• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Comparitive to Sheik?

Blaze93

Smash Rookie
ZSS, never played, but after watching some videos, she looks like a comparison of Sheik but better.

Anyone have some opinions, comments or actual proof that they are similar?

Is she as quick as Sheik?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZSS, never played, but after watching some videos, she looks like a comparison of Sheik but better.

Anyone have some opinions, comments or actual proof that they are similar?

Is she as quick as Sheik?
Heh, not like Sheik at all. Sheik uses her fast projectiles and tilts that keep her opponent close enough for another hit. ZSS uses her obscene range and ability to stun her opponent for a very complex combo game. In fact, they are really only alike it terms of their dtilt, but nothing else.

As I recall, though, ZSS is comparable to Sheik in terms of speed.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
1. They're both girls.
2. D-tilt is nearly same properties
3. Shiek had good combos in melee, ZSS has good "strings" of attacks
4. Both are fast
5. Both are very light.

They are pretty similar to me, but Shiek has a better projectile, and is more intuitive at comboing.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I replaced Melee's Sheik with ZS Samus.
They both have the same dashing speed, hair color, wear blue, can fight, have whips(excuse me chain).
ZS Samus will probably be one par with the spot Sheik had in Melee on the tier list.
So, Sheik and ZS Samus are similar, they are both girls!

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I wish it, and I have seen a very close large shooting star before, and it was not a comet, now if I could just use Mario's Time Machine!

Btw, did everyone have the database error?
And, my PM box says 2 new messages, but I checked them all.

Snakeee

Smash Master
They're a little similar, and it actually seems that a lot of people that play ZSS also play Sheik (including me)
I don't know if it's character preference, but they both fit my style because you can have a good pressure game with both of them.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I used to main Sheik in Melee, now it's Zelda, Sheik and Samus. I'm picking up ZSS quickly.

From what I can tell, it is possible for her to adopt Sheik's "strategy". Her agility allows her to quickly come in for a dash attach/other attack and follow it up with a series of moves, mostly in the air, then retreat and go in again.

However, I'm starting to see that there are other strategies which work better with her. Sheik can't stun opponent, nor can she spike them.

There are obvious similarities: The whips, d-tilt, speed, dash attacks, and insane aerial/edge-guarding game. But, imo, ZSS is a much more complex character. For one thing, she has a down-B since ZSS/Samus are almost two entirely seperate characters.

Basically, to sum it up, it is possible to play ZSS and Sheik using a similar strategy, but they are different characters and thus should be treated accordingly.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I mained Sheik in Melee, but she just doesn't feel fast enough anymore. Almost clunky compared to ZSS.

daemonk

Smash Cadet
I mained Sheik in melee. I was able to pick up ZSS faster because I found ZSS to move similarly to Sheik.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see how ZSS is similar to Sheik at all. I mean I see what people are comparing but I just don't completely agree. I mean sure shes fast and the d-tilt is essentially the same but there ends the similarities as far as actual play goes. I played Sheik in melee and play her in brawl but I hate ZSS. I don't know if the playstyles don't match or what. It is possible that other people have drastically different playstyles and therefore think that they are similar but as for me I don' t htink that they are. ZSS just doesn't have the quickness in her attacks that I see in Sheik. The only nice speedy attacks that I see from her are her aerials which are nice but still not like Sheik.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
Hmm...Zamus and Sheik are definitely different from each other...I feel like sheik is a lot easier to be precise with without having to get used to her...short hopping is very easy with her and she stops movement as soon as you stop inputting

Zamus requires a lot more finese and fine tuning in order to adequately use her speed and maneuverability...she's a tad bit more slippery and a little input goes a long way with her

granted they're both fast characters but Sheik is a tightly controlled speed while Zamus is a speed that you need to maximize to your advantage to overwhelm your opponent.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I don't see many similarities. Sheik lacks range and is better up in your face. zss has cooler combos.

i guess they're a bit similar because they have tether recovery as well as another recovery option.

Adapt

Smash Lord
ZSS has a similar movement speed to Sheik. They also have the ability to "combo"

I think they seem similar when you first start playing them, but once you get some skill with each you soon realize that they play completely differently

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm going to have to go with No on this. They have a few similarities (Uptilt hits twice, downtilt very similar, comboable aerials, identical run-speed, side-B tether), but they have many more differences. ZSS is far floatier than Sheik and has a much higher jump. ZSS has many incredibly long-ranged moves. ZSS has a much better dash attack. Sheik has an actual Up B recovery and tilts that combo much better.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
also zss is more comfortable keeping her opponent above her, whereas sheik prefers to be on the same level.

also as has been mentioned range is completely different as with attacking speed on most attacks

Top Bottom