get them all.

:093:

Get 93.

I am getting Wii Speak. Raise your hand if you are getting Wii Speak and plan on playing wifi with me. =D
:D

I'd raise my hand if you weren't a snake main tbh. >.>
<.<

But wait, you have TLink in your name so I guess I have to. =/
Also: If nobody has watched it yet, this pretty much shows the quality of Wii Speak. It's pretty impressive if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiL7USzm254

Amide

Smash Lord
Yeah, Wii Speak is gonna be awesome. My bro doesn't want me to get it because I might "talk with strangers." LOL.

Just so you know, I only main snake because he counters the Dark Night (Meta Knight) If what AZ says is true, Meta Knight is Jesus, so I guess I have to be Satan. I played Toon recently, and he's pretty sick =D.

Can't wait to play you. =D

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Yeah, Wii Speak is gonna be awesome. My bro doesn't want me to get it because I might "talk with strangers." LOL.

Just so you know, I only main snake because he counters the Dark Night (Meta Knight) If what AZ says is true, Meta Knight is Jesus, so I guess I have to be Satan. I played Toon recently, and he's pretty sick =D.

Can't wait to play you. =D
Talk with strangers.. lol.

I can't get it. It's $70 with the WiiSpeak so I don't wanna have to buy it.

I'll just use AIM or something.

3 more days. Tomorrow begins a new week..

Spire

III
BRoomer
Talk with strangers.. lol.

I can't get it. It's $70 with the WiiSpeak so I don't wanna have to buy it.

I'll just use AIM or something.

3 more days. Tomorrow begins a new week..
Friday is the beginning of your week?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I won't get this game until next Thursday, I suck at life now. D:

Oh well, at least I'll get this game with Wario Land Shake It and Sonic Unleashed. :D

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely gonna get the Wii Speak/AC bundle, the commercials though make the game look really unappealing. I'll probably get it on Monday since Gamestop probably won't have stocked the first day.

Top Bottom