• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

urdailywater

Smash Hero
This keeps looking like a port from the DS to the Wii every time I see it. I'm still getting it first thing 2morrow morning, no exceptions. I'm supposed to get a check to so I'll be getting batteries + Wii Speak also. Yay.

Puddin

Smash Lord
OH SHI- It comes out tomorrow? Boy does time fly, any special deals for reserving it? If not I'm sure I'll be able to just run into GameStop and pick it up no worries tomorrow.

M.K

Level 55
I'm definitely gonna get the Wii Speak/AC bundle, the commercials though make the game look really unappealing. I'll probably get it on Monday since Gamestop probably won't have stocked the first day.
Nope, no deals.
The only "deal" is getting it with WiiSpeak.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't someone say that this game will have DLC?

Amide

Smash Lord
@urdailywater

That's OK I guess. I have other strangers (you know I mean future friends) to play with:).

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Nope, no deals.
The only "deal" is getting it with WiiSpeak.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't someone say that this game will have DLC?
Yes there will be downloadable content.

@urdailywater

That's OK I guess. I have other strangers (you know I mean future friends) to play with
Or you can play with me =o
or i can play with those strangers.

I might have to use the headset that comes with it though. I don't want my whole family to hear smashers.. talk about their town.. well.. it'd just be kinda awkward I guess.

edit: But appearently using the headset gives you more feedback so idk.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Bah...

I'm getting the game tomorrow, but I'm too sure this game is going to end up being as it looks; 79% Wild World, 19% Original Animal Crossing, 1% City, and 1% Mii and other casual crap.

Nintendo's not even making an attempt anymore. You cannot argue that they're still supporting core gamers when they're recycling music, because the gamers who played the last game will have already heard it and that's just annoying. I don't want to play Wild World on Wii, I want CITY FOLK.

Whether or not the game ends up being good (hopefully it will, though), I want to send in an angry letter to Nintendo Power complaining about the recycled music, and ask what the hell went into that decision.
Maybe we can hope for new music in the form of DLC...?
*Sigh* I can be optimistic, can't I?

M.K

Level 55
Bah...

I'm getting the game tomorrow, but I'm too sure this game is going to end up being as it looks; 79% Wild World, 19% Original Animal Crossing, 1% City, and 1% Mii and other casual crap.

Nintendo's not even making an attempt anymore. You cannot argue that they're still supporting core gamers when they're recycling music, because the gamers who played the last game will have already heard it and that's just annoying. I don't want to play Wild World on Wii, I want CITY FOLK.

Whether or not the game ends up being good (hopefully it will, though), I want to send in an angry letter to Nintendo Power complaining about the recycled music, and ask what the hell went into that decision.
Maybe we can hope for new music in the form of DLC...?
*Sigh* I can be optimistic, can't I?
You aren't crazy.

I sent a huge *** letter to Nintendo about how ridiculous it was that Kangaskhan did not have a Pre-Evolution and hatched with a baby ALREADY in it's pouch.
Do it. Write that letter and be a proud (actually, angry) fanboy.

I'm optimistic about this game because I didn't enjoy Wild World.
When I want to play a game on the go, I don't want it to be a laid-back game. The original AC, however....oh boy, that one was awesome.
DLC is also one of the reasons I'm ecstatic about this title.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Same reason for me guys. I'm up early to get it. I'll try to confirm any recycled music, but I'm pretty sure the IGN videos don't lie =/

I'll be heading out soon. Hope to get ya'lls FC's soon enough.

Amide

Smash Lord
Well yeah, it's gonna be a recycled Wild World. Thankfully recycling is good for the environment (omg i'm hilarious)

But in all seriousness, I'm going to be pretty easy to please, I'll love it even if it sucks.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I got it now. It's pretty fun from what I see so far. The music is recycled, that's pretty much confirmed. =/

Although, it is pretty good music put onto your T.V. though.

Before you can play it, you have to update your wii system. I assume to WiiSpeak will work, which I didn't get anyways but whatever..

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Before you can play it, you have to update your wii system. I assume to WiiSpeak will work, which I didn't get anyways but whatever..
Any idea whether or not it kills Homebrew?

I haven't gotten it quite yet, but I'll be getting it relatively soon.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I don't know. I'll check if it does now. I doubt it will though.

Main reason I say this is cause it only took a few seconds to upload. Killing homebrew would take longer most likely..

Edit: still works.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't know. I'll check if it does now. I doubt it will though.

Main reason I say this is cause it only took a few seconds to upload. Killing homebrew would take longer most likely..

Edit: still works.
Awesome! I was worried that would happen, so I'm really happy it doesn't. Thanks.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Based on the 1up review, this game sounds like basically a rehash of Wild Word. So I'll probably get it, seeing as how I never played Wild World.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I got it but I need to finish with my chores until I can play it. Also, how many of you chose to buy it with WiiSpeak? I'm just curious because I got it without WiiSpeak.

Amide

Smash Lord
I got it but I need to finish with my chores until I can play it. Also, how many of you chose to buy it with WiiSpeak? I'm just curious because I got it without WiiSpeak.
I got it with Wii Speak, some friends are too. You can always change your mind and buy it;).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I got it with Wii Speak, some friends are too. You can always change your mind and buy it;).
True, but it'll cost an extra $10 to do so.

So, I got the game. I haven't played it yet, though. I'm busy with other things at the moment.

M.K

Level 55
I got it with Wii Speak!
Firus, GET WII SPEAK! D=
It's fun so far. My villagers are an ecclectic bunch....
I've got a beach house =D

urdailywater

Smash Hero
From what I'm playing right now, it isn't much of a Wild World rehash. With the addition of holidays and events, it's a must have. You'll be seeing a lot of differences between the two, I can assure you guys. And you'll be communicating with your neighbors a lot more to, but you still can't ask for jobs, they ask you instead.

Also, I'm playing by abusing the clock so far :/

I don't know why, but it isn't a pick it up and play game so I figured that it would be more fun if I could get to my favorite events faster.

Amide

Smash Lord
Sounds great, just gonna watch a bit of 60 minutes first.

Btw, what fruit do you have?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I got it with Wii Speak!
Firus, GET WII SPEAK! D=
It's fun so far. My villagers are an ecclectic bunch....
I've got a beach house =D
Sorry, I decided against it in the end.

I have a beach house too, though. It's pretty awesome. If others haven't noticed, you can actually hear the ocean from inside your house. Pretty awesome, if you ask me. =D

From what I'm playing right now, it isn't much of a Wild World rehash. With the addition of holidays and events, it's a must have. You'll be seeing a lot of differences between the two, I can assure you guys. And you'll be communicating with your neighbors a lot more to, but you still can't ask for jobs, they ask you instead.
Meh...I wouldn't go THAT far. Events and holidays really do improve the game (which is why I'm still not clear on Nintendo's decision to remove them in WW), but it still feels a LOT like Wild World. The music (even the main theme didn't get changed) doesn't help.
That said, it's not a bad game. But still doesn't beat the original in my mind.

ANIMAL CROSSING

less disappointing then smash
Epic truth.

i was playing on wifi and yeah...

i had to end party. he couldnt get out.he was obviously mad.
How did that even happen...? If you somehow did it, BRAVO!! He's wearing a Mii Mask, so...yeah.

Irregardless, though, it's hilarious. Heh, it's kind of funny how your guy is smiling, so even if you weren't really laughing at him or something, it looks like it.

Cooking would be a cool skill in Animal Crossing.
Meh...in my opinion, it'd be kind of pointless. You don't need to eat...nor is it smart to do so, at all, so it would be useless. Plus, that'd just be kind of Sims-y, and...yeah. Animal Crossing =/= Sims, nor should it.

Amide

Smash Lord
Firus, I understand disappointment, but how is the original still the best?

XACE-K

Smash Master
So far, the game is good:

-I got my house right near Nook's shop, the Able Sisters, the Museum, Town Hall, the Gate and the bus stop. All of the important stuff is right near me. :D But, if all that stuff was near the beach, than it would be perfect.

-@TL King: I have cherries.

- I need to change my villager's hair. He doesn't look good with it up. I need the hair to be like the buy villager's on the game cover.

- Decided not to get WiiSpeak.

- I have Rowan and Butch in my town. Awesome. :D

I'll probably give out my FC tomorrow if anybody wants it. I still want to do a bunch of other stuff first.

Amide

Smash Lord
I'll play you tomorrow. So far I'm enjoying the game; wi-fi is vastly improved, and the amount of items and customizing has definitely been upped.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
You guys might not want to play me, but I don't know. I'm abusing the clock, but I don't think it'll affect you if you go forward in time then back. Depends on if you're doing it to.

Did it do it in WW? If not then nevermind.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Btw, is it still 4 people for a party when on wi-fi? Or did it change?

I still don't know all the details of the wi-fi part of AC:CF.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, I understand disappointment, but how is the original still the best?
- Holidays and Events were there.

- You could (WARNING: MAJOR CONCEPT AHEAD) actually ask for jobs from the animals.

- Acres were more convenient and made it much easier to see -- top down instead of the "world" perspective, which makes it hard to see certain things.

- ORIGINAL MUSIC, which was also very good.

- Flowers that you didn't have to water (I'd take unwatered flowers over ones you can pick up, but have to water, any day of the week).

- Train Rides > Bus Rides/Town Gate walks (at least in my opinion).

- You didn't have to go through a million and one bad fish to find a good one; good fish, aside from like, one or two, were clearly different size-wise.

- A basement.

- No house-sharing.

- Easiest and cheapest to make multiple towns and thus more characters (I don't know yet if CF's data can be copied to an SD Card, allowing multiple towns, but at the moment I'm going to say probably not -- so you have to buy a new Wii to make a new town in CF, and a new game to make a new town in WW).

- Had a Dump.

Etc....I won't go on unless you want me to, and I imagine that was more than you wanted/expected anyways.

I'm not really all that disappointed with City Folk...I mean, it's fun and all, ans I also didn't have as high expectations for it. I'm pretty much just saying that from my experience, the original is better.

And wait...I just encountered a problem. Does K.K. not take requests?!
I WANT FOREST LIFE!
(Yes, I defied time. I don't want to wait an entire week for music in my house.)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...Wait, there's NO holidays in this game?
No, no, no. There weren't any in Wild World. When I'm taking into account the best game, I'm taking into account EVERYTHING, and Animal Crossing has the best of most worlds.

Still wondering...anyone know about K.K.?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
There are holidays in this game.
Forest Life music is in this game (I actually got it from the first song he gave me) but I don't think you can request...
You ride a short bus (wth)

You have a basement from what people say. I would hope so at least.
You don't have house sharing in this game.
The music here is pretty good, but still, it IS recycled.

You have the recycle bin in the town hall to go to instead of the dump.

I'll agree though, the original was WAY better, but I still can't find myself to go back and play it for some reason.

Oh, and you can't hold down A when trying to catch a bug with the net. That ruined the game for me, it makes catching bugs that much harder which I hate so much. But at least you have quick switching, so you don't exactly have to go to the main screen to switch your equipment.

edit: I don't think the city is cut out to what it should've been cut out to be.

Well, what I mean is it isn't so great. I mean it's useful so I can see Redd (with an invitation and 3000 bells.. of course), the Fortune Teller, and all that other good stuff whenever I want, it still doesn't make it the game it should've been.

It's a good game, that's a fact though.

Also, about the jobs thing in this game.. You still can't ask for them but you can refuse them and won't be repeatedly asked for the same thing. But you will make your neighbor go emo cry cry, which isn't really good. Oh well, at least I know all my neighbors suck.

Top Bottom