• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zss just won both of the invitationals and here's how

Dakpo

Smash Lord
http://www.gfycat.com/EnragedFatHackee

Texas just finished its first invitation tournament during the 2nd day after the game's release in japan. The Dallas area has 5 Japanese DS which gave me ample time to explore Zss for the in invitational and allowed me to win pretty convincingly.

The tournament was recorded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8gOZGkiPs&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAs8cNdGevM&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdj-0viZ9-0&index=2&list=PLFXOgPi6_N5QGmgr2kUW3Uj2EDsfhvfhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jB7rO0DBus&index=4&list=PLFXOgPi6_N5QGmgr2kUW3Uj2EDsfhvfhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoUlOy7um6M&index=9&list=PLFXOgPi6_N5QGmgr2kUW3Uj2EDsfhvfhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOb1hcgS6l4&index=13&list=PLFXOgPi6_N5QGmgr2kUW3Uj2EDsfhvfhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id55uaLAMEQ&index=26&list=PLFXOgPi6_N5QGmgr2kUW3Uj2EDsfhvfhY
I ended up taking sets from Denti, awestin, oracle, disafter and areolink.

Now on to a deep analysis of the character! This will be a direct comparison to brawl Zss. Let me know in the comments if you feel like I leave anything out.
--------------------------------------------------------
TILTS AND JABS AND DASH ATTACK

Jab BUFFED - I'm not sure if jab is still one frame; however, it is extremely fast and............IT FINALLY CONNECTS!!! This brings our quick punish game to a whole new level. Great improvement from brawl.

Up tilt EQUAL- up tilt is very similar to brawl. I feel like it doesn't hit quite as low to the ground like its brawl counterpart but might have a slight buff in strength and kill potential and very similar frame data. Using this move after her shield drop to punish a opponent is very very very good.

Down tilt NERFED- I personally do not like the changes to this move. Its slower all around and hits up and away rather than just up. This is not to say the move is bad. It just isn't quite as great as it was in brawl.

Forward tilt BUFFED- this move is practically unchanged yet will be used more differently than any other tilt because of some cool mechanic changes in the new smash. I'll explain later

DASH ATTACK BUFFED- This is just about one of the craziest buffs I have seen from the transition from brawl to Smash 4. The move itself is a dash animation with her Knee sticking out. The move goes about half the distance of Battle Field. It knocks them perfectly into the air to chase people. It has an extremely high base knockback but little to no growth, which means you will send people playing at 0%. The move is fast and can be used to combo after Neutral Special. The move is super hard to punish and can punish other players from across the stage
SMASHES

UP SMASH UNCHANGED- up smash is great! It continues to by favorite smash. It is the same speed with more kill power. You can't SDI very well so the move is even better than in brawl. The best thing about this move is that it is still one of her top options out of shield. It has a hit box that picks opponents off the ground and into the air. It is a fantastic anti air and catches opponents on platforms.

FORWARD SMASH BUFFED- this move got a total remake in this iteration of smash. It's actually really good and turned out to have many uses. It will most likely be the go to finisher after down smash along with Up B. It is a two hit move with a strong last hit. The animation can't be stopped once you start. It's one of her only 3 kills moves.

DOWN SMASH NERF- This move got nerfed hard :/. It does less damage, it has much less range, and holds opponents in stun for much less time. I don't think this will be used like it was in brawl. I also don't think that it is plus 1 on shield anymore

down smash combos- although I didn't get to explore to much with this, you have to make some choices when putting together her strings.
1. You cant down smash twice and combo
2. Your easiest kill options are up B or f smash (don't stale these earlier in the stock)
3. Your easiest damage is grab -> pummel -> down throw -> air attack follow up
4. Air attack follow ups are very difficult and unrewarding until further testing

THROWS

UP THROW EQUAL- same thing as brawl

FORWARD THROW EQUAL- sets up for potential follow ups depending on your opponents DI.

BACK THROW EQUAL- same as brawl

DOWN THROW BUFF-! Move is relatively the same except you can combo with it since the mechanics changed to add more hit stun. You can link neutral special uncharged into grab. Combos depend on your opponents DI, %, and weight/floaty speed. Can lead into fair, bair, nair, uair, and up B.

--------------------------------------------------------------
SPECIALS

UP B CHANGED- with the total remake, this move is used completely different than brawl. The move itself is a rising multi-hit kick that has a very strong ending hit box. It's possible to combo into it from the up air or down throw (if they have bad DI) . When using this move, be sure to start the move when the opponent is close to you, otherwise they will be knocked too far away by the rising hitboxes to complete the finishing blow on the move. The move its self is mediocre as a recovery. Its like the combination of marth and mario. You can lean forward and backward during the initial rise of the move; however, you lose a lot of mobility after the move is finished and you are put into special fall animation. I would say the move is buffed in terms of kill power (which is something that is extremely scarce in this game) but a nerf in terms of recovery range of her brawl Up B counter-part. This is one of her 3 Kill moves

DOWN SPECIAL BUFF- So this move changed a lot but has the same Idea as the brawl version. The move is a 3rd jump. You can footstool people out of it on the ground, ledge, and off stage. The move can also produce a kick which is really powerful. This is one of her only 3 kill moves. The move has a lot of trajectory ranges now. You can start the move and lean forward for maximum distance or lean in for a much shorter distance. So the move is 10X more flexible and can be changed to match the situation you desire. HERE IS THE KICKER THOUGH! I'm pretty sure this move has even more invincibility than it did in brawl. Brawl had 17 frames of invincibility which was enough to last the first half of the move, but I have seen Zss pass through attacks even later than that. The move also retains its Spike hitbox, but I didn't get enough time to explore it in this game. This move has the potential to be completely busted.

SIDE SPECIAL NERF- This move really kinda sucks now. It does not kill. To give you an idea of how little knockback this move has, I could Side B Rob at 200% on a small stage and he would live. The move will be a good zoning tool, but the real bread and butter will be with her other special. Its actually a great recovery option because it grabs the ledge from a fair distance away.

NEUTRAL SPECIAL- The move shoots an energy shot that will shortly stun a character. This move is unchanged from Brawl but is INCREDIBLE because of the difference in mechanics. Average follow-ups after an uncharged shot include Dash attack and grab. If you paralyze them at close range, you can forward smash or Up B.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zair

YES ZSS FINALLY HAS A ZAIR! I feel this move has a lot of potential that needs to be unlocked. It can be used to grab the ledge like other zairs and can be used to cancel air dodges. Zair does have lag in this game. It might be considerable to air dodge lag. Having a zair makes doing out of shield options a tad more difficult, but it will be worth it. Its about as long as Link's Zair.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AERIALS

UP AIR CHANGED- The move is similar to brawl but has some subtle changes. The hitbox is a little bigger and has a little more cool down. Its great for chaining comboes into Up B or more Up airs. It will frame trap people trying to air dodge. Since the move is a little slower, it becomes a slightly weaker option out of shield.

FORWARD AIR CHANGED- the move is basically the same. It has slightly more reach but a lot less knock back. It can be chained at low percent after Down throw (opponent DI dependent).

DOWN AIR EQUAL?- The move is a kick that launches her down and releases a small shockwave when she touches ground. The move is the same, but can punish air dodges better, I suppose. If you get sent flying up due to being hit, you can jump and Down Air to stall momentum (same as in brawl)

NEUTRAL AIR CHANGED- The move is a very unique hitbox that hits in front of her and diagonally behind her. The move has more reach in front of her, which is a super plus. The most disappointing thing about this move is that they remove my favorite hitbox that she had in brawl. This would be the hit box directly behind her during the NAIR. The move will hit opponents away from you depending on which side they are on.

BACK AIR NERFED- The move is the same hitbox from Brawl except the kill potential was nerfed into the ground like SIDE SPECIAL. The move is still good and can follow up after DOWN THROW. I was sad to see our best kill move nerfed like this :/
-------------------------------------------------------
Special Tech

In this game, you can cancel your slide animation with a forward tilt or forward smash. So in theory, you can run away from an opponent, start the slide animation, then do an instant turn around F-tilt or F-smash.
Glide toss is confirmed
Down B can cancel its kick animation off ledges (like brawl)
thats all I found out within a day of playing her :p

Potential Combos

Zair will probably connect into grabs at certain percents. I'm super stoked to see the potential of zair
I think landing with the first hit box of fair will be a combo starter in this game. I didn't get to experiment to much
Any upward hitting move into Up B
Down throw into anything (opponent DI dependent)
Down smash combos (explained above)
Back air from the ground might be able to chain at lower percents

TLDR: she's good, but has a heavy weakness to shields just like Brawl

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Zero Suit Samus and Meta Knight were my mains in Brawl, so it makes me happy that ZSS is so good!

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I don't remember commenting on momentum canceling
Oh no haha, I was just inferring. I know you said Dair still has stall-then-fall properties and ZSS can use Dair to stall in the air when sent upwards, so I was wondering if it cancelled or reduced her vertical flying distance.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
also is zair safe on shield if you space it well?
is sideB/uair slower or is it just me lmao
downB getting even stronger is hype. It grounds people a la pitfall if u use it on a person whos standing on the ground

also pretty sure dsmash range isnt nerfed but she doesnt step forward anymore and thats a big ****ing deal

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What weaknesses to shields? Remember, you have a grab, and it doesn't have 10,000 years of ending lag in this game. Also you can set up a lot of traps with it in conjunction with paralyzer, and when spaced well, the risk of being punished by something that is likely to do a lot of damage to you is pretty low.

Character seems kinda busted. Her only two weaknesses previously were bad low hitboxes and a virtually unusable grab. Now with tether grabs actually not sucking...and apparently having hitboxes that aren't nearly as weak to crouching, yeah.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
bad low hitboxes with her previous dtilt and dsmash?

pls
talk about **** u do know about

tether grabs still have extra lag tho
and honestly her main issues were jump height, fall speed, bad dair, comparibly bad close up fighting due to lack of jab... in addition to a recovery thats actually gimpable in a game where all top characters are hard to gimp.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
In Brawl, especially if you play smaller characters, crouching means ZSS literally can't hit you with moves BESIDES D-tilt and D-smash. You expect people to just let you walk up and hit you with those moves? It makes your spacing game predictable and thus easier to control and counter. So having trouble hitting short characters is a legitimate weakness. ESPECIALLY when you don't have a viable grab to keep people honest with their deliberate powershield attempts.

Bad jumps isn't a big problem if you have a ground game. Look at Snake in Brawl. Look at Sheik in Melee. Also ZSS's Jab was a viable move in Brawl, just you never used the third hit except on like floaty characters. And wtf, gimpable recovery? Maybe in specific matchups like Metaknight. Not sure what you're on. ZSS already had one of the stronger recoveries in Brawl. Down-B has huge invincibility, mobility variation, and a hitbox that nobody in the right mind wants to challenge and inadvertently trade with. Her getting a better recovery in this game is more or less overkill.

In general as stated, ZSS's biggest buffs are better ground moves and a viable grab. Which basically covered the two biggest holes in her game. And she still can kill you really fast with her strong juggle game and outmaneuvers a lot of the cast.

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
In Brawl, especially if you play smaller characters, crouching means ZSS literally can't hit you with moves BESIDES D-tilt and D-smash. You expect people to just let you walk up and hit you with those moves? It makes your spacing game predictable and thus easier to control and counter. So having trouble hitting short characters is a legitimate weakness. ESPECIALLY when you don't have a viable grab to keep people honest with their deliberate powershield attempts.

Bad jumps isn't a big problem if you have a ground game. Look at Snake in Brawl. Look at Sheik in Melee. Also ZSS's Jab was a viable move in Brawl, just you never used the third hit except on like floaty characters. And wtf, gimpable recovery? Maybe in specific matchups like Metaknight. Not sure what you're on. ZSS already had one of the stronger recoveries in Brawl. Down-B has huge invincibility, mobility variation, and a hitbox that nobody in the right mind wants to challenge and inadvertently trade with. Her getting a better recovery in this game is more or less overkill.

In general as stated, ZSS's biggest buffs are better ground moves and a viable grab. Which basically covered the two biggest holes in her game. And she still can kill you really fast with her strong juggle game and outmaneuvers a lot of the cast.
I think I totally misread your post.

For clarity, I thought you were claiming ZSSamus could crouch for near invulnerability which seemed like pure stupid bias as that would have been but your post is actually true.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think you practice with a ZSS who is better than you and makes you salty.

She has been mid tier or worse since day 1. EOD? No, but quit talking like this isn't the first time ZSS has been significantly strong... Heck I mostly just know this from websites, I actually thought ZSS was cheap too till I saw good play. I also thought meta knight was fine and Toon link strong.
Uh, hardly. If anything, I feel ZSS in Brawl is totally fair to play against because even someone like Mario can just crouch to immediately limit her options and force her into bad positions. I'm honestly shocked she won a big tournament in Brawl frankly given the obvious limitations of her kit in that game.

The point is though her weaknesses in Brawl were EXTREMELY SPECIFIC, and essentially removed in Smash 4. So she's probably busted in this game. Especially getting a viable grab? Okay, you have a character who has some of the best mobility in the game, good footsies and defensive options, very strong punish options, a solid recovery, yeah. Viable grab to ensure shield walking doesn't screw her tops it off.

Am I salty? Somewhat, because the character has pretty questionable design overall. In Brawl, basically hits as hard as Bowser without the terrible recovery and superior mobility, but instead has laughable blindspots and basically no grab. SSB4, still hits super hard and has superior mobility, has blind spots toned down significantly, and finally can grab viably. It's just...clearly an overloaded concept.

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
What weaknesses to shields? Remember, you have a grab, and it doesn't have 10,000 years of ending lag in this game. Also you can set up a lot of traps with it in conjunction with paralyzer, and when spaced well, the risk of being punished by something that is likely to do a lot of damage to you is pretty low.

Character seems kinda busted. Her only two weaknesses previously were bad low hitboxes and a virtually unusable grab. Now with tether grabs actually not sucking...and apparently having hitboxes that aren't nearly as weak to crouching, yeah.
We will have a weakness to shields until the day we have a normal grab. When people learn how to power shield our moves, every match up will become a lot more difficult. The grab itself still very slow on start up and it is perfectly reasonable to expect top level players to have the reaction time to dodge it after seeing the start up animations, just like they did in brawl.

o btw @ Dakpo Dakpo does ZSS's upsmash still crawl under everything
what do you mean crawl under everything?

also is zair safe on shield if you space it well?
is sideB/uair slower or is it just me lmao
downB getting even stronger is hype. It grounds people a la pitfall if u use it on a person whos standing on the ground

also pretty sure dsmash range isnt nerfed but she doesnt step forward anymore and thats a big ****ing deal
Zair on shield seems safe for the most part. However, if someone power shields it then it is easy enough to punish

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
In Brawl, especially if you play smaller characters, crouching means ZSS literally can't hit you with moves BESIDES D-tilt and D-smash. .
This is why I'm a huge advocate of Up-Smash out of shield! It picks opponents off the ground as well!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
We will have a weakness to shields until the day we have a normal grab. When people learn how to power shield our moves, every match up will become a lot more difficult. The grab itself still very slow on start up and it is perfectly reasonable to expect top level players to have the reaction time to dodge it after seeing the start up animations, just like they did in brawl.
Olimar's grab in Brawl had awful startup. He was the 2nd or third best character in the game. Now obviously, this is in part because he had other zoning tools to pressure the opponent or control their approach options. Surely, ZSS has nothing that compares to that.

Wait. Paralyzer has like no ending lag and at medium range is probably positive on block. So basically in midrange, by simply firing paralyzer at the right ranges, you put the opponent in a position where they HAVE to be on the defensive, and you are in control. You either dominate them with above average footsies at this point when they refuse to continue shielding, or you space a grab. And it's not the end of the world if they avoid it, unless it's really character specific things like Little Mac with his fast KO uppercut or something.

Yes, having a tether grab means you lose SOME traditional offensive mixups, but given the risk vs options covered and reward, not to mention the synergy with other kit options, you can't just simply say ZSS is bad on shields anymore. She already had some GOOD shield pressure options in Brawl, but the risk of grabbing made it to an extent pointless, which is not so in this game.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Paralyzer.
Shield for a weak powershield.
Is it getting charged? Jump.

Wowowowow did I just beat Paralyzer just by being able to POWERSHIELD ZERO SUITS MOVES?
When people learn how to power shield our moves, every match up will become a lot more difficult.

also that paralyzer **** was also in brawl. She wasn't as bad on shields as people made her out to be, it required a different mindset though. That said, nigh everything about ZSS in Brawl required a different mindset.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
also that paralyzer **** was also in brawl. She wasn't as bad on shields as people made her out to be, it required a different mindset though. That said, nigh everything about ZSS in Brawl required a different mindset.
And the point is, ZSS now has a viable grab. AND all the nonsense she previously had with paralyzer. Which combined together, gives you a very competitive mixup game that isn't just beaten by trying to powershield her. And it's not outrageously risky, and the potential to land a grab leads to the threat of ZSS's strong juggle game which deals big damage and can kill.

Oh and jumping at ZSS? Not sure when you're going to do that outside of a risky read. ZSS WANTS you to jump at her, because her aerials are really strong, and she has a lot of mobility to outmaneuver spacing.

Last edited:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Warning Received
*** if you reply fast enough on a paralyze charge you either punish her straight up or force her to shield and take ur aerial.

when zss shields in brawl is where issues really come forth. have fun learning pivot dtilt out of shield.

can i just edit all my posts to say "aight BRUH" cuz im arguing on smashboards again and its hurting my brain
im gonna leave it at this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Olimar's grab in Brawl had awful startup. He was the 2nd or third best character in the game. Now obviously, this is in part because he had other zoning tools to pressure the opponent or control their approach options. Surely, ZSS has nothing that compares to that.
Zss could only have dreams about how good olimars grab was. The cool down of Olimar's grab was like half of ours and more mobile. There is noooo comparison there.

Wait. Paralyzer has like no ending lag and at medium range is probably positive on block. So basically in midrange, by simply firing paralyzer at the right ranges, you put the opponent in a position where they HAVE to be on the defensive, and you are in control. You either dominate them with above average footsies at this point when they refuse to continue shielding, or you space a grab. And it's not the end of the world if they avoid it, unless it's really character specific things like Little Mac with his fast KO uppercut or something.
1. Projectiles are ALWAYS positive on block because you are free to move while the projectile travels across the stage.
2. You can still approach someone while power shield projectiles. It's not like shooting projectiles stops people and forces them into shield for a long time.
3. Grabs are easy to avoid if you competent at the game. It should work fantastically on slow reaction players.

Yes, having a tether grab means you lose SOME traditional offensive mixups, but given the risk vs options covered and reward, not to mention the synergy with other kit options, you can't just simply say ZSS is bad on shields anymore. She already had some GOOD shield pressure options in Brawl, but the risk of grabbing made it to an extent pointless, which is not so in this game.
Look, Im not saying she instant loses vs people with good shielding techniques, but it does make it a lot more difficult. There are holes in the character design, but they are definitely workable. She is a fantastic character!

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I've been playing her as well all weekend, Dakpo. Probably gonna wind up maining her lol.
Fits my playstyle perfectly. Enjoyed reading your writeup as well, grats on the tournament win ^^!

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Right. Olimar's grab has half the ending lag of ZSS's in Brawl. Surely they would never do such a thing for tether characters in the new Smash. OH WAIT. Whoops, looks like ZSS now has a good grab.

Also, not all projectiles are positive on block especially in medium to close range. In Brawl, Wolf Blaster, Mario/Luigi Fireballs, King Dedede Waddle Dees, Ness/Lucas PK Fire, ROB laser, Pikachu's Thunder Jolt, Sheik Needles, are all mostly negative on block except at really long ranges.

The primary projectiles that were consistently positive on block in combat ranges were things like Falco lasers, item tossing, Samus missiles, and of course ZSS Paralyzer.

Right, you can powershield Paralyzer on reaction, but you can only be guaranteed an advantageous position doing so powershielding it in relatively close range. At medium range, the situation can be either neutral or slightly advantageous for either player depending on spacing. Meanwhile, it's still something that limits the opponent's mobility, which ZSS wants most of the time due to having strong footsies and safe shield pressure. Having a viable grab means the opponent has to work harder to beat ZSS's options, even if a number of them can potentially be defended against reactively (though she has some good normals that aren't extremely vulnerable to reactive defense).

ZSS in her current state though appears to not only have a lot more options to dominate neutral stance than most characters, she also has considerably above average reward on hit, and below average risk for attempting mixups. Pretty much a busted character the way I see it. Held back in Brawl by ridiculous blind spots and an unviable grab, and that's mostly it.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Dude you were a treat to watch at the tourney! I was already planning on maining her, this just sealed the deal. Looking forward to other stuff you and others will come up with after some more exploration. Zair specially looks like it has a lot of potential. I dunno if you had the time to try, but does zair setup for grabs/anything or is it just gonna be a useful poke tool?

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Dude you were a treat to watch at the tourney! I was already planning on maining her, this just sealed the deal. Looking forward to other stuff you and others will come up with after some more exploration. Zair specially looks like it has a lot of potential. I dunno if you had the time to try, but does zair setup for grabs/anything or is it just gonna be a useful poke tool?
I couldn't program the option of a zair into my brain in time -___- but it looks like a combo starter

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Gratz on the win and especially on that hype finishing combo. ZSS is looking pretty scary. I'm looking forward to punishing telegraphed approaches with Dash back pivot F-smash.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS seems to have been heavily rebalanced. A lot of what made her strong in Brawl was nerfed but she has had most of her bad moves adjusted in some way too.

Honestly I'm a little disappointed. She doesn't seem to play anywhere near close to the same way.

@ Dakpo Dakpo Congrats again on the win!

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Seems like she lost long combo opportunities for more containment and easy links.

She damage potential but gained consistency. Not a bad trade imo and still has the makings of a strong character.

Dohz

Smash Cadet
The only thing I'm disappointed in is the nerf to her dsamsh. If you were down, you could land a dsmash chain and turn the tide. Now that option isn't so easy.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Zero just said he thinks she's broken and is currently looking like the best character in the game.
He's pulling off tonnes of crazy good combos with her.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Well...she as an infinite combo. That says something. How many infinite combos have there been in Smash?

TrollheartBlue

Smash Rookie
Wow. Those were some crazy fun matches to watch (Anyone who says Smash 4 won't be fun to watch, I'll have to direct to that last game of the Grand Finals). Not only does this make me incredibly excited as a ZSS main in Brawl, but a Smash player in general (not that I wasn't hyped before). Some questions:

1. What do you consider the best option out of shield up (smash, special, or shield)?
2. What's the biggest thing ZSS has going against her (i.e hardest thing to play against)?
3. How does ZSS's short hop compare to in Brawl?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
1. What do you consider the best option out of shield up (smash, special, or shield)?
It changes depending on the situation.
1. If your opponent is in kill percent and hits your shield really close, then Up B out of shield will kill; HOWEVER, moves stale in this game. So its very important that you NEVER USE UP B TO ATTACK UNTIL KILL %!
2.That being said, use Up smash to hit low opponents
3.Up tilt is one of the fastest punishes. It has decent range, but won't hit low opponents (up tilt has a bit of cool down, so make sure it hits)
4. Grab if they used a laggy move (its very important to learn what moves you can grab and what moves you can't grab)
5. Up air out of shield if they are tall enough (this would be the super optimal option since it combos the hardest) This is almost the most difficult to perform. I have already put an hour or two into practicing up Air out of shield
2. What's the biggest thing ZSS has going against her (i.e hardest thing to play against)?
She is a combo monster. If you make a mistake against her, its going to hurt. She is also really fast!
3. How does ZSS's short hop compare to in Brawl?
It's similar

Top Bottom